Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shriniwas Shintre
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Shriniwas ShintreYour feedback matters!
Sir my Back neck is very pain. Last week I am early m Combiflamke up My neck pain. Please kindly give solution. I am take medicine. Combiflame
I'm having severe pain in left side of body from past 6 months pain occurs in left side of head left jaw, neck shoulder blades left hand, sometimes in left breast also, groin region and left leg from thigh to toe pain is becoming worse day by day my USG and x-rays all are normal but still I'm having this pain my back also pain this pain become severe winters my ECG was also normal I have taken physiotherapy but not much improvements tell me the reason and causes and also treatment to cure this pain.
I have fever from several six days. Heavy back and joint pain also. Please consult me how my fever will reduce.
I had head ache and back pain when I do any hard work physical work what should be the problem in me and I sometimes come vomit when I feel very tire.
When the density of the bone decreases, it is known as osteoporosis. The bones also start to get weak and fragile and their strength decreases. It causes the bones to become porous, more like a sponge. This can also lead to frequent fractures in the bone. Here are some of the factors that might increase your risk of getting osteoporosis:
- Thin and small body frame
- Family history of osteoporosis
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Lack of exercise
- Calcium deficiency
- Poor nutrition
- Lack of certain vitamins
- Bowel diseases
- Low estrogen in women
- Low testosterone in men
- Chemotherapy because of the toxic effect it has on the ovaries
- Menstrual cycle complications in women
- Chronic swelling due to rheumatoid arthritis or any liver disease.
Osteoporosis can be treated in a number of ways. The main goal is to prevent the bones from getting fractured or becoming weaker. Timely treatment can surely decrease the risk of fractures in the future. It is very difficult to completely cure or rebuild the bones however one can easily prevent it from happening further. Following are some of the treatments that can help in preventing osteoporosis and make a person fit to a certain extent:
- Changes in the lifestyle of a person are very important. These include, not smoking and refraining from alcohol consumption.it is very important for a person with osteoporosis to exercise regularly and take a healthy and balanced diet.
- A good amount of Vitamin D and calcium is required in the body. These can be consumed straight from certain foods or in the form of supplements.
- Medicines like alendronate, calcitonin, ibandronate and relaxofine can turn out to be extremely helpful if other conventional home cures do not pan out well.
- Exercising has a huge impact on the bones. It helps strengthen the muscles that support the bones in your body. Although exercise cannot bring back the bone’s density, however, it decreases your risk of falling since it improves the muscle balance.
What type of exercise might be best for osteoporosis has not been determined yet, however, your physiotherapist can help by assigning you certain exercises that can help you with your problem. Be careful of what you eat and drink and what activities you do. If you are sure that your muscles are too weak for you to be playing any kind of sport that might make it easier for you to get injured, you need to avoid them.
Consult a doctor to chalk out a good diet plan and an exercise or workout routine that is neither too exhausting nor very lenient. Other forms of therapy like yoga and stretching or even pilates if you are flexible enough, are great ways to treat osteoporosis. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!