Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjay Bidaye
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay BidayeYour feedback matters!
My wife Is not able to conceive as her left fallopian tube is damage, treatment is going on, one of gyno recommended to do IUI, suggest me something what are the chances of pregnancy ,married since 2.7 years.
I had intercourse with my girl yesterday morning.I used two condoms jst as a precaution.I dint completely insert myself into her i was near the brim.But i found a whittish slimy fluid on the outer layer. It thought it was my sperm at first but when i examined the condoms they were not deffective.She says tat she has been suffering from mild stomach aches near her belly bottom since that morning.I wasnt aware of this and so we had intercourse today evening again.It was later that she called me and informed me that her stomach ache had aggrevated.Today i found slight traces of blood on the condoms.She says that she is having mild bleeding and a stomach ache.I was wanting to know what to do!
Can you pls tell me is it ok to have unprotected sex during periods. As it does not cause pregnancy. But I have heard that period blood may contain hiv virus. Is it true? If a person does not have hiv. Are der still chances that her period blood may have hiv virus. Can you pls clear my doubts.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) includes empowering the woman with medicines, taking various eggs from her ovaries, fertilizing them with her partner’s sperm, and inserting a portion of the subsequent embryos into her uterus with the trust that one will form into a fetus.
Tubal ligation reversal, on the other hand, requires a laparotomy, which needs a much bigger entry point on the abdomen, usually around four to six fingers long. Since the skin, each of the muscles, and different tissues of the stomach must be sliced through, there is extensively more uneasiness and a longer recovery time required after the surgery, when compared with a laparoscopic surgery, for example, with a tubal ligation.
Here are a few common differences:
- Sperm quality: The male partner needs a sperm test before basic procedures of either of the two. In case that the sperm quality is great, then the couple could consider proceeding. In case that the sperm quality is poor, in vitro treatment is the better alternative. With IVF, poor sperm quality is effectively overcome.
- Tubal status: The length of the remaining tubal stumps after tubal ligation is an important aspect. The more extended the two remaining stumps are on each side, the better and more effective is the pregnancy. The shorter the stumps, the lower are the odds for pregnancy.
- Status of other pelvic conditions: Pelvic endometriosis or any scar tissue in the range of the tubes or ovaries would diminish the chance for accomplishment after tubal ligation reversal. Although, IVF pregnancy achievement rates are usually not influenced by these conditions. Along these lines, in vitro fertilization is most likely a superior alternative in women with noteworthy endometriosis or pelvic scar tissue.
- Female age: Chances for pregnancy with either tubal ligation or IVF decrease in the mid to late thirties and significantly reduce at the age of thirty-eight. By age forty-three or forty-four, not many women will have the capacity to have a baby using either approach.
- Egg amount and quality: A few women have a decrease in either egg amount or quality prior in life than anticipated. In this manner, the woman’s ovarian capacity needs to be tested before a choice is made in regards to whether to continue with either tubal ligation or in-vitro fertilization. AMH levels, ovarian antral follicle number, and day 3 FSH levels are generally done to evaluate ovarian capacity or hold.
- Doctor intervention: The greatest favorable position of tubal ligation reversal over IVF is that once the woman has experienced the surgery she ideally will not require any medication through the doctor, for example, medications or systems, keeping in mind the end goal to get pregnant.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
intramural fibroid 3.5cm A couple is trying to conceive. The husband had zero sperm count. Did all sort of medication. Now he is having some sperms but they are weak. The doc said that cud b made strong with injection. Wife has a fibroid. A fibroid in the uterus. The doctor is suggesting a laparoscopy to be done to get the fibroid removed. Else if cud b harmful during pregnancy. Pls give your frank opinion as to what can b done. Is there no other way other than a laparoscopy? The couple are desperate to have a baby. Fibroid is intra mural.
You know how it feels when you are in the middle of an important presentation or a meeting and just can't keep your eyes open. You will often come across people who feel sleepy and drowsy throughout the day. Have you ever wondered why do you feel sleepy all the time? There must be some factors or health conditions that trigger this drowsiness. The condition is a serious matter that requires a thorough investigation.
What causes the drowsiness throughout the day?
- Sleep deprivation: One of the major and obvious reasons for feeling sleepy throughout the day can be a lack of sound sleep at night. The trigger could be insomnia or sleep apnea. You wake up feeling tired, sleepy and exhausted throughout the day.
- Depression: Depression, stress (personal as well as professional), anxiety can leave you physically as well as mentally exhausted. As a result, throughout the day you will feel tired and sleepy.
- Chronic Fatigue: This is a condition that can affect people even without them realizing it. A person with chronic fatigue will feel lethargic all the time. In addition to this, there will be muscular and joint ache, headache, lack of concentration. What is even worse, the exact trigger for this condition is not known.
You can also feel sleepy all the time due to certain disorders and medical conditions such as
- Anemia: Anemia, often resulting from an iron or vitamin deficiency can leave you feeling tired. In anemia, the RBCs will be present in reduced amount. The RBC's are responsible for the transport of oxygen from the lungs to the cells and tissues of the body. In the case of anemia, your hemoglobin level will be low causing weakness and drowsiness.
- Diabetes: The harmful effects of diabetes are not new. In diabetes, especially type-2, the body is unable to use the glucose (the concentration shoots up in the blood). In the absence of glucose which is the major source of energy, you will feel sleepy and exhausted.
- Thyroid problems: For your body to function properly, the thyroid hormones should be present in the recommended amount. Any deviation from the normal range can wreak havoc. In the case of the thyroid hormones produced below the normal range, medically termed as Hypothyroidism, the overall metabolic processes in the body slow down. As a result, you end up feeling drowsy and fatigued.
In some cases, dehydration and lack of physical activities can also make you sleepy all day.
How to deal with the situation?
- Lethargy and drowsiness can be effectively managed if you know the underlying factors responsible for the condition. In addition to the medical assistance and treatments,
- Follow a healthy sleep routine (Sleep early and wake up early). Make sure you sleep for 6-8 hours daily.
- Keep your body well hydrated. Drink water and fluids at short intervals.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Avoid getting over stressed. Meditate and exercise regularly without fail.
- Include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
One of the essential chemical processes within the human body is that of the oxygenation of the blood. This needs to be done to carry oxygen to the various vital organs and also continue with many of the essential functions within the body.
The lungs are responsible for transferring oxygen throughout the body, and the malfunctioning of lungs may cause many issues with the normal functioning of the processes. A common ailment that affects the lungs is pulmonary fibrosis, also known as idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis or scarring of the lungs.
What is Pulmonary Fibrosis?
Pulmonary fibrosis is the scarring of the tissues inside the lungs of a patient. This scarring results in the development of excess tissue, which causes the walls of the lungs to thicken, giving rise to breathing difficulties.
Some of the symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis are-
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in joint and muscles
- Continuous dry coughing
- Inability to exert or take even the slightest bit of physical strain
- Lack of appetite which results in unintentional weight loss
- The rounding of finger and toe tips, which is known as clubbing
Pulmonary fibrosis has various stages and thus, it is important to detect it early or else it can put stresses on other vital organs.
Some of the causes for it are mentioned below:
- Smoking - Cigarettes, cigars, and beedi are a leading cause of pulmonary fibrosis as they directly affect the lungs by depositing harmful chemicals and thus, cause scarring.
- Environmental or occupational hazards - People working in a heavy glass or dust particulate environment such as in heavy industrial factories are also susceptible as they breathe in the particles, which may cause scarring.
- Medicinal triggers - Certain medications can be a trigger due to hormonal or other physical changes and as a side effect may cause scarring of the lungs.
- Genetic factors - Certain people are genetically predisposed to this condition if multiple members within the family have it as well.
- Acid reflux diseases - Certain acid reflux problems may also cause scarring when drops of stomach acids enter the lung through the esophageal tract. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
The biggest threats to women's health are often preventable. Here's what you need to know to live a longer, healthier life.
Many of the leading threats to women's health can be prevented ? if you know how. The top causes of death among adult women in the U.S. Include heart disease, stroke, cancer and chronic lower respiratory disease, according to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Take the first step to protect yourself by talking with your doctor about your risk factors for these conditions. Then get serious about reducing your risk.
Manage chronic conditions and get recommended screenings
If you have health problems, such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure or diabetes, that increase your risk of heart disease and stroke, follow your doctor's treatment recommendations. Also be sure to consult your doctor about when you should have mammograms and other cancer screenings.
Adopt a healthier lifestyle
While you can't eliminate risk factors such as family history, you can control many other risk factors for heart disease, stroke and cancer. For example:
Don't smoke. If you smoke or use other tobacco products, ask your doctor to help you quit. It's also important to avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.
Eat a healthy diet. Choose vegetables, fruits, whole grains, high-fiber foods and lean sources of protein, such as fish. Limit foods high in saturated fat, added sugar and sodium.
Maintain a healthy weight. Losing excess pounds ? and keeping them off ? can lower your risk of heart disease as well as various types of cancer.
Get moving. Include physical activity in your daily routine. You know exercise can help you control your weight and lower your risk of heart disease and stroke. But did you know that it may also lower your risk of certain types of cancer? Choose activities you enjoy, from brisk walking to ballroom dancing.
Limit alcohol. If you choose to drink alcohol, do so only in moderation. For women that means no more than one drink a day. The risk of various types of cancer ? including breast and liver ? appears to increase with the amount of alcohol you drink and the length of time you've been drinking regularly.
Manage stress. If you feel constantly on edge or under assault, your lifestyle habits may suffer ? and so might your immune system. Take steps to reduce stress ? or learn to deal with stress in healthy ways.
Prevent chronic lower respiratory diseases
Many women don't realize that they're at risk of illness and even death from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ? which includes bronchitis and emphysema. Don't be caught off guard. To protect your respiratory health:
Don't smoke. If you smoke, ask your doctor to help you quit. Also avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.
Steer clear of pollutants. Minimize exposure to chemicals and outdoor air pollution.
Prevent respiratory infections. Wash your hands often and get a yearly flu vaccine. Ask your doctor whether you need a pneumonia vaccine as well.
The bottom line
It's important to understand the common health risks that women face, but don't feel intimidated. Instead, do whatever you can to lead a healthy lifestyle ? including eating a healthy diet, staying physically active, quitting smoking and getting regular checkups. Simple preventive measures can go a long way toward reducing your health risks.
I get married in the year 2011. But till now we have no child. We both have consulted with gynecologist Doctor and as per Doctor's recommendation my wife has tested USG and I have tested semen. And results are positive for both of us. After checking reports Dr. Suggested us to try . We are trying but till now We have not got any positive result. Please tell me what should We do?
Hi after Hsg test can become pregnant my hsg reports are normal hsg can improve chances of pregnant thanks.
I am . 35 years age. My left side breast feel heavy and some time pain. Where as right side is ok. Which specialist is appropriate for treatment. Even my nipples is odd.
My mom has a lump in the breast. We went to go to the doctor when lump was realized. Doctors said it's natural. It felt a little pain and swelling time to time after sonography test. Problem is still continued after 6-7 months. Many types of medicines we have tried but no relief. What can we do? Is sonography harmful? Any solutions in ayurveda, home or allopathy?
She has diabetes from childhood. If she gets pregnant is it safe to do Caesarean? And what are the chances that the born baby will also be affected with diabetes?
PCOS, also known as Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome, is a clinical condition in which women’s sex hormones oestrogen and progesterone are out of a proper balance. This leads to multiple growths of ovarian cysts (benign masses in the ovaries). PCOS causes problems with women’s menstrual cycle, pregnancy. It also causes cardiac problems and problems in appearance. Though the exact cause for developing PCOS is still unknown known, doctors say Genetics play an important role in it. Overproduction of the hormone androgen may be another factor behind developing PCOS.
Lifestyle changes are the keys to living a healthy life. This is a commonly known fact though we hardly tend to stick to it. In cases of PCOS, lifestyle modifications are of severe importance. A healthy lifestyle is considered as the main step in managing PCOS. In the case of PCOS patients, lifestyle modifications help in reducing insulin resistance, improving other hormonal problems, improving menstrual cycle, improving fertility and preventing further long-term complications.
Here are some tips to living a healthier life for PCOS patients, to get you started with!
Dietary Changes: Bringing about a change in your regular diet is very important if you are a PCOS patient. Low carbohydrate diets, specifically with complex carbohydrates, which are high in fibre are recommended for PCOS patients. High fibre carbohydrates include whole grain bread and cereals, whole wheat pasta, barley, brown rice, beans. Junk foods are to be avoided as much as possible. The intake of simple carbohydrates is to be limited and that of complex carbohydrates is to be done. The Carbohydrate and Glycemic Index (GI) in carbohydrates is important because carbohydrates with a low GI produce lower glucose levels and insulin levels after consumption, in comparison with carbohydrates with a high GI. Good food choices and a consistent eating pattern throughout the day will lead to a more even pattern of blood glucose levels.
Weight check: For PCOS patients keeping the weight under check is primarily important. Weight loss can reduce both insulin and androgen levels and may restore ovulation. No single specific dietary approach is best, but losing weight by cutting down on your daily calorie intake may help with polycystic ovary syndrome, especially if you're overweight or obese.
Physical activity: Regular exercise seems to be most effective in improving insulin resistance, which is of great significance in PCOS as this leads to many further complications. Regular physical activity helps to reduce androgen, improve insulin resistance. It also helps to regulate the menstrual cycle, induce ovulation, improve fertility, increase energy levels and improve self-esteem.
Thus, lifestyle modifications reduce complications related to PCOS to a great extent and help you in living a healthy, happy life.
Hello Dr. I am pregnant. Last two months 6 days. Mujay kl say jhukaam or sir m pain or body pain h or halka halka fewer sa feel ho rha h. Please suggest me medicine Jo maeray or baby Kay liye koi nuksaandaak na ho.
I want ask you that I got sex with my gf 9 week ago she is 16 years we got unprotected sex and My gf has taken ipill after 2 days and she got vaginal bleeding immediately and her periods are also delay now. So she get pregnant or not.
Importance of fasting in navaratri.
- India is a country with a rich historical and cultural background of festivals and celebration. Like other festivals of india, navaratri also has a significance and meaning attached to it.
- The nine day sadhana of navaratri is not simply an age-old practice of worshipping the cosmic nature but also the rituals, practices and celebrations associated with it has the disciplines of health wisely interwoven into it.
- Every year the beginning of spring and the beginning of autumn are two very important junctions of climatic and solar influence as the whole of creation goes through a kind of transformation with each changing season.
- These are called ritu sandhis meaning seasonal junctions (transition from extreme seasons of summer and winter to more moderate seasons like spring and autumn). Due to the changes in the nature, the bodies and minds of people undergo a considerable change. These two periods or junctions are taken as opportunities for detoxification of body, mind and soul which in turn helps to maintain our physical and mental balance.
- The beginning of autumn is celebrated as the festival of navaratri, the nine day period which commences on the first day of the bright fortnight of the lunar month of ashwina.
- " nava-ratri" literally means" nine nights"
- The navaratri festival is observed by cleansing one's self of all the impurities to experience the divinity within. This observance is called upavaas, which literally means ‘residing close to oneself’.
- Fasting is one of the techniques which is part of upavaas.
- Navaratri is the time when people fast for cleansing, detoxifying and getting their bodies rested. Fasts are a means of internal cleansing, physically and spiritually. The basic cause of many diseases is the accumulation of toxic materials in the digestive system. When one fasts, the load on the digestive system reduces and meanwhile the body is able to carry out the cleansing needed in the system. It supports in adapting to the bodily changes during ritu sandhi.
- Fasting also helps to build up self-control and discipline and bring more awareness control over senses which ultimately elevate the state of consciousness.
- The world is a manifestation of three gunas (qualities) namely satva, rajas and tamas. These three qualities exist in varying levels within one's mind.
- -satva is the quality comprising of clarity, purity and peace of mind which makes one dynamic, creative and harmonious.
- -rajas is activity or movement which in excess results in pleasure seeking activities, anger, arrogance and destructiveness.
- -tamas is inertia which in excess leads one to dullness lethargy.
- We contain all of these gunas in varying degrees and they are in constant interplay with each other. Excessive rajas and tamas has a disturbing influence upon the mind and does not allow one to go deep within oneself.
- So during navaratri, the aim is to reduce these disturbing influences and increase satva, allowing the satvik qualities to prevail leading to the highest condition of the mind.
- On the first three days of navaratri, tamo guna prevails, then during the next three days, rajo guna prevails and during the last three days, satva guna prevails.
- Diet lifestyle has a deep influence on the state of one's mind and can therefore manipulate the levels of satva, rajas and tamas in one’s being.
- Fasting in a disciplined way brings harmony between satva, rajas and tamas.
How to fast during navaratri:
- On the first three days, we can follow a fruit fast:
- Sweet fruits like: apple, banana, chikku, papaya, watermelon, sweet grapes and juices like amla juice, lauki juice and tender coconut water can be had.
- On the next three days, we can have a one time meal of the traditional navaratri diet, during the rest of the day, we could have fruit juices, buttermilk milk.
- During the last three days, we could follow a traditional navaratri diet.
- Caution: the above diet is for a healthy person. If you have any health concerns, you could fast with minor changes in the prescribed diet, with the guidance of your vaidya.
- Traditional navaratri diet:
- The diets followed during navaratri are pitta pacifying as during this season there is a possibility of pitta being increased in the body.
- Grains are avoided for the first few days.
Traditionally prescribed foods are:
- Kuttu (buckwheat) roti and fasting rice (shamak rice).
- Dosa from the shamak rice,
- Dishes made of sago (sabudana), singhara atta (water chestnut flour), rajgira, potatoes, yam (suran), colocacia (arbi) sweet potatoes (shakarkand), kachalu etc.
- Use ghee, milk and buttermilk. All these are cooling and pacifies pitta (raita of bottle gourd (lauki), raita of pumpkin (kaddu).
- Drink lot of fluids like tender coconut water, juices, vegetable soups, etc. Besides providing energy, they also maintain the fluid levels and cleanse the toxins in your body.
- Fruit chat made with papaya, pear (nashpati), apple.
- Use sandhav namak (rock salt) instead of common salt, for cooking.
- Avoid fried foods (replace fried potato with boiled potato).
- Use healthy cooking methods like roasting, boiling, steaming and grilling.
- Delicacies like sabudan vada, sprouted gram sundals, kuttu pakoda, singhara burfee and kheer can be had from the 8th day onwards.
- Be strictly vegetarian.
- Avoid onion and garlic.
Those who cannot go for a fast can do upavaas by abstaining from non-vegetarian food, alcohol, onion, garlic, too spicy food, and replacing common salt with rock salt.