Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sharmila DarekarYour feedback matters!
What can be used for safe sex without using condoms or pills but with the chance to take baby after 2 or 3 years? Please suggest me.
My friend has stomach pain since 5-6 month. She also has irritation in her stomach always. And during periods, she has started loosing a lot of blood compared to previous and has become very weak. Kindly advice me what to do ?
If your menstruation cycle is 28 days and if this day falls between 14th to 18th day there is good chance of you becoming pregnant. The above line THIS DAY FALLS BETWEEN 14 TO 18TH DAY THERE IS GOOD CHANCE OF YOU BECOMING PREGNANT. Is it mean telling about period day or the day I had sex.
I am in my 9th month of pregnancy. I am suffering cold lightly so please give me suggestion for home remedies.
My mother in law, age near 50 her uterus removed because of some internal problem few years ago. I want to know what should be her diet? She had thyroid also. Her one kidney does not work. Please suggest.
I am 18, my name renu. I am in periods. But I am bleeding lightly. Is it cause from pregnancy or not. Tell me please.
Is there any chance of pregnancy after a short period of two days n very scanty flow for next two days.
Pregnency kit me do line light dikhati hai dark nahi to kya prgnency + hai? Or pregnent na ho tab bhi kit me do line dikha shakti hai?
My wife aged 58 has lost interest in sex. She says this is not the age, we had enough. And I, 65, feel like having at least once a week.
Can you suggest a medicine that can avoid pregnancy after 2 weeks of intercourse? Or suggest a method to know either she is pregnant or not?
My wife is having a problem. Since two days she noticed that a milky white discharge is coming out from her both nipples. We were intimate before 10-12 days without any protection. I want to know that whether she is pregnant or not.
My mother is suffering from typical gout problem. She is 51 years old. Due to this problem she is unable to stand for a longer period. I want to know what kind of foods will help her reduce the pain? She also has high blood pressure and regularly takes medicine for that. Please suggest whether she should intake a cup or two green tea a day?
Hi From past 8 months I have periods problem my periods is irregular it will come 60 day once it's use be delay for week but from 8 moths I am facing this problem please help me with any home made treatment or further treatment and kindly let me know the reason for this problem Thanks Rohini.
I am 42 years old. Trying to conceive but failed. I have two children but one is with my sister. Will I be able to?
A fairly common disorder, which affects the intestines, irritable bowel syndrome affects many adults across the world. If you are suffering from this disorder then you would have problems with bowel movements, mostly the irregularity of it. Sometimes you may suffer from constipation, other times you may suffer from diarrhea and the type of stool will also vary often between thin and hard or soft and liquid.
Common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Some of the common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome or IBS are as follows:
- Constipation or diarrhea, the latter of which can become quite severe during certain episodes
- Gas or bloating which can make you uncomfortable
- Cramping around the stomach area especially the lower belly which tends to become worse after having food and better after bowel movements
- Quality of stools may vary quite a lot from time to time such as very hard to lose
- Stomach may start sticking out and become misshapen
- May also come with sexual as well as urinary problems
Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
The causes for irritable bowel syndrome vary from person to person. This disorder usually has triggers and yours may be different from someone else suffering from the same problems. However some general triggers and causes could be:
- Hormonal problems:This is especially the case with women who tends to suffer From IBS more than men. Hormonal changes in the body such as before and after pregnancy and menopause or periods are known to be common.
- Dietary causes: This is one of the major external triggers that have been reported by people. A variety of foods are known to have triggered or cause IBS. Some of the foods that have been implicated are beans, chocolate, cauliflower, cabbage or milk among many others.
- Underlying illnesses:Sometimes IBS itself may be a symptom of a larger underlying problem such as gastrointestinal disorders, such as bacterial overgrowth and gastroenteritis.
- Mental health and Stress issues:People going through psychological stress such as before exams or reviews have known to have IBS as stress becomes a trigger in their case. If you have mental health issues in the long run, these are also known to trigger or cause IBS.
Some of the treatment options for IBS are:
- Mental health counseling
- Medications for bowel spasms
- Medications for diarrhea or constipation
- Specialized medications for IBS for other underlying conditions