Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Smita Kapil BorawakeYour feedback matters!
I am 80 now, cataract of both the eyes done 8 years back left for reading right for long distance. After cataract reading was very very good without glasses, now it's very difficult to read news paper and book. Advice.
I have lot of pain in may head and may full body and my eyes have a burning My nee is also paining so what can I do?
Doctor I have -5 power on both eyes. This is fixed for the last 8 years. I want to go through laser surgery. Please let me know the estimated cost and risk as well as best hospital to do.?
I won't sleep in nights and more I work on system. I am working night shifts. Please suggest me the best solution to protect my eyes and get the sleep well.
Sir, I'm using specs for past 10 years and want to get rid of them. Vision is constant for more than 2 yrs. Age 32. Spec no -2.5 Left & -2.25 right please advise some treatment and it's approx cost.
I have - 3.5 point on eye which was. -0.5 before 7 year ago how should I reduce my eye point and how should I care my eyes my age is 24.
What are the symptoms of an eye flu? And my eyes are getting very red and I do not know why this is happening?
Hi doctors. My mom is suffering from thyroid since long days. I can't see her like this. Is there any permanent treatment for this? If yes, than how it's possible and where should we go?
I am 20 years old I am getting headtake every day evening and also my eyes will become red unnecessarily I want some tips to reduce this problems it's very hard to face and not good for me so please understand my problem and give simple solution it is easy to follow.
Hi doc. Good evening, since last 4 days I am suffering from Pain behind my eye, Headache, weakness, body feeling cold.
I have facing now a days vision problem from last two months. My left eye get starting week. So please suggest me how I will cure my eye. Which food I have to eat more and how get ma eye on full vision. I do not want use specks. So suggest me some method? And more questions is my. Whenever I try to eat banana I did vomiting. I have some allergy problem with banana. I can not even eat a single bite of banana. Why it is so.
I was hittied the tennis ball after going doctor was said blood was thothed in your eye after two weeks blood was melted and doctor saying eye pressure is 28 in one eye and eye looking blurry what happened to my eye please tell me doctor please and it will recover or not it was fully paining.
Most of us take our eyes for granted. It has been often noticed that an individual splurges on expensive sunglasses for looking smarter. But, when it comes to the health of eyes, he or she is either ignorant or simply reluctant to do anything. This tendency is bad for the health of your precious eyes.
Remember, how you use them to stare at the screens of your gadgets all day long. Take out some time from your busy schedule and take care of your eyes. They are precious and vulnerable too.
Follow the tips below to keep your eyesight intact till your dying day:
- Eat right for a good vision: It is very important to provide the right and sufficient amounts of nutrients to your body for developing or maintaining a good eye sight. Include nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E in your regular diet to boost your eyesight. Food items like green and leafy vegetables, salmon, tuna, and other oily fish, eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources, oranges and other citrus fruits or juices and oysters and pork are excellent for the eye. The intake of a balanced diet keeps you away from diabetes, which causes blindness.
- Give up smoking: Cigarettes or other tobacco products are bad for your eyes. They make your eyes more vulnerable to diseases like cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration.
- Guard your eyes from sunlight: It has been found that long exposure to sunlight leads to damage of the eyeballs. This happens as the UV rays in sunlight have an adverse impact on our eyes. You must put on sunglasses when you are outdoors for a longer period. You must choose sunglasses which give you 90 to 100 percent protection against sunlight. UV rays can cause cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Avoid the screen: It is advisable to not spend long hours sitting in front of the computer screen or TV. Take breaks while working on the computer. Also, remember blinking your eyes while staring at the screen to avoid drying up of the eyes. Blinking increases tear production, keeping the eyes moist and healthy.
- Use safety devices: If you work with hazardous substances, it is advisable that you put on safety devices on your eyes for their protection.
- Hydrate your eyes: In order to have a good vision, you must hydrate your eyes by splashing water on your eyes wide open at specific intervals in a day. When you wash your face after returning from outside, don't forget to wash your eyes as well. As you splash water on the eyes, the dust particles on the surface of the eyelid, gathered from outside, gets washed away. f you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.