Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sheetal DhadphaleYour feedback matters!
Hi this is Shaik I have acidity am trying to eat regularly breakfast early daily bt couldn't so .whn I wake up early morning am going to walking for one hour aftr that due to sm causes having brkfst too late. Whn I came from walking with empty stomach can I eat raw carrots? Is it any increased sugar levels n something else pls suggest me any one ThnQ.
I am having congestion in nose n throat and I am having some indigestion problems wen it happens it's seems that l ll faint so what's the matter hw can I come over wen it happens it's gets me irritated and fear of that some thing gonna happen to me? please suggest.
I was discharged after treatment for acute pancreatitis one year back and I never touched alcohol or tobacco after that and there was no complication after discharge now I want to know how much is the possibility to get cancer (pancreatic)
I ate spicy food yesterday. Consequently, I am suffering from a severe stomach ache and mild loose motions since morning. What should I eat to soothe the pain?
Hi, I am suffering from fissure. Once stool will be tight then bleeding will be started and anus get swelling. Its very painful. I am also suffering from gassy headache. So could you please suggest any medicine or yoga or something else through which I can got relief. I am 36 years old and I am in sitting job. Thanks Pravin Kumar Tiwari.
My fiance is 26 years old. He developed acute food poisoning after having Street food (chicken chilly chowmein with egg) in the afternoon. He discharged watery stool four times along with several times vomiting and severe stomach ache. After that he took norflox TZ at night and entire Quinol after a gap of 3-4 hours. He is taking glucose water at regular intervals. Diarrhoea has stopped but severe stomach ache is there. It is raining over here and medical help is not available at this hour. Does he need to see the doctor and please recommend the diet. P.S: We are medical students.
Sir I am 40 years male, I have problem of poor digestion also I use bathroom 3-4 times a day sheen I eat meat and eggs.
I am 36 years old male and from last 4 days I am having Stool with complete black colour. Feeling vomiting like sensation in morning. I have no habits of drink or smoking. Please help me what is the reason of this Black stool and what should be done to cure this. I am tensed for this.
When there is excessive acid build-up in your body, you experience a burning sensation in your chest. This condition is called acidity.
You feel a burning sensation in your chest, your mouth tastes sour and your throat may feel sore during bouts of acidity. An antacid can give you quick relief, but sometimes, you might feel like it isn’t working very well for you. Ayurveda may help you in this case.
Ayurveda is safe, and it provides a natural way to heal acidity.
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies for acidity:
1. Bananas: The potassium in bananas is an excellent antidote to acidity. Eating a ripe banana can provide you relief from the discomforting symptoms of acidity.
2. Milk: The calcium in milk bars acid build-up and absorbs the extra acid produced. For best results, drink cold milk to ease your discomfort.
3. Mint leaves: Mint reduces acid production and cools the burning sensation in your stomach. Chop and boil some mint leaves; then drink the cooled solution for relief.
4. Tulsi: Tulsi boosts mucus production in the stomach and has antiulcer properties. To ease your discomfort, chew on 5-6 tulsi leaves.
5. Cardamom: Elaichi, or cardamom, is a multi-purpose remedy. It stimulates digestion, reduces stomach spasms, soothes the stomach lining and prevents excessive acid production. Just crush two pods of elaichi in boiling water and drink it for quick results.
6. Cloves: Cloves boost saliva production, which helps in digestion and reducing the symptoms of acidity. For relieving acidity, just bite a piece of clove and keep it in your mouth. The oils released from the clove will reduce acidity within no time.
7. Aniseed: Aniseed cools the stomach lining, which reduces the burning sensation. Simply chewing a few aniseeds or saunf seeds, can bring about instant relief.
8. Cumin: Cumin stimulates saliva production, which aids in improving digestion and metabolism. You can eat cumin seeds, or boil them in water and then drink the solution for relief.
9. Ginger: Ginger improves digestion and helps absorb and assimilate essential nutrients better. It also protects your stomach from ulcers by boosting mucus secretion, which reduces the damage to the stomach lining caused by acid.
10. Amla: Also called the Indian gooseberry, amla has high amounts of vitamin C in it, which helps in healing the agitated lining of the stomach and oesophagus. You can consume one teaspoon of gooseberry powder to prevent acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
My friend is suffering from cholera from last 2 days and there is no betterment in his health so what can I do for him?
Anal fissures are the small tears formed in the anal lining. They are also known as anal ulcers. An anal fissure causes a lot of pain and bleeding during your bowel movements. Usually a fissure heals automatically in a few days time. It can be treated with simple home remedies as well.
- You can suffer from an anal fissure if you pass hard and large stools.
- Also strained childbirth or suffering from violent spells of diarrhea might get you an anal fissure.
- Chronic constipation may also be cause of a fissure.
- Other rare causes may be anal cancer, HIV, tuberculosis or herpes.
Individuals of all age groups can suffer from anal fissures. It is not a very serious problem and heals on its own in a few weeks. Although it can heal itself, there are certain treatments which can help relieve the pain you get from an anal fissure.
An anal fissure has quite a lot of symptoms for you to understand what you are suffering from:
- There will be a very visible tear around the anal region. You will be able to spot the tear on the skin very easily.
- A small lump of skin may form next to the tear.
- When you will be undergoing your bowel movements, you will feel a very sharp pain in the anal region.
- You will find spots of blood on the stool passed.
- You will also feel a burning or an itching sensation in the anal region.
Although most fissures do not require treatment, there are a few remedies that will help cure them faster:
- Stool softeners: You get certain medicines at the chemist, which are known for their stool softening functions. These stool softeners help to soften the hard stools and initiates smooth bowel movements.
- Eat fibrous foods: Eat foods rich in fiber like fruits, whole grain cereals, raw vegetables, etc.
- Take warm baths: Take a bath in warm water as it relaxes your anal muscles, helps to relieve irritation in the region, and increases blood flow in the anorectal region.
- Use ointment: Apply nitroglycerin ointments and topical pain relievers to promote blood flow to the anal region and to relieve discomfort from the region respectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.