Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shailaja DeodharYour feedback matters!
I am married female having dry vagina from last 3 days although my thyroid and uric acid test Are normal having problem in sexual life and also feel etching I am using clean and dry wash What to do to ease my life please suggest some remedies.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian medicine system, which believes that an individual’s overall health and well-being is a mix of physical and emotional health, achieved through a balance between the three doshas, vaata, pitta, and kapha. An imbalance between these three doshas results in diseases. Different diseases have predominance of one of these doshas. So prevention and cure of disease should be aimed at restoring the balance between the three doshas. Ayurvedic approaches, therefore, are very comprehensive, not just aimed at curing the presenting symptom, but also in restoring balance of the mind, body, and the environment.
The treatment approach goes back to basics, taking into account natural ways of living, which helps in rejuvenation, detoxification, bio-purification, and improved immunity. This is achieved by a combination of healthy eating, yoga, meditation, herbal oils and mixtures, Panchakarma massages, etc.
- Ayurveda believes in eating healthy. The various meals in a day should not be based on cravings, but on what the body requires and can digest. While the morning meal should be heavy, the dinner should be light and at least a couple of hours before sleep.
- Eat intelligent by including a lot of seasonal stuff, nuts, spices, seeds, leafy greens, and fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid canned, processed, and packaged food. Also there are specific food items aimed at restoring balance of vaata, pitta, or kapha, as the case maybe.
- Maintain a regular sleep pattern, which allows the body to align with the circadian rhythm and clear itself of impurities.
- Using common spices like turmeric, ginger, garlic, cloves, etc. to restore balances is also popular in Ayurveda. Various herbs are used either as churnas, powders, or oils to cure different conditions. These help in restoring the balance between the three doshas and prevent further disease. Oils used in Panchakarma and other therapies are also useful in detox and bio-purification. The mixtures are known as Rasayanas and are highly beneficial in detoxification and improving immunity.
- Avoid habits like smoking and drinking and drug abuse. These cause excessive toxins and stress and impair overall health in multiple ways.
- Ayurveda also believes in yoga (Surya Namaskar, Pranayama, etc.) and meditation to calm the mind and manage stress, which can help avoid a lot of lifestyle diseases, be it heart disease, diabetes or insomnia.
Ayurveda, as mentioned above, does not address the presenting symptom alone, but looks at an individual holistically and treats the person as a whole. The result is slowing of ageing process, feeling of rejuvenation, longer life, improved quality of living, and slowing onset of diseases. With lifestyle disorders on the rise, adapting an Ayurvedic lifestyle will help in prevention of disorders and an overall well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 24 year old female I have irregular mensuration cycles from last september my periods got extended up to one month which led to weakness and stress with heavy bleeding. I have done my lower abdominal sonography last year october and all things are absolutely normal kindly give me valuable suggestions and solutions. Thank you.
I am married my periods are 17 days late I have cyst in right ovary I have done the pregnancy test many times but it is coming negative. I have done intercourse also. What to do in this situation?
Q: kya urine infection k baad muje pregnancy ho skti h .ovulation k baad se mene 4 din tak conceive kiya tha fir muje infection hogya but ab thik hogya h.
Vaginal itching is an uncomfortable and sometimes painful symptom that is often caused by irritating substances, treatable and preventable infections, or menopause. In rare cases, itching may occur due to stress or can be a sign of vulvar cancer. Your gynecologist can determine the cause of your itching through an examination and testing. He or she will then be able to recommend appropriate treatments for this uncomfortable symptom.
Through good hygiene and a healthy diet, you can avoid most causes of vaginal itching.
Home Care for Vaginal Itching
To prevent vaginal irritation and infection, there are several steps you can take at home.
Avoid using feminine hygiene products, as these can cause irritation.
Avoid scented soaps, lotions, and bubble baths.
When exercising or swimming, change out of wet or damp clothing immediately afterward.
Wear cotton underwear, which is breathable and will keep you dry.
Eat yogurt with live cultures to reduce the chance of getting yeast infections.
If you are diabetic, take steps to control your blood sugar.