Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Santosh KadamYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old and I am releasing squirt unnecessarily without any intimation or without any feelings. could you tell me is this is natural or is this a problem? Why girls squirt unnecessarily?
I am 22 years old female I have stomach pain in period's time give me some suggestions to avoid that pain.
I have irregular periods. I menstruate once in two months. What is the cause for this ? How can i treat it ?
When he rubbed his penis to my vagina I think the was a kinda fluid present but he didn't touch it from the top part of his penis he just placed his penis not inside on top like he rubbed it to my vagina is this dangerous.
Hi My Height 5.4 weight 95 kg. It can possible to get pregnant. Eating more meals n oil items snacks.
I want to delay my periods in the coming month. I have been having a cycle of 32 days since January. I got my last periods on 1st April night, and I am expecting the next one around 3rd June. Which medicine should I take? I want my periods to begin from either 5th or 6th June. I have thyroid under control the tsh level is 2.790 and I am taking thyrox 50 mg for the same. And how should I take the medicine? How many times a day. And will it have any side effects?
The watermelon seeds are full of health benefits. From snacks to soups, the utility of the seeds is limitless. In addition, the melon seeds are an excellent source of proteins (essential amino acids), vitamins (folate, thiamine and niacin, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid), minerals (magnesium, copper, zinc, iron, potassium, phosphorous, and manganese) fatty acids. The advantages of melon seeds are immense and deserve a mention:
- Watermelon seeds for a younger looking skin: Watermelon seeds are a rich source of unsaturated fatty acids (linoleic acid and oleic acid). These unsaturated fatty acids help to maintain the natural glow of the skin. In addition, the antioxidants present in the seeds slow down the skin aging. Thus, the skin appears younger, softer and healthier. It also takes care of many dermatological problems (skin infections, rashes, and to some extent even skin cancer).
- Watermelon seeds to combat diabetes: It is a proven fact that watermelon seeds help to keep diabetes at bay. Add some watermelon seeds (~ a handful) in one-liter water. Bring the mixture to a boil (~40-45 minutes). For better results, drink this liquid regularly.
- A boost to male fertility: Lycopene, a strong antioxidant, plays a significant role in enhancing the male fertility.
- Watermelon seeds for a sharp memory: People with a short memory or memory problems benefit immensely from watermelon seeds.
- Regulates blood pressure: Arginine present in watermelon seeds plays a significant role in regulating the blood pressure. It also plays a pivotal role in the prevention of coronary heart diseases.
- Get rid of dandruff: People with itchy scalp and dandruff can use watermelon seed oil for some relief.
- Rich source of proteins and amino acids: Watermelon seeds are a rich source of proteins and amino acids. Thus, it plays a significant role in strengthening the hair. The essential fatty acids go a long way to prevent extensive hair damage. Watermelon seeds are loaded with multivitamin B, ensuring a healthy immune and nervous system.
- Full of omega 6 fatty acids: The watermelon seeds are full of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and omega 6 fatty acids. These fatty acids act as a shield, keeping the bad cholesterol or low-density lipoprotein (LDL) level within limits. The lower level of LDL implies a lesser probability of cardiac and other heart ailments.
- Watermelon seeds: Drinking tea made of watermelon seeds is instrumental in maintaining a healthy heart. The magnesium present in the seeds aid in the stabilization of the metabolic processes, important for the proper functioning of the heart. The watermelon seed oil, known as the Kalahari oil, has excellent moisturizing properties and is often used as a skin moisturizer.
- Treat edema: In many cases, watermelon seeds are used to treat edema. A teaspoon of the melon seeds (dried and grounded) is mixed with a teaspoon of honey. The mixture is then added in a cup of water (lukewarm to warm, ~3/4th). The concoction is mixed well and consumed twice daily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
INDIVIDUAL /GROUP THERAPY FOR REMEDYING THREE TYPES OF SKILLS DEFICITS
Many adolescents lack important skills that are essential for their academic achievement, personal development andfor their effective social adaptation. In my 25 years of practice as psychologist and particularly in my therapy sessions with teenagers, I have come across more evidence in support of the behavior deficit model. This model considers skills deficit as a major root cause of psychological disturbance and social mal-adjustment. Skills deficit in adolescents are found to fall under three distinct categories. These three categories account for the vast majority of behaviors usually included under the term behavior disorders. All three patterns are maladaptive ( socially or individually). Each of the following three patterns also involve inter-personal alienation.
AGGRESSIVE TEENAGERS: They may be quarrelsome and generally irresponsible in their social interactions. They pick up fights easily and may disruptive and destructive in school or playground. They may be defiant of authority and lack feelings of guilt or remorse for wrong, unethical behavior.
WITHDRAWN TEENAGERS: Such teens may be generally overanxious and timid. They may get hurt easily and therefore very reluctant to interact with people. They may constantly complain of being victimized or teased. They lack self-esteem and self-confidence. They may go through feelings of depression and social anxiety and therefore may be seen as lonely and socially withdrawn.
IMMATURE TEENAGERS: They may be clumsy in their behavior. Usually they go around with younger playmates who have lower level of social skills. They may have short attention span and may engage in day-dreaming or even self-talk. They are too passive and socially incompetent. This may result in more criticism and ridicule from the peers.
Social skills deficit in a common cause of adjustment problems in teenagers and college youth. If your teenage son or daughter is found suddenly losing interest in studies and getting low marks or found to be generally quiet and withdrawn, it is a good idea to get him/her assessed by a psychologist so that necessary remedial and preventive steps can be taken to enhance their personal growth and wellbeing.
Dandruff is a chronic disorder, which significantly affects the scalp region and is characterized by the appearance of minute white flakes on the scalp. Although dandruff does not cause serious problems, recurrent appearances of dandruff can be embarrassing for the concerned person.
If you spot numerous white flakes repeatedly on the shoulders or on the shoulder region of your shirt and experience severe itching around the scalp, particularly during weather changes, it is likely that you are suffering from dandruff.
Dandruff might develop due to a lack of proper hair care, side-effects of certain shampoos or hair care products, seborrheic dermatitis (characterized by scaly red coloured patches on one’s scalp), dry or oily skin, eczema, excessive stress, hormonal changes, side effects of serious diseases such as HIV or Parkinson’s disease (a disease of the nervous system that impairs human body mobility) and also cold weather conditions.
Prevention and treatment
You can control dandruff by applying any of the following treatments:
- Therapy involving peeling and subsequent strengthening of the scalp might help in the complete elimination of dandruff. The therapy is developed with the help of highly operative anti-fungal ingredients which sanitize the scalp and regulate the growth of the fungi ‘Malassezia’ to a normal level. This helps in the elimination of the intense itchy sensations and the minute white flakes around the region of the scalp. The therapy also aims to provide adequate nourishment to the hair. This therapy helps in the flattening of the dandruff affected hair strands along with the subsequent reinforcement and protection of the hair follicles. If the dandruff is caused due to an oily scalp, this therapy might be useful in the regulation of the unnecessary and excess oil level.
- In order to treat dandruff, a therapy aimed at the purification and balancing of the scalp might be helpful. This treatment incorporates a mixture of natural oils which help in the subsequent nourishment of the scalp; the therapy helps your hair to regain its lost vigor.
Along with the aforementioned therapies, you can also use certain products which might help as well:
1. Anti-dandruff lotions contain a healthy amount of effective ingredients which aim at the removal of the itchy sensation on the scalp along with the subsequent elimination of dandruff.
2. You can also use anti-dandruff shampoos on a regular basis which help to remove dandruff and strengthen the scalp. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My friend's period date is 23 but she don't get periods yet she checked with pregnancy test kit and find the results positive she don't want to continue this pregnancy is there any solution except medicine nd abortion.
I am 19 years old. 10 months ago I had a major surgery of ovarian cyst doctor suggested laparoscopic but the cyst leads to major surgery. If I thought about sex I will get wet and I feel like I am having sex. I am too weak. I unable to resist the urge to thought about sex and getting wet and I am getting pains in my uterus. Is it harmful to do that. Help me please.
I had protected sex on 30th June 2017 at 2 pm and had An emergency pill at 10 pm. I had Brown Spotting that night. I was supposed to have my periods on 19th July, but I got them on 7th July, the first three days were normal but its been 14th July, I am still having them but they are very very light, now on 16th they are mild, I guess they are returning. But I am experiencing no pain. Please help.
I'm 6month pregnant but doc advise bed rest but we had sex last night does it can be a problem we were out of control that day now im tensed about my baby.
Is there any chance of pregnancy after a short period of two days n very scanty flow for next two days.
Doctors meri wife pregnant hai lagabhag 6 se 7 week jach karane par ultrasound report bachche ki dhadakan dikha nhi raha hai doctor ne kuch dawa diya hai aur 10 din k bad bulaya hai so kya ab ho sakta hai show karne lage heart beat ultrasound me.
Hello, I’m Dr Smita Vats and I’m a practising gynaecologist in Gurgaon from over a decade now. Today, we will be talking about the prevention of fractures and bone health protection in women.
Women form the axis of the basic framework of the society and they are the basic pillars of strength of the healthcare network of the family and the society. Yet they tend to neglect their own health in their daily responsibilities of workplace, and the household duties. It is important to know and understand that bone health is to critical to the day to day quality of life as well as the overall health of the individual. There are certain basic differences between the bone metabolism of men and women and it is important to understand those so that you can take proper care of your bones. This is because after puberty the rate of bone deposition and bone strengthening is faster in men as compared to women and the peak bone mass attained at the age of 25 years is more in men as compared to women. Thereafter, the bone’s mass stays constant in men whereas in women, the additional challenges of pregnancy and breast feeding put an added demand of calcium. If proper calcium supplement does not happen during pregnancy and breast feeding, then the extra demands of calcium of the baby are met through the calcium of the body of the mother and that leads to weakening of the bones, ligaments, and joints, later on in life. Moreover, after the age of fifty, after menopause, the rate of bone resorption and development of osteoporosis in women is much faster as compared to men. So all these factors along with certain lifestyle factors which include physical activity, dietary factors, and the other lifestyle modifications like smoking, alcohol intake etc. does hamper the bone health of an individual and should be looked after.
That brings us to the question as to how to look after the bone health of a woman properly?
First and foremost is the dietary and nutritional factor. Calcium and Vitamin D are the most important nutrients which are responsible for the proper bone strength of the body. Calcium intake, at least one thousand to twelve hundred milligrams per day is recommended. It can be achieved through dietary elements like milk and milk products – yogurt, cheese, curd etc. Apart from egg, meat, mutton, chicken, and other vegetarian products like wheat, raggi, soya bean and fruits and vegetables like black grapes, cauliflower, cabbage, beetroot, pistachio, almonds, all are great sources of calcium. It is important to remember that if the dietary factors do not meet eh regular demands of the body for calcium then one should be taking calcium supplements as prescribed by the doctor, especially during pregnancy and breast feeding women should not neglect the intake of calcium during those times. Apart from calcium, the other important aspect is the Vitamin D intake. The daily requirement of Vitamin D is about two hundred to four hundred international units in a day. The main source of Vitamin D is sunlight and as a result, in the urban population when people are not moving around too much in the sun or whenever they go out they are fully covered or using sunscreen. There is a high incidence of Vitamin D deficiency in this population. Apart from this, people who live in higher altitudes, have a dark skin colour, or are obese also have a risk of Vitamin D deficiency. Hence, such people should be taking Vitamin D supplements as subscribed by the doctor and especially vegetarians because the only dietary source of Vitamin D is through cog liver oil, fish, liver so that leaves very few options for the normal vegetarian population to attain Vitamin D through dietary intake.
Then the other aspect which is very important is the physical activity and regular physical exercise. At least half an hour to forty-five minutes of regular physical exercise is a must. To improve blood circulation and bone health and muscle health in the body. This is also important to improve the overall tone and balance of the body so as to prevent falls and fractures and the risks of injury which may hamper the quality of life in her later age groups. Apart from this, smoking, intake of alcohol etc. can also accelerate bone resorption and also deteriorates your bone health. Hence, it is important to look after all these factors.
For any further queries or any further details, you can send me queries through Lybrate or can meet me personally at my clinic in GNS Hospital or The Gynae Point near South City 2.
There are technical ways in which you can get your body all set for labour. Although you may not know how your labour will progress, you can ease the pain that you experience during childbirth to a significant extent by doing these four exercises:
1. Kegel Exercises: These exercises target the muscles that provide support to your bladder, uterus, urethra and rectum. By strengthening the muscles of the pelvic floor, these exercises help in improving the flow of blood to your vaginal and rectal area. Kegel exercises involve contracting of the muscles of your pelvic floor as you would do if you had to prevent passing urine or stool. It is also known to reduce the duration of the pushing stage of childbirth, which is the second stage. You can do the exercises sitting or standing and in either of the two ways-
Slow kegel: For this, contract the muscles of your pelvic floor and hold them for 3-10 seconds. Release and repeat the exercise for ten times.
Fast kegel: To do this, you need to contract and loosen up your pelvic muscles 25-50 times. Do the set for about 4 times with 5 seconds interval between each set.
2. Squatting: Practising squatting during your pregnancy can help in preparing your pelvic muscles for labour. While strengthening your thighs, it opens up your pelvis for an easy descent of the baby. So, here’s what you should do:
1. Begin by standing behind a chair for support with your feet wide apart
2. While contracting your abdominal muscles, relax your shoulders and chest before lowering your tailbone towards the floor
3. While inhaling and exhaling deeply, push into your legs and go back into a standing position
3. Pelvic Tilt: This exercise helps in strengthening the muscles of your back, pelvis and thigh regions while improving posture. Ensuring your pelvic joints remain flexible, it eases the pain experienced during delivery. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Get down on both your hands and knees while keeping your head in a parallel position with your back
2. While arching your back, pull in your stomach
3. Hold this position for a few seconds before releasing
The exercise needs to be repeated 3-5 times - all the while maintaining a strong hold over your back and stomach.
4. Tailor Pose: The tailor pose is designed to help relax your hip joints as well as open up the pelvis. It also helps in improving your body posture while easing the aches that occur in the lower part of your back. For this, you need to perform the following steps:
1. While keeping your back straight, sit comfortably on the floor
2. Placing the soles of both the feet together, press your knees gently towards the floor
3. Keep the position for 10-15 seconds. You can repeat the exercise for 5-10 times. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.