Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SonawaneYour feedback matters!
I ate a I pill after unprotected sex now its been 6 days I have not had bleeding what should I do. Do I do a urine pregnancy test.
Dandruff is a chronic disorder, which significantly affects the scalp region and is characterized by the appearance of minute white flakes on the scalp. Although dandruff does not cause serious problems, recurrent appearances of dandruff can be embarrassing for the concerned person.
If you spot numerous white flakes repeatedly on the shoulders or on the shoulder region of your shirt and experience severe itching around the scalp, particularly during weather changes, it is likely that you are suffering from dandruff.
Dandruff might develop due to a lack of proper hair care, side-effects of certain shampoos or hair care products, seborrheic dermatitis (characterized by scaly red coloured patches on one’s scalp), dry or oily skin, eczema, excessive stress, hormonal changes, side effects of serious diseases such as HIV or Parkinson’s disease (a disease of the nervous system that impairs human body mobility) and also cold weather conditions.
Prevention and treatment
You can control dandruff by applying any of the following treatments:
- Therapy involving peeling and subsequent strengthening of the scalp might help in the complete elimination of dandruff. The therapy is developed with the help of highly operative anti-fungal ingredients which sanitize the scalp and regulate the growth of the fungi ‘Malassezia’ to a normal level. This helps in the elimination of the intense itchy sensations and the minute white flakes around the region of the scalp. The therapy also aims to provide adequate nourishment to the hair. This therapy helps in the flattening of the dandruff affected hair strands along with the subsequent reinforcement and protection of the hair follicles. If the dandruff is caused due to an oily scalp, this therapy might be useful in the regulation of the unnecessary and excess oil level.
- In order to treat dandruff, a therapy aimed at the purification and balancing of the scalp might be helpful. This treatment incorporates a mixture of natural oils which help in the subsequent nourishment of the scalp; the therapy helps your hair to regain its lost vigor.
Along with the aforementioned therapies, you can also use certain products which might help as well:
1. Anti-dandruff lotions contain a healthy amount of effective ingredients which aim at the removal of the itchy sensation on the scalp along with the subsequent elimination of dandruff.
2. You can also use anti-dandruff shampoos on a regular basis which help to remove dandruff and strengthen the scalp. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 31 years old. My periods time both hip side is paining a lot. That time I can not stand in long time. What is the reason.
I am 23. I have my last periods from 11aug 2016 to 16aug 2016. I follow a regular cycle of 28 days. I lost my virginity on 17aug 2016 to my boyfriend but he used a condom. It's 16 sep today I dint get periods yet. I don't experience any signs of pregnancy only a little backpain which is normal during periods. Also I find my vagina dry and sometime little bit of white discharge from last 2-3 days. Can it be pregnancy?
Since two months I am finding little change in my periods. Bleeding occur less than before and having smell. Previously I never felt such bad smell. In non periods days White discharge also have smell that I never felt before. What can be its causes nd what should I do? Kindly reply as soon as possible to help me.
I am 24 yrs old. This month i'm having unusual periods which have been going on for two weeks. In the first week I had very slight bleeding but in the second week it was heavy and was more prominent in the morning and late evening. I do have irregular periods and my monthly cycle varies. Is this hormonal change and normal?
Hi, I gave birth to twins two years back and still have tummy/stomach pooch and I still look three months pregnant. I have done self diagnosis and found I have diastasis recti. What treatment or exercises should I do? Should I meet some specialist? If yes who would be right person, my gynecologist or a physiotherapist?
Is licking vagina of partner and putting tongue deep inside the vagina harmful for health? if it is harmful than what all precautions are required to have oral sex on female. Please advice.
Asthma is a painful pulmonary disease that is usually caused due to inflammation of the air passages. The tubes that help us breathe in and out can get contaminated with pollutants and allergens like dust, smoke, pet hair, pollen and nettle, amongst various other substances. This can lead to coughing, shortness of breath, chest pain due to breathing difficulties and wheezing as the lungs try to get more oxygen which cannot pass through the swollen airways. This is usually characterised as asthma. In recent times, there has been a worrying increase in child asthma. Read on to find ways in which this can be treated.
Symptoms: Treating breathing difficulties is the first and foremost way of treating asthma in children. This is especially important because of the oxygen requirement for normal and proper development of the brain and rest of the body.
Long Term Medication: Inhaled Corticosteroids which act to combat inflammation and reduce the same, can be used by children. Also, leukotriene modifiers can be used along with these inhalers. But one must be careful of psychological reactions like aggression during the use of this medicine. Combination inhalers can also help in tackling agonists that can trigger severe and potentially fatal asthmatic attacks. Theophylline is another drug that can be taken on a daily basis to keep the bronchial tubes or air passages open.
Quick Relief Medication: Albuterol, pirbuterol, and levalbuterol are some of the medicines that can be used in the short term for quick and instant relief. Yet, there is no guarantee that the symptoms will not return and there is still a need for a child to undergo focussed and long term medication to alleviate the risk of severe attacks.
Immunotherapy: Asthmatic attacks that are caused due to the allergens like pollen, dust, smoke, nettle, pet hair, and other similar substances, will need a series of injections that contain a small measure of the allergens so that the immune system is strengthened. This will ensure that the child's allergic reactions and subsequent asthma attacks will gradually decrease.
Devices: Medication delivery devices like inhalers that will give you a measured dose, dry powder inhalers as well as nebulizers, will take the medication straight to the lungs for asthma relief and control.
Long terms diseases like asthma can greatly affect the growth and immunity of a child, which is why it is important to prevent and treat such attacks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My sister is 24 years old, height is 5 feet 1 inches she have a weight 58 kg. She have no sugar or thyroid problems. How can she lose some kilos? please reply.
Am 5 month pregnant .last 2 days I travelled buy car and the roads are in worse condition. Now I have pain in my lower abdomen. I feel like baby is gone bit down. Is it normal or my baby is safe. Am really worried. I went to doc she told me for bed rest. Raised the bed and lay down for whole day. Am far away from my home. She suggested me not to travel. Can you please tell me the exact position of laying on raised bed upside down.
I am 23 year old i got married on 6 dec 2014 before marriage i have irregular period and after marrige i dont get period for 2 month and now on 20march i get my period and now i want to concive can is this create problem for me for conceive?
Bones are similar to a porous framework which is filled with minerals that make it hard and strong. With age, there is gradual degradation and the mineralized portion is lost, thereby leading to thinning of the bone. The word osteoporosis literally translates to porous bones, which is due to the gradual demineralisation. In addition to the natural ageing process, there are other diseases that can accelerate the demineralization process.
Women are more prone to demineralisation, and after the age of 40, they should take extra precaution to slow down the onset of the condition. The following are some ways to improve bone health and halt osteoporosis in the long run-
Diet: Ensure that your diet has sufficient amounts of vitamin D and calcium. Though calcium is the essential mineral for bone formation, vitamin D is required for the absorption of calcium, and therefore both these elements play a vital role in maintaining the quality of the bones in our body. Most people require about 1,000 mg of calcium and about 500 units of vitamin D for optimal bone health. This requirement goes up slightly in postmenopausal women.
Sun Exposure: In most people, exposure to the sun allows the body to make vitamin D, but careful sun protection prevents this from happening. Also, with age, the body’s ability to form intrinsic vitamin D also declines. The body, therefore, relies on supplements. Most dairy products are good sources of calcium. In addition, spinach, salmon, turnips, and broccoli are some calcium-rich foods. Supplements of calcium carbonate or calcium citrate can be taken if your diet is lacking in calcium. Vitamin D also should be included in the supplementation. The treatment for osteoporosis is incomplete without these two supplements.
Exercise With Weights: The constructive tension that exercise puts on the body helps in bone building, whatever the age may be, which prevents the onset of osteoporosis. Any exercise which improves muscle mass strengthens the bones, and puts stress on the bones is advisable. Since the fractured area due to osteoporosis mainly includes the spine, lower back exercises, yoga, tai chi, and abdominal exercises all work wonders. Pick any of these and do them for 30 minutes three times a week.
Quit Smoking: Continuing to smoke while taking osteoporosis medications is completely useless. Nicotine negates all the effects which defeat the purpose of taking the medication and is as good as taking no medication at all. So if you want the bone thinning to stop, stop smoking.
Alcohol Consumption: While a drink or two per week is permissible, more than this can harm the bones significantly.
Constant Health Watch: Talk to a doctor about how other routine medications (if any) can affect your bone health. Also, identify how frequently you should check your bone mineral density and stick to the schedule.
Bone health and osteoporosis can be managed with some conscious efforts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedics.
I had a miscarriage carriage last year, by God's grace I am pregnant again with 15 weeks Doctor has given few medicines. ALL9 NVP, GESTOFIT SR 200, since, HAEMADAY, BIOCITAL SG, FO29 D, SYMPRO PROTEIN POWDER. I want to know if taking these huge amount of medicine is OK? Is it necessary to take all these medicines. Is their any side effect of these medicines.
गठिया रोग को आमवात, संधिवात आदि नामों से भी जाना जाता है। इस रोग में सबसे पहले शरीर में निर्बलता और भारीपन के लक्षण दिखाई देते हैं। इस रोग के होने पर हाथ के बीच की उंगलियों में दर्द होता है। अगर इसका इलाज नही किया जाता तो हाथ की दूसरी उंगलियों में भी सूजन व दर्द होने लगता है। गठिया रोग होने पर शरीर की हडि्डयों में दर्द होता है, जिसके कारण रात को रोगी सो भी नहीं पाता है।
तेज मसालों से बना भोजन (फास्ट फूड), गर्म भोजन, ठंडी चीजों का अधिक सेवन करने से पेट में गैस पैदा होती है जिसके कारण यह रोग उत्पन्न होता है। जब भोजन आमाशय में जाकर अधपचा रह जाता है तो भोजन का अपरिपक्व रस जिसे `आम´ कहते हैं वो त्रिक (रीढ की हड्डी का निचला हिस्सा) की हडि्डयों में जाकर वायु के साथ दर्द उत्पन्न करता है। इसी रोग को गठिया का रोग कहते हैं। चिकित्सकों के अनुसार- यह रोग भोजन के ठीक से पचने से पहले पुन: भोजन कर लेने से, प्रकृति-विरूद्ध पदार्थों को खाने से, अधिक शीतल और वसायुक्त खाद्य-पदार्थों का सेवन करने से उत्पन्न होता है।
गठिया का रोग दांत गन्दे रहना, भय, अशान्ति, शोक, चिन्ता, अनिच्छा का काम, पानी में भीगना, ठंड लगना, आतशक, सूजाक, अधिक स्त्री सहवास (संभोग), ठंडी रूखी चीजें खाना, रात को अधिक जागना, मल-मूत्र के वेग को रोकना, चोट लगना, अधिक खून बहना, अधिक श्रम, मोटापा आदि कारणों से होता है। यह रोग खून की कमी, शारीरिक कमजोरी तथा बुढ़ापे में हड्डियों की चिकनाई कम होने के कारण भी उत्पन्न होता है। इस रोग में दर्द या तो बाएं या दाएं घुटने में अथवा दोनों घुटनों में होता है। रोगी को बैठने के बाद खड़े होने में तकलीफ होती है और रात के समय रोग बढ़ जाता है। सर्दी तथा वर्षा के मौसम में यह रोग दर्द के साथ रोगी को व्याकुल कर देता है एवं चलने-फिरने, उठने-बैठने में तकलीफ पैदा करता है। रोगी के घुटने कड़े हो जाते हैं और उनमें कभी-कभी सूजन भी हो जाती है।
भोजन का अच्छा न लगना, अधिक आलस आना, बुखार से शरीर के विभिन्न अंगों में सूजन, कमर और घुटनों में तेज दर्द जिसके कारण रोगी रात को सो नही पाता है आदि गठिया रोग में होने वाले लक्षण है। इसके अलावा इस रोग में रोगी के हाथ-पांव की अंगुलियों में सूजन होती है जिससे अंगुलियां सीधी नही होती है, शरीर के दूसरे भागों में सूजन व दर्द रहता है। इस रोग के होने पर जोड़ो व मांसपेशियों में दर्द रहता है।
भोजन तथा परहेज :
एक वर्ष पुराने चावल, जंगली पशु-पक्षियों के मांस का सूप, एरण्डी का तेल, पुरानी शराब, लहसुन, करेला, परवल, बैंगन, सहजना, लस्सी, गोमूत्र, गर्म पानी, अदरक, कड़वे एवं भूख बढ़ाने वाले पदार्थ, साबूदाना, तथा बिना चुपड़ी रोटी का सेवन करना गठिया रोग में लाभकारी है। इस रोग में फलों का सेवन और सुबह नंगे पैर घास पर टहलना रोगी के लिए लाभकारी होता है। गठिया रोग में रात को सोते समय एक गिलास दूध में जरा-सी हल्दी डालकर पीने से लाभ मिलता है।
उड़द की पिट्ठी की कचौडी तथा बड़ी मछली, दूध, दही, पानी, गर्म (मसालेदार) भोजन, रात को अधिक देर तक जागना, मल-मूत्र के वेग को रोकना आदि गठिया रोग में हानिकारक है। मूली, केला, अमरूद, कटहल, चावल, लस्सी एवं गुड़ आदि का प्रयोग भी इस रोग में हानिकारक है। इस रोग में रोगी को भूख से एक रोटी कम खानी चाहिए और ठंडी वस्तुओं का सेवन कम करने चाहिए। रोगी को शरीर को अधिक थकाने वाले कार्य नहीं करने चाहिए तथा खाने के बाद बैठकर पढ़ने-लिखने का कार्य भी अधिक नहीं करना चाहिए।
6 Tricks to activate metabolism in the morning
Boosting your body's metabolism is largely related to burning calories and reducing weight. Try these effective methods esp. if you are overweight, if you are already lean, never over-do anything, be it exercise, eating or drinking.
6 ways that can help you improve your metabolism.
- Workout: Working out can be the easiest and best way of boosting your metabolism. Do walking, running and cycling. Sweating will tell you how much you have worked out and if you continue it for few months, the results will be favorable.
- Eat fresh fruits and salads: Don't starve yourself by not eating food properly. Avoid fatty and fried food but have as much fresh fruits and salad as you can. This will not make you put on weight. Keep taking fruits and salads at short intervals because these have an ability to get digested early as compared to fatty food.
- Take plenty of water: For increasing your metabolism, kick start your day with at least 3-4 glasses of water. It will help all your other efforts of reducing weight in sync. It will keep your body hydrated.
- Drink lemon in warm water and green tea: Waking up early can actually boost your metabolism; you can see the results after following this habit. Along with this, metabolism will get a boost if you get up half or one hour early. Leave the habit of taking normal tea, instead start taking green tea, it will not only be healthy but since it's an antioxidant, it will take care of your immune system as well.
- Lift weights: Lifting weights can give you instant results. Within a month of lifting weight you will experience boost in your metabolism. But this must be done under trainer's guidance.
- Eat boiled eggs and never skip breakfast: Having boiled eggs in the morning will fulfill your protein intake. Also, it will keep your stomach full for a longer time. On a way to boosting your metabolism, it's recommended not to skip breakfast at any cost.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'
Mai 20 year ki hu. Mera period ka date 28/8/17. Ko tha. Jo nhi Aya .Muje lgta hai maine boyfriend ke sth sex Kiya tha is Karn period miss ho gya hai. Mam muje please aise tblte btye jisse 1 din me period AA jye pls help me.
Stem cells are the basic building blocks of our body. They are found in the blood, tissues, organs and immune system. These powerful stem cells are found in umbilical cord blood. They have a remarkable ability to regenerate themselves and differentiate into specialized cells, thus they can replace diseased cells and can be used for the treatment of life threatening diseases.
What is umbilical cord and why is it so awesome?
Throughout the pregnancy, the umbilical cord functions as a lifeline between mother and baby. It carries rich nutrients, oxygenated blood from placenta to the developing baby through the umbilical vein. The baby in turn pumps nutrient-depleted, deoxygenated blood back to the placenta through umbilical arteries. Yes it’s reverse! Umbilical cord is a rich source of cord blood and cord tissue stem cells. Stem cells have a unique ability to differentiate into functional cells which can help treat more than 80 diseases in the baby after birth. According to the WHO report, minimum 2000 Cord Blood Stem Cell Transplants are performed annually to cure diseases such as leukemia, sickle cell anemia, thalassaemia, cerebral palsy, myeloma, lymphoma and more. More than 35000 cord blood stem cell transplants have already been performed worldwide and 53% of cord blood transplants have been performed in children. (World Cord Blood Congress 2015 Report)
5 unique qualities that make umbilical cord blood banking so convenient and important.
Umbilical cord blood banking is the process of collecting and preserving your baby’s umbilical cord blood stem cells for future medical uses.
1. Collecting umbilical cord stem cells is a quick and easy procedure and painless for the mother and baby.
2. Stem cells from the umbilical cord blood are young and unexposed to the external environment, thus they can be transplanted with higher chances of acceptance in the patient body.
3. The therapeutic potential of umbilical cord stem cells is vast. These stem cells are already being used to treat more than 80 life threatening diseases.
4. Cord blood stem cells are genetically unique and exclusive. If your family has a history of complex diseases, like: Alzheimer's disease, Arthritis, Asthma, Heart disease and stroke, chances of your children inheriting them are higher. These life threatening diseases can be cured with cord blood. All the more reason why you should opt for preservation of cord blood stem cells.
5. Umbilical cord stem cells if preserved are readily available in case of emergency for the baby and family. This ensures that in situations of crisis, you wouldn't have to spend months or years finding a donor.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.