Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suchetha Paarte
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suchetha PaarteYour feedback matters!
Cultures all across the world have their typical ways of dealing with sexuality and while all cultures bring something good, they also have their bad quirks as well. While India gave the world Kama Sutra, it also perpetuates sexual conditions such as the Dhat syndrome due to certain long held beliefs. These cause many problems among men and women and in the context of modern medicine, should be treated as a psychological problem.
What is Dhat Syndrome?
Dhat syndrome is the fear that a man is losing his semen without any control over it. Men afflicted by Dhat syndrome often complain that they are losing semen involuntarily, and thus feeling fatigued all the time. Some of the other complaints and symptoms associated with Dhat syndrome can be categorized as follows:
- Suffering from premature ejaculation
- Impotence or erectile dysfunction bought on by a psychological fear of losing semen
- Fear that the person is losing semen through urine
- Person feels guilty or embarrassed about masturbation or sex
- Has anxiety disorders which can affect daily functioning
The causes for Dhat Syndrome:
This is a psychological issue caused primarily by social taboos and deeply ingrained beliefs which stem from religious doctrine or social stigma. For example, semen is considered to be a vital fluid and an integral part of life force. The belief is formed from an old Hindu spiritual belief that semen is very hard for the body to produce. This is ingrained into some boys who then feel guilty at accidental discharges such as nightfall or ejaculation through masturbation.
Diagnosis by Doctors:
Most doctors classify this as a psychological disorder as there are many other forms with slight variations of this present in many other cultures. Some examples of these are:
- Jiryan primarily in South East Asia
- Shen-k'uei in China
- Prameha in Srilanka
This is also commonly known as semen loss anxiety and is seen in certain western cultures too. The notion that holding onto semen is valuable for a man's vitality is not only a wrong notion but it stops the men from having a normal sex life. Even masturbation can make them feel guilty.
The only treatment options that are effective against this condition are cognitive behavioral therapies which use psychological intervention along with social exercises. This and being informed about your body from proper medical sources will help you release the inhibitions and lead a normal sex life.
My period is two days late and have tested my self for pregnancy and its negative. Could it be that am suffering for PCOS. Whaf medication can I take.
I am 39 year old having 2 children younger is 6 months old & breastfeeding. I am having severe pain burning & piercing type 10/20 minutes after feeding & lasts almost one hour or more since 2 months. Nipple is healthy, no past health issues. Please suggest and help.
Hi. Am now 8 months pregnant. Yesterday 8 month scanning completed. My baby weight 1311grm. Is it correct weight. Which food I eat.
UGI endoscopy report: Oesophagus: normal. Les at 37 cms Stomach: patchy erosion present in antrum. No ulcer or growth Duodenum: D1 and D2 are normal FINAl IMPRESSION: ANTRAL EROSIONS Can you explain my report. Is anything serious in my report?
My wife is 7th month pregnant. Her abdominal is so hard but baby is ok. What are food eat for her and her baby. Please advise in brief.
Me and my wife are trying to have baby from last 2 months but nothing is happening what should we do and what is the best way.
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is characterized by pain in the muscles and the joints. This disorder leads to the development of multiple tender points on the body, wherein, a very small amount of pressure applied might result in pain. In some cases, social isolation and depression may occur as a result of this disorder.
The symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
1. You will have difficulties in sleeping at night
2. You may experience mental problems and cognitive dysfunction
3. Light and noise sensitivity
4. Irritable bowel syndrome
5. A numb feeling on your hands and feet
6. Chronic headaches
7. You may experience painful periods
8. Restless legs syndrome
9. You may be depressed
The muscles of the body tend to feel overworked, even though you may not have exercised. You may also experience deep throbbing pain and burning sensation in the muscles. In addition, it may cause symptoms similar to osteoarthritis and bursitis. You are at a higher risk of being affected by fibromyalgia if you have a family history of this particular disease.
Some other causes of this disease are:
1. Certain infections and illness may lead to fibromyalgia
2. Car accidents
3. Any repetitive motion
The treatments for this disorder include:
- Sleep management: Optimal levels of sleep at night help in improving symptoms of fibromyalgia. Don’t drink coffee or consume spicy foods before going to bed as these have the ability to interfere with your sleep cycles.
- Medications: The doctor may prescribe medications to manage the pain. Taking anti-depressants may be necessary if you suffer from depression.
- Other therapies: Massage treatments help in easing the symptoms of fibromyalgia. You may continue with your exercise regimen after consulting the doctor. Relaxation techniques like mediation may help improving your mental health. You may also be asked to include various food supplements to make sure your body receives the necessary nutrients in the right amounts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedics.