Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shalaka Shimpi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shalaka ShimpiYour feedback matters!
Hello my periods started on 11th of may and on 22nd of may I have sex with my husband will I get pregnant? I am having 40 days of Cycle period.
Making love during pregnancy is a safe bet and can be carried on till one’s water breaks. Studies in the past have shown that a normal pregnancy is not related to infections and miscarriages. It has also been established that sex during pregnancy is not related to premature birth. On the contrary, a good sex life during pregnancy helps to reduce mood swings and keeps a woman healthy and cheerful. Here are five facts that you should know about sex during pregnancy:
- Does sex harm the baby? The womb is protected by the thick muscles of the uterus and the amniotic sac. Furthermore, the cervix is safeguarded by the mucus plug. These ensure that the baby doesn’t get hurt while making love. In the midst of an orgasm, if you get a feeling that the baby is moving, it happens primarily because of the heart pounding faster. This being said, you might have to skip sex in the following cases:
- How does sex feel during pregnancy? While an increased flow of blood in the pelvic region heightens the lovemaking experience for many, some complain that it leaves them with a bad feeling. There is yet another segment of women who complaints of a less powerful orgasm during pregnancy. At times pregnant women might feel pain if the penetration is deep. Even abdominal cramps are not uncommon during this condition. To sum up, the feeling of sex greatly varies from individual to individual.
- Is a complete lack of sex normal during pregnancy? Yes, it is absolutely normal. Many women suffer from nausea and tiredness during the first three months of pregnancy, limiting their urge for sex. At times pregnancy hormones become responsible for the libido. But, mostly it is the state of mind of an individual that becomes a barrier. Women suffering from relationship issues are the ones who suffer from a lack of sex.
- Does your husband’s libido suffer too? It is not uncommon, to say the least. Some of the common apprehension that a male partner suffers from include the following:
- Fear of hurting the wife
- Apprehension about the baby’s health
- The consciousness of making love in the child’s presence
- Apprehensions about upcoming parenthood
- Is there any risk involved in oral sex? Absolutely none, oral sex is considered to be one of the safest of sex options during pregnancy. If the fear of hurting the wife looms large, it is the best way to express one’s love. However, it should be ensured that your husband does not blow air in the vagina. This might lead to blood vessel blockage.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Mam pcod ki sikayat hai. Kya isme egg healthy nhi aata kya. Mai normal weight hu. Or age 25 wgt 53 kg .mujhe period miss hote the to gyno. Ko dikhaya to unhone period k 15 day se dydrogestrone khane ko diya 10 din tk. Kya mai pregnant ho sakti hu .is medicine k lene se meri ovulation ho payegi.
I'm from Hyderabad studying in Chennai. Six month before I'm got friendship from Tamil girl, married one year before her husband working as asst professor. Two month before she asked me sex and explained that she did get any sexual relationship from her husband. Due to this I tried sex with her. Till now I conduct with her 17 times. Now she got pregnant. Kindly clarify me it is possible with this short period.
Tea is an addiction for many, and luckily not the worst one to have. A cup of hot tea in the morning and another one in the afternoon is more than enough to get you through the rest of the day. It is not only beneficial but also recommended. If taken in moderate amounts, this comforting beverage has some remarkable benefits.
Benefits of drinking tea-
- Tea can hydrate your body and can be beneficial especially when one suffers from diarrhea and needs fluids in the body.
- Some teas contain ingredients such as herbs like cascara and senna, which have natural laxative properties and may help in relieving constipation.
- Black and green tea contains essential oils and polyphenols that may aid digestion by stimulating the gastric acids thus reducing flatulence and negative digestive symptoms such as diarrhea and vomiting.
- A cup of rose tea in the morning stimulates your body’s production of bile, which aids in the digestion of food. It works as a mild laxative and is often used as an effective natural remedy for constipation.
- The antioxidants in tea can help the body to fight cancer of the colon, stomach, small intestine, pancreas and liver.
But, having bed-tea, first thing in the morning - is it a healthy practice that most Indian households possess? Yes, most of you are habituated to have bed-tea as soon as you wake up. You love to start your day with a piping hot cup. Though it is a great way to soothe your soul, relax your mind, makes a wonderful beverage to enjoy with friends, perfect welcome drink to guests, however, is it really a good idea to kick-start your morning with tea? Think again!
Well, this is just NOT an ideal way to begin your day - both for your body and your teeth. Your oral cavity and hygiene contribute a lot towards your health and overall well-being. Here are reasons to avoid morning bed-tea.
Reasons why you should not drink tea in the morning-
- Drinking tea, in the morning can cause stomach inflammation and it may lead to infection and feeling of nausea.
- Drinking tea can affect the bile juice secretion in your stomach and can also cause nausea and nervousness because of the empty stomach.
- Tea increases the level of acid in the stomach. Gulping down a cup of hot tea would mean washing down bacteria from your mouth and sending them down to your gut can upset your stomach.
- When tea washes down bacteria from mouth to the gut, it interferes with the functioning of the good bacteria and might cause problems in metabolism, disrupting the acid-alkaline balance in the stomach. This may result in constipation.
- A chemical in tea known as theophylline has a dehydrating effect on stools passing through the intestines, resulting in constipation.
So, drink your way to good health... avoid morning your tea in bed and stay healthy! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My periods got late 15 days. I am not pregnant. please suggest me some medicine for immediate and suggest me treatment also. Because facing it often.
1) Oral sex and anal sex are 100% safe
Yes, to your surprise, it is a sex myth and the truth is that all sexually transmitted diseases that are transferred through unprotected vaginal sex can also be caught through all kinds of anal or oral sex. Medical science has proved that there are more chances of catching an STD infection through unprotected anal sex as compared with oral or vaginal sex.
2) First time sex will not make you pregnant
You can never foresee when odds are against you so you should not take the risk. A woman is as likely to conceive with first time sex as she will do anytime in her later life provided she does so in her fertile days.
3) Having sex during periods will never make you pregnant
Logically speaking, there are no chances of getting pregnant when you have your periods but if someone has a longer cycle or bleeds between the periods, it is quite possible. Moreover, when a woman has a short cycle and she has sex by last two to three days of her menstrual cycle, she can conceive because sperms will stay in her body for up to 72 hours.
4) Two condoms work better than one
One condom is enough to get the job done and there is no need to use two. In America, they test each latex condom for holes before packing it to the box. Regular and correct use of condoms will save you from many sexually transmitted diseases and other sex consequences.
5) Drinking alcohol guarantees better performance in bed
No, this is not true because alcohol takes out your ability to make sensible decisions and you can make risky choices. When you’re drunk, you can decide to have sex with someone you don’t want otherwise. It will not spice up the experience rather it can give you regrets.