Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sharayu A GholeYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. I have very irregular periods. I comes 2-3 weeks late than expected date. My Gynac told me that my uterus opening is very very small. And I need to undergo small surgery. What is this surgery exactly. Can this problem be solved with this surgery?
I am 25 yrs female. I missed my last period which usually comes in middle of month n thick white vaginal discharge is present some day. Even feeling tired, loss of appetite, irritable and warm body this days. I hope I am not pregnant or have gynecological problem.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
The inability to give birth through the natural way is caused due to complications like: blocked fallopian tubes, unexplained infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS, endometriosis: where parts of the womb lining grow out of the womb, premature ovarian failure and so on.
If you or your partner is having trouble conceiving, you should opt for in vitro fertilization. It holds benefits like-
1. High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female’s ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
2. Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
3. Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child.
IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life.
I have a periods problem. Last month I got periods and it lasted for almost 3 weeks. And with few days gap I got periods again. It lasted for almost 2 weeks and with one day gap I got periods again. I have lots of tensions. Is this periods problem because of this. Should I consult a doctor. Which doctor should I consult and what all the test should I do ?
There are many things we do in our daily routine that can have various repercussions. The state of our skin is one of these. Starting from what we eat to how we shower and what kind of a skin care regimen we follow, there are a variety of factors that can affect the way our skin behaves. So are you showering the right way? Find out the best way to shower if you want healthy and glowing skin that retains its elasticity for a longer time.
- Turn it to Cold: Did you know that standing under hot water for too long can actually rob your skin of its moisture and make it look shrivelled? That’s right, the temperature of the water can actually make your skin good or bad. So turn the knob for a cold shower and enjoy an energetic shower, which will leave your skin looking dewy fresh. The water should not be completely cold, as harsh temperatures can have the same effect as extremely hot water. Instead, make sure that you find the perfect room temperature or luke warm setting with which you can shower every day.
- Showerhead: This may come as a surprise to you. Your showerhead actually determines the health of your skin. This showerhead is usually packed with dirt and grime that we know nothing about. Showering with this dirty showerhead can actually lead to a host of health issues in the long run including a slowdown of your immune system, as per the views of many doctors. So unscrew the showerhead and give it a good rinse in a mug of hot water. Use a toothbrush to easily dislodge the loose dirt and the grime that may have settled in layers. Take special care of the tiny jets, which should not get damaged in your cleaning spree!
- Shampoo and Conditioner: Remember to lather your locks in the right way by diluting the shampoo a little before spreading it evenly over the rest of your scalp. You should also do the same for your conditioner and let it stand for a few minutes before you wash it off.
- Exfoliation: Keep this activity to a minimum to avoid excessive abrasion of the skin. Use soft foam on a daily basis and keep the exfoliation to a minimum with one or two sessions a week.
- Cleansing: While the bar soap is the cleanest option, the loofah is not. So, if you are using a loofah on a daily basis, you will have to clean it up properly before you hang it to dry. Also, ensure that your bathroom has plenty of ventilation so that it may dry properly before your next use.
I have irregular periods problem. I had pcod problem , I took medicine for 6 months. After that Pcod cleared. But I didn't get my periods regularly. While I took medicine I'll get periods else I won't get periods. My weight is increasing. But I don't have thyroid problem. Can you suggests me what to do get my periods regularly?
Sir I have a intercourse with my gf in last month 20th and on that tym she was passed her periods on week ago. But during intercourse I think I release my sperm outside but now her periods were not happening. She feels pain in her stomach as like during her periods but menses not occurring wht should I do. According to her the tym period for her menses is completed but she will not having her menses. Please help me immediately.
Brain mapping is a technique where the biological quantities of a human brain are represented as spatial quantities resulting in maps. As with many other medical technologies, brain mapping is fast-evolving as well. Among several uses, brain mapping is chiefly used while performing surgery on the brain.
When surgery is to be performed on the brain such as surgery for epilepsy, the surgeon would want to comprehend how the brain areas are affected by seizures. The surgical intervention is meant for removing as much as seizure focus as possible while preserving crucial functions like understanding, speech, vision, movement, and sensation.
Why is brain mapping performed?
Brain mapping is a process which helps in identification of functions of various parts of the brain. Mapping the brain by stimulating different areas of the brain areas can aid in creating a map for a particular person. The map allows the doctor in understanding what parts of the brain are responsible for performing critical functions including sensation, movement, speech and other functions.
Which functions of the brain can be mapped electrically?
Typical areas of the brain which have motor, language, visual and sensory functions are needed to be mapped. When current is applied to a single area at a time, the doctor understands which part of the brain is responsible for which function.
When the patient is not able to speak due to the current, then the area is likely to be crucial for language function. If the limbs, face or trunk of the patient stop moving as the current passes, the area that is tested is responsible for movement. On the other hand, if the individual experiences tingling, numbing, and other sensations when the current is applied, it means that a sensory region is discovered.
How is electrical brain mapping performed?
Electrical brain mapping for guiding brain surgery for epilepsy can be performed in two distinct processes: directly during the surgery or in a two-stage procedure.
In the first stage of the process, the surgeon creates an opening in the skull which helps in exposing the surface of the brain. Small electrical contacts or electrodes are placed on the brain surface even though no brain tissue is removed. As soon as the electrodes are in the right position, the scalp is closed. The electrodes not only record the seizure of the patient electrically but also allow mapping of various areas of the brain. The last stage is surgery where abnormal brain tissues are removed.
Brain mapping process during surgery:
Electrical brain mapping may also be performed during the surgery which exposes part of the brain. This is termed as intraoperative brain mapping since it occurs while performing the main operation. The process of mapping may last for an hour to several hours at a stretch.
Brain mapping is also used to diagnose neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. In these cases, the brain map shows extreme shrinkage of the brain due to tissue loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
गुडूची, दारूहल्दी, रसौत, त्रिफला, पीपल, लोध्र, बेलपत्र, मुलहठी, समुद्रफेन, निर्मली, पुनर्नवामूल, शतावरी, नीम, असगंध, चोपचीनी, शहद, गोघृत, मक्खन, मिश्री, इत्यादि का इस्तेमाल शरीर की प्रकृति - वात पित्त कफ के अनुसार करें।
I am 32years I am trying to conceive. Once I got conceive in 2014jan but due to my back nerve pain. I did abortion. It happened without proper knowledge. Now when I went to doctor here in goa. The doctor told me to take come 25 mg from third day of periods I took for five days. As my periods are regular in 26th or 27th day. So I took in Feb and then on ovulation study my left side ovary egg was in 22mm then doc said to take injection for rapture and I took the injection and me and hus met on this ovulation day. Later after the raptured happened on 15th day of my cycle I took duphaston tablet. And to my surprise I got my periods on 32 day I was so happy when on 27th day I dint got my period. But normally I get blood sporting before 3 to 4 days before periods. So then again doc said that on 7th March which is my first day of my period. Then I take come 25 mg on third day 9th to 13th the come 25 mg. Then on 12th day I went check my ovulation study then my left ovary egg was 32mm. I have no idea I informed to doctor he said to take injection for rapture and I took the injection and on 15th day when I went to check the rapture in evaluation study doc said my rapture is not happened and my left ovary egg 32mm. Then my doc said to not to plan for the child for 2 months. Then he told me to take novelon tablets to on 4th day of period. And to take ovabless. To my surprise I got my period on 29th March again which 23rd day. Please tell me what happening with me. Doc said to try normally coz my egg is realising normally so no need to any medication. Then y I dint conceive on March.. Doc said if in normal way on MAY month I don't conceive then he want to do hcg test. And I heard that hcg test is very painful. Please help. If there is any blockage and then how come ovulation took place every month. Please help me doctor. I am very desperate and depressed to have baby. Does without pain can this hcg test can happen. Please help me.
Dr. meri shadi ko 2 saal hone wale h or abhi tak koi baccha nhi h maine acche Dr. ko dikhaya mere or mere pati ki sabhi reports normal h last test eggs ka hua jisme pta chala K mere eggs badhte nhi h 9-10 mm tak he pahunch pate h 18 ve din tak medicine li koi improvement nhi hua Fostine naam ka 1299 mrp ka ek injection b lga tab b eggs nhi badha me kya karu Dr. jisse mera eggs badhe or me conceive kr saki please kuch btaye.
If someone is pregnant we should do sex in pregnancy or not If yes then how many month we can do We should do sex with condom or without condom.
Hi sir my last period date 15 october and this month today means 13 november I am period so can be possible pregnancy?
Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) is an extreme type of morning sickness. It is a pregnancy related queasiness and additionally painful at times. It can stop proper intake of food and other nourishments in your system which would affect the growing baby within, as well. Affecting around one to three percent of ladies, HG can lead to weight reduction, lack of healthy food intake and dehydration. In extreme cases, it can lead to unnatural birth cycle and, it can at times, be lethal.
Certain reasons can expand a woman’s odds of having serious morning sickness during pregnancy. Notwithstanding, having a family history of the condition, the following can put a woman at risk:
- The conceiving amount (twins, triplets, and so on.)
- History of motion sickness in general
- A headache or migraines with nausea
The queasiness or nausea can be so extreme at times that it can affect both, the mother as well as the baby. The powerlessness to not being able to eat the proper nourishment makes it difficult for the woman to meet her health and nutrient needs. Subsequently, she may get weaker. Furthermore, lost liquids, combined with the loss of stomach acid that happens during pregnancy, can bring about the lack of hydration and cause a complicated pregnancy.
In case a woman does not get treatment, it can bring about numerous complexities, including organ failure and the untimely birth of the infant. It is critical to talk to the specialist if a pregnant woman has any of the following indications:
- Sickness that continues throughout the day, making it difficult to eat or drink
- Vomiting that happens three to four times each day or losing one’s appetite
- Vomit that has blood or dashes of blood in it
- Weight reduction
- Black out or unsteadiness
- Diminished urine
- Fast heart rate
- Continuous migraine
- Parched mouth
- Extreme weakness
Medications that are normally used for morning sickness, for example, eating dry saltines in the morning might be suggested for women with extreme morning sickness. Treatments for this condition may include:
- A brief time of not eating by mouth to rest the gastrointestinal framework
- Intravenous (IV) liquids
- Vitamin and nourishing supplements
In case it is extreme, the pregnant lady might get a prescription to stop the vomiting, either by mouth or through an IV. The specialist may suggest eating foods with ginger or taking vitamin B6 supplements to mitigate sickness. The following can likewise offer assistance:
- Following a bland diet
- Eating regular little meals
- Drinking a lot of liquids when not feeling nauseous
- Staying away from hot and greasy foods
- Eating high-protein snacks
- Staying away from tactile boosts that can act as triggers
Therefore, morning sickness or vomiting is not always to be taken lightly during pregnancy. One should always consult a specialist when going through the same in an extreme way.
I am 25 years old my periods are irregular from stat some time 15 days late and some time perfect time or 2 to 3 months I had a baby girl 1. 5 years old she was born 2. 7 kg. Is this affect my second child.
My age is 18 now. I'm a male. My breast goes a little bit increasing tell ways to stop increasing breast.
4 Proven ways of getting rid of dark circles
If your eyes have dark circles under them, then it surely points towards an unhealthy and hectic lifestyle. Dark circles not only have a negative effect on your appearance, but are also an indication of various underlying health problems such as poor sleeping patterns, allergies to certain foods or substances, asthma and anaemia to name a few. However, the good news is that you can easily get rid of dark circles and under eye puffiness by following a few simple remedies.
1. Cover your eyelids with cucumber or potato slices for a few minutes daily
Cucumber is known to be a natural skin lightening agent and even acts as a mild astringent (substances that cause body tissues to shrink), helping in removing dark circles. Moreover, applying cucumber on your eyes will give you a soothing and rejuvenated feeling. On the other hand, potatoes have bleaching properties, which make them effective against dark circles and puffiness of the eyes.
Directions: Slice a fresh cucumber and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover your eyelids with the thick slices and let them remain there for 10 minutes. Use cool water to rinse the area around your eyes. Do this two times a day for about a week.
Alternatively, you can use potato slices in the same way for your eyes. The only difference is that you don’t need to chill the potatoes.
2. Try soothing your eyes using cool tea bags
Tannin is an active ingredient of tea, which is known for eliminating skin discoloration. Moreover, application of cold tea bags over closed eyes reduces fatigue and cools your eyes. You can use them one or two times every day for a few weeks to eliminate dark circles completely.
Directions: Take 2 tea bags and soak them in water. Keep them in the refrigerator for some time till they get chilled. Put one tea bag on each eye and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse your eyes after removing the tea bags.
Tip: For best results use chamomile or green tea bags.
3. Ensure that your facial muscles get some exercise daily
Exercising your facial muscles regularly helps in accelerating the body’s natural blood flow, thereby improving your skin tone and removing dark circles and puffiness of the eyes.
Directions: Gently start massaging the area around your eyes with the tips of your fingers using circular movements. Continue by proceeding towards the top of your eyebrows. Move your fingers under your eyes and at the upper portion of your cheekbones. Then gently stroke the area under your eyes with your index fingers. Repeat the entire process 4 times.
Dark circles are often caused by factors like chronic stress and a hectic lifestyle. Practicing yoga and meditation regularly helps in beating dark circles as it reduces stress by keeping your body, mind and soul calm. Moreover, meditation relaxes you completely and ensures a healthy lifestyle, which further diminishes the prominence of dark circles.