Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SandhyaYour feedback matters!
I am a diabetic last 20years and taken medicines metformin-3(1+1+1) galvus-50-1/days, dibiglim-2mg (1+0+1). I also walking 3km daily. But my sugar lavel not down last six months. Fasting 170& pp-270. Advice me
The most common cause of neck pain can be cervical disc disease. It is generally caused by the abnormality of the disc that is the cushion present between the vertebrae. The disc can get damaged because of arthritis or any unknown cause. When damaged, it usually leads to inflammation or spasm of the muscles leading to neck pain.
There are a number of pain medications, traction exercises, and physical therapy for minimizing the neck pain. However, these home based remedies help in relieving pain along with a speedy recovery:
- Take it easy: If you have a busy and hectic life, then take it easy. Living with cervical disc diseases can lead to an increase in the neck pain; thus cutting down on activities helps. A comfortable position should be observed while resting. If need be then a pillow can be placed under the neck.
- Apply Cold/Heat Pack: There is always a confusion regarding whether a cold or a hot pack is to be used. The recommendation is to use ice or cold pack for the first 24 to 48 hours of the injury, so that the swelling subsides. This should then be followed by hot fermentation in order to improve the muscle stiffness and also loosen them. But in case of a cervical disc disease neither cold nor heat penetrates the tissue to relieve inflammation, so it is best to use the one which feels better. Whichever, pack is chosen it should only be used for 20 minutes and then left for 40 minutes. Take care and do not use ice or heat directly against the skin.
- Stretch: Stretching exercises should be done in order to improve the flexibility and relieve pain in the neck. Exercises can be performed after warming up of the muscles by a warm towel or bath. Here are a few simple stretches for cervical disc disease that you can do at home:
- Move the neck: As per the study by the American Medical Association, women who had neck pain got relief when they did exercises using light weight and resistance bands. This increased their endurance and strength of the neck muscles. Also, 30 minutes of exercise in the form of biking, walking, swimming, and biking is recommended to improve the blood flow.
- Maintain the posture of the neck: A bad posture can cause a neck pain. Every time while standing, sitting, walking, lifting the posture should be kept in mind. The head and neck should be kept straight and the back should be supported in order to avoid neck pains.
10 Home Remedies to beat Acidity
1. It is advisable to chew the food properly
2. Drink lot of water for proper digestion and absorption
3. Foods such as pickles, vinegar, fried foods and hot spicy foods should be avoided
4. Eating bananas is helpful in preventing the symptoms of acidity and heartburn. Eat a banana daily.
5. Basil (tulsi) leaves helps to get relief from burning, nausea and gas. Chew some leaves of tulsi to decrease the acidity
6. Sleep with your head and shoulder on a high pillow for elevation.
7. Do not skip meals.
8. Avoid large gap between meals
9. Eat dinner 2-3 hours before going to bed
10. Avoid smoking and cut down on alcohol
Hy. I had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex with a girl known to have reputation of sleeping around with other people. After the incident I got a bit tensed and approached my GP. I have no symptoms. No discharge or anything. Just bit pain while urinating. Its been 12 days of exposure if any. My Gp wants to treat me for gonorrhea n chlamydia together and has prescribed cefpodoxime proxetil 200 and azithromycin 1g to be taken together at one dose. And then continue with cefpodoxime for 1 week. And has told me to get hiv Elisa and vdrl testing after 6 weeks. Just wanted to know if this is the right approach?
I am salim 20 year old have in my head some time problems is their and 3 month ago for tjis problem.
Hi Lybrate doctors, I had a pain on my right testicle for about a month, pain was not steady but it increases over the course of day. Pain started suddenly one day when I got from my bed in the morning. After trying many pain killers I undergone scrotum scan and other tests, where it was diagnosed as Grade 1 varicocele and also little bacterial infection too. After tests, Doctor advised me to take Zanocin anti biotic- Oflox for two weeks. Just after one tab 95% of pain got vanished. And I am continuing still. Occasionally I had pain that too not exactly on testicle somewhere near thigh or abdomen. Even I feel swelling too getting reduced slowly. Now my question is whether varicocele was wrongly diagnosed or bacteria might have caused varicocele. Or I may have that condition without any pain. All these years not even once I suffered from any sort of pain this is the first.
I am Dr. Nishith Chandra director interventional cardiologist at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute New Delhi. I am here in this institute for last 22 years. Today we will discuss how to prevent a future heart attack or if a person has had a heart attack in the past then how he should and what he should do in his routine life to reduce the occurrence of a future heart attack or a repeat heart attack. For heart attack, there are certain risk factors which a person has to modify. These risk factors some of them are modifiable and some of them are non-modifiable so the modifiable risk factors are which he should reduce, he should change is – exercise, he has to do active exercise for at least 30 minutes every day and in those 30 minutes he has to run for about or walk for about three kilometers and this should be at a brisk pace.
He should not be sedentary, nowadays even they call that sitting is the new smoking, that means sitting is as dangerous as smoking. For every 20 minutes of sitting, you must get up walk for five minutes and then start doing your job. This is especially applicable to computer executives who sit at the computer, hunched on a computer for a very very long time. Then in addition to exercise, they should stop smoking. Now smoking is one very dangerous habit which increases the risk of heart attack and especially in younger patients, so but the person should not smoke or use tobacco products if he is having difficulty in smoking then there are multiple ways that doctor can help him quitting this habit, then there are certain drugs also are nicotine gums he can take help of or they are smoking groups which helped us in quitting the habit by group discussion.
Then the third most important component in preventing a future heart attack is the diet, the person has to take diet which is rich in fruits vegetables vitamins minerals and much less in fat, especially saturated fats and carbohydrates, saturated fats are like butter, ghee, margarine these are saturated fat. This they should avoid and the person should take if he has to take oils to a minimum and that too refined oils. So and this is the third component. The fourth component is if the patient is having more weight or his obese then he should attain an ideal body weight, ideal body weight can be easily calculated by calculating the body mass index the body mass index, should be less than 25, so if it is more than 25 then the person should try to reduce his body weight by exercising, reducing diet, reducing calorie intake.
The last thing is that he has to control his stress levels if the stress levels are high then the person is having an extra risk of heart attack. How to reduce stress levels, the best way to reduce stress level is to join some yoga group and meditation, and the practice of mindfulness. The practice of mindfulness is very very important for stress reduction.
If you want to consult me then you can consult me either at Lybrate or you can come to my clinic at Fortis escorts heart institute new Delhi or my clinic at sector 93a expressway Noida. Thank you!