Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shetty PravinkumarYour feedback matters!
If dead skin found on palm in specific area e.g thumb, may I know the reason behind that because my thumb having same skin problem. Skin get dead and paining in that area due skin getting out.
I am 24 female unmarried ,working women. My hair becoming thin and curly getting so much of hair fall and dandruff. I am using nyle shampoo and parachute coconut hair oil. Weekly 3 times head wash and applying oil overnight only.
Hello I am having black color skin on my left hand below elbow its getting darker day by day I m applying few skin creams but no benefit at all pls suggest.
I am losing a lot of hair this days. I have consultant local doctors but no improvement happened. I don't know what to do now?
I have huge hair fall. My hair is very silky but now there is only 3/4 hair on my head how can I redevelop my hair and reduce hair fall. I used patanjali shampoo but it did nt workd now im using himalayan anti hairfall shampoo. I use hair oil of bajaj almond. Please give me gd suggestion.
I'm 34 years old male having acute dandruff. Tried ketoconazole and lemon curd and what not. But no effect. What to do?
I have black mole on my face I have used many types of creams but not changing my face problem. Please advise.
I am 29 yrs old female my hair is falling continuously after shifting to salt lake, kolkata from malda town west bengal. What to do?
Hair Hi, I would like to know about white hair right now my age is 23 and my at least 50% of my hair changes into white Please help me about treatment of white Hair, Around at the age of 14 hair started to become white, so now I'm using hair color to hide white hair please tell me any treatment or home remedies so I can get my black Hair again. Thank you.
Hi, I want to know how to clear a pimples dark mark on face, can you please give a good cream name or soap. My self ateeq male 26 years old.
I eat all lot these days, still I am losing weight. I have become thin and lost 10 kya of weight. Might be due to my habits. My hair fall also is very bad. I have lost hair on my forehead. Can you advise me what foods to include in my diet? I am a vegetarian. Thank you.
With oily skin, the constant feeling of stickiness, excessive pimples, and never-feels-fresh can be extremely stressful. The skin, by its nature, has oil and sebaceous glands in the underlying layers, and an excess amount of these glands can lead to skin being extremely oily. There are, however, various products available in the market that are specifically meant for oily skin types. In addition, there are various things that can be included as part of regular skin care to manage oily skin to leave you with more glowing, less oily appearance.
Read on to know more.
- Face wash: Regular cleaning, at least twice a day, is one of the best skin care regimen to manage an oily skin. Warm water and soap or a non-soap cleanser should be used to wash the face. These contain substances like benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and you might have to try a couple of products to see what would suit you best. If you have acne, benzoyl peroxide would also help control acne. In the initial days, it might cause some redness and itching, but will soon subside. Also, be careful not to overwash it in an attempt to wash off the oil constantly. This can cause dryness and irritation too. If the oiliness is too much to manage, then using blotting pads or even regular tissue paper to remove the oiliness during the day can be useful.
- Choosing cosmetics: Using oil free or water based cosmetics is more beneficial and helps control the oiliness. Also, choosing a right moisturizer and applying it rightly is very essential. The face is not evenly oily, some parts would be oilier than others. A moisturizer with petrolatum or lanolin should be avoided.
- Skin contact: With oily skin, avoid hair falling onto your face, as also hands, especially if you have nails. There is a high tendency to pick on acne which only increases the spread.
- Skin toner: An oil free, alcohol free toner can be used on the oiliest patch. This will be light on the skin and help reduce the sticky feeling. While using this, keep in mind the patches that are oily and dry and apply it only on the areas that are oily.
- Sun exposure: Limit sun exposure by using oil-free, water-based sun screen products. This is essential to block pores and provide sun protection.
- Exacerbating factors: While sebaceous glands usually become active during puberty and subside over a few years, for some, they may continue to be active into adulthood. This causes acne, and is aggravated by humid or cold weathers, stress, or by certain foods. Identify these changes and try to avoid them.
These simple, easy-to-follow measures will definitely help manage oily skin much more effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.