Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shubham Triveri
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shubham TriveriYour feedback matters!
I get my periods only for two days. My flow stops on the third day completely. And I am just 18 yrs. Is it okay?
I am 30 years old and trying to conceive since 3 months. I have regular menstrual cycle and ovulate each month on time (raw egg white cervical mucus observed. I never ever took any contraceptive pill or other hormonal medicines. How long will it take to conceive normally and how can I improve my fertility? Please let me know.
Hello sir, I am 30 year my wife tube blocked but december 2014 was operated and open one tube but still not convention baby. Please help me.
Cholesterol and the Erect Penis
A healthy body is a wonderful thing for a man to have; few things are as precious as good health. It's also worth noting that a man's overall health can also have an impact specifically on his penis health. Since men take great pride in penis health and the impressive erect penis that benefits from that health, guys should also spend time thinking about how things that affect their overall health may also sneak up and attack that erect penis. And what might be able to do such a thing? Well, one thing could be cholesterol.
Cholesterol is a waxy substance that is naturally made in the liver. There's a "good" kind of cholesterol, usually called HDL, and a "bad" kind, known as LDL. HDL goes around and helps remove LDL, so having high levels of HDL is a good thing; but a high level of LDL is bad.
When there's a lot of LDL, it causes plaque to build up in the arteries. This excess plaque "narrows" the arteries, so that blood has a harder time flowing through them. (This is called atherosclerosis.) Sometimes it can result in heart attack or stroke. This is why it is so vital that men keep their cholesterol levels under control.
As mentioned, cholesterol is made naturally in the liver. But diet affects the ultimate amount of cholesterol in the body and usually is the reason why cholesterol levels get out of hand.
Erect penis issue
The fact that high cholesterol can affect the coronary arteries and lead to serious cardiac issues is the main reason to be concerned about cholesterol. But it can affect other arteries as well - including those that involve the penis and surrounding areas.
When plaque builds up in the penile arteries, it impedes the flow of blood - which is crucial for a properly functioning penis, especially in terms of attaining and maintaining an erection. In addition, cholesterol is thought to impede production of nitric oxide, which is used to help keep blood vessels open. So bad cholesterol not only helps narrow arteries, it also decreases one of the elements which can help open them up - a double whammy for an erect penis!
In addition, some scientists believe that cholesterol affects production of testosterone. This male hormone is a key component in maintaining sex drive, so too much cholesterol may mean too little testosterone which in turn may mean a diminished sex drive.
What to do?
Keeping bad cholesterol at bay is crucial for a guy's health. There are several things a man can do if he wants to lower his cholesterol (after checking with his doctor to get approval).
- Maintain a low fat diet. Eat more vegetables, fruits, beans, whole grains and lean proteins. Avoid saturated fats and junk foods.
- Exercise. Bering physically active and keeping the body in better physical shape will also help keep cholesterol levels lower.
- Take medication. If the doctor recommends it, there are several mediations available which can help keep cholesterol levels in check.
Keeping cholesterol at an appropriate level will decrease the chances of an erect penis issue due to cholesterol. It also helps to maintain overall penis health, which means a man's daily regimen should include application of a first class penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Look for a crème that include vitamin B5. Why? Because B5 is also known as pantothenic acid, and pantothenic acid is thought to help fight against LDL cholesterol. In addition, the crème should include L-arginine. This is an amino acid which plays a role in boosting nitric oxide - and since cholesterol can dampen nitric oxide production (which opens penile blood vessels), this can be a plus.
I had sex on the new year's night and my expected date for my periods was 1or 2. Today is 6th Jan but I still have not got my periods even after 4 days of the expected date. Till today dance 1st jan I am having white discharge. Am I pregnant? Please help. On 21st November I had sex too. I took ipill on 24th November. Again I had sex that day. I got period on 2nd December. But it was very less than usual. It lasted for 3 or 4 days as usual. The last period before this was 1st November. Help please.
I had pcos in oct 2014 rhen treated with hyponid after marriage I got pregnant but cervical polyp 2 cm found spotting and in 8 week pregnancy miscarriage now bleeding stopped but redness with white discharge.
Reduced sex drive can be a result of many psychological and physical causes. This condition may ruin a person’s relationship, more so, if both the partners are experiencing poor sex drive. Eventually this affects confidence and self esteem of either partners. A natural option to treat such a condition is Ayurveda. Herbs being organic, treat the root cause of this ailment. These herbs are known to give relief to poor libido among men and/or women. In addition to including these herbs, knowing reasons that can cause, deficient sex drive may also be of great help.
Physical fatigue and stress are major causes of lack of interest in sex. There may be medical or psychological reasons that can cause this condition. Medical conditions affecting sex drive include, hormonal imbalance, conditions affecting reproductive system in women.. Other physical reasons causing this condition include, trauma, injury, accident related trauma, etc. It is common in women, post delivery.
Although it is good to seek medical help, you may want to make few changes in lifestyle and pin point the reasons of poor libido. With help of ayurvedic herbs, you can treat this condition, by attending to factor causing it. Listed below are five effective options that can alleviate your problem to a great extent.
1) Garlic Lets begin with a simple herb that is commonly found, garlic. Garlic is an ayurvedic herb, and is popular for its properties to cure. Recouping after an infection or injury or child birth is easier, when you include garlic in your diet. Besides being curative, it is known for its improved sexual performance in men and women, as it promotes, general well being of sexual organs.
2) Shatavari popularly known as Asparagus Racemosus, helps in alleviating hormonal imbalance in women, more so, after child birth. It is also good remedy to overcome difficulties while conceiving. It is known to improve blood circulation and generation process, besides, overcoming miscarriage conditions in women. It is also effective in treating, certain conditions in men, such as, inflamed sexual organs, spermatorrhea and impotence.
3) Ashwagandha It is commonly called as Indian Ginseng and useful in treating conditions in men. It can mitigate conditions such as, male infertility, impotence, and premature ejaculation. It is an adaptogenic herb that provides good nourishment to your body, thereby making it competent to handle stress and strain. It therefore rejuvenates your sex drive, other than strengthening your respiratory and reproductive systems. When you are not stressed or fatigued, sexual desires, come back to you. To include ashwagandha in your routine, you should take it with, warm milk or ginger or hot water or honey or meals, to digest it easily.
4) Salab Mishri is a terrestrial plant known for promoting sexual endurance, besides improving your overall health. It is popularly useful in men, with conditions affecting sperm quality. It is known to improve blood circulation to penile region and hence augment sperm quality.
5) Shilajit Ayurveda revers this herb to be a divine, youth rejuvenating nectar. It helps maintain your youthful vigor and sexual desire. It is basically an aphrodisiac, that works to ameliorate male sperm count or low sperm count in man. It is effective when, poor libido is a result of hormonal irregularities. To summarize, this herb, improves hormone functioning, libido and sexual performance, and can be called Ayurvedic equivalent to Viagra.