Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sapna PitakarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from hirsutism and PCOD from past 13 years. I am struggling with my obesity. I regularly take glycomet 1gm, krimson35, aldactone 100. As I stop taking these medicines my menstruations stops, I start growing facial hair and gain weight. Now I am 25 years old. How long Shall I have to continue these medicines? Are they harmful? I can to get rid of these medicines as I have been taking them from past 13 years. Is there any permanent remedy? What are the side effects of these medicines? Where shall I get the best treatment in India for hirsutism and PCOD? Please help me. I am very tensed and feel depressed with these issues. Please please help me Doctor.
Dear doctor it is true that after sex women should not pee for 3 hrs if they pee they will not get pregnant.
Dear sir or a madam , recently I have done my engaged and me and my fiyancee relationship is good. But one type of fear in mind a when I have do a first time sex with my fiyancee after mrg so that time blooding from my wife vagina is compulsory? If yes so how many blooding is come that time ?
My mother name is kanchan devi. She is 35 years old. She is suffering about 3-4 years. Depression ? dry, scaly skin ? fatigue or a feeling of sluggishness ? hair loss ? increased menstrual flow (women) ? intolerance to cold temperatures ? irritability ? muscle cramps ? slower heart rate ? weakness ? weight gain ? low body temperature ? dulled mental processes ? congestive heart failure, a condition where the heart cannot pump enough blood to meet the body's needs ? increased heart rate with abnormal rhythm or pounding (palpitations) ? high blood pressure ? increased body temperature (feeling unusually warm) ? increased sweating ? clamminess ? feeling agitated or nervous ? tremors in the hands ? feeling of restlessness even though the person is tired or weak ? increased appetite accompanied by weight loss ? interrupted sleep ? frequent bowel movements, sometimes with diarrhea ? puffiness around the eyes, increased tears, sensitivity to light, or an intense stare ? bone loss (osteoporosis) ? stopped menstrual. Can you suggest me which type of doctor have to be treat to my mother. Please suggest which type of specialist be have to meet.
Today 7 days are complete but still my period is running with heavy flow now what can I do? Please give to some suggestion sir?
After taking misoprost in May, my bleeding lasted till 20 days. Although, I got my natural periods 15 days ago. But, today morning again my bleeding began. Please help or advice add why is this happening?
2. Healthy formation, development and growth
3. Harmonious function of different organs and mind
4. Resistance to diseases and evil thoughts
5. Virtuous thinking and helping the sick
Hi I am 7 month pregnant lady and know I am feeling back pain and going white discharge and also little stomach pain is it delivery symptoms and what to do.
An important part of your adult life and a way of expressing your love, sex can be an effort when, both you and your partner do not feel up to it.
However when you completely put a stop to having sex, these 5 things can happen:
- You feel more anxious: A study by a group of Scottish researchers reveals that when you go without sex for a long time, you are unable to cope with the pressures of life. Couples who had sex for at least once over a 14 day period were able to cope with stressful situations, the study revealed. During sex, your body releases chemicals like oxytocin and endorphins that leave you with happy feelings. When you abstain from it, you shut down an avenue to get rid of pent-up emotion or energy.
- It raises the possibility of prostate cancer in men: Research reveals that men who have sex regularly experience a 20% fall in their chances of developing prostate cancer. The reason is frequent episodes of ejaculation bring about the removal of harmful matter from the prostate gland.
- You become more prone to colds and flu: Less sex can affect your body's ability to fight off germs, making you prone to common colds and flu. A research by the Wilkes-Barre University shows that couples who have sex one or two times a week witness a 30% boost in the production of immunoglobulin A or IgA (an antibody that is the body's first line of defense against germs) compared to people who don't.
- It increases the risk for erectile dysfunction (ED) in men: Findings published in the American Journal of Medicine highlight the fact that men who have sex less frequently are two times more likely to experience ED than men who have sex about once a week. According to the researchers of the study, frequent sex allows the penis to maintain its strength and effectiveness.
- A drop in Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) for women: One good thing comes out of not having sex. It is said that about 80% of UTI (Urinary Tract Infections) occurs within 24 hours of having sex. During intercourse, bacteria from the vagina get transported into the urethra, leading to the infection of the area. For women, the decision to not have sex can reduce the risk of developing this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 30 years old married women. Now I have a 11 days baby girl. I am getting pain when she is sucking milk like some one is pinning to my breast. May I know the reason for this pain? What should I do to cure this pain?
I have symptoms of Chlamydia and should I take medicine for that without testing I have symptoms and I did not tested should I take the medicine.
My girl friend is 25 yrs old. She had cysts on left ovary. She had operation (laparoscopy). 90% of that ovary removed. Now after 2 yrs it seems like right ovary also has cysts small one. Now recently her period stops for 3 months. And she noticed that a small tumour like feeling on her waist (don't know it is related to that cyst or not). But both the cysts were investigated and it is non cancerous. Please suggests something. Waist tumour like something has no pain.
Vaginal yeast infection occurs when too many yeast cells grow in the vagina, causing inflammation. It can spread by sexual contact but is not considered as a sexually transmitted infection. A yeast infection results in soreness or itching in the vagina with a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes of yeast infections in the vagina:
The vagina contains a balanced mix of yeast and bacteria; but if the balance is disrupted, it can lead to yeast infection. The reasons for overgrowth of yeast infections are:
- If antibiotics are used more than usual, they can decrease the level of lactobacillus bacteria present in the vagina, changing the pH of vagina
- Having high estrogen levels during pregnancy by using high dose birth control pills and hormone therapy can lead to the overgrowth of yeasts.
- Having diabetes, especially when the blood sugar level is not checked and tends to be high
- Having a weak or impaired immune system
- Being overweight and having poor eating habits, including foods high in sugar level
Risk factors associated with the condition:
A number of factors can increase your risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection.
- Using antibiotics heightens your risk of developing vaginal yeast infection as it disrupts the balance between yeast and bacteria. Excessive intake of antibiotics can kill healthy bacteria, leading to overgrowth of yeast organisms.
- Having a weak immune system with conditions such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV can lead to an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. Corticosteroid medicines also weaken the immune system.
- Wearing pants that are tight-fitting, nonabsorbent and undergarments that trap warmth and moisture
- Having high estrogen levels due to an imbalance of hormone levels during pregnancy or menstrual cycle can also lead to vaginal yeast infection. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi, I am 24 years female unmarried I am suffering from irregular periods ,my period never come on time at age 11 my first period started and from that time only my periods was for one month after consulting doctor and taking medicine my periods started coming on time and for 6 to 7 days but that was very much pain full and for that doctor use to give me "position" medicine and I was taking that only then from 2011 my periods problem again started now the problem was that my period was not coming on time I miss my period for every 2 to 3 month gap for that I again consulted to doctor she told me to go for ultrasound and the report as usual always comes normal, many time doctor prescribed me for ultrasound and in that the reports are normal after that she used to give me" regestrone "medicine after taking that my period come on time but again this missing period problem started for that many times I have been taking that regestrone medicine in result I put on lots of weight and then I stopped all that medicine now I am taking ayurveda medicine from 1 year till now I am taking ayurveda medicine but my period problem is not been solved I am still taking ayurvedic medicine and period is not coming for 2to 3 month, I am very much tensed ,doctors are telling that I will might get problem in conceiving. What to do so that my period come on time without taking any medicine.
Since last July, i've discovered two lumps in my breasts, one in because i'm only 20 years old, i'm trying to conceive myself that it is just some harmless stuff since i'm kind of, these last months, it started hurting just before my period begins and they grow larger, what should i do ? please help
(giloy, glo, guduchi)
Giloy satva or guduchi satva
It is a very common and economic but wonderful ayurvedic medicine, often neglected by well -to-do people because of mere low cost of the medicine.
It is obtained by extracting starchy content of indian tinospora plant by soaking in water for six to eight hrs, macerated and allowing starchy content to settle down and collected.
This powder has immense curing capabilities. People spend thousands of rupees by way of lab tests, antibiotics when pyrexia of unknown origin (puo) can't be treated. Similarly anaemia, jaundice, hyperacidity, polythrist etc are often take long time to recover. It is here that this wonderful gift of nature is very useful. It is a very fine immunity booster.
Nasal bleeding, menorrhagia, rectal bleeding, burning feet and hands can be cured very well with it as also it is useful in pthisis, emaciation and also lowers blood glucose levels.
Giloy satva when combined with chirayata satva (swertia chirata plant) cures toughest of fevers.
Both of above can be given independently or combined. By giving these with water boiled with holy basil leaves (tulasi) make it manifold effective.
Giloy satva - 1/2 gm to 1 gm
Chirayata satva - 1gm to 2 gm
There are many more uses of such simple things. Patients' attendants need little patience. These are non synthesised and non toxic naturals. Hence little slow. Can be given with any other medicine also. These do not counteract.
People should plant giloy and tulasi at common places in this rainy season so that everyone can benefit when needed. Can be grown in pots also.