Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjivini
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SanjiviniYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex with my gf on 1st day of her period and she took an ipill within 10 hrs. After that also she was bleeding till 5th day. Again on 7th day we had unprotected sex and she took another ipill within 10 hrs. While our intimacy I observed that blood was coming out during intercourse on 7th day of her period. Her LMP was on 3rd Feb 2018. Please help us. Is there any chances of getting pregnant.
One of the silent diseases in the female population, endometriosis can be symptomless for years and sometimes even decades, but can sometimes manifest itself quickly. The uterus is lined on the inner side by a tissue known as endometrium. When this tissue is found in other parts (fallopian tubes, abdomen, near the ovaries, etc., it is known as endometriosis.
Causes: The exact cause for endometriosis is not clear. There is a possibility that during the regular period, there could be spilling of the tissue back into the fallopian tube, from where it reaches the ovaries or other organs and gets implanted.
There are certain predisposing factors for a woman to develop this condition, including genetic correlation and non-menopausal women. The female hormone estrogen is essential for the development of endometriosis. There are also immunological reasons attributed to the development. It can range from minimal to mild to moderate to severe.
Symptoms: From being completely benign to causing severe pain, endometriosis can present itself in varying ways. The implanted tissue can be minimal like a small lump to large clumps. The symptoms are not dependent on the size of the implanted tissue, however,
- Painful menstruation: One of the most common causes of non-menstrual cramps, the pain is different from usual menstrual pain, starts a few days before the period and can last up to after the period.
- Pelvic pain: One of the most common causes of pelvic pain, this can happen wherever the implanted tissue is. In severe cases, this tissue can also bind different organs, forming what are called adhesions. The bladder or the bowels may adhere to the uterus. These are more painful than individual lumps of tissue outside the uterus.
- Intermenstrual bleeding: There could be spotting to severe bleeding between the regular cycles.
- Painful sex: There is a deep pain within the pelvis and it can lead to losing interest in sex.
- Infertility: The most severe symptom and complication is not being able to become pregnant.
Treatment: If there is no symptom and fertility is not an issue, then it is possible that no treatment is required. However, depending on symptoms and complications, the following are done.
- If pain is the only main problem, painkillers are administered
- Surgical treatment may be required if there is severe bleeding and adhesions complicating the situation.
This will also relieve other symptoms:
- Hormone therapy is also an option for treating endometriosis.
- If you are having pelvic pain and irregular bleeding, bring it up with your doctor. Even if it is not endometriosis, a thorough check up will put your mind at rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hiding and shying away from your feelings is not good for your health, both emotional and physiological and it may result in psychological imbalances as well. Many people are scared of having sex either because of the pain or simply because of the after effects of having unprotected sexual intercourse.
First time is always special. Instead of trying complicated sex positions which might ruin your experience, go for these 4 simple sex styles to ensure a beautiful time spent with your partner.
- Doggy Style: It is a position in which the woman bends on her elbows keeping her legs tightly closed. The man is at the back of her making it comfortable having anal sex. With this position, you can also have vaginal sex with your partner.
- Magic Bullet: It is a position in which the woman lies on the bed with legs up in the air. The man holds her legs and kneels down behind her. This is one of the easiest style for first timers.
- Reverse cowgirl: It is a sort of cross between doggy style and classic women*on*top position. This is a position in which the man lies flat on the bed and the woman is on the top of the man with her back facing the man. She leans forward while the man penetrates into her vagina or the anus, from behind.
- 69: It is a position in which the couple align themselves in such a way that their mouths are near to the other's genitals. This particular position allows for great oral sex. Sexual stimulations are high in this position, but sometimes it can distract people whose focus is just on their own pleasure. This position is best fitted for partners having similar heights.
So, get rid of all the shyness and give all your emotions and excitement a direction. Give it a chance and take your relation to a higher level, making it stronger.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a 20 year old girl and am suffering white discharge Its coming every day. And its increasing I tried clozole v6 medicine for 3 days but the next day in noticed there is no relief for my discharge. It was again coming on the 4th day. So please help me to solve this problem.
I am 36 year of old I am married .I didn't got any menstrual cycle from 5 year .if I take medicine then MC Will come after leaving medicine it won't come. Yet I didn't got any pregnancy .I ask to doctor then he tell me your uterus is small that's way you didn't got menstrual and pregnancy .so please tell me what I should do .I need one baby please tell me my uterus size can be increase .and where I should go for treatment. Thanks.
What is the time period after unprotected sex in which the pregnancy can be control by Tablet - Mifepristone and mifepristone.
I am pregnant (2 months. Two weeks back I am suffering from too much of backpain. I am not able to stand and walk also. When I am in AC then it is not paining that much. But when I reach home in evening then it starts too much from evening to next morning and again I feel relax when I goto office I mean may be due to ac it stops. Again on weekend I feel every time too much backpain. Kindly let me know should I need to go for consultation and suggest me the reason of it.
Hello dear, I am 27 year old, I have married last year, I have no any child till. My period date is 7th of month but this month periods has not come till date 27-11-15, I have checked pregnancy two times today also, pregnancy test show negative result, some one say this is happened because of harmonic disbalance, please suggest me medicine for getting period Or please tell me because of this I will face any problem in pregnancy in future.
Smoking can cause irreparable damage to your mind and body. Chemicals in the tobacco travel to all parts of the body, leaving no area unaffected. According to available data, smoking causes 30% of all cancer deaths and about 80% deaths from emphysema and bronchitis. In addition to adversely affecting yourself, smoking also has a severe impact on your near and dear ones. According to WHO, about 600,000 people die every year from passive smoking. Out of the deaths that occur due to this, 1/3rd is that of children.
The Indian situation
While 85% of tobacco users worldwide consume it in the form of cigarettes, in India only 13% use it in that form. Additionally, 54% use it in the form of beedis. A study conducted on Indian smokers has revealed that an average of 8.2 cigarettes is smoked by an individual daily.
The study also revealed that the number of cigarettes smoked every year had grown to over 6 trillion. While 1 out of 10 adults dies from tobacco use worldwide, 5% of deaths in women and 20% of deaths in men in India are caused by cigarette and beedi smoking.
What happens when you smoke?
Cigarette smoke is made up of 4000 chemicals that are present either as tiny particles or gases and about 50 are known to lead to cancer, the toxin nicotine being one of them. In addition to nicotine, the chemicals that make up cigarette smoke also include tar and carbon monoxide. Prolonged exposure to these toxins can hamper your body's ability to filter air and clean the lungs. The smoke not only irritates the lungs but also causes excess production of mucus.
It also causes a paralysis of the tiny hair-like structures like cilia that line the airways and are responsible for removing dust and dirt from the organ. Paralysis of these hair-like structures also causes a buildup of mucus and toxic substances, leading to lung congestion. The extra mucus that is produced causes smokers to suffer from the very ubiquitous smoker's cough and chronic bronchitis.
It's also one of the many triggers of asthma, which brings about the narrowing and inflammation of the airways. Long-term exposure to tobacco smoke causes the destruction of the structure of the lung, walls of the airways as well as lung tissue. The result is a condition known as emphysema. Additionally, smoking also leads to cancer of the lung and over 80% lung cancer cases occur due to this habit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.