Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sameer Manse
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer ManseYour feedback matters!
I took mifegest kit on 19th sept and then 2nd course on 20th. Today 21st still no bleeding start. What time took maximum for bleeding start after taken medicine?
Hello doctor, I am pregnant from last 3 month and ultra sound report is normal, my question is that can I do sex with my partner. Is there any problem or not?
After carrying the baby for nine months and delivering it, the next big step for the mother is to learn to breastfeed. For a woman who has had her first delivery, this could be a thing that can scare her and put her at discomfort. In addition, some mothers can also experience physical pain, which is even more worrisome.
In the initial stages of breastfeeding, it is normal to have pain as the baby and the mother have not yet identified the correct method i.e. the mother in terms of holding the baby, while the baby in terms of latch correctly to get milk. However, in most cases, the mother detaches and repositions the baby. This often helps in relieving the pain and after some repetition of this exercise, both the mother and the baby would know the correct position.
Let down reflex, also called milk ejection reflex, is set off by hormone oxitocin which is released whenever your baby feeds, it stimulates muscle cells in your breast to squeeze milk and may cause pain. Oral thrush, which is a yeast infection, in baby's mouth, can cause sore nipples and pain. The baby’s oral features like a short mouth, short tongue, small chin, high palate, etc., can lead to improper suction and cause pain. However, this pain from suctioning will disappear within a couple of days. Another cause for breast pain could be engorgement. When the breasts are engorged, due to feeding after a long break, there is too much milk, which can cause pain as soon as the baby latches on. Pressing out some milk before the baby latches on can help reduce the pain. lmproper size of bra, too tight or too loose, can be a cause of breast pain.
Nipple pain, when exposed to cold weather, is another condition. This occurs due to constricted blood vessels and is known as Raynaud’s phenomenon. If required, pain medication can be taken, but this type of pain usually subsides.
Allergies such as poison ivy and eczema can also lead to nipple soreness. Even topical issues like use of creams, soaps and deodorants can cause soreness. These require no intervention and minute changes would usually suffice. It is important to remember that any medication taken can reach the baby during the breastfeeding and unless absolutely essential, it is best to avoid any medication for the mother. If a baby is being fed well after the 6th month of life, teething begins and this can be a cause for pain during breastfeeding.
In most cases, proper breastfeeding techniques usually take care of the issue. However, if there are other issues, for instance, the child’s oral features, they may require correction as they not only need to be addressed because of this problem, but also otherwise.
Using warm moist compresses is useful in soothing the pain. Empty the breast properly after feeding the baby. Try to avoid chemicals like Linolin, hydrogel, as far as possible, if applied to cracked nipples, clean it properly before feeding the baby. Applying freshly squeezed milk from the breast is another wonderful option, given its antibacterial properties. The warmth of wet tea bags may also give a soothing effect. Remember to avoid chemicals like lanolin or hydrogel, as this pain is a temporary issue and usually disappears over a period of time.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sexual problems in married couples
Sexual disorder or dysfunction can be categorised as sexual desire disorder, sexual arousal disorder, orgasm disorders and sexual pain disorders. These can be caused by:
- Unconsummated marriages due to lack of emotional bonding, conflicts in the couple, illness, different time schedules of work, can lead to this and can prolong for years.
- Idiopathic infertility may arise though the test repost of both man and woman are normal this may be triggered by stress, conflicts, financial problems, increased age of couples due to late marriage, sex therapy benefits such couple immensely so consult a good sexologist asap.
- Abnormally low production of hormones estrogen in women and testosterone in both men and women cause sexual desire disorder.
- Pregnancy, ageing, fatigue and side-effects of medications can also cause sexual arousal disorder.
- Depression or anxiety also has a dampening effect on sexual desire.
- Men and women may develop an aversion to the contact of each other.
- Lack of sexual arousal is seen as failure of men to maintain erection, partially or completely; and in women lack of vaginal lubrication. It can be natural or due to some underlying cause.
- Decreased blood flow to the vagina or penis due to medical conditions or a chronic illness can also be the cause of arousal disorder.
- Lack of orgasm after a normal period of sexual excitement if often the result of side-effects from ssri anti-depressants. This is found in both men and women.
- Sexual pain disorders mostly affect women. Dyspareunia and vaginismus, painful intercourse and vaginal spasms during intercourse respectively are caused due to lack of vaginal lubrication in women.
- Poor vaginal lubrication may have been caused by lack of excitement and resultant arousal. It could also be due to changes after menopause or breast-feeding. Contraceptive creams may also cause lubrication problems and so also sexual fear and anxiety.
- Sexual abuse of women can lead to vaginismus. Women may also suffer from vulvar vestibulitis which leads to pain during intercourse.
- Sexual disorders are more common in men and women who are alcoholics and drug abusers.
- It is also much more probable in people with medical conditions such as diabetes or other degenerative neurological problems.
- Psychological problems, trouble in relationships, or chronic disenchantment and conflict with the sexual partner can also get in the way of sexual function.
- Lack of knowledge of anatomy and physiology, lack of sex education, sti, fear and performance pressure also causes problems in the married couple drifting them apart.
- UTI or urinary tract infection due to bacterial infestation during frequent sex or unhygenic sex. Please consult a sexologist to treat it else it recurrs and mightvcause kidney scarring.
Women's day special
A must follow rule for moms of young toddler - please don't eat leftovers
One rule that all you moms absolutely must follow is to never finish up the food your child has left. Eating the food left over on your child’s plate is a very common phenomenon and this leads to the mom eating double and gaining unnecessary weight.
That food is designed for your kid and is rich in calories, fats which are required for their growth.
Eating even smaller amounts of foods over a period of time can result in substancial weight gain, let it go in the dustbin and please do not treat your stomach like one.