Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shubhada Nimkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shubhada NimkarYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, I am a married person and I have one kid of 7 years old. We are planning to get other child for three or four years but in vein. After intercourse all the semen comes out from my wife. And all the day, it continues coming out until it finishes. We tried all the position, and used to put pillow also under the butts of my wife. But I use lubricant during intercourse. Please suggest me what should we do.
Hii .my wife is 20 weeks pregnant .its her first pregnancy. She can't sleep from last 3/4 days in night as her right side stomach is paining suddenly near about 1 hour every day .after sleep its normal again and she can feel baby cick also next day morning. Kindly suggest is it safe or its natural for all pregnant woman.
1) Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate. - If you are experiencing nausea, uncreased heart rate, headache, dizziness or flushed skin, your body needs hydration. Drink water immediately, plain water, plenty of water.
2) Aam Panna - It is delicious as well as beneficial for the health. Made by boiling raw mango and mixing with spices like pepper, black salt and coriander along with mint, all of which help in cooling our bodies.
3) Buttermilk - It rehydrates your body immediately. It is also a good source of probiotics and helps in replenishing the body with necessary minerals and vitamins.
4) Coconut Water - If your job requires you to travel much, take time for yourself and stop by any roadside coconut water seller. Do this at least once in a day, more if you can. This water is not only good for your skin and hair, but is also refreshing and filling.
5) Onion Oil - A simple way to bring down your body temperature is by dabbing onion oil behind your ears and on your chest. Raw onion used in salad and chutneys are also known to have a cooling effect.
6) Frequent Showers - Have frequent baths. If you are outdoors throughout the day, never miss having a bath at the end of the day. This will cool your body and ensure you sleep well too.
7) Summer Fruits - Stock your refrigerator with summer fruits ? watermelon, melon, lychee, mangoes all have high water content, and are excellent means to replenish body fluids.
Cick on 'Consult' if you have any more questions on how you can beat the heat.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am 22 year old and in a healthy long distance relationship. I met my boyfriend after a long time and had protected sex for 5 times and unprotected once in 2 days, le 18th and 19th march. I had my last period on 10th feb. Although they are usually irregular, I was expecting them by 15th March. I have severe burning sensation in my vagina every time I pee. I have following three concerns: 1. Has the period been delayed further because of excessive sex? If so, what should I do to make them normal? Or you have any other theory and treatment? 2. Is it normal to have that burning sensation even days after the act? 3. I should not have any chances of pregnancy as he pulled out during the unprotected sex. Comment?
Pregnancy can be easy and smooth, while on the other hand, it might be time consuming, marred with conception difficulties all along the way. Pregnancy may seem exciting to some, whereas it can be stressful for others. Regardless of whether it is the first child you are planning or have had a successful pregnancy previously; there are some tips you need to keep in mind in order to improve fertility and give birth to a healthy child.
Some fertility boosting factors are:
These fantastic swimmers are at the very root of male fertility. Some important components which need to be taken into consideration are sperm count, sperm motility (the ability of the sperm to swim around the female reproductive tract) and morphology (shape and size of a sperm). In order to have all these parameters in check and working fine, one needs to abstain from smoking and limit alcohol consumption among many other lifestyle modifications.
Having unprotected vaginal intercourse during the woman’s fertile days in a month helps improve chances of conception.
Fertility becomes a challenge when you are either overweight or underweight. The weight of a woman affects ovulation (The release of eggs from the ovaries) and causes hormonal imbalance; factors which make it very difficult to conceive. Keep your weight levels in check and that could prove primarily essential in bettering your fertility.
Staying well nourished boosts your odds of conceiving! Make sure to include enough protein, iron, zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D in your diet, because deficiencies in these nutrients have been linked to lengthened menstrual cycles (and therefore less frequent ovulation) and a higher risk of early miscarriage. Ask your gynaecologist if you should take a daily multivitamin supplement. And be sure to eat protein-rich foods, such as meat, fish, low-fat dairy products, eggs, and beans.
Beware of STDs or Sexually Transmitted Diseases. One is the most prone to STDs of any kind if he/she happens to engage in unprotected sexual intercourse; having a number of sexual partners just ups the chances of getting afflicted by STD. Protected vaginal intercourse helps prevent STDs, thus enhancing fertility and subsequently, chances of conception.
According to several studies, the lubricant one chooses surprisingly plays a significant role in determining fertility. Not all lubricants boost fertility and sperm motility (sperm count). Baby oil or egg whites are a few good examples of such lubricants.
While a limited amount of caffeine consumption is good, overdoing it might spoil and hamper fertility. Limit caffeine intake and keep it within a level of 200-250mg a day.
Smoking, besides playing havoc with every organ in the body, affects the reproductive organs and thus fertility. In men, it leads to reduced sperm count and in women, it causes DNA damage. Stub the bud right now and never get back to it.
Certain toxic chemicals can lead to female and male infertility. So it is advisable that you stay away from chemicals such as pesticides, organic solvents and lead, the primary toxins which pose a severe threat to fertility.
- Exercising regularly can never go wrong. It gives you the strength and stamina, boosting your overall health. However, vigorous exercises, especially when you are trying to conceive, will do you no good. It might adversely lead to the suppression of certain hormones such as progesterone (pregnancy stimulating hormone) and might affect ovulation, hence affecting fertility. Aim at a regular 20 minutes session of light exercises; mild cardiovascular exercises such as walking can work wonders, especially in such circumstances. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It may happen sometimes that you suffer from an undiagnosed medical condition in spite of appearing healthy outwardly. However, your body gives you constant warning signs to indicate that something is wrong with your health. Here are some signs which may be early symptoms of some severe health issues and should not be ignored.
1. Sudden weight loss - If you are not suffering from obesity and you have lost excessive weight in the past 6 months you need to consult your doctor. This sudden drop in weight can be caused by underlying conditions like hyperthyroidism, liver disease, cancer or diabetes, interfering with the way your body absorbs nutrients.
2. Persistent high body temperature - Persistent fever can ring an alarm indicating an underlying cause like UTI or tuberculosis. Lymphomas, which are cancerous, may also be responsible for this persistent fever. If your temperature continues to be 103 F or more or if you continue to have fever for more than 3 days you should consult a doctor immediately.
3. Difficulty in breathing - If your breath is short it can be due to a hidden health problem. Extreme temperatures, obesity, and strenuous exercises are mainly responsible for this shortness of breath. However, if these are not the causes of your breathlessness, you might be suffering from bronchitis, asthma, the blood clot in the lung, pneumonia or any other heart or lung diseases.
4. Bowel incontinence - If you notice unexplained changes in your bladder movement such as blackish stool with blood spots, prolonged constipation and frequent urge to have a bowel movement you should consult your doctor. This sudden change in bowel habits can be caused by a bacterial or viral infection.
5. Personality changes - If you are experiencing deterioration in your thinking skills, have sudden behavior changes and face difficulty in focusing or shifting attention you might be suffering from some severe problem caused by an infection, mental health conditions, poor nutrition, and effect of certain medications.
Male impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction, is a common condition that most frequently affects older men. Unless the problem is psychological, the inability to achieve or maintain an erection is due to insufficient blood supply to the penis, not a lack of sexual arousal. Herbs such as ginger may help. However, since impotence may signal a more serious disorder, including cardiovascular disease or diabetes, check with your doctor before pursuing self-treatment.
Kathi Keville and Peter Korn, authors of "Herbs for Health and Healing," contend that poor circulation may cause impotence in men because damaged or impaired blood vessels simply fail to fill with blood and expand. They also say that certain herbs, such as ginger, may help to increase dilation in blood vessels and improve circulation.
Aroma and Flavor
In his book, "Herbal Aphrodisiacs from Around the World," Clarence Meyer says that the same agents that lend ginger its medicinal properties are also responsible for stimulating arousal due to the warm, spicy scent and taste they impart. In fact, in Asian and Arabic cultures, the fragrance of ginger alone is regarded an aphrodisiac. Ginger is even referenced in the "Kama Sutra," the ancient Indian Hindu text dedicated to the art of giving and receiving sexual pleasure.
Ginger moxa is a therapy used in Chinese medicine to treat impotence that marries the properties of ginger with practice of moxibustion, a technique that involves burning selected herbs at various acupuncture points along the body. Usually, the herb of choice is mugwort, the leaves of which are rolled into a "moxa stick" much like a cigar. With ginger moxa, a thick slice of ginger becomes the insulation between the moxa stick and the skin. The ginger is pierced with a few small holes into which the moxa sticks are placed, and the sticks are allowed to burn down just far enough to produce perspiration and redness on the skin. The procedure is typically repeated several times in succession.
Is mifepristone 100mg single dose effective emergency contraceptive within 17days of unprotected intercourse as quoted in dutts textbook of obst? Can 200mg tab be broken to half and taken? Side effects? Can be taken at home?
Hello, Now I got some more trouble as I m already in medication of PCOD. This time m facing something other problem. I have back many since one month ago. I advised by a doctor to do x-ray. My all reports are normal. But" Slight straightening of Lumbar curvature seen" this sentence making me cry. I have searched on net but I didn't got what it is? Perhaps something big problem. Help me doctors please. If there is some vital problem please suggest me what type of specialist should I gone through? help
I have white fluid out in my vagina every time yeh problm mujhe 2 years se hai mein jabhi apne partner ke sath inter relate hoti tbhi nere ko yeh problm zyada hojati hai itching bhi hoti hai aur toilet krne mein to bhut problm hoti hai.
Hello Doctor, I'm 20 years old my body weight is 50 kg and my height is 5'6. I feel my breast is a little saggy a little low than normal. Is it possible to firm breast with exercise.
Hello sir my age is 21 now Iam pregnant with diamniotic diachronic twins now Iam 11 weeks pregnant may I know my two baby are same gender or opposite I want opposite gender is it possible.
Dear doctor, I am 24 years old girl single. May be get married by six months. I have a great gud hearted friend in life. I like him a lot, sometimes I feel like he is more than a friend n he feels the same. But we both never shared this feeling to each other. We became friends in facebook 5 years ago. N we met 3 years ago. I never felt any insecurity with him as he is unique n very very good hearted brave and kind person. To be fair I fell in love with him but I never revealed it to him, though I propose him, he can not marry me right now, he has many responsibilities and ambitions in life. So I dont wanna make him in a trouble as he can think about marriage only after 5 yrs. He is 26 now. Now what my problem is. I recently went to a women's expo from there I got lot of information regarding pregnancy and other girls health issues and also about sex life. On that day I came back to home and shared my day with him, and showed him some pics regarding pregnancy taken at the expo. For the first time we chatted about these kind of things and it made him tempted. After that he started a lit bit flirting with me but I managed him. He became so. Open to me chatting these things in these days and I never restricted him as I like it. But still. We are good friends never crossed the limit. He is now far away from me. We chat on WhatsApp only. Recently He was very depressed and I tried to make him normal. While chatting He asked me to have a hot chat. But to maintain the friendship's beauty I refused it. He said that sexting can make both of us feel relaxed as I too have some depressions in life. But still I refused his request. I really do not want to spoil the beauty of a friendship. But on the other side I want to help him. At least for a one time he is asking to have a hit chat just to relax. I am very much confused doctor. Should I go for it? Or should I not? If I do hot chat with him what are the things I should be careful? Sometimes I feel like it is like cheating my future hubby.(but My friend is also a good guy n I dont feel any kind of insecurities with him. Even I too get tempted to have hot chat with him. What should I do doctor?
Me and my bf had oral sex. He has done on me. We did not do vaginal sex. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Is it mandatory that he has to wear a condom while giving oral to the girl to avoid pregnancy?
Pregnancy stretch marks
Stretch marks are narrow pink or purplish streak-like lines that can develop on the surface of the skin. They're also known as stria or striae. If you get them, they usually appear on your tummy, or sometimes on your upper thighs and breasts as your pregnancy progresses. The first sign you notice might be itchiness around an area where the skin is becoming thin and pink.
What causes stretch marks?
Stretch marks are very common in the general population and don't just affect pregnant women. They can happen whenever the skin is stretched. For example, when we're growing during puberty or when putting on or losing weight, but hormonal changes in pregnancy can affect your skin and make you more likely to get stretch marks.
Whether or not you get stretch marks depends on your skin type, as some people's skin is more elastic. After your baby is born, the marks should gradually fade and become less noticeable, but they won't go away completely.
Pregnancy weight gain
You are more likely to get stretch marks if your weight gain is more than average in pregnancy. Most women gain between 10kg and 12.5kg (22 and 28lb) in pregnancy, although weight gain varies a great deal from woman to woman.
Stretch marks are not harmful. They don't cause medical problems. Over time, your skin will shrink and the stretch marks will fade into white-coloured scars.
Preventing stretch marks
Some creams claim to remove stretch marks once they've appeared, but there is no reliable evidence that they work. There is also limited evidence about whether oils or creams help prevent stretch marks from appearing in the first place.
Prevent stretch marks during pregnancy to some extent-maintain a healthy lifestyle
Make your diet skin-nourishing
You've probably started eating a balanced diet to ensure that your baby gets enough nutrients and vitamins. While you are at it, incorporate foods that promote skin health and those that will improve the elasticity of your skin. This will help keep stretch marks from appearing. Incorporate these foods to your diet:
- Foods packed with antioxidants: as they will help protect and nourish your skin. They include vegetables and fruits
- Food that is rich in vitamin E: as it protects the cell membranes of your skin. Eat collard greens, broccoli, seeds and nuts.
- Foods rich in vitamin A: as they repair the tissues of your skin. Eat red bell peppers, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash and mango.
- Food that is rich in omega-3 and 6: as it will make your skin glow and keep the cell membranes healthy. Eat, eggs, walnuts, fish oil and fish.
Increase intake of liquids
Liquids help detoxify the body and also keep the cells of the skin plump, which in turn makes the skin healthy. Your skin will also be able to get back to normal from the stresses brought by stretch marks. Here are some liquid drinking habits you should practice:
Drinking eight glasses of water each day. If you are unable to ingest all at once, you can get a bottle of water that can carry all 8 glasses of water and drink the water in bits throughout the day.
Do low impact exercises
Exercise helps to retain your skin's elasticity by improving circulation. Additionally, you will be able to keep off those extra pounds.
Perform exercises for pregnant women. They include kegel exercises, stretches and all other simple movements.
Try low impact exercises and yoga. Pilates and yoga help you get rid of uncomfortable positions during pregnancy.
Pay attention to your weight
When you gain too much weight fast, you will have stretch marks. That is why you need to keep an eye on your weight. You can do so by:
- Avoiding overeating. Even though pregnant women are required to eat more calories than they were eating before, it does not mean that you eat twice as much.
- Keeping cravings at bay. When they do come, just have a little of whatever food you have cravings for and top it with a hefty serving of fruits. That way, you will have satisfied your cravings while watching your weight.
Apply natural oils
Natural oils moisturize and hydrate your skin. Apply natural oils on your lower back, legs, thighs, sides, belly and anywhere else.
Bio oil, shea butter, almond oil, wheat germ oil and cocoa butter are quite popular oils for moisturizing the skin of pregnant women. Pure lanolin is also wonderful.