Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suchetha PaarteYour feedback matters!
My sister face problem of having nill milk to feed her baby after pregnancy for 3 months and so going on. Please give solution for secretion of milk from breast.
Being able to conceive and the prospect of bringing a new life into the world is something that is highly satisfying and full of joy. Mother's-to-be generally start to take extra care of their diet and make sure they eat right when they are pregnant so that the fetus does not have to suffer. Though it is important to eat healthy during pregnancy, a lot of women and/or their loved ones tend to get carried away and end up gaining more weight than they should.
Today, where our modern lifestyle exposes us to minimal physical activity, the risk of becoming obese during pregnancy is high and some may mistake it for a healthy body. Not only does being obese has adverse effects on the pregnancy, it may also lead to the birth of an unhealthy baby, which may leave long-term negative impact on the body and health of the mother for her to struggle with, for a lifetime.
Some disadvantages of obesity in pregnant women:
In order to be able to understand the importance of controlling weight gain in pregnancy, it may be essential to know what could go wrong if the weight is not controlled or kept under check. Here’s what could go wrong:
- The increasing weight may be one of the biggest reasons for developing long-term health problems, such as diabetes and cholesterol that find an easy access to the body during the time of pregnancy.
- The chance of a normal delivery in obese women are highly minimal, as observed by experts around the world.
- In the case of disorders such as preeclampsia, it may become necessary to deliver the baby sooner than the regular time period and it may also put the organs of the mother at great risk.
- Sleepless or tired nights may be common in the case of women who suffer from obesity during pregnancy and this is something that may affect the journey and process of pregnancy as a whole.
Tackling obesity and keeping it at bay
One of the most important things to do in order to keep obesity at bay in the event of a pregnancy is to make sure that you are eating healthy. If you overtly indulge in fatty foods and junk items, you may be putting your body at the risk of gaining quick kilos. However, if you eat a balanced diet and make sure that you consult your gynaecologist for dietary advice, you may be able to keep excessive weight at bay. Light exercises, such as swimming, walking or yoga can also help but you must make sure to take expert help and suggestions before performing any physical activity that may put yourself or your baby at risk. With the right help you may be able to go through a healthy pregnancy and achieve health and happiness for your baby.
How to use contraceptive pills right after sexual intercourse and for how many days or month she have to take it continuously and at what time and what amount to prevent unwanted pregnancy?
Me nd my gf wr having gud time and v wr both in underwear but I didn't eject inside .is there any chance of pregnancy. And does precum contain sperm when having sex first time in a day and does precum travel through our underwear .and also she had taken unwanted 72 on 30th of this month.
I have depressed because of my failure n unsuccessful life in career. I studied well earlier but because of sickness I can not do study well or work. Earlier was not like that, unlikely now I don't get results according to my performance n I get frustrated. It was till 2012 when I was in 12th std. I'm ambitious n got sickness at initial stages of my life. What should I do.
Hi my age is 26 I am getting irregular periods if I use medicine it will come regular after finishing medicine again same problem occurring what I have to do please suggest me.
Hi! I want to know which is a good condom company to use! For a safe sex! N which condom will be safe to use for not making a girl pregnant.
What to do if in pregnancy GS Measure 5MM Corresponding to 5 weeks but period not came from 3 Months. Pregnancy will Success or not?
It's been almost twenty days since she has taken abortion pills. The bleeding still hasn't stopped. What might be wrong?
I have been using this tablet and The complete name is Cyproterone acetate Ethinylestradiol Estranon is this tab dose not prevent from pregnancy?
Preconception planning and health care focus on things you can do before and between pregnancies to increase your odds of having a healthy child. For a few women, preparing their body for pregnancy takes a couple of months. For others, it may take longer. Here are a few things you should consider in your preconception planning:
- See your doctor: Before getting pregnant, consult a doctor and talk to them about the preconception healthcare needs. The doctor will need to examine your family history and any other medical conditions you may have at present that could influence your future pregnancy.
- Medical conditions: In case you have any medicinal conditions, make sure they are under control and being dealt with properly. Some of these conditions include: STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), diabetes, thyroid, phenylketonuria (PKU), seizures, hypertension, joint inflammation, dietary issues and other chronic diseases.
- Lifestyle and behavior: Consult a doctor or a specialist in case you smoke, drink liquor or use drugs; live in an unpleasant or oppressive environment; or work with or live around harmful substances.
- Medication: Consuming certain medicines during pregnancy can bring about genuine birth defects. These include some remedy and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and dietary or home grown supplements. In case you are planning a pregnancy, you need to examine the requirement for any medicine with your specialist before becoming pregnant and ensure you are taking just those medicines that are vital.
- Take 400 micrograms of folic acid every day: Folic acid is a vital nutrient that the body requires, especially during pregnancy. If a woman has enough folic acid in her body at least one month before and during pregnancy, it can prevent some birth defects of the infant's brain and spine.
- Quit drinking alcohol, smoking, and using drugs: Smoking, drinking liquor and consuming drugs can bring about numerous issues during pregnancy for a woman and her child which may include untimely birth, birth imperfections, and newborn death.
- Dodge toxic substances and environmental contaminants: Dodge lethal substances and other ecological contaminants and destructive materials at work or at home. For example, engineered chemicals, metals, bug sprays, fertilizers and animal faeces.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Women who are overweight have a higher risk for some serious conditions, including complications during pregnancy, coronary disease, type-2 diabetes and certain other diseases (endometrial, bosom, and colon). Women who are underweight are likewise at risk for other medical issues. The way to accomplish and keep up a sound weight is not about short-term dietary changes. One should maintain it throughout in order to stay healthy and fit.
- Family history: Gathering your family's health history can be critical for your child’s well-being. Depending upon your family history, you might be recommended to genetic counselling by your doctor. Women go for genetic counselling owing to different reasons such as having had premature deliveries in the past, an infant’s death, infertility, or even a hereditary condition or birth defect that happened during a past pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.