Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SonuYour feedback matters!
My tongue is facing a problem now. The white skin on top of the tongue is disappearing. Some times I can't even realize tastes. please tell me what is the possible reason for this.
Hello sir, I am 45 years old male and I have got mouth ulcer from last 40 days. Itrurd vit 12 and b complex tab but no relief. What could be the solutions.
I am afraid of a sound which I hear everyday when I take my breakfast and a sound like" tak" comes somewhere from my jaw. I don't have any teeth problem. Please suggest me.
Hello Doctor, I got my dental surgery done yesterday where my wisdom tooth was removed after surgery. How long would it take for these stitches to dry. I also have issues with jaw movement as it starts giving pain. What would recommend me to do during this period. What can I eat during this period. Thank you.
No one likes going to a dentist. People fear a toothache, let alone the treatment. Because of this, a lot of people end up in the dentist's chair only when the pain is unbearable and it is too late to save the tooth. Just like we have a routine health check up for the rest of our body, our teeth too need to be looked at by a dentist at regular intervals to spot that cavity right when it starts. A regular visit can also allow a quick clean up to keep your teeth shining white.
Here's what to expect during a routine dental check up:
- They'll check your history: Before you actually get to the dentist's chair, your dentist will want to know your entire health background. This is done either by you filling out a detailed form that the receptionist gives you or a junior dentist filling a medical record sheet after asking you questions. You'll specially be asked questions about any pain or symptoms you might be experiencing in your teeth and other things like medications, diabetes, arthritis, pregnancy etc. Each of these problems can have a direct impact on your dental treatment, hence revealing them to your practitioner in advance is very important. Also, be sure to discuss any concerns or anxiety you are experiencing. Most dentists know how to put their patient at ease. All it'll take is a quick chat to put you at ease.
- You'll get a cleaning: Just like the car gets a good wash before the mechanic can have a look, your teeth will get a good scrub before your dentist can address any problem areas. Cleaning involves scraping off built up plaque and tartar that collects above and below the gum line before flossing between and around every tooth to remove any plaque or food particles that are clinging on. You may also get a final shiny finish for your pearly whites at the end of the cleaning session.
- Your teeth will be examined: Your dentist will now use a metal probe with a small angled mirror to see behind and between teeth and gums, as well as check for the softening of tooth enamel and dentin. If you have a cavity or anything deeper, this is when it will surface. Once the doctor identifies a problem, they suggest the next course of action.
- You may get an X-ray: If the doctor finds a problem that needs fixing, he may ask you to take an X-ray to find out how deep the decay is. You'll be asked to bite down on a piece of plastic while the X-ray machine is placed against your cheek. Where possible, you can check if your doctor can do a digital X-ray which emits 90% less radiation.
- Results and advice: Based on your X-ray results and overall medical condition, the doctor may recommend various procedures to remove your existing decay and prevent new ones.
My teeth is getting broken into little pieces while eating some food is that o don't have calcium or is that any other problem.
1. After 1st sitting is completed, temporary filling is given so be gentle in chewing from that side whithin that tooth as it is quite brittle.
2. You may eat when numbness worn off.(1.5-2 hrs)
3. After 1st sitting, you might face problem of ulceration, than you would be prescribed with reliving gel, apply it with cotton applicator tip.(you can use ear bud)
4. If your tooth was in pain prior to treatment, it may take few days for tooth to heal pain to be relived.
5. If your tooth was not in pain prior to treatment, your tooth may be quite sore for a few days after appointment, this soreness/pain will relieved with time, it may take as much as seven-ten days.
6. Take medicine on time complete the course, if you stop taking it your tooth may become infected.