Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sharmila DarekarYour feedback matters!
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age. Polycystic means “many cysts,” and PCOS often causes clusters of small, pearl-sized cysts in the ovaries. The cysts are fluid-filled and contain immature eggs. PCOS affects one in 4 women.
What are the causes behind it?
While the exact cause of PCOS is unknown, doctors believe that hormonal imbalances and genetics play a role. Women are more likely to develop PCOS if their mother or sister also has the condition.
Overproduction of the hormone androgen may be another contributing factor. Androgen is a male sex hormone that women’s bodies also produce.
PCOS is a syndrome disease defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms of PCOS that one patient experiences can be very different from the symptoms of another patient. If you have two or more of the following symptoms, you need to have a thorough checkup to determine if you need PCOS treatment:
- Irregular or missing menstrual periods
- Excess or unwanted body or facial hair growth
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Weight problems, often including weight gain around the waist
- Skin problems, including skin tags, darkening skin and acne
Does PCOS increase weight?
The answer is a ‘YES’. Most PCOS patients are overweight and are asked to exercise which helps control the symptoms but a lot many people have a completely normal body type.
What are the risks associated with PCOS-related weight gain?
No matter what the cause, weight gain can be detrimental to your health. Women with PCOS are more likely to develop many of the problems associated with weight gain and insulin resistance, including:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Endometrial cancer
Many of these conditions can lead to heart disease. In fact, women with PCOS are four to seven times more likely to have a heart attack than women of the same age without the condition.
Benefit of Weight Loss with PCOS
Modest weight loss will not cure PCOS, but it will help. Weight loss can restore the normal function of the ovaries and result in normal hormone production. This may, in turn, lead to improvements in symptoms of PCOS, such as excess hair growth, acne or scalp hair loss.
Protect Yourself From Weight Gain
- Eat Right: A healthy diet low in complex carbohydrates, moderate protein and low fat is important, as this can help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Exercise: Start doing low-to-moderate activities like walking or swimming for 30-to-90 minutes per day because exercise (even without weight loss) has been shown to lower or get rid of insulin resistance.
- Lose Weight: The more overweight you are the more likely you are to be insulin resistant whether you have PCOS or not. Losing just 5% of your bodyweight will help lower your insulin resistance.
- Avoid Stress: Don’t over stress yourself as it increases the blood pressure level in your body and can’t help to resist with PCOS. So, try to stay as calm as possible.
- Get more sleep (at least 7-to-9 hours in a day): Not getting enough sleep can also make your insulin resistance worse, which in turn acquires you the weight.
- Cereals: Barley, quinoa, oats, oatmeal, muesli, bran flakes, whole wheat porridge, brown rice, multigrain bread
- Pulses: Yellow moong, green moong, chana dal, beans, whole pulses
- Dairy products: Skimmed or toned milk, soy milk, tofu, paneer, yogurt
- Fruits: Berries, plums, peaches, oranges, papaya, pears, watermelons, apples
- Nuts: Walnut, almonds, flaxseeds
- Vegetables: Carrots, peas, broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cauliflower, celery, spinach
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hello sir, it would be a a great fever if you tell me about the outcome of the following, Sir a girl had sex and she had sex on her ovulating day after periods, the sex was done with a condom on and everything was safe hopefully. The girl's ovulation time (before periods) has come and she is not able to see the ovulation fluid (white lining) from the vagina and no cramps (before periods) what should be your opinion on her situation. Everything was safe but is there any possibility of getting pregnant?
Hello. I took abortion pill on 22st April 2017 night n my bleeding started on 25th APril evening n till 3rd May 2017. BT in next month I have symptoms of periods by my periods have nt come yet today is 2nd June 2017 m really tensed. I did nt have sex after that still I can be pregnant again I even had home test n both were negative still my periods did nt started yet please help.
I have a node on the ryt side of my breast from last two years it is painless and not increasing or decreasing in size.
While having sex my wife's periods started, and we did not knew that, please tell me if there's any chance of infection as we didn't use any precautions.
I had sex before my periods but that periods lasted only for three days two days it was heavy I am thinking that I may get perg and all it's almost 10 days late I am not at all getting my periods on top of it I had unwanted 72 ofter I had sex with 5 hours I am dam worried I test lot of time preg test it was negative please I feel some movement in my tummy so I feel to have food and feel dizziness and sleepy too much.
For first time intercourse. Every women get pain in the vagina? ANd blood flow also in vagina? please help us, coz of pain while having intercourse in vagina I I'll not continued it.
Dear sir, my sister went for usg on19 weeks and that time femur was one week and two days behind and now on 29th week usg femur is 3 weeks and 3 days behind, where humerious is also 3 weeks behind and other long bones are also slight short now its 32 weeks completed and we are confused and even Dr. Is not sure that how baby will be on its birth. So I want to know after pregnancy how will this baby survive, is it finds any problem or defect during its life is there any treatment available for these? we are just on a hope kindly share your experience on such kind of cases and guid us and help us patients age is -23 thanks.
I have got a fibroid in my uterus. And due to that i am getting anemic. Please help me with this issue.
I had sex wit my partner n while having sex she got her periods. Will she b pregnant? While intercourse she got.
These symptoms made her incapable of carrying out her household duties as efficiently as she used to earlier.
Concerned with her pain & apparent symptoms severity, her husband took her to a general physician who prescribed a battery of tests including MRI Brain only to find no abnormality.
Attending Physician prescribed some multivitamin syrups & pain killer medicines & also tried to assure the family that NOTHING was wrong with Shruti.
However, she continued to complain of body aches and headaches, with resultant chaos on home management front compelling her husband to hire a maid to look after all the work including health of Shruti.
Shruti started feeling guilty about this & she started remaining aloof and also had trouble sleeping at night.
Frustrated with the added financial pressure and Shruti's ever increasing health complains, her husband accused her of faking it in order to avoid doing work.
Her in-laws added fuel to the fire citing it was all a drama. This further added to Shruti's sense of guilt and her appetite significantly reduced. 4 months after onset of these symtoms, Shruti lost 10kg weight.
She started remaining on the bed for hours and hardly interacted with anyone. She also started voicing ideas of ending her life in order to relieve everyone off her responsibility & enabling them to lead a happy life!
Now concerned, her parents took the matter in their hands & took her to a psychiatrist.
At the psychiatrist’s clinic, after detailed evaluation , Shruti was diagnosed to be suffering from depression (severe without psychotic symptoms) and the psychiatrist pointed out that the headaches & unexplained body aches were a the starting points of depression itself. She was started on medications and counselling therapy and within 2 months time she recovered completely & once again happily assumed her normal HOME MINISTERS ROLE!
Depression is one of the most common mental disorder and seen in every 4 out of 100 persons as per World health organization (WHO) data
When one thinks of depression; a sad, tearful face comes to mind. But depression is more than just that. unexplained headaches, body pains, sleeping difficulties are often the presenting complaints of depression. Other presentations of depression are chronic tiredness, joint pain,back pain, gastrointestinal problems including frequent acidity, indigestion, appetite changes etc. without any probable detectable physical cause
Depression contributes greatly to the disability caused by headache and backaches. More than 50% of patients with depression who visit general practitioners complain only of physical symptoms and in most cases, these symptoms include pain. If physicians test all pain patients for depression, they might discover 60% of currently undetected depression in their OPD.
Complete Recovery from an episode of depression is possible & achievable to everyone after proper treatment with medicines, counselling sessions & lifestyle modifications!
Next time while visiting your general Physician for any of aforementioned pain symptoms, do ask.....''AM I SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION? DO I NEED TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST? AM I RECEIVING ANY MEDICINE WHICH SHOULD BE TAKEN ONLY UNDER SUPERVISION OF A PSYCHIATRIST??''
Remember, Mental Illnesses are TREATABLE!!
If we kiss a girl and her saliva goes into mouth there Will be a any problem ? One of my relative is her age is 35 and she suddenly started kissing me and made me closer to her. .is better to have closed with him I too feel happy with him and she too.
Immunity –Bal(बल) and Ayurveda
In different stages of the life it is important that we maintain a healthy one, the specific system has been developed in form of सहजबल, कालबल, और युक्तिकृतबल with the help of which you get Strength (बल-Bal) throughout the life. System of this procedure of medicines is known as संस्कार.
What is Sanskar(संस्कार)?
“संस्कारो हि गुणान्तराधानं”
संस्कार is the procedure of Adulteration of quality of life or enhancing the good things.
Shuvarnprashan - A powerful Child Immunization Procedure
सुवर्णप्राशनं ह्येतनमेधाग्निबलवर्धनम् | आयुष्यम मङ्गलं पुण्यं वृष्यम वर्णयं ग्रहापहम ||
मसात परममेधावी व्याधिर्भिन च धृष्यते | षड़भिर्मासै: श्रुतधर: सुवर्णप्राशनाद्भवेत || का.सं.सू.
If you are looking for an effective Ayurvedic way, which helps in boosting your child’s immunity and health, you should opt for सुवर्णप्राशन. Shuvarnprashan, used over thousands of years, is completely natural as it is prepared from Gold (सूवर्ण), Medicated Gow Ghrita (औषधीय घृत) and Honey (मधु), which goes through proper processing according to completely safe classic Ayurvedic Method. It’s a licking foam preparation (लेह/लिढ प्रकार औषधी). It is ideal method for building the overall health and intelligence of your child.
The specific benefits ascribed to Shuvarnprashan are as follows
- Medha Agni Bala Vardhanam (improvement of intellect, digestion, metabolism, immunity, and physical strength)
- Ayushyam (promoting lifespan)
- Mangalam (auspicious)
- Punyam (righteous)
- Vrushyam (aphrodisiac)
- Varnyam (enhancement of color and complexion)
- Grahapaham (protection from evil spirits and microorganisms)
How Shuvarnprashan works?
The three components of Shuvarnprashan work together towards enhancing the immunity and as each of them individually works on the betterment of immunity.
- It is an immuno-modulator (i.e. it reconstructs the immune system)
- Provides bal to the body
- Enhances life potency
- Enriches the texture of the skin
- Pharmacological studies showed specific and nonspecific immune responses, which were modified in a positive manner in Swarna Bhasma treated. It also had a stimulatory effect on peritoneal macrophages, which may be helpful to fight against infections.
- Note: It is evidently mentioned in the texts of Ayurveda that any form of gold should be used internally only after proper purification failing to do, which may result in complications that may be even life-threatening.The type of gold to be used, mode of administration of different forms, theirs benefits and therapeutic indications are also clearly explained
- Cow Ghrit or Ghee
- Research indicates that phenolic antioxidants present in the ghee help in boosting the immune system
- It is rich in vitamin A & E, which help fight free radicals and promote good health
- CLA ( conjugated linolenic acid) in ghee lowers the level of bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) and triglycerides in the body.
- Ghee also improves our vision by helping our bodies properly digest fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A.
- It detoxifies the body by dissolving the toxins, which are then excreted out of the body through intestine.
- Butyric acid, is the most important element in ghee, which has also been linked to the stimulation of T-cell production, which are the heavy hitting cells of the immune system.
- The use of cow ghee can help supercharge your immune system.
- Dose shaman of Vata(वात) and Pitta(पित्त) Vikar (It balances the Vata and Pita dosha)
- Rasa, Shukra and Oja Vardhank ( Appharodiatic in nature and Improve Immunity)
- Sanskarasya Anuvartanam (Gives a boost to the potency of the medication)
- Twachya (Enhances the complexion of the skin)
- Dhee, Dhruti, Smruti, Medha vardhak ( Enhances the intellectual power of the brain)
- Agni Vardhak(Amplifies the digestive fire)
- Honey contains a protein made by bees called defensin-1, which is the most active germ killing ingredient in honey.
- It makes the penetration of other medicines easy.
- Easily palatable for children
- Contains high level of nutrients and glucose
- Chakshusya(चक्षुष्य) (Improves eyesight)
- Vishahara(वृष्य) (Aphrodisiac in nature)
- Rakta, Pittahara (रक्त & पित्तहर) ( Takes care of blood and pitta imbalance)
In a pharmaco-clinical study conducted on neonates Madhu-Ghrita-Swarna-Vacha Combination shows a significant effect on humoral antibody formation and it acted on immunological system, which was evident by triggering the response of immunological system by a rise in the total proteins and serum IgG levels.
- The problems like bed wetting and indigestion are decreased
- Reduced recurrency of frequent cough and cold. Reduced hospital visits
- Hyperactive children become calm and it enhances concentration
- Childrens are taking interest in study and sports
- Shuvarnprashan increases immunity power in disorders like epileptic convulsion, allergy, Hepatitis-B
- Improves speech
Things to note
- Shuvarnprashan can be given to your child from childbirth till the age of 12 years.
- Ideally, it should be given early in the morning on an empty stomach. Feed your child 30 minutes after giving Shuvarnprashan.
- The specific benefits of Swarnaprashana according to the duration of administration have been mentioned such as:
- If administered for 1 month, the baby will become Parama Medhavi (highly intelligent) and Vyadhibhir Na Cha Drusyate (will not be affected by any disease)
- If administered for 6 months, the baby will become Srutadhara (will be able to remember the things, which are just heard).
- You can follow a dosage for a period of 30 days. You may extend this till 180 days. Afterwards follow up on every pushyanaxatra(पुष्यनक्षत्र).
- Your child should face the east side when taking this medicine. Shuvarnprashan is also known by other names such as Swarna amruta prashana, Swarna bindu prashana, Suvarna prashan, Swarna prashana and Swarnaprashan.
However, in conditions such as acute fever, swarnprashan can increase your body temperature. It is contraindicative in condition such as diarrhea, vomiting. Hence, it is important to consult an experienced and well-known Ayurveda practitioner before starting this Ayurveda process
My sister serum aso titre is 355 what should she do I order to get rid of this problem and what are the consequences of this.
- The medicine cultivated in your area is always best for you.
- There are several medicine and food behaved is any disease but one should always try to use those medicines and foods which are according to their local place for suitable results.
- Like now a days people are attracted to frozen food and supplements with pesticides like in olive oil, broccoli and spirulina, ginseng etc. In places where it is not according to their climate and in this process local cultivation which is fresh and pesticides free is not used. It provides loss of time, finance and health as well.
- Search whatever you see around you explore about it and use it, for this one doesn't need to be an expert but yes suggestions online or in person can be used.
My daughter has a lump in her breast. Significantly large. I got her an FNAC test done and the report came back saying it was a benign fibroadenoma. The doctor recommended a few months of Vitamin E and Linolenic Acid tablets. Despite over 4 months of taking the same, the size has only increased. Do you suggest any other medicine. Can stress be a reason for this?
Hello. I have very dry periods. My age is 25 and I am unmarried. I bleed hardly for two days. N then it is almost nill. What should be done?
I am 23 years old, I get my periods regularly but only 2 days of bleeding, and also nowadays lot of hair fall. Please suggest me something which will prevent this.
Are you feeling stressed out and anxious? Do you have trouble getting a good night's sleep? Are you struggling with pain, a chronic condition, or a difficult diagnosis?
If physical and emotional roadblocks are preventing you from fully enjoying your life, it's time to experience Perfect Health.
People come to Panchakarma for a variety of reasons, but with a shared desire to increase health, vitality and energy. To experience a calm mind and balanced nervous system and to have an inner sense of well being, that feeling of being truly comfortable in our own body.
Panchakarma is appropriate for almost everyone except young children and those of advanced years. There are specific contradictions for Panchakarma. We are very careful at Living Ayurveda to insure that Panchakarma is an appropriate treatment for you and your present level of health.
Some people are basically healthy, yet have a specific health concern. It may be as simple as the need to pause and renew due to a hectic life. It may be the desire to insure that a genetic family health trait is kept in check so as not to develop. Perhaps there have been issues and challenges around pregnancy. Panchakarma is an opportunity to unwind and release long held toxins, worries and memories. It is a time for you to create optimal good health in all areas. A time to reflect on life and determine if the life you are living is truly good for you, and if it is not, a time to change your direction to one more positive.
Others come to Panchakarma as the result of chronic disease and seek to stop the downward spiral of health. Addressing chronic or vague health issues or those difficult to diagnosis is one of Ayurveda’s strong suites. At some point people recognize that there are consequences to a lifetime of choices that are cumulatively creating a negative impact to their health. Poor diet, over exertion, smoking, drugs, alcohol and unhealthy relationships take a toll on our health. Panchakarma is a powerful yet kind and gentle way to remove these toxic accumulations and to begin to regain your health, your prosperity and your life.
Our physical, mental and emotional environments have changed dramatically in the past 70 years, more change has occurred on the planet in this time than the total change in all of time before. The introduction of new synthetic chemicals and electromagnetic influences from the impressive array of communication technologies are only two examples of recently invented outside influences. These outside influences combined with the pace at which we live, and the not so positive lifestyle choices we sometimes make, have created an unprecedented burden on the body. The human body is an amazing, evolving organism, but it simply does not have the capacity to adequately adapt to maintain health in the face of these radical environmental changes.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization, both very conservative health agencies, report that 85% of all diseases are the result of environmental exposure. More than 86,000 new chemical compounds are been created since Word War II. Less than 1% have been tested for impact to human safety. These chemical assaults are in our food, water and air. They are in our clothes, our homes and workplace.
It is mind boggling to realize that the very first television broadcast originated from Nazi Germany only 70 years ago. Today we are bombarded continuously with multiple forms of electromagnetic communication signals; cell phones, radio, microwaves and more.
It is hard to believe, given the pace that we now live, but the concept of “being on time” did not exist 80 years ago prior to the industrial revolution and modern manufacturing coming into being. We are pushed everyday to make every minute count. Consultants charge for the services by the minute, we pay for parking by the minute, and even our news is “up to the minute”. It is little wonder that we collapse into bed at night.
And there is the impact of our personal choices. The small choices that we make everyday in regards to diet, nutrition, exercise and even relationships, make a big impact on determining our level of health and disease. As a society we are living longer, yet very few of us reach our senior years disease free. There are a number of diseases and disease processes with non-specific causes; cancer, chronic fatigue, arthritis, osteoporosis, essential tremor, various auto-immune diseases and the list continues to grow. What is the value in living longer if to only suffer poor health? And to be a burden? These small choices we make everyday are similar to a snowball rolling down hill picking up “flakes” of poor health.
Education is a central component of care at Living Ayurveda. By being actively involved with every aspect of your care, we are able to spend more time with you, learn more about you, your life, and how you live. We can then provide education that is in alignment with your life and your constitution, to help you make better day-to-day choices. You begin to understand how you can exchange foods, activities and ways of thinking that do not match who you are for ones that truly support you and begin to stop the formation of this toxic snowball.
The good news, Panchakarma is as effective today as it was 5000 years ago. Panchakarma can counter these many challenges and be an invaluable aid in keeping us strong, vital and healthy. Panchakarma offers a systemic treatment that cleans and balances every cell in our bodies. Given the proper nutrition and removal of blockages and toxins, the human body will right itself and steer a course to good health.
Why Should I Undergo Pancha-karma Treatment?
Stress, environmental pollutants and poor lifestyle choices create a toxic load on the body that—if left in the tissues and bloodstream—results in poor health.
Panchakarma reverses this degenerative process quickly and its effects are often profound and long-lasting. Panchkarma uses a combination of massage, herbal saunas, special foods and nutritional directives, mild fasting and colon therapies to rid the body of accumulated toxins.
Your personal Panchkarma program begins with a thorough exam by an Ayurvedic Physician, which enables the doctor to recommend a program tailored to your individual health. As your Panchkarma treatments progresses, you will be given a special diet combined with certain herbs and essential oils to use at home. These will help stimulate your liver and digestive organs, helping them to purge toxins.
What Can I Expect?
The Panchakarma cleansing process affects the whole person. Thus, during the program, you may notice changes on mental, physical and emotional levels. Many of our patients experience a “healing crisis.” This is a normal part of the healing process, and may be seen as a beneficial step toward optimal health.
The Healing Crises
A healing crisis occurs when a large quantity of toxins that have been locked in our tissues for years are released into the system for elimination. As these toxins are expelled, you may experience insomnia, heaviness, aching or general discomfort and flu-like symptoms. You may also develop a feverish feeling, which is simply your body’s way of burning up toxic waste. You may notice some emotional mood swings or experience intense feelings. Do not be alarmed—this is both a natural and necessary part of tissue cleansing. Make time to visit with your Ayurvedic Physician or facilitator on a daily basis while undergoing Panchkarma treatments and they will help to walk you through the process.
Completing the PANCHKARMA Cycle
To complete your Panchkarma treatment, you will do a mild fast and special liver purge followed by a specialized rejuvenation program. You will be amazed at your increased energy level and renewed vitality. Periodic Panchkarma treatments, in addition to your individual dietary and exercise routines, will help to prevent disease and maintain optimal health.
Our Commitment to You :
We established Completely authentic panchkarma centre AROGYAM HEALTH RESORT to provide high quality, personalized, compassionate, hands-on health care. We understand the frustration that many people have experienced with the impersonal, hurried healthcare that is all too common today. Providing a safe, comfortable, professional environment for our clients allows us to help each client to actively participate in their health care and also to cultivate the inner awareness that is necessary for good health and piece of mind.
We take the responsibility of the trust you place with us in assisting in your healthcare seriously and personally. Health is everyone’s most precious assets. We will always answer your questions and always encourage your active participation in your healthcare. Know that we want to hear any and all of your concerns, about any areas or issues which cause you to be uncomfortable. We will make every effort to find a positive workable solution.
So, For What You Are Waiting For ?
Schedule an Ayurvedic Consultation and let us create a custom PanchaKarma (rejuvenation) program to address your specific health needs and restore vitality.
Book your dates At AROGYAM HEALTH RESORT : http://www.ayurvedahimachal.com/index.php?page=home
- See more at: http://www.ayurvedahimachal.com/index.php?page=completearticle&&id=84#sthash.tGUQHF4v.dpuf