Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shetty Pravinkumar
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shetty PravinkumarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from eye dizziness. My spex number is 2. I have severe pain in forehead. I can not see computer or mobile phone clearly and in spex also I have no clear vision. Wht to do so that I can study and please suggest what to increase eyesight and vision?
Can we apply potato juice daily on face for skin lightening and for dark circles is it effective for this and is it safe to use it daily.
My body got tan .my feet my hands my neck my face got tan. It looks so awkward. Suggest some solutions.
Acne is an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands (oil-secreting glands in our skin) and the hair follicles.
Poor eating habits.
Hormonal imbalance - during puberty.
Drugs like corticosteroids.
Sign and symptoms:
Pain in acne.
Pus or oily discharge.
Whiteheads / blackhead formation.
Avoid fats and oily food.
Avoid chocolate, ice-cream, butter, cakes, white bread, sweets and fried food.
Limit intake of non-vegetarian food.
Do not break your pimples, it will lead to secondary infections.
Do not use scented soaps and chemicals on your face.
Wash your face frequently, at least 5 times a day, taking care that it does not become too dry.
Use non-greasy make-up or if possible do not apply cosmetics.
Use natural cleansers than chemical preparations:
- wash face with gram flour (channa) and little turmeric in it.
- massage skin with fresh cucumber, it gives a cooling effect on the skin.
- you can massage your face with fresh fruits also.
You can take facial steam to reduce inflammation and infection for not more than 15 minutes and once fortnight.
Practice yoga - it will help make your circulation better.
Drink plenty of water.
Drink plenty of fruit juice, coconut water.
Eat lots of fresh fruits and raw vegetables.
Increase intake of fiber in your diet - whole grains, bran, oat, green leafy vegetables, raw vegetables, salads, dried fruits and fresh fruits.
Eat whole grains rather then refined flour.
Possibly eat boiled or lightly cooked food, not highly seasoned food.
Increase intake of zinc in diet:
- shellfish, beef and other red meats, eggs, and seafood, beef, pork, chicken (dark meat), turkey (dark meat), milk and milk products, nuts, sea plants especially Japanese sea plants.
Consume diet rich in vitamin a:
- liver oils of fish, egg, milk and milk products, meat, fish, kidney and liver.
- yellow orange colored fruits and vegetables; and green leafy vegetables are a good source of - carotene.
Consume food rich in vitamin c:
- milk and milk products, citrus fruits, green vegetables.
- fruits and vegetables when fresh have maximum of vitamin c.
Increase intake of vitamin e.
- wheat germ, whole grain, corns, cereals, pulses, nuts, dark green leafy vegetables, olives.
- oilseeds and vegetable oils. You can take vitamin e supplements of 22.5 iu (15 milligrams) for adults.
Replace other oils by sunflower oil for cooking as it is the richest source of vitamin e.
Add a little turmeric to your food; it is beneficial for your skin.
If your acne does not respond in 2-3 months following the advice listed above see your physician.
Consult your physician if your acne is infected and there is pus-like discharge.
Consult your physician immediately if you are not sure if it is acne or any other skin eruption.