Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sreekanth KharadeYour feedback matters!
How to get rid of acidity no matter what I eat? I am tried a large number of antacids, but I am not getting any result.
I am 22 year old female I dosent eat spicy food much but most of the time my stomach burns. And I also do not feel hungry.
The bladder is a hollow storage organ that collects urine from the kidneys and stores it until it can be passed out of the body through the urethra during the process of micturition or urination. It has a thin inner lining of cells called urothelial cells and a thick muscular wall, which exerts pressure to push the urine out of the body.
Causes of Bladder Tumors
In most cases, the bladder tumor develops on the inner layer due to a combination of some of the following factors.
1. Hereditary: A strong family history of cancer predisposes a person to cancer.
2. Gender: Men are 3 times more prone for bladder cancer than women.
3. Ethnicity: White people are more prone for bladder cancer black people.
4. Smoking: Smokers develop bladder cancer 2-6 times more frequently than non-smokers. cigarettes contain toxic, carcinogenic substances which reach the kidney and are stored in the bladder, leading to their damage.
5. Occupational hazards: Some workplaces have a higher likelihood of causing bladder cancers, especially dye and rubber industries. The effects can be damaging, and the person may develop cancers years after the exposure has happened.
6. Recurrent bladder infections: In some people, this can also lead to bladder cancer in the long run.
Types of Bladder Tumor
Depending on the extent of the cancerous spread, it can be of two types:
1. Non-muscle-invasive bladder tumors: The tumor spread is limited to the inner part of the bladder (urothelial cells)
2. Muscle-invasive bladder tumor: The tumor has spread to the thick muscular outer layer. This is more advanced and prognosis is poor compared to the noninvasive type.
The most common and diagnostic symptom of bladder cancer is the presence of blood in the urine, known as hematuria. This will be intermittent and happens whenever the tumor bleeding happens. Other symptoms include pain in the lower abdomen and frequent urination.
From the most noninvasive to the most invasive diagnostic test, these include:
1. Urine microscopy to detect cancer cells in the urine
2. Cystoscopy A tube inserted into the urethra to look into the inner wall of the bladder is highly diagnostic
3. Ultrasound, CT Scan, and biopsy can also be further used to identify severity of the tumor.
Once the tumor is diagnosed, treatment would depend on the severity of the tumor. For both invasive and noninvasive tumors, definitive therapy is surgery, known as transurethral resection of the bladder tumor (TURBT). The cancerous bladder tissue is removed through a cystoscope as done for diagnosis. The bladder is then flushed with chemotherapy agent to kill any residual cancer cells in the bladder. This is then followed by BCG vaccine, which is again done 1 to 4 weeks for several months to avoid recurrence. In some cases, radiotherapy may also be included.
I have stone in gallbladder so, I am taking Ayurvedic medicine. And I am taking Homeopathic Medicines for other disease. I can take both medicines in same time. It will work on both disease.
I had jaundice 2 year back but till now I feel that my lever is not recovered. I have problem with digestion. In earlier ultrasound reports results are good. What should I do?
Whenever I eat I feel so much gas in my stomach and I feel very terrible I can't concentrate on anything. Even drinking water also cause me gas issue.
Carbo veg is suited for nearly every kind of symptoms that are associated with gas- belching, flatulence, pains, bloating. It is indicated in excessive gas formation and when everything eaten seems to get converted into gas. Carbo veg is also indicated in complaints of obstructive flatulency (pains around heart, abdomen or any where) that are relived by passing gas.
Lycopodium is indicated in cases where the involvement of lower abdomen is more pronounced also when gas is produced in the evening hours. Lycopodium patients usually complain of a constant sense of fermentation in the abdomen. China is more indicated in cases where whole abdomen bloats like a drum. Nux vomica suits those who are more affected by gas problem because of excessive consumption of alcohol and or rich food.
Hints for controlling excessive gas
Following simple diet and lifestyle changes can help to reduce gastrointestinal gas and relieve symptoms
Be careful while eating
Eat more slowly, chew your food thoroughly and relax while you eat. Make sure that you don? t swallow air while you eat. Do not deliberately swallow air to force a belch
Eat what suits you
Foods that may cause gas include beans; vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage; fruits, such as apples, and peaches; whole grains; soft drinks and fruit drinks: milk and milk products,
Exercise regularly and walk for 10 to 15 minutes after eating. Message your complaints in details for treatment.
I'm 20 years old, pain in legs from last 2 days, feeling weakness, mucus, li'l headache, low hunger. Pls tell me what these symptoms says!
I am really underweight for my age. I do eat a lot and maintained a diet to gain weight but to no avail. I constantly find myself going to the washroom after a heavy diet. I consulted a doctor and he said maybe I have a high metabolism rate. But is there anything I can do to gain substantial weight? You know proper digestion may help along with better consumption of food. Please advise me accordingly.
I have lower abdomen muscle strain stress and pain for five years due to wrong exercise in gym. I had ultrasound mri scan but nothing found. Please give me advice.
I am 54 years old, I have permanent intense headache in a half part for 2 3 days in the interval of a week. It means 2 3 days in a week and when I tak bikasule tab it gone away. One more thing if I press at any point in my body gas passed in the form of burrp, any point. What should I do I don't have any medical history. Please suggest.
I have excess acidity since 5 years, any medicine does not affect this acidity, I have taken many typs of medicines but it does not work. Is it problem of liver ? Is it very harmful. Should I go for lft test?
Hi, I have regular gas problem in evening and morning from 3 months. I am taking dalia and khichdi in morning time and lunch only 2 chapati and dinner 3 chapati or Rice. Please help me. My stomach looks very fat.
Sir, I have throat infection, Gastric, already taken endoscopic but there is no evidence but now throat giving some irritation, some time little bit paining.
Hamare pet me gas. Acidity to problem and activity to problems are the orothocit problem in the nas problem.
Hello doctor, I have problems in Stomach bug, pus, mucus Cramps and bloating, flatulence and fatigue. For 3 days. Please advise.
I have a stomach problems like acidity, low blood pressure, headache too. What should I do to come out with this problem?
Acidity gives you tremendous discomfort. The stomach condition wherein acid levels of the gastric juices are much more than normal is known as hyperacidity. It causes uneasiness alongside symptoms like loss of appetite, heartburn, unexpected stomach pain, etc. According to Ayurveda, the main cause of this condition is the worsening of the Pitta Dosha (the fire element) in your body.
The reasons that worsen this dosha are:
- Having foods that don't match your constitution or which aren't supposed to be had like milk and salt or milk and fish
- Extremely spicy and sour beverages and foods
- White flour products
- Products made from white sugar
- Excessive intake of coffee and tea
- Having food even though you may be suffering from indigestion
- Controlling the urge to urinate or pass stool
- Prolonged exposure to heat and the sun
What happens to your digestive power?
The exacerbated Pitta worsens your digestive fire, causing your food to be not properly digested as well as influence the production of ama (toxins). When ama builds up in your various digestive channels, it brings about the problem of hyperacidity. The treatment focuses on calming down the irritated Pitta Dosha. For this, certain herbs are used to get rid of the toxins that block these channels. This automatically improves your digestive fire, bringing about better digestion.
What changes you're required to make?
To keep this problem at bay, there are certain lifestyle changes that you may have to make such as
- To curb the consumption of acidic foods like garlic, onions, ginger, vinegar, and tomatoes
- Avoid having curd/yogurt at night
- Practice yoga and Pranayam like Bhujangasana, Vajrasana, Shitkari Pranayam and so on
- Avoid fermented as well as processed foods
- Avoid coffee, tea, alcoholic or carbonated beverages