Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shailaja DeodharYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old female mother of 2 kids I had delivered 7 months back and I am breastfeeding my baby till now. I have still not got my periods n I feel that I am pregnant again however I have not done any home test is there any chances of pregnancy with breastfeeding?
It's 6 month started of my wife she is pregnant the problem is that my wife always complaining me for back pain she says that every time her back is paining and also it's 6 month and she says that she not feels any movement in there so what's the matter why she not feeling any movement of baby We are so tensed for this Pls help.
I am 29 years old female. I need to loose 8 kgs in 10 days. I gained a lot of weight after my delivery 2 years ago. Please suggest how can I reduce it ?
Diet is an important part of any person's life as food that goes in your body is what replenishes the resources lost in a day's work. The wrong kind of food will have adverse effects on the body in all sorts of ways, and that holds especially true for nursing mothers.
A mother, after carrying a baby to a full term, has to go through many hormonal and physical changes, which can be very stressful. After childbirth comes one of the other most important phases i.e. nursing and it is important to ensure that the mother gets proper nutrition during this phase. This is because it is the mother's milk that provides the baby with the required nutrients for growth as well as to build and immune system, which is why it is very important for a nursing mother to have a proper diet.
Let's look at some of the food items that should be consumed during this time:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables - These are important during the nursing period for the mother as she needs to supplement important minerals in her body such as calcium and iron. Green, leafy vegetables are a must.
- Dairy products low in fat - As the mother's body produces milk, certain minerals get drained quicker than others and a direct supplement for them would be dairy products. However, it is important to ensure that their fat content is low as this can add cholesterol and thus, may adversely affect the health of the mother.
- Lean meats - Lean meats are a great source of protein that can supplement many of the minerals and nutrients. However, rich meat-based foods and heavy red meat should be avoided. Chicken in roasted form or tikka form is also healthy proteins that can be consumed 2 - 3 times a week. Fish, especially Salmon fish, is also a healthy and rich source of omega-3 as well as high in protein.
- Legumes - Legumes are a great source of iron, which is an extremely important mineral for a nursing mother. This is also an alternative for vegetarians. Legumes are not only a rich source of iron, they are also high in protein and helps the mother to stay fit and energetic to be able to take on the additional responsibility of her new-born baby.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I have irregularities in periods, what is the treatment for it? Please suggest some helpful tips for stomach pain also?
I'm 5 month pregnant lady now how to take care about my health as well as baby health. Food changes and Etc?
My wife's left breast removed & 6 chemotherapy and 25 radiations given in cmc vellore (Tamilnadu). Now OK and taking Nolvadex 20 mg daily. Please tell whether intercourse can be done now and what will be the consequences thereof . If yes then how many times in a week. Please tell.
डेंगू वायरसजनित बीमारी है। ये बीमारी मच्छर से फैलती है और इसका सबसे पहला लक्षण तेज बुखार है। इस बीमारी के दौरान शरीर की प्लेटलेट्स कम हो जाती हैं। डेंगू एडीज नाम के मच्छर से फैलता है। हर साल बरसात के महीने में ये बीमारी फैलती है, जिसमें हजारों लोगों की जान चली जाती है।
डॉक्टर बताते हैं किम शरीर में 1 मिली खून में 30-40 हजार प्लेटलेट्स होती हैं। ये प्लेटलेट्स रोज नष्ट होती हैं और रोज बनती रहती हैं। डेंगू होने पर शरीर के काम करने की गतिे धीमी पड़ जाती है, जिससे प्लेटलेट्स बनने की गतिी भी धीमी हो जाती है। ऐसे में शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता भी गिरने लगती है। डेंगू का मच्छर ज्यादातर दिन में काटता है और ये साफ पानी में फैलता है। मादा एडीज कूलर, ड्रम, टंकी और गमलों में इकट्ठे पानी में अंडे देती है, यहीं से डेंगू फैलता है।
डेंगू के लक्षण
एडीज मच्छर के काटने के बाद डेंगू का वायरस शरीर में पहुंच जाता है। इस बीमारी का मुख्य लक्षण तेज बुखार होता है। इसके बाद सिर दर्द, जोड़ों और मांसपेशियों मे भी दर्द होता है। शरीर पर लाल चकत्ते भी दिखाई पड़ते हैं। इसके अलावा उल्टी, दस्त, पेट में दर्द, कमजोरी और भूख न लगना भी डेंगू के लक्षण हैं।
डेंगू का इलाज
1. डेंगू में नीम, तुलसी, गिलोय, पिप्पली, पपीते की ताजी पत्तियों का रस, गेंहू की बालि यों का रस, आंवला और एलोविरा का रस पीने से फायदा मिलता है। रस से शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ती है और प्लेटलेट्स के निर्माण में तेजी आती है।
2. पपीते की पत्ती:
डेंगू में प्लेटलेट्स की रिकवरी के लिए पपीते की ताजी पत्तियों के रस को बहुत उपयोगी माना जाता है। इस रस को बनाने के लिए कुछ पत्तों को पानी से अच्छी तरह धोकर पीस लें। ध्यान रखें, पत्तिीयां नई उगी हुई ताजी हों। इन पत्तियों के अर्क को दिन में दो-तीन चम्मच डेंगू के मरीज को पिलाएं। ये शरीर से टॉक्सिन बाहर निकालता है साथ ही प्लेटलेट्स की मात्री तेजी से बढ़ती है।
3. गिलोय का काढ़ा:
25 ग्राम ताजी गिलोय का तना लेकर कूट लें, 5-6 तुलसी के पत्ते और 3-4 काली मिर्च पीसकर 1 लीटर पानी में उबालें। पानी को तब तक उबालें जब तक ये 250 मिली न रह जाए। इसे तीन हिस्सों में बांट लें। डेंगू फैलने पर ये काढ़ा पि्एं इसे वायरल इन्फेक्शन के बचाव के लिसए इस्तेमाल किया जाता है।
तुलसी की पत्तियां हर तरह के वायरल में लाभकारी होती हैं। इसकी पत्तियों को चाय में डालकर रोजाना पीने से वायरल से बचाव होता है। डेंगू के मरीज को पानी में तुलसी की पत्ती उबालकर दें, इससे शरीर को रोग से लड़ने की ताकत मिलती है।अनार और चुकंदर का जूस- डेंगू के मरीज के लिीए अनार और चुकंदर का जूस लाभकारी होता है। अनार खून की कमी को दूर करता है।
एलोविरा का जूस प्रतिरोधक शक्ति बढ़ाता है और पाचन शक्ति ठीक रखता है। डेंगू होने पर मरीज को एलोविरा का जूस या नेक्टर (मकरंद) दें, ये शरीर को शक्तिे प्रदान करता है।
आंवले में विटामिन सी होता है, ये शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ाता है। वहीं शरीर में पहुंचकर लौह तत्व का ज्यादा अवशोषण करता है, जिससे खून बढ़ता है।
ये सारे उपाय डेंगू के लक्षणों को कंट्रोल करने के लि।ए हैं, आराम न मिलने की स्थिपतिा में डॉक्टर का परामर्श जरूर लें।
डेंगू से बचाव
डेंगू से मुकाबला करना मुश्किल है और इसके वायरस के संक्रमण के बाद तेजी से प्लेटलेट्स गिरती हैं। इस स्थि ति् में संभलने का वक्त नहीं मिलता। इसलिबए इससे बचाव रखना भी बेहद जरूरी है।
1. ध्यान रखें कि घर में कहीं भी पानी इकट्ठा न हो। सफाई का खास खयाल रखें।
2. कूलर वगैरह का पानी वक्त पर बदलते रहें और कूलर साफ करें। जहां भी पानी इकट्ठा हो रहा हो उसमें मिट्टी का तेल डाल दें ताकि अंडे विकसित न हो सकें।
3. गमलों में भी पानी इकट्ठा न होने दें। मिट्टी नम रखें बाकी पानी गिरा दें।
4. बर्तन धोने वाली जगह पर भी पानी न इकट्ठा होने दें। हो सके तो बर्तनों को उलटा करके रखें।
5. घर में मच्छर मारने के उपाय करें। नीम की पत्तियां जलाएं, मॉसक्वीटो रिपेलेंट लगाएं और मच्छरदानी लगाकर सोएं। बच्चों को भी पूरे कपड़े पहनाकर सुलाएं और दिन के वक्त खासकर मच्छर भगाने के इंतजाम रखें।
6. कपूर के धुएं से भी मच्छर भागते हैं, कपूर को दिये में रखकर जलाएं और हर कमरें धुआं करें। अगर घर में किसी को डेंगू हो गया हो तो विशेष ध्यान रखें।
I didn't get periods so I had taken two days gynaset tablet morning and night three days over I did get period still now.
Menopause is characterized as the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule i.e. as early as 30s or as late as the 60s. There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Here are a few ways in which menopause affects a woman’s body:
- Skin: Consequences of menopause include dryness, loss of flexibility, thinning of the skin and expanded wrinkling. These symptoms result in poor recovery from injuries, hair loss and pigmentary changes. Unwanted hair growth and acne may likewise happen. Wrinkling is caused by excessive smoking and sun exposure. One should stay away from smoking and sun exposure.
- Hair: Hormonal changes incorporate hirsutism (undesirable facial hair) or alopecia. Most ordinarily noted is the loss of scalp hair. Lower leg, pubic and axillary hair loss may also take place. Hirsutism is commonly noted on the face. Oral Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) may control facial hair in a few ladies. Medicines for expanded facial hair incorporate suing depilatory creams, delicate techniques for hair removal, laser treatment andante-testosterone medicines. Scalp alopecia might be treated with minoxidil.
- Teeth: Menopause has been a cause for various dental/oral issues, including dry mouth and desquamative gingivitis. IHRT might be of advantage as a consequence of the part it plays in influencing oral bone and preventing the loss of teeth. The impacts of HRT seem to incorporate a reduction in bleeding and enhancing the flow of saliva.
- Vulva and vagina: The genital tract is exceptionally dependent on estrogen and body changes during the menopausal time and post-menopause may incorporate vaginal and vulvar dryness. Vulval dryness may worsen other vulval skin conditions (e.g. dermatitis) bringing about aggravation. Staying away from cleansers and body washes on the vulva can dial down the aggravation and dryness. Contrasting options to cleanser incorporate sorbolene with glycerine or low-aggravation purifying balms and lotions.
- Bladder: Urinary frequency and cystitis are very common around the time of menopause. Local estrogen creams may enhance incontinence in the short term, however, don't seem to do as such after treatment is stopped. Treatment for incontinence includes physiotherapy and even surgery.
- Joints and muscles: Joint and muscle pain are regular symptoms during menopause. Exercise is vital to get rid of these side effects. Joint and muscle pain may improve with the utilization of HRT.
- Weight changes: Between ages 45 and 55, ladies will gain a large portion of a kilo a year. This weight gain cannot be blamed on menopause entirely. The changes in hormonal status are connected with expanded body and stomach fat. This weight addition is connected with increased cardiovascular and metabolic hazard and changes in quality of life and sexual functioning.
- Lifestyle measures: Your diet and eating routine need to be established to keep up a solid body weight and to have a healthy lifestyle.
Marriage life now 2 years completed . Both of us health is Good as per test (HSG, Semen) Both tubes are clear for. My Wife. Sperm count around 60millions for me. For me motility is little bit. Lower 15 instead 17. For that I'm taking tablets . What need to do for Improve the motility / Sperm counts ? Is that Homeopathy cures infertility? What is exact date of IC after period. How to identify ovulation day.
There are many essential oils that have positive effects on your skin, including lavender, ylang ylang, juniper, chamomile, neroli, jojoba, frankincense, rosehip seed and juniper berry, essential oils, among others. Offering a huge range of antioxidant, anti-aging, astringent, moisturizing, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating properties, each of these oils has a different composition of active ingredients, giving them a unique set of benefits for your skin!
List of best essential oils to stop acne and improve your skin:
- Frankincense oil – This ancient essential oil has numerous antioxidants that can improve skin elasticity, while also reducing the appearance of scars, stretch marks and blemishes. It can also stimulate the growth of new cells, speeding up the repair process for damaged or inflamed areas of skin.
- Jojoba oil – With high levels of vitamin e, vitamin b, copper and zinc, this essential oil is excellent for moisturizing the skin and stimulating healing. Vitamin e is a common ingredient in many different skin products, and functions as an antioxidant, removing signs of aging; such as wrinkles, blemishes and age spots, while also forming a natural layer of oil that locks in moisture.
- Tea tree oil–The antimicrobial and antibacterial nature of tea tree oil makes it an excellent essential oil for eliminating acne symptoms and improving the appearance of your body’s largest organ. A great deal of research has been done on the subject, and it shows that patients using tea tree oil have much lower occurrences of acne breakouts and the existing lesions from past acne breakouts can be notably reduced by using this powerful oil.
- Ylang ylang oil –To stimulate the growth of new cells, applying ylang ylang oil to irritated or inflamed skin is a quick and effective remedy. This oil is also excellent for combating acne, given its antibacterial nature, which can eliminate the bacteria that causes overproduction of sebum.
- Juniper oil –With an ability to detoxify the body and speed healing time for wounds and irritation, juniper oil is one of the best essential oils for your skin. Many people choose to apply juniper oil to bumps or uneven areas of their body, as well as patches of cellulite, as the active ingredients can clear out the toxins that cause those conditions.
- Clary sage oil –Acne may be caused by bacteria within the sebaceous glands, but it is also known as an inflammatory condition. As such, clary sage oil is an ideal remedy, given its high concentration of anti-inflammatory compounds, such as linalyl acetate. This essential oil can also control oil production, leaving your skin ph more balanced and giving a cleaner, healthier look.
- ￼Lavender oil: This popular essential oil tackles the problem of acne in a few different ways. First of all, lavender oil is known to reduce stress, and there is a proven connection between stress levels and acne on the face. Furthermore, lavender oil is packed with antioxidants and antiseptic properties, so it can quickly neutralize the bacteria causing your acne symptoms, preventing the excess sebum production and addressing the problem at the root.
- Rosehip seed oil: As a natural cleanser, few things are better than rosehip seed oil. Due to the high concentration of natural vitamin a, this oil can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, clear up blemishes and age spots, and stimulate collagen production and the growth of new cells. Furthermore, rosehip seed oil can tighten up the skin and improve elasticity, giving you a more youthful look.
- Juniper berry oil – Powerful antibacterial compounds found within this essential oil, namely alpha-pinene and beta-pinene, can quickly seek out and destroy the bacteria that is causing your acne symptoms. Known to eliminate skin infections very quickly, and reduce inflammation and redness, this oil should be on your shopping list if acne is a common issue you face.
- Sandalwood oil –Our skin is exposed to the natural elements and pollutants more than any other organ in the body, so the repair of skin cells is a constant process. Sandalwood oil can speed this process by stimulating the production of new skin cells, while also smoothing the surface of the skin and limiting signs of aging.
Essential oil for dry skin and skin tags:
While many of the oils outlined above can help with skin health, the following are specifically recommended for dry skin and skin tags. Dry skin can be caused by a number of things, including irritating clothing, harsh soaps or conditioners, certain medications, and as a side effect of other medical conditions. Skin tags, on the other hand, are small, soft skin growths that usually occur on the groin, armpits, eyelids, beneath breast folds, neck and upper chest. These tags are caused by collagen and blood vessels bunching up beneath another piece of thicker skin. They usually occur in a person’s middle ages, but they can develop earlier, primarily where skin rubs against skin.
- Myrrh oil – When the skin dries out, it can become cracked or chapped, which can cause painful irritation and open you up to infection. Not only can myrrh oil protect you from any infections or pathogens hat could enter the body through the skin, but it also helps to lock in moisture and prevent dehydration. It can also help to heal sun damage quickly, which can make your skin even drier.
- Orange oil – This essential oil is a natural moisturizing agent, meaning that it can prevent the body from losing excess moisture, while also delivering rejuvenating antioxidants and organic acids deep into the skin layers, protecting cell integrity and making it harder for your flesh to dry out.
- Grapeseed oil – High in antioxidants and capable of regulating the oil production of the skin, grapeseed oil is the perfect essential oil if you are constantly experiencing dry skin. By boosting the ability of the body to retain its moisture, while also providing a barrier to prevent excess moisture loss, this oil can keep your skin supple and soft, even as you age.
- Neroli oil – With powerful antioxidant and circulation-stimulating properties, neroli oil is great for eliminating skin tags and preventing them from returning. The flow of blood to the top layers of the skin can eliminate toxins and result in the growth of new cells, which helps to even out lumps and skin tags.
- Oregano oil – Boasting strong antibacterial and antioxidant properties, oregano oil can help heal skin tags within a few weeks of use. It will stimulate blood flow and promote detoxification, which can often cause the flesh to even out, thus reducing the appearance of unsightly tags.
- Sweet basil oil – With antiseptic, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, sweet basil oil has been directly linked to the reduction of these tags. If you regularly apply this oil to the skin tags, they will eventually fall off, or flatten out and disappear.
Cloves provide relief from toothache and this is one of the main reasons why you will see them listed as an Ingredient in 99% of toothpastes.
2. Nausea and vomiting:
Cloves and clove oil, when taken together, can provide relief from Nausea.
3. Cough and breath:
Cough and bad breath can be cured by consuming cloves. These are very common problems that we all face and can be very well treated by the consumption of cloves on a daily basis. You can do this by including them in your dishes and also as refreshments at any time of the day.
It is a good remedy for treating morning sickness. Take around ten grains of cloves, mix them with tamarind and palm sugar and make it into a nice mixture using water. Drink this solution twice a day as an effective treatment.
Common cold can be treated effectively by drinking a lukewarm mixture made with ten drops of clove oil and honey. Drink it twice or thrice a day.
I am a newly married couple and when we do sex sometimes I fell pain in my uterus I think my husband pennis is very big that's why I fell pain.
Is there any chance of getting pregnant even after having occurrence of regular period? Want to know about this because all of a sudden I'm feeling so weak a bit rise in body temperature, and vomited in the morning, also from past one week I'm getting frequent headaches.
Meri marrige ko 1 year complete ho gye h. Ab hm baby planing kr rahe h. 2 month ho gye h. Plan kiye huye bt result nahi aaya h. Sahi process nahi pta hai hum ko pregnant hone ka please help me.
Doctors believe that all women are born with a certain quantity of eggs as well as chances of conception. Also, all bodies are unique with individual strengths and weaknesses. Fertility tests can help in unravelling a number of issues as well as the health of your reproductive system as a whole. It is important to address various lifestyle issues in order to retain your fertility and ensure that you have a hassle free conception. Read on to know more about the ways in which you can preserve your fertility.
- Oral health: There are a number of medical studies that go as far as suggesting that the state of the woman’s oral health is a significant factor when it comes to the proper functioning of her reproductive system. Many women who have required treatment for infertility are said to have suffered from oral health problems like inflammation and gum disease. One needs to avoid these issues so as to have more reproductive success. So, it is important to brush and floss on a regular basis in order to have better oral and reproductive health.
- Food: When we are talking about oral health, how can food intake be too far behind? In order to maintain good oral health, it is important to take care of your eating habits. One should steer clear of excessive sugary food intake as well as junk food intake which end up harming the gums as well as the overall system of the patient. Also, you must avoid eating processed carbohydrates like white bread and white rice. It is also a good idea to get your proteins from plant sources rather than animal sources. Furthermore, it is also a good option to strike trans fat off the list and to pick unsaturated fats instead. This kind of a diet is known as low glycemic diet which keeps the sugar levels stable. This helps in boosting all body functions in general, including one’s fertility.
- Smoking: As per a number of medical studies, about 13 per cent of the infertility cases are linked with excessive smoking. Tobacco has an adverse effect on the state of your fertility, and it usually makes the eggs deteriorate at a much faster rate. It can also cause early miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy, which is a dangerous condition where the egg gets lodged in the fallopian tube. Smoking can also bring about early menopause.
- Vitamin supplements: Many doctors suggest that once a woman has entered her child bearing years, it is important to start taking multivitamins as these contain folic acid. Folic acid is an important nutrient that helps in foetal growth and stimulates ovulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.