Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sharmila DarekarYour feedback matters!
My wife gave birth to boy baby on 21/3/2015 now she is very weak but from some days she gets tired & she tells when she urinates she feel pain & when she waked after her eyes gets heat & body also please suggest what food should she must eat.
After 1 week of c section delivery I had sex with my husband. I had little bleeding, Will this intercourse leads to another baby formation instantly.
My wife is currently in 7th month pregnancy. We started having intercourse from 3rd month onwards. I was having intercourse weekly once. However now I feel difficult during intercourse due to baby bump. Should we stop now?
I and my partner are above 60 years of age. My partner not allows me to discharge in the vagina due to risk of pregnancy. Due to this I do not get full satisfaction in the game. I would like to know whether is there any risk at this age. Thanks.
All you need to know about infections of the uterus, vagina and cervix
The uterus, vagina and cervix are major components of the female reproductive system. Their functioning impacts the overall growth and health of the female body as well as sexuality.
There are a number of infections and diseases that affect the female reproductive organs. Most cases require clinical care and treatment in consultation with a gynaecologist.
Following are the symptoms of infection in the uterus, cervix or vagina:
- pain or numbness in the pelvic region
- unusual discharge from the vagina
- bleeding during or after intercourse
- pain or burning sensation during urination
- skipped periods
- excessively painful menstrual cramps
- nausea and vomiting
- urinary incontinence
There are three main types of infections that affect the organs of the female reproductive system. They are as follows:
This is an infection that affects the vagina. It occurs when the walls of the vagina get inflamed and irritated. It is caused by bacteria, viruses, yeast, chemicals and even clothing. It often occurs due to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). The different types of infections that occur as vaginitis are yeast infection, viral vaginitis, bacterial vaginitis, trichomoniasis vaginitis, etc.
This infection affects the cervix. Cervicitis can either be acute or chronic in nature, depending upon what causes the cervix to get inflamed. It occurs most commonly due to sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhoea, chlamydia and herpes. This condition is often confused with vaginitis as the two have similar causes and symptoms.
3. Pelvic inflammatory disease
Pelvic inflammatory disease (pid) is a serious infection that affects the uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes. It is caused by sexually transmitted infections like chlamydia and gonorrhoea and can lead to severe complications. It often causes scar tissue to grow between the internal organs and may even lead to ectopic pregnancy. If not properly diagnosed, it can cause infertility and other chronic problems.
Treating the various infections that affect the female reproductive system depends on a number of factors such as nature of the problem, age and medical history of the patient, and the root causes. Early detection and diagnosis ensure effective treatment which makes it important to see a gynaecologist at the onset of symptoms.
My wife and me were planning for a baby and having unprotected sex for last 3 months but she did not conceived as her period starts every month at regular interval normally, we both are healthy and ejaculate normally. Please consult.
I had abortion on 20th july and after I had minor sex on 4th of august the next day I had unwanted 72 its been 12 days. Can I be pregnant? Please help me.
I am six month pregnant. I feel something like pop corn is bursting in my stomach. But from yesterday this symptom is disappeared. Is my baby Okay or not. Or any kind of risk.
Hi Doctor, Im newly married of only one month. We just had only one time unprotected sex. So is it necessary to take pill to avoid pregnancy.
I have lower abdominal pain and lower back pain from 2weeks and my period is missing from last 2 months. Than I take a medicine (mensurol) this month for getting my period, but I get my period for 3 days only. Few days before, my breasts is paining and now it becomes sensitive. What should I do? please help me.
I have question related to pregnancy. What are the chances of pregnancy one don't use safety like condom during sexual intercourse, and ejaculate outside female reproductive part. And is 72 hour pills work after doing above things?
My nipples are damaged while breast feeding with in 10 days. It is in white colour now and having pain in breast. Please advise what I need to do?
Runners’ bodies require special diet including nourishing foods to fuel their muscles and to maintain their energy levels. Eating right foods at right timings greatly helps a runner’s body to perform better and will also reduce the chance of injury. The food should be rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, good fats and quality carbohydrates to fulfill their body requirements.
Here are foods that runners need to include in their diet.
1. Eggs: They are good source of choline, a type of vitamin B, which is essential for normal functioning of cells in the body and to reduce inflammation. Eggs also possess essential amino acids which are needed for speedy recovery.
2. Salmon: Salmon, besides being high in proteins, is the excellent source of omega-3 fats, the essential fats, which improve circulatory and nervous system functions. Also it helps to balance body inflammation system and suppress the disease symptoms of exercise induced diseases.
3. Skimmed milk: Skimmed milk, balanced in carbohydrates and fats, is an ideal post workout for muscle tissues repair and recovery.
4. Berries: Group of berries contain good amounts of antioxidants like anthocyanins which give attractive colors to them and help in restoring micro tears in muscles. They are also good source of vitamin C and potassium which are essential to soothe and treat sore muscles. Berries are also rich in fibers which means healthy digestive duct. These benefits of berries make them a must have foods for runners.
5. Low-fat Yogurt: It is loaded with proteins and calcium. In addition to this, it also provides good bacteria with anti inflammatory properties. These bacteria also help to maintain healthy digestive system.
6. Bananas: Another must-have food for runners are bananas. These energy boosting fruits are loaded with potassium which regulates blood pressure and reduce the risk of strokes in runners.
7. Oatmeal: Filling breakfast of oatmeal provides high quality carbohydrates and high fibers.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Doctor I have check taken pregnancy test twice with kit. I got negative result. Is it confirm that I am nt pregnant? I hve missed my period since 5 days.
I am 5 months pregnant. In my sonography a problem found" Low lying posterior placenta" please guide me or necessary suggestion to overcome the said problem.
Forensic psychiatry is generally identified as a specialized offshoot of psychiatry, dealing with the calculated treatment and evaluation of mentally disordered offenders in secure hospitals, prisons and in the community. This branch of psychiatry requires an indepth understanding and thorough knowledge of the connection between legality and mental health.
Patients of Forensic Psychiatry, generally are affected with personality dysfunctions, mental illness, psychopathic disorders, organic brain damage, learning disability and other conditions, such as histories of abuse and traumatic experiences as well as substance abuse and misuse.
Nature of the work
The most important prerequisite of this branch of psychiatry is a secure and safe environment where the subjects are liable to legal restrictions. Evaluation and assessment may vary from highly secured hospitals and prisons to low secure units and community based services. Forensic psychiatrists must have a thorough knowledge of civil, criminal and case law because of their frequent dealings with criminal justice agencies and the courts.
An important component of Forensic Psychiatry is risk assessment and evaluation. Forensic psychiatrists must be fluent and adept at handling patients during emergencies or routine situations. Moreover, they should be calm, composed and professional in their dealings, especially with patients who display instability or violent and aggressive behavior.
The probation service, the prison service and the courts generally rely on forensic psychiatrists for expert advice, precisely because of their familiarity with preparing reports for mental health review tribunals and criminal justice agencies.
- Quintessentially, the obligatory role of a forensic psychiatrist requires:
- Ability to treat others with understanding and respect
- Ability to work flexibly
- Emotional resilience along with the ability to empathize with patients
- Anticipation and an inherent initiative to work in challenging situations
- Good communication skills
- A scientific and analytic approach and assessment
- Good leadership qualities