Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sardeshpande
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SardeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Pls help me doctors iam black skin man plss help me to get white skin and also iam not good in health I want to get some fat pls help me.
I am looking little older as my age is 24 but m look like 30 and my face glow is also dull color is also getting dull let me know what need to be taken care of what I need to do.
My skin is becoming too oily nowadays. Acnes and blackheads are appearing on my face especially on my forehead. Pores are also present on my cheek. What should I do?
Meri age 21 saal hai. weight 56 kg. Height 152 cm hai. Muje aankho k niche dark circle ho gaye. Usse dur karne k liye koi upay bataye.
Have you been noticing that some parts of your skin have turned dark and dull recently? Do you have ugly blotches and spots developing on your skin that keep on worsening? These may indicate that you have been affected by a medical condition known as skin darkening. Also known as hyperpigmentation, it is commonly caused by the overproduction of a pigment known as melanin. Although skin darkening is not a harmful condition, it demoralizes an affected person.
Types of Hyperpigmentation:
There are several types of hyperpigmentation or skin darkening. They are:
Lentigenes: This type of skin darkening refers to on the dark brown or black marks on skin surface.
Solar lentigenes: This type of skin darkening includes sun spots, age spots or liver spots. These are spots, which are caused due to exposure to the sun.
Melasma: This type of skin darkening, also called as mask of pregnancy, occurs due to hormonal changes of pregnancy. Some areas of the facial skin become blotchy and pigmented.
Causes of Skin darkening:
There are several conditions, which may lead to the occurrence of skin darkening or hyperpigmentation. They include the following:
Hereditary factors: Some inherited factors present since birth may be responsible for the change in the skin complexion and the development of patches.
Skin disorders: Several skin disorders may cause the darkening of the skin, resulting into the formation of blotches and the skin becoming thicker.
Vitamin deficiency: Insufficient consumption of essential vitamins such as vitamin A, E, C and B complex may result in darkening and roughening of the skin. Vitamin deprivation also makes the skin look dull. Liver disorders: Certain liver disorders are also responsible for hyperpigmentation. A dysfunctional liver may lead to darkening of the skin.
Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes within our body and during pregnancy in women may also cause skin darkening.
Exposure to UV rays: Overexposure to the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun may lead to skin tanning. This causes overproduction of melanin, which in turn results in skin darkening.
There are several ways in which you can prevent skin darkening. They include the following:
Avoid exposing yourself directly to the rays of the sun.
Try to apply sunscreen every time before you go out in the sun.
You should drink plenty of water and always keep yourself hydrated.
Try to abstain from consuming too much of spicy, oily and rich foods.
You must intake a lot of fruits and vegetables, which are rich in vitamin A, B, C, and E.
There are many options for treating the hyperpigmentation, from skin lightening peels to lasers. A properly planned customized skin care routine and treatment options can minimize, the pigmentation on your skin dramatically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am 24 years male. I have open pores pores on my face, suggest me some medicine or cream to remove all my open pores on face.
Remember To Wear A Sunscreen
Sweating is nature’s way of eliminating toxic chemicals that can build up under the skin. Regular exercise maintains healthy circulation and blood flow throughout your body, including your skin. If you’re exercising outdoors, though, remember to wear a sunscreen on your face that protects against UVA and UVB rays or a moisturizer with sunscreen protection.
Enjoy Summers with Berkowits.
Acne can make people conscious of their appearance and result in low self-esteem and anxiety. It usually affects people who fall in the age group of 12-25, but sometimes older people are also affected.
Here are five things you probably did not know about acne:
- Exfoliation: Using a salicylic acid wash or cleanser first thing in the morning will help in exfoliation, which is a good way to clear those dead skin cells from your skin. This will speed up the process of acne treatment as well, by clearing the pores. Also at night, the use of a medicated cream that contains benzoyl peroxide will help in killing the bacteria, so that there is no infection.
- Menstrual cycle: Acne, more often than not, rears its head with an eruption or two about five days before and a few days after, the monthly menstrual cycle. So watch out for hormonal imbalances, which can cause acne and pimples. Avoid stress around this time too.
- Clogged pores: Acne signifies clogged or blocked pores that are filled with oil and dead skin cells that have not been cleaned out completely. This mixture of oil and dead skin cells blocks the pores and ends up creating an eruption of red sores called acne and pimples. There is a chance that bacteria may have joined these two substances as well.
- Over treating the skin: The worst thing that you can do is to touch, pick or even apply too many harsh chemicals to your skin during an acne breakout. These things can actually make the problem worse, and even create scars in the long run! The constant use of cleansers and moisturisers can also have a harsh effect on the skin, due to the perfume and chemicals present in such products.
- Two weeks notice: Trying new products to treat acne is a great idea. But give every new product at least two weeks before you write it off. Usually, any good product will take at least that much time to affect the acne, and clear the pores in an effective way. So before you start switching cleansers and creams every other day, remember to use the two-week thumb rule.