Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shubhangi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShubhangiYour feedback matters!
Chest congestion becomes common with a change of season. And it’s advisable to go for home remedies. Medicines might have side effects too but home remedies not only provide quick relief but are safe too. But you need to make a little effort for that.
Try these home remedies for a quick relief:
1. Gargle: Gargling is an easiest home remedy for chest congestion. It’s done by putting little salt or turmeric in a glass of warm water. It should be done twice or thrice a day.
2. Steam: Taking steam before sleep instantly eases chest congestion. Plain boiling water is good but one can put a pinch of turmeric too as it’s a great healer.
3. Ginger and honey: It’s advisable to boil pieces of ginger in water and then seep them and drink the water by mixing honey in it. Take it 2-3 times in a day for quicker relief.
4. Onion juice: Onion juice also helps in cleaning chest congestion. Mix honey, lemon juice with onion juice in a glass of warm water and drink it 3-4 times a day.
5. Bay leaves: Taking fresh bay leaves provides great relief at the time of chest congestion. Boil bay leaves in water for about 2-3 minutes and take it 2-3 times a day.
6. Black coffee: Taking 2-3 cups of black coffee also helps in cleaning chest congestion because of presence of caffeine in it.
7. Foods to avoid: During chest congestion, one should avoid taking sugar, dairy products and fried food as all these increase mucus production.
8. Garlic and Lime juice: Take a glass of warm water and add lime juice and garlic paste along with a pinch of salt. Gulp it down to get instant relief.
9. Milk with turmeric and black pepper powder: Take a glass of hot milk, add 2 teaspoons of honey, half teaspoon turmeric with a pinch of black pepper powder and drink it for instant relief.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am a 20 years old female. After 3 moths of married last 3 days there are some white cheese like things in my vagina tube. There are heavy pain and irritation during sex and urination. I use genwas lotion and folic acid tablet. What should I do. please reply.
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) refers to the infection that occurs in the female reproductive organs. It happens when sexually transmitted bacteria infect the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes on spreading from the vagina. Generally, the cervix plays the role of preventing the bacteria from entering the vagina and infecting the reproductive organs. But when the cervix becomes exposed to an STD, it loses its power to put a stop to the spread of these microorganisms to the reproductive organs.
What causes this condition?
STDs like gonorrhea and chlamydia have been found to be responsible for about 90% of PID cases.
Some of the other causes include
- Pelvic procedures
The condition is only detected later in life when you face difficulty in getting pregnant or have chronic pelvic pain complaints. If you experience symptoms like vomiting, high fever, pain in the lower abdomen and instances of fainting, you should immediately seek a doctor.
What puts you at risk for PID?
Certain factors may put you at a higher risk for PID and these are:
- Instances of sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia (an STD that can occur from anal, oral or vaginal sex) and gonorrhea (a condition that causes discharge from the vagina or urethra) can make you prone to developing PID.
- Douching on a regular basis can increase your risk of PID as it disrupts the equilibrium of good and bad bacteria in your vagina, and may hide the symptoms of the condition as well.
- Even a previous history of PID can increase your chances of having another episode of PID.
- Compared to older women, teenagers who are sexually active are more prone to developing PID.
- Having multiple sexual partners can also put you at a greater risk for PID and STDs.
Hello, I am 23 year old female and I had unprotected sex with my partner on 21 St Jan. Actually he didn't ejaculate in me and My actual period date is 18th Jan. I took unwanted 72 after 36 hours. It's been 7 days I haven't get my periods and Can you please suggest me what should I do to get my period? Am I pregnant?
Childbirth can be an extremely blissful and enriching experience if the proper do's and don'ts are strictly adhered to. The birth of a child can be comparable to a landmark experience in the life of a woman. Therefore, it is imperative to cater to the needs of one’s well-being in order to keep the body in optimal shape and health.
Some handy pre-childbirth tips should include:
Things might not go exactly the way you’ve planned. You need not panic if all the points in your “ideal childbirth manual” have not been ticked off. Minor things can go wrong here and there. Keeping calm and ardently following your doctor’s advice is the key.
It WILL be painful, but that pain will be worth it after you get to hold your new born for the very first time in your hands. Even if you have to go for an epidural, the resulting experience will change your life for the better, that’s a certainty.
The whole process might take a very long time. Don’t panic. Remember, it will be a test of your endurance and patience.
Your body will experience numerous changes over the 9 months of your pregnancy. Starting from sudden midnight cravings to gaining pounds to experiencing tremendous hormonal imbalances– you might have to bear the brunt of all these. Prepare yourself accordingly. Again, just to reiterate, all of it will be worth every ounce of energy in your body.
The space might feel cluttered because of the poop that may lie scattered. This is because, during labour, the same muscles are responsible for pushing the baby out which are usually involved with your regular bowel movement. Being mentally prepared is the key.
And lastly, live the joyride that pregnancy can be.
An easy to make recipe which taken regularly helps manage blood sugar levels. The antioxidant property of amla helps boost immunity and metabolism.