Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sucheta ParteYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor! My Ivf donor egg process has been delayed as I was hospitalised for High bp and typhoid. I discontinued tablet oral g for 5 days then I got my periods on 10th June. I got my periods soon after stopping tablet. Before 10th June I had my periods on 25th may. Now when will I get my periods. Are there chances to conceive naturally in this cycle. I was going for Ivf as my amh count was low. Will my next periods come on time or I need some medicines. Pls reply.
I am 2 weeks pregnant and I want to abort it please prescribe me with medicines and the dosage. Thanks.
I am 62 years old lady, never did cervical test. Now did high risk hpv dna test. Specimen rlu positive calibrator cut of ratio 5.24. Colposcopically directed cervical biopsy done n cervical biopsy taken for hpe. Result awating. Shall I b prepared for anything worst?
I am 21 yr old female and I had unprotected intercourse on 25th september that is on 5 th day of my cycle but I took pills on the next day itself. I experienced irregular bleeding on 3, 4, 5 th of October n I again had sex on 5 th itself but this time condom was used. Now it is 2 November that is 12 days of missed periods n I conducted 2 urine pregnancy tests which were both negative. Please guide me whether I am pregnant or not n if not when will my periods start?
How to balance the hormonal imbalance through food. To achieve regular periods I have pcod and hypothyroid.
Low libido or a decreased intimate activity can affect a relationship in a big way. In some extreme cases, the impact is such that it leads to irreconcilable marital discords. Time and again, an individual, irrespective of their age, sex or occupation can go through phases of low libido. Decreased sexual desire over a longer period of time needs thorough investigation.
It could be an indication of something big and serious lying ahead. 7 critical factors attributing to low libido
- Hormonal imbalance: Women, mostly menopausal and post menopausal, experience low libido. This is because during menopause, there is a significant drop in the oestrogen level. Reduced oestrogen level can have a huge impact on sexual desires and performance. It can also make the vagina dry, resulting in painful penetration and intercourse. Hormonal imbalance or changes during pregnancy can also result in low libido in females. In males, low libido has been found to be associated with decreased levels of testosterone.
- Stress: An individual's mental and emotional state is greatly reflected in their sexual performance. A sound mental health can enhance a performance thousand folds. On the contrary, factors like depression, anxiety and stress lowers the sexual desires in a person. To enjoy a healthy and normal sexual life, it is important to keep stress and chronically blue moods at bay.
- Sound sleep to the rescue: The benefits of a sound sleep are beyond imagination. A good 6- 8 hours of sleep can do your sexual desires or libido a world of good. A sleep deprived soul will be agitated and cranky, both on and off the bed. Continuous sleep deprivation can also lower the testosterone level, resulting in low libido.
- Medical ailemnts: Medical conditions like diabetes, cardiac problems, high blood pressure, or ailments of the coronary artery can rupture an individual's sexual life immensely. Improper functioning of the thyroid glands is another factor contributing to low libido. In such cases, it is best to consult a physician at the earliest. Rest Leg Syndrome can also contribute to low libido. It is a condition whereby a male experiences uncontrollable urge to move his legs.
- Smoking: A killer habit affecting a person's sexual activity is smoking. Drug abuse and drinking (to some extent) can be equally responsible for a low libido.
- Weight gain: A sudden change in body weight (gain or loss) can play a significant role in low libido. Take pride in your body structure. There is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Monotony: Boredom can mask your sexual life greatly. Break the monotony, take short breaks, go on vacations and low libido will be a thing of the past. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.
June is known as the Brain Tumour Month worldwide. It’s worthwhile to raise public awareness and educate people about brain tumour, a disease which, though is rare is but can be really deadly. More than 500 new cases are diagnosed with brain tumour every day worldwide. The number of patients with secondary tumours are even higher than 500. However, it is common across all ages. A primary brain tumour is a tumour that begins in the brain. It can be either malignant, which means it contains cancer cells or benign i.e. does not contain cancer cells. A secondary or metastatic brain tumour is usually cancerous. It starts elsewhere in the body and sends cancerous cells which grow in the brain.
Here are a few facts that each one of us should know about this dangerous disease
- Brain tumours can occur at any age.
- We don’t know what causes brain tumors. Family history and high dose radiation like X-rays increases your risk.
- Doctors group brain tumors by grade which means the way the brain cells look under a microscope. A higher grade number means the cells appear more abnormal and the more aggressively the tumour usually behaves.
- Brain tumors are graded as grade I, grade II, or grade III, or grade IV.
The symptoms of brain tumour depend on the size, type, and location of the brain tumour. Some common symptoms which should not be ignored are-
- Problems with vision
- Mental and personality changes
- Balance problems and trouble walking
- Problems in speaking
Brain tumours are diagnosed by the doctor based on the medical history and physical examination along with a slew of specialized tests of the brain and nervous system.
- Radiation therapy
- Anti-seizure medicines
- Ventricular peritoneal shunt
- Combination of treatments
How can you safeguard yourself?
The primary tool to prevent brain tumours is by controlling your lifestyle. This means eating healthy, exercising, avoiding known carcinogens in your environment, and reducing stress.
- Sleep: Sleep is a friend for brain health. An adequate amount of rest with eyes shut keeps your brain health.
- Frankincense oil: Along with yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises to reduce stress, inhaling frankincense oil can help alleviate inflammation in the brain.
- Anti cancer diet: Consuming a diet rich in cancer-fighting nutrients like antioxidants is critical in preventing brain tumors.
- Ketogenic diet: A ketogenic diet is a high protein diet. It reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain which is associated with brain tumours. It also shuts down the nutrient supply to tumors.
- Calorie restriction: Dietary restriction, especially fasting has anti-carcinogenic properties just as the ketogenic diet.
- Limit exposure to mobile phones: Cell phones use increases risk for brain tumours. So restriction prevents these tumours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
Now I am pregnant and my pregnancy is 15 weeks. I am taking thyronorm 37.5 everyday for last 2 months. Now it is found that tsh is 2.56 and ft4 is 12. My query is should I continue with same dose ?
I'M suffering frm scoliosis n I get operated in 2014 is it ok for me nw to indulge in normal daily routine?
The goodness of water is known to all and sundry. Another fluid to watch out for is the coconut water. Coconut water will leave you with a mouth open awe with its health benefits. From small kids to pregnant women to elderly people, everyone can drink coconut water (unless asked to avoid on doctor recommendation) without any tension. The sweet, nut-like taste of coconut water is indeed very refreshing and soothing, a great respite in the scorching summers.
Positive effects of coconut water on the health
- A low-calorie drink: Coconut water is an ideal and healthy substitute for processed fruit juice, aerated drinks, and beverages. Some of the amazing health benefits of coconut water include;
- Improves Digestion: Coconut water is an excellent source of phosphatase, diastase, folic acid, and other enzymes that aids in the digestion of food.
- A person with dehydration (an outcome of dysentery, diarrhea or cholera) can benefit immensely from coconut water. The coconut water works by restoring the lost electrolyte and plasma balance in the body.
- Keeps skin aging at bay: Cytokines and lauric acid are known to have anti-aging properties. They maintain the pH balance of the skin. Coconut water is a rich source of lauric acid and cytokines. As expected, coconut water helps to restore the natural glow of the skin. Coconut water greatly nourishes and protects the skin from rashes and skin infections.
- Drink coconut water, forget depression forever: Riboflavin, pathogenic acid, and thiamine are the triple healing vitamins that help to lower depression and stress in a person. With these important vitamins present, coconut water will lift your mood and spirits effortlessly.
- Weight management: Being a low- calorie drink, coconut water is a healthy option for people who are on a diet and want to lose few extra kilos.
- Healthy bones the natural way: An excellent source of calcium, coconut water will keep your bones strong and healthy.
- Kidney stones a thing of the past: A natural way to deal with the problem of kidney stones is indeed a great news. Potassium is present in abundance in coconut water. Thus, it not only helps in dissolving the kidney stones, but also ensures that there is no recurrence of the condition (kidney stones).
- A healthy blood pressure: Coconut water comes as a much-needed blessing for people with high blood pressure. The minerals (Potassium and Magnesium) along with Vitamin C ensure that the blood pressure is within healthy limits.
The magnesium present in coconut water comes as a savior for people with migraines.
- A rich source of potassium implies coconut water helps to lower the instances of muscle cramps.
- Having long, healthy, and lustrous hair is no longer a dream, all thanks to the coconut water. It hydrates the scalp, thus providing the necessary nourishment to the hair.
- Being low in sugar and calories, coconut water is an excellent remedy for diabetic patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
My wife have a infection so we have problem in sex, she has lost off pain when we sex, and Also white blooding problem pls answer.
Hi! I am 27years old recently married female. I am suffering from PCOS. Till the time I was taking medicine I was having mensuration. I didn't had it from last two and half months. I am worried. Is there any other remedy apart from contraceptives? What should I do to regularize my menses without medicine.
Most dieticians are of the opinion that limiting your salt intake is essential, as an increased amount of salt in the system can damage your kidneys, heart and may increase your blood pressure, and chances of stroke. On the other hand, decreasing it beyond a point can prove to be detrimental to your health in various ways as well.
However, when relating to blood pressure, an increased salt intake can prove harmful to you only if you already have high blood pressure. In the case of normal levels of blood pressure, excess salt consumption will not prove to be too dangerous. Here are the ways in which low salt intake can prove to be detrimental for your health:
- Increases chances of heart diseases: Having a lower amount of salt in your diet - i.e. less than 2000 mg per day increases the risk of heart-related disorders, which include, but may not be limited to, strokes or heart attacks, exponentially.
- Decreases the body's level of sodium: Decreased levels of sodium in the body, often a direct byproduct of a reduced salt intake, can lead to a number of complications. Sodium is essential for maintaining electrolyte and mineral balance in the body. A decrease in sodium levels in the system, in extreme cases, can lead to hyponatremia, which can prove detrimental for the kidneys or liver.
Salt, which mainly contains two radicals - sodium and chloride ions, are essential for life. However, they can be obtained only through food as it is not manufactured intrinsically. There are several essential reasons for why salt intake in the optimal amounts is absolutely crucial in maintaining healthy body functioning:
- It is an essential component of blood plasma, as well as several other crucial body fluids such as extracellular fluid, lymphatic fluid, and amniotic fluid.
- It is important for maintenance and regulation of a proper level of blood pressure.
- Sodium, in the context of body physiology, is critical in maintaining a proper acid-base level in your system and in controlling the levels of your body fluid.
- The exchange of sodium and potassium ions, both obtained from salts, is also essential for muscle movement and in sending signals from the brain to the muscles.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet?
Hello Doctor. I am married and have a 1.5 year old kid. I have got an unexpected pregnancy for which I am not prepared. I am out of station and will not b able to attend a doctor at least for 15 days. Can you pls suggest me a pill for abortion as I do not want to delay.
Hi, recently got married two months ago. And trying to conceive and having unprotected sex for last two months and not pregnant yet. Pls let me know how to conceive fast.
Many types of contraceptives, but especially oral contraceptives, can cause an increase in your blood pressure. Choose them wisely.