Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shushant PatilYour feedback matters!
Anyone in today's time can contract any type of disease, thus it is important that we ensure to take care of ourselves and that of our loved ones. Sex is one of the important elements in achieving a happy relationship between any couple. But, there are instances when a person lacks sex drive and it causes bitterness in the relationship. As far as a male is concerned, sexual arousal also called as erectile dysfunction is one of the major causes that affect the sexual relationship. But, you can remedy this situation by consulting your doctor.
The process of sexual arousal: The process of sexual arousal is a complicated procedure wherein the central nervous system plays a very dominant role. The arousal can happen because of visual simulation, smell and touch. In such a situation, the message is immediately transmitted to the central nervous system. Once the message is received at the central nervous system, certain chemicals get released from the nerve ending in the penis. Now, blood secretes into the erectile body of the penis, which in turn cause sexual arousal also called as erectile.
When one or more of the above processes is blocked or get disrupted it results in Erectile Dysfunction.
This issue can be further discussed as follows:
- In this busy world, many males suffer from the problem of Erectile Dysfunction. At the same time, there are several causes that affect the sexual arousal in the case of males. The causes could be classified as psychological and physiological. Some of the psychological problems are depression, anxiety, stress and problem with the relationship.
- As far as physiological problems are concerned, obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, obesity, sleep disorder, Hemochromatosis (high iron in the blood), Scleroderma (hardening of the skin), vascular diseases are some causes that affect Erectile Dysfunction. In addition to this, imbalance in the hormones either in Thyroid, testosterone or prolactin can also result in Erectile Dysfunction. This imbalance can be caused because of either overactive or underactive thyroid or other related glands.
Effects: Erectile Dysfunction can increase the level of anxiety and stress. It can affect the self-esteem of the individual. Unsatisfactory sex life can also cause bitterness between the couples.
Remedial measures: There are remedies to the problem of Erectile Dysfunction. Once you notice the problem, you should consult your doctor. There are several medicines that can help in reducing stress and anxiety. In fact, there are also several medicines to tackle issues like Hemochromatosis or Scleroderma. In addition to this, the doctor may also suggest a suitable diet and change in your lifestyle. The doctor may suggest exercises, Yoga or meditation that can help you deal with problems like obesity, blood pressure, stress and anxiety. The ideal approach would be to consult your physician at the earliest.
I am 56 year old male and have a normal wedded life with a grown up son. My wife is 50 year old and is good looking and maintained fairly good physique. I am unable to get aroused for intercourse with her though she is quite interested. We have a very good rapport with each other but in the bed it does not work. My arousal appears normal when I watch porn or watch sexy women. This weakness is causing some disturbance in our harmony. We did have few failed attempts. Please advise if this is normal in this age? And ways to improve the erection.
Cough with phelgm not curing for last 2 months. What is the cure for osteoarthritis/rheumatic arthritis?
I'm 21 years old male. My foreskin of penis still attach with my inner part of penis I had sex many time what should I do to break it?
Hi. My age is 25. I had a dog bite on 27th March. I consulted a doctor on 28th and he prescribed to take ARV (Medicine name: RABIPUR) course (0/3/7/28 day). I took the first dose on 28th and my next course is on 31st. After surfing the internet, I am confused whether I should take the 4th dose on 28th day or 14th day from the first dose. Thanks in advance.
Sir I have a hepatitis B problem for last 1 year, my report is forwarding you bilirubin. 0.7, ALP.84, sgpt.21, shot.18, albumin 4.2,total 7.6, urea 30 creatinine 1.0 sodium 144 potassium 4.5, HBigm 0.14od ratio, HBeAG 0.22 ,Hb DNA 45.7, prothrombin time 13. 8 sec pro index 1.07.
Bipolar disorder: Also known as manic-depressive disorder, bipolar disorder is the sudden change in mood, which might take a swing from depression to mania. It is a very severe disorder and can bring about unstable and precarious behavior. The risk of having suicidal tendencies is also quite high. Bipolar disorder is usually treated with medicines alongside therapy.
- Bipolar mania
- Mood swings
The mood swings do not follow any particular pattern.
Schizophrenia Disorder: Schizophrenia is a chronic mental disorder which affects the general behavior and lifestyle of a person. Schizophrenics might face a difficulty in distinguishing between the real and the imaginary.
Contrary to public belief, schizophrenia is neither split personality nor multiple personalities. It is not an after effect of any previous traumatic experience. It might be genetic or a result of chemical imbalance in the brain chemicals.
- Senseless talking
- Feeling apathetic
- Personality change
- Withdrawal from society
- Attention deficit disorder or add
No specific medicine is available for schizophrenia. Usually, rehabilitation is advised to regain confidence and recover skills required for a productive life.
Psychosis: Similar to schizophrenia, psychosis is another mental disorder which is characterized by hallucinations and delusions. Psychosis is extremely dangerous and harmful as it might spur you to cause self-inflicted wounds and pain. It is of utmost importance to consult a doctor immediately after experiencing psychotic symptoms.
- Insomnia or hypersomnia
- Withdrawal from society
- Attention deficit disorder or add
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or ADHD
The only available diagnosis for psychosis is a psychiatric evaluation. Certain medical tests and x-rays may also be executed along with it to detect the underlying cause. Psychosis may be caused due to Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, brain tumors, Alzheimer's disease, epilepsy, etc.
Although there aren't any medical complications in psychosis, it should not be left untreated due to its harmful effects. Medication and therapy are the known cures of psychosis.
Hi I have to ask about sex. For 26th I have completed my married life for 2 years daily I won't fell to sex. So please help me. Before marriage I fell to to have sex daily.
My mom is suffering from GLIOMA .5 times RADIO THERAPY has been done as there was a doubt between lymphoma and glioma after mri reports. She is in a state of unconsciousness from 3 days after 5th RADIO THERAPY. Her serum creatinine is 5.07 right now. Her body is swelled up. Kindly recommend what should be done nest to get her back in consciousness and to lower her creatinine?
As the saying goes, it is all in the mind. This is very true especially when it comes to physical intimacy, where though the body plays a major role, the mind is what drives it completely. In surveys, it has been found that people enjoy sex the most when they are in a happy mood. It is very common to find people not even think about sex when they are upset and depressed.
In both male and female sexual dysfunctions, stress is the most common cause. Stress, for whatever reasons, affects sexual life and relationships in the long run. There are some strong connections between how stress affects sexual performance. Read on to know how the human body reacts to stress, which also explains the strong connection between sex and stress.
- Body image: When a person is stressed, there are effects like overeating, which lead to poor body image. These reduce the tendency to have sex, as the person’s self-image does not remain very positive.
- Hormone changes: Stress also affects the pituitary gland, which is the master gland controlling all other hormones. The thyroid, adrenals, and other male/female hormone producing organs are affected, thereby, affecting the entire cycle of menstruation, ovulation, and fertility.
- Stress hormone: The hormone cortisol (known as the stress hormone) is produced by the body when a person is in stress. When these are constantly produced as in the case with people who are constantly stressed, the production of sex hormones is reduced, thereby reducing libido.
- Blood circulation: Stress causes vasoconstriction or narrowing of blood vessels, which reduces blood flow to the target organs. Reduced blood flow to the sexual organs translates to lesser amount of sex.
- Lifestyle changes: Some of the ways a person tries to manage stress is through excessive smoking, eating, drinking, and drug abuse. All these spell doom for a sex life, and may even cause irreparable damage to relationships. Smoking has been shown to be a major cause of impotence. Drinking leads to dehydration, which affects lubrication and therefore leads to painful sex, which may not be continued. Binge eating not only tires a person, but also leads to obesity, which again is not inviting for sex.
- Unhealthy relationships: When the person around is not nice to be with, it becomes a deterrent. Imagine someone who is stressed constantly, throws tantrums, has temper outbursts, and is generally cribbing and unpleasant. There is no doubt that the partner is not going to be happy with someone like that.
So, while sex is mostly thought of as an act of pleasure, it may not be the case always. There is a vicious cycle between stress and sex, which definitely can be managed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 58 years old. I have diabetes from last 15 years. I am taking both allopathic & ayurvedic medicines. For same, what I should I do?
Hi I am 32 years old and in my seeman sperms quantity is nil, should I operate that eighter it's possible it's increase.
Please advice on improve sperm count. What I need to do? Please describe tablets or any thing help me.
Hello, I am 23 years old girl. I am suffering from piles. Is there any medicine to getting out from this problem? I don't want any kind of operation. Please suggest me what should I do?
Hi. My self Anil age 25. I regard to ask the question that when I speak my voice will hear like child and in the phone will here like transgender. Because of that I teased by my friends and relatives so any treatment is there to hear my voice as an men.
Thyme herb belongs to the mint family. Apart from being a staple culinary ingredient, it is getting fast recognition for its medicinal benefits. Here are 13 of the many distinct benefits of thyme -
1. Fights acne: when thyme is soaked in alcohol for several days, it turns tincture and attains antibacterial properties for fighting acne.
2. Lowers blood pressure: if thyme can be replaced with salt in foods, it will work effectively to lower the heart rate.
3. Stops a cough: thyme oil mixed with ivy leaves is a wonderful natural remedy for a cough, cold and even acute bronchitis.
4. Boosts immunity: thyme comes loaded with nutrients like vitamin a, c, manganese, copper, iron and fiber to help build body's immunity.
5. Controls pests: thyme is added is a primary ingredient to many pesticides for controlling pests, viruses and bacteria. Rub thyme leaves on your arms and legs and they will be safe from mosquito bites.
6. Improves mood: thyme essential oil contains a substance called 'carvacrol'. This substance helps thyme in being used as an aromatic agent that renders many therapeutic uses.
7. Protects from cancer: thyme extracts render protective effect on organs like colon and breast from cancer.
8. Treats yeast infection: thyme essential oil can be applied over yeast infected areas (vagina and mouth) for quick relief.
9. Cures rheumatism: the diuretic properties of thyme oil help in removal of toxins that consequently betters the circulation and cures rheumatism.
10. Strengthens cardiac muscles: thyme has anti-spasmodic properties that make it eligible to be used for regulating the functioning of heart valves. It relieves heart of its stress by smoothening veins and arteries.
11. Eliminates gases: thyme is an effective carminative agent and pushes gases downward towards their elimination.
12. Uplifts low blood pressure: thyme is a boon for those who often have plummeting blood pressure to save them from the sluggish lifestyle.
13. Kills virus: thyme, in its various forms, holds immense antiviral potential and prevents the entry of the virus into the cell. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.