Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seetal
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SeetalYour feedback matters!
Actually I'm 17 years old and do not have hair growth on hands and legs and feel very much ashamed of it.
He is getting fungal infection, due to which itching irritates, it is in back side, in ears etc, some treatment for this please.
Lybrate | Dr.Tanuja Tamhankar speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
I have little (area of about half of a one rupee coin) lighter tone skin on either side of mouth/lips. What do I do to get rid of it? Thank you.
Acne is a teenager's biggest worry. However, it can occur at any age. Acne or acne vulgaris occurs when oil, dead skin or bacteria block the pores on your skin. Though it is not dangerous, acne can be embarrassing and can leave scars on your skin. Severe acne can also be quite painful. Pimples in the form of blackheads and whiteheads are the main symptoms of acne. These can usually be seen on the face, back, chest, shoulders and neck of acne patients. Apart from these, painful lumps under the surface of the skin and red raised bumps can also be found on the skin of acne patients.
Acne can be triggered by a number of factors. Here are some of the common triggers for acne:
- Stress: The severity of acne can be correlated to the levels of stress a person is facing. While scientists are yet to figure the exact relationship between stress and acne; it is known that the cells that produce sebum or oil also act as stress receptors. Studies suggest that when a person is under stress, these cells produce excessive sebum that clogs pores on the skin leading to pimples.
- Hormones: Hormones play an important role in skin health especially when it comes to women. Androgens or the male hormones present in both men and women, trigger acne by over stimulating the oil glands. Women may also see an increase in pimples during menstruation. This is due to the fluctuating levels of progesterone that stimulate the production of sebum.
- Genetics: If one or both parents have acne, their children have high chances of suffering from it as well. Genes influence the sensitivity of your skin towards hormones such as androgens and progesterone that trigger acne. They also influence the production of anti inflammatory chemicals in the skin and skin's response to bacteria.
- Medication: Acne is one of the side effects to a few types of medication such as corticosteroids and anticonvulsants. However, this is not seen very often. On the other hand, drugs that contain hormones such as androgenic steroids almost always cause an acne breakout.
Treatment for acne depends on the severity of the condition and its persistence. Mild cases can be easily treated with over the counter medication, but if your acne is severe and not affected by these medications, it best to consult a dermatologist.
Related Tip: "5 Myths and Facts About Acne?"
How I have been prevent my trouble to acne fir clean skin I disappointed by my black skin so please giva me a advice for clean skin.
I have a problem of fungal infection in my head due to which I lost my so many hairs so how can I regain my hairs.
My friend rahul is suffering from hair loss from last 2 years please suggest any best treatment. And he masturbate too much sometimes 3 tym in a day. -_- please suggest any best solution which can regrow his lost hair. Almost he is bald.
Shampooing is a no-brainer activity that most people do not pay much attention to. Usually, a quick wash in the morning is all that people do to keep their hair and scalp clean. But did you know you can end up with dirtier hair than before if you don't wash off the shampoo properly?
Improper washing of hair post-shampooing can lead to the build up of shampoo residue in your hair, which only adds to the dirt you try to clean by shampooing. Also, excessive build-up of product residue causes hair and scalp irritation and even impedes hair growth.
How do you know if you have shampoo residue in your hair? Here's how:
- You hair appears dull, dry and dirty despite being freshly washed
- It feels as though there is a layer of heavy coating on the hair mass
- Styling of hair becomes difficult and time-consuming
The signs of shampoo residue build-up closely resemble that of hair damage. In order to prevent it, thorough rinsing is of utmost importance. In fact, rinsing your hair for a minimum of two minutes post-shampoo is strongly advised in order prevent build-up. Also, using a clarifying shampoo regularly clears residue out of the hair and unnecessarily over-applying the product should always be avoided.
Cleanse your hair once a week to keep it fresh and healthy and use a good shampoo with a formula that is suited to your hair.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!