Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SandhyaYour feedback matters!
I'm a 20 year old female and I've a problem of irregular periods. Last year my doctor gave me oral pills and I even took that for 2 months but that messed up my weight, my skin and my mental health so I had to stop taking it as it was making me miserable. I also got an USG done but no cysts found whatsoever. I haven't had my periods for the last 4 months. What should I do? is there any other solution than oral pill for this problem?
Q: kya urine infection k baad muje pregnancy ho skti h .ovulation k baad se mene 4 din tak conceive kiya tha fir muje infection hogya but ab thik hogya h.
Hie We have been married for 1 year. But we rarely used to have sex since it used to hurt.in between we are separate for 4 months. Now I want to conceive. We are having sex twice a week from past one month. He cums inside but I do not get orgasm. And also I never bleed does this mean my hymen is still intact? Will it never break.
I had sex when there is chance of pregnancy but I take 5 pill in 24 hr but now I started eating spices food and face overeating is this symptom of pregnancy.
Is it possible a girl is virgin less from birth? If no then what makes virgin less without doing sex? Or how to conform that a girl is virgin or not?
I am 30 years old female I have thyroid problem I am used thyronorm tablets. Main problem is irregular period and heavy flow I consult many doctors but no use. please give me solution for my problem. My weight is 63 doctor suggests me lose the weight ok but my body is ok my stomach is belly I got two c -sections .i want to reduce my belly stomach. please what can I do now.
My wife 44 years old she adopt to copper t last five year, yet she removed. Nowadays what we should care about pregnancy.
Causes of bladder control problems in women
Urinary incontinence is the term used to describe bladder control problems that affect several people. Many think it only occurs among older, menopausal women but it actually isn't uncommon amid young and active women.
Inability to control the bladder accompanied by pain can be symptomatic of various disorders ranging from a minor infection to cancer. Fortunately, bladder cancer is rare, and bladder pain is usually not serious.
The varied causes of urinary incontinence in women are as follows:
- Urinary tract infection: this is the most common cause of urinary incontinence and it affects women more than men due to anatomical factors. It can also happen at any age.
- Medicinal side effect: the inability to control one's bladder may be a result of the administration of certain medicinal substances such as alpha-blockers, antidepressants, sleeping pills and various narcotics.
- Changes in the reproductive system: pregnancy and fluctuations in hormone levels can cause bladder irritation, which leads to urinary incontinence.
- Impacted stool: when stool gets tightly packed in the lower end of the digestive system and rectum, bladder control is affected. Chronic constipation and constraint strain on the lower intestines leads to the weakening of bladder muscles and hampers the bladder control.
- Surgical side effects: temporary loss of control of the bladder is often a result of prior surgery and radiation therapy in the pelvic region.
- Nerve damage and neurological disorders: strokes and spinal cord injuries have a heavy impact on bladder control and amount to urinary incontinence. Diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis also lead to the same.
- Health complications: disorders such as diabetes and obesity directly affect the bladder and the ability to exercise control over it.
- Disability and impaired mobility: for women who are physically impaired and suffer from problems of arthritis, urinary incontinence is a major problem as they are unable to reach the toilet easily.
- Bladder cancer: even though it is extremely rare, bladder cancer affects a number of women every year and is treated through surgery and chemotherapy.
Related Tip: What Makes One Lose Control of the Urinary Bladder?
A menstrual cramp is something which every woman complains of for a day or two every month. Menstrual cramps are usually the pains felt in the lower abdomen, which can occur both before and during a woman's menstrual period. These cramps are caused by a hormone called prostaglandin that causes the uterine muscles to contract during menstruation. When the uterus contracts to shed its natural lining during your period it releases a hormone called prostaglandins which causes pain and inflammation. So higher the level of prostaglandins more severe the menstrual cramps.
It might be just a minor discomfort for some, but for others it can be severe. The symptoms of menstrual cramps include pain in the abdomen, pressure in the abdomen and pain in the hips, lower back, and inner thighs as well. However, if the cramps are severe you might have an upset stomach, loose stools and vomiting too.
Three out of four women experience menstrual pains and every one out of 10 women experiences severe cramps. Here are few remedies that might help in relieving the pain:
- Exercise, brisk walking or any type of physical activity can help to ease your belly pain as by being physically active your body pumps more blood, which helps in releasing endorphins to counteract the prostaglandins and reduce your cramps.
- Apply heat on the lower abdomen or the area where you feel the pain as it helps to relax the contracting muscles in your uterus.
- Improve your diet by reducing fat and increasing vegetables. However, avoid foods that contain caffeine and salt.
- Take a warm bath as it may also provide some relief.
- Add ginger in your food as it helps in lowering the levels of the pain-causing prostaglandins.
- Drink chamomile tea at least three times a day.
- Take fish oil supplements, vitamin B1 or both.
- Make sure to get enough vitamin D.
- Have an orgasm as it releases endorphins which has a pain-relieving effect and helps in boosting your mood as well.
- Include more dietary magnesium such as dry almonds and boiled spinach as it helps to ease the pain of cramps.
- Acupuncture also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Take a safe painkiller to reduce pain.
- Birth control pills may help relieve painful cramps, but they do come with side effects which may include spotting, breast tenderness, nausea and low sex drive.
- Refrain yourself from smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Finally, have appropriate rest.
Note: If you still do not get any relief despite trying some of these options then you must visit your doctor to rule out more serious health issues as the menstrual cramps are sometimes caused or worsened by other conditions and any sort of medications for such cramps are to be taken after consulting a Gynaecologist.
I am one week late. My LMP 30.3.17 .I have no baby last pregnancy is ectopic Dec-15 Cramping in my lower abdomen and backache also. I am a banker. 8 to 9 hours my sitting. Pls help me.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use oil free cosmetic products.
- Wash a face twice a day.
- Use sunscreen daily.
- Make sure that the hands/ towel is clean when you touch your face.
- Eat food rich in water, fresh fruits, chicken, boiled fish, whole grains.
- Prefer steaming, boiling, grilling methods for cooking over frying.
- Don’t stress.
- Carry oil-absorbing tissues to wipe away oil whenever necessary.
- Don't ever go to bed with make-up on.
- Avoid smoking and drinking.
- Don't use creamy or milk cleansers.
- Don't over wash face.
- Don’t eat fried and processed foods.
- Avoid sugary products.
It's been 8 years for my Marriage. Till now I have not conceived. My periods are regular there is no problem. Many times for this reason I have gone to depression. 3 years back I was going for checkup for 2 months. Doctor said that eggs was not growing and gave some tablets after that it got improved. And for my husband they said counting are less. So they need to increase. And it was too costly for me to afford every week or twice a week. So I discontinued going for a checkup. Please suggest me any good and affordable hospital so that I can restart treatment.
My periods never come on exactly the 28th day. Most of the time it is 4-15 days late or 2-8 days early. It is like that since it started 6 years ago. And now I am 18. I never bothered much, but is it something to worry about?
My wife 35 year old this month missed her period on 2nd day of missed period had vomitings and nausea for 2 days and taken hpt on 4th day result negative then still no periods why.
Hi.. My age is 22 and my marriage is 25th May 2014. Iam not getting pregnant and I want to know the reason. Please help me hw I will get pregnant. Please solve my problem pls. than Sir/madam.
I am suffering with Vaginal infection from the last 2 yrs. I have taken Ayurvedic, alopathic as well as homeopathy treatment. But none has worked for me. Let me know what to do?
My last period was on Jan 14, still not happened, scan everything was done but everything is fine, doctor told it's harmon imbalance.
Meri date 7 tarik hai our mene mere husband ke sath 15 tarik ko sex kiya hai our is mahine date nahi hue report positive hai kya aisa ho skta hai is mahine 15 tarik tak baccha kitne dino ka rahega?
AIDS is an acronym for the 'Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome'.
According to Ayurveda the AIDS disease may be correlated with "Kshaya' or "Ojakshaya' meaning loss of energy.
The disease is caused by the dominant kapha dosha along with the other doshas tends to block the path for the flow of rasadi dhatus in their respective locations thus resulting in the deterioration of saptha dhatu Rasa(plasma), Rakta (blood cells), Mansa(muscular tissue), Meda (adipose tissue), Asthi (bony tissue), Majja (bone marrow) and the Shukra (reproductive tissue). thus resulting into the disease.
The major symptoms are:
1)Loss of appetite, drastic loss of weight-emaciation, fatigue and lethargy.
2)Susceptibility to allergies and contagious diseases.
4)Bronchial disorders, often leading to tuberculosis of the lungs.
5)Damage to intestinal flora resulting in diarrhoea, dysentery, gastritis and wide fluctuations in body temperature.
6)Prolonged fever, sleeplessness etc.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT PLAN FOR HIV
1)The first step to stem the disease is to ensure a good and healthy atmosphere for the patient. He should be surrounded by well meaning friends and relatives who must affirm that the disease state is totally curable. Nothing negative should be discussed before the patient. The patient should be given nourishing food which is easily digestible. He should be encouraged to do easy exercise which does not strain his fragile health. He should be kept engaged in fruitful activities which strengthen the good tendencies inherent in him.
2)Initially, the patient is given tonics and rejuvenators (Rasayanas) to boost immunity levels and to strengthen the system and stimulate appetite.
3)After gaining some strength, shodhana (elimination) techniques are used to expel toxins from the body through enemas, purgation and emesis. The medications administered at this stage are not hard or drastic, but soft, ghee-based so that the patient withstands them with ease.
4)Secondly the blood is purified with appropriate medications. Liver corrective measures also play an important role.
5)A strengthening diet along with medicated ghee preparations and soups is recommended. But spicy, oily and acidic foods are to be avoided. A little alcohol is recommended as anupana (carrier) to aid the digestive process, and also remove blockages in the flow of Rasadi dhatus, i.e. srothorodha.
6)Patient is advised to do regular exercise. If the patient is incapable of exercising or running due to weakness, then steaming (swedanam) is also recommended. reason behind this is 'Heated blood is said to weaken, and even destroy, the virus in some cases'.
7)Experience has shown that certain herbo-mineral compounds prepared as per the formulae prescribed by sages like Agasthya, Charaka, Sarangadhara and others for the treatment of Kshaya have brought about significant results in improving the condition of AIDS patients. The Rasayana and Vajikara effects of the these medicines are good for the patients.
8)Some of the propritery ayurvedic medicines achieving good improvement in the quality of life of patients include 'Chyavanprash', 'Raktavardhak' for Immunity building and 'Sookshma triphla tabs' to keep awaythe the infection.
An example of an Ayurvedic remedy which may be of use in the treatment of persons diagnosed with AIDS is 'Chyavanprash'. 'Chyavanprash' is most useful and most popular rejuvenator tonic(Rasayana) of Ayurveda.
This is an Ayurvedic herbal formula which increases ojas, and restores the digestive, eliminative, respiratory and sexual systems. It is frequently employed in wasting conditions where it has been clinically shown to improve health and assist with weight gain. The main ingredient in Chyavanprash is 'Amalaki'- the Indian gooseberry (Emblica officinalis), which has the highest yield of natural source vitamin C, with 3000 mg per fruit. It is also a rich source of naturally occurring anti-oxidants including bioflavonoids, vitamin B-complex and carotenes (vitamin A). Studies suggest that this berry possesses antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. It assists digestion, lowers high blood pressure and lowers blood cholesterol. Clinical research has shown that it accelerates repair of muscle and skin and enhances natural anti-inflammatory substances. Chayvanprash also contains about 35 others herbs which amplify and augment the effects of its main ingredient; such a powerful formulation may indeed be helpful in the treatment of persons who have been diagnosed with AIDS.