Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shubhada Nimkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shubhada NimkarYour feedback matters!
I have a PCOD problem and I am on birth control pills. It's been 3 days now since I finished the pills but no sign of my period. I am feeling bloated and have sugar cravings. Please advise.
If you are thinking of adopting one of the effective birth control measures, you can try an intrauterine device (IUD). An IUD is a small plastic device which is placed in the uterus and it helps in preventing the pregnancy. A plastic string is attached to one end for ensuring proper placement and for removal. An IUD can be removed easily and is a reversible birth control method. There are several advantages and disadvantages of using IUDs.
There are two types of IUDs which are commonly used. They are as follows:
- Hormonal IUDs: In case of hormonal IUDs, a small amount of progestin is released into the lining of the uterus. This hormone is similar to the progesterone hormone. This hormone helps in thickening the cervical mucus, thereby, making it difficult for the entry of sperm into the cervix. The growth of the uterine lining is slowed down, which makes fertilised eggs inhospitable.
- Copper IUDs: In this form of IUD, a tiny amount of copper gets released into the uterus. Sperm is prevented from entering the egg as they get immobilised on the way to the fallopian tubes.
- Most women who have used this contraceptive device are satisfied with them, according to surveys.
- A woman using an IUD is protected from pregnancy totally and no other preventive measures such as taking a pill every day is required.
- These devices start working as soon as they are fitted and can easily be removed.
- They can be implanted in the uterus four weeks after giving birth to a baby or after an abortion.
- Breastfeeding is safe for women using copper IUDs.
- Using IUDs enables a woman to smoke cigarettes and high blood pressure is prevented.
- Women who use hormonal IUDs experience less blood loss during menstruation and less pain.
- IUDs can be used for several years.
- IUDs are quite expensive.
- IUDs can only be removed by a health professional.
- These devices do not provide protection from any sexually transmitted disease or HIV.
- The insertion of IUDs can cause a genital infection in the uterus and lead to pelvic inflammatory diseases.
- There are chances of an IUD getting misplaced in the uterus, which may lead to pregnancy and injuries as well. The wall of the uterus may get punctured upon insertion of this device, leading to cramping, backache and excessive uterine bleeding accompanied by pain.
It is important that you must consult a doctor before thinking of getting an IUD fitted. Several screenings and tests need to be carried out before deciding upon the IUD that would work best for you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I was on a devri 10 mg for my period it's been a week and I still have not got my periods. I was sexually active that is I had oral sex but we did not have Intercourse and he did not ejaculate and I got very anxious so I took 9 pregnancy tests. All of them were negative. Should I still be worried for pregnancy?
My boyfriend ejaculate inside me and I took i-pill 4hrs later,its four days now after I took the contraception and still I didn't feel nausea nietger bleeding,I'm so worried! Am I pregnant?
We know this very well how beneficial drinking water just after getting up is and so many of us practice is too. But when we add honey and lemon in warm water and drink it daily, the benefits gets multiplied. Let's see how it is achieved.
1. Helps in losing weight - Drinking warm water mixed in honey and lemon is very good for health. It helps in losing weight and for this simple reason, people who want to lose weight should take it for sure.
2. No Constipation - This combination of warm water, lemon and honey is so good for health that if taken on an empty stomach it is helpful in keeping constipation at bay. It stimulates the digestive system, infuses water in dried stool which removes constipation completely.
3. Cleanse lymphatic system - Lack of water in the already dehydrated lymphatic system leads to problems like fatigue, disturbed sleep and blood pressure level and hinders mental development. But when you take water in lemon and honey, the lymphatic system gets hydrated and your body functions properly.
4. Keep bad breath at bay and improves oral health - Taste of honey and lemon removes any kind of bad breath in your mouth. Also, these keep your mouth bacteria-free and that's how without direct care, mouth gets benefited indirectly.
5. Boost immune system - Vitamin C helps in fighting cold. As it is high in potassium, it controls blood pressure as well as stimulates brain function.
6. Clears skin - Presence of Vitamin C removes blemishes and wrinkles from skin. Also, it gives a brighter and glowing look. As a result of drinking lemon and honey in water, your skin gets cleared giving your face a cleaner and fairer look.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 5 Life-long benefits of drinking Desi Haldi Milk
Hello doctor m 20 years old. I has unprotected sex on 28 th of sept after which I took unwanted 72 pill. Then I got my periods next day on 29 th. N today is 10 th day and m still getting blood spots on my underwear. The bleeding hasn't stopped. Whts the reason. Pls help.
I Had Unprotected Sex on 17th of Aug and On 19th Of Aug Took I-Pill. Till Now I Have not Got My Withdrawal Bleeding. Am Having Lots Of White Discharge and Fever too. Am I Pregnant?
We had sex last Sat. The next day n the day after I got the test done at home. It showed negative. Bt I haven't got my periods yet. Im really worried. Can someone please help n tell me if im pregnant or not. I need to confirm it. It's very serious. Need to know the exact reason. Why the periods are delayed. Please reply. Please.
1. Drink plenty water
2. Drink natural drinks like coconut water, rice water
3. Use sunglasses
4. Cover head with cotton cloth while going outside
It can cause irreversible hearing loss.