Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandeep Londhe
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep LondheYour feedback matters!
Hello sir,i dont no i am pregnant or not bcause my period delayed 10 days can i take myprog 200 tab ?
I and my gf had 5th day of period, protected sex but one time done unprotected sex, but one time done unprotected sex, but I not leave my sperm inside my gf vagina, before that I stopped. After that she ate papaya, pineapple, seems seeds, to avoid pregnancy. Actual period on 5 mar. She tested 3 times in home kit. Result is negative. But Till now she is without any period and no symptoms of pregnancy. She checked the pregnancy test with home kit, result is negative. Is there anything to worry about. And what about the period? Is it possible that the sperm may be available near her fallopian still and what should I do now and later. What we want to do now. We are confused. Shall you prefer any prescribe medicine. To get periods. She is 24 year. Please help me ASAP. Thank you.
I want to know the actual time period when I should do sex without using any precaution (like condoms or pills) so that I will become pregnant? I mean is it required to do sex during my menstrual cycle to get pregnant?
A woman’s body is controlled by hormones beyond imagination. Be it her mood or her hair, hormones play an important role in all of it. Menopause is a turning phase in a woman’s life. With the estrogens levels reducing in the body, there are multiple changes that the body goes through, and hair loss is also one of them. Imagine clumps of hair coming out when you comb or a patch of baldness on your scalp. For women, as it is, menopause brings a depressing phase, and this hair loss adds to their woes.
Why does it happen?
Menopause causes a reduction in estrogen levels, which is essential for hair growth. Therefore, low levels of estrogen lead to significant hair fall. In parallel, if there is an increase in testosterone levels, it results in shrinking hair follicles and promotes hair growth. This, in turn, leads to increased hair growth on the face and hands.
The additional medications that are being taken, food habits, lifestyle habits like alcohol and tobacco, and stress also add to the hair fall.
However, the only way to deal with it to correct the hormonal imbalance in the body.
- General hair care: With menopause setting in, make sure you switch to a gentler shampoo and be easy on your hair. Remove tangles with care. Use a softer comb.
- Give your scalp a good massage to improve blood flow and promote hair growth
- If required, apply oil or creams which have keratin to strengthen hair.
- Hair care tools: Reduce the use of dryers and ironing tools. Perming and coloring also can make it dry and brittle, which is easier to break.
- When you are out exercising, make sure your hair is well protected. Swimming caps, wide-brimmed hats are essential to prevent hair from direct damage.
- Ensure there is sufficient protein, minerals, and vitamins in your diet to provide the ingredients for hair growth. Including fish, walnuts, almonds, and other fatty foods is a good way to nourish your hair externally.
- Manage stress via multiple ways – meditation, exercise, music, yoga, etc. Stress in itself leads to hair fall, and so controlling stress is very important
- Drink it up: Water is one of an essential ingredient and drinking up to 8 glasses a day help a great deal in managing hair health too.
- Exercise: It is very important to pick an exercise regimen that works for you and adhere to it. Whatever works for you, be it gymming, swimming, cycling, jogging, or running. This not only controls hair fall, but also improves the overall quality of your life.
Menopause doesn't necessarily be the end of a phase, it can also be the beginning of another great one!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 29 years old. Married life is 3 years. We are trying to conceive from last 6 months. I have cyst and my period is irregular. From last 5 months when I can Meprate then period come. Now Dr. Advice me Letoval 2.5 mg. Can you please tell me is there necessary to go for ultrasound in 2 and 3 days gaping. Is this not harmful me? Or Can I take medicine without go for ultrasound.
Hi, I am 8 week pregnant according to my last LMP. 27 April 2016. My doc did a sonography on 13 june and told me that pregnancy is confirmed and it is of 5 week. As I got faint line on UPT 30 may. From 18 of june I had spotting and with my doc consultation I did an another sono on 23 june and doctor say it is not clear from normal obst sonography go for an internal one. We did it and I got baby and cardiac movement also but he told us it is only of 5 week 3 days. I am tensed that is it possible. Please tell.
Pregnancy and childbirth are matters of great importance in a woman’s life. A woman needs to be taken care of and made the centre of attention during this phase. The set of rules that are prescribed in Ayurveda are very important for pregnant women. They give you detailed information about the Vichara (thought process), Vihara (lifestyle) and Ahara (diet) which are recommended to be followed at various stages during the pregnancy period. The general guidelines that are recommended to be followed during pregnancy are:
- Maintain a healthy, mild, easy to digest diet
- Keep your food timings regular
- Keep your mental health constant and keep yourself happy
- Avoid foods that are spicy or contain too much oil
- Do not engage in sexual intercourse, intense work out regimen during pregnancy
- Try to avoid negative feelings and general feelings of discontent
- Do not cover your abdomen with heavy blankets
- While wearing your clothes, do not tie tight knots over your abdomen
- Do not change sides during your sleep without getting up
- Avoid sleeping on your back and sleep on your sides
In Ayurveda, the guidelines to a healthy pregnancy are given in accordance to months.
- First month: A mixture of natural supplements such as khajoor, draksha, vijari and manooka are taken with milk. This mixture is consumed through most of the time. In the first twelve days of pregnancy, drink a mixture of ‘Salaparni’ herb with milk. This mixture should be made in a vessel of precious metal (silver or gold). Also, avoid getting massages during this time and delay that until your fifth month.
- Second month: The mixture of the natural supplements with milk is continued.
- Thrid month: Drink the above supplements with milk, honey and ghee.
- Fourth month: The same mixture is consumed with milk and honey,but the ghee should be replaced with butter.
- Fifth month: The supplements are continued and along with it, gentle oil massage is started. Take bath with lukewarm water every day and continue this regimen until delivery.
- Sixth month: The fifth month regime is continued
- Seveth month: An itchy and burning sensation on the breast and stomach may be felt during this time as the foetus grows in size. It is recommended to eat in small quantities, have sweet things with ghee or oil to make it easy to digest. Salt intake should be kept at a minimum. Avoid drinking water right after a meal.
- Eighth month: Rice is made into a paste and is consumed with milk and ghee.
- Ninth month: The eighth month diet should be followed along with oil massages. Massage oil on your belly and genital areas. Hygiene should be maintained to avoid infections. Lubricate your vagina with a cotton ball dipped in oil to provide a smooth passage when the baby is born. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.