Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sameer
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SameerYour feedback matters!
The arrival of monsoon is of course the prettiest thing. Apart from selecting the monsoon attires and the umbrellas, choosing healthy diet for this season will help out to get rid of cold knowing your food to avoid and include will make you as your doctor.
1. Lysine and arginine are amino acids, which are the basic building blocks of proteins. They have an antagonistic
Relationship with one another that results in lysine being able to reduce arginine’s ability to help synthesize certain proteins.
2. Avoid certain foods, especially the ones high in arginine and low in lysine. Lysine does not promote cold but if you take a diet rich in arginine, the lysine will get discarded, in order to store the former.
3. Since arginine will support the production and multiplication of virus, your cold will get worse. So, you should concentrate on a diet that is high in lysine and low in arginine,
4. Lysine appears to help the body absorb calcium, and it plays an important role in the formation of collagen, a substance important for bones and connective tissues including skin, tendon, and cartilage. It plays an essential role in the production of carnitine, a nutrient responsible for converting fatty acids into energy and helping to lower cholesterol
Foods rich in protein are good sources of lysine. That includes meat (specifically red meat, pork, and poultry), cheese (particularly parmesan), certain fish (such as cod and sardines), nuts, eggs, soybeans (particularly tofu, isolated soy protein, and defatted soybean flour), spirulina, and fenugreek seed. Brewer’s yeast, beans and other legumes, and dairy products also contain lysine. Many nuts also contain lysine along with arginine (lysine counteracts some of the effects of arginine).
Food not to be taken during cold:
- All types of nuts
- All types of seeds
- Brown rice
- Chick peas
- Chocolate (in any form)
- Coffee and tea, cola
- Fruits and berries, including grapes, grapefruit and oranges
- Oatmeal, soya beans, corn (in any form)
- Vegetables like onions, peas, pumpkins, tomatoes, carrots and broccoli
- Red wine
- Seafood with shells (such as oysters and shrimps)
- Sugar, artificial sweeteners
Foods to have during cold:
Given below is a list of foods that are rich in lysine. You should include them in your diet if you have cold.
1. Dairy products like milk, cheese, curd, butter, yogurt etc.
2. Lysine-rich animal foods include chicken, fish, eggs and beef.
3. Fruits like apples, papaya, mangoes, bananas, pear and summer squash.
4. Figs, almond nuts and avocados can also be taken to fight cold sore.
Vegetarians can also go for lysine supplements. The supplement is safe to eat and does not have side effect.
Banana yoghurt smoothie works well to calm the stomach. Banana reduces inflamation znd bloating of intestine and curd has tryptophan which enhances level of serotonin and help relax the mind.
I am suffering from two uterine fibroid of 5 cm each. Is this possible to remove fibroids by laproscopic surgery. I have no child also.
This happened to me twice or thrice I have missed period for 10 to 12 days doctor suggest to do bhcg once I done b4 getting d report my periods start pls suggest what is d actual problem? Is my blood circulation is not proper?
Hello doctors, I am 13 weeks pregnant. Everything sounds great just one thing on my mind. What is transverse oblique lie with head down to left side? This statement is confusing me. Someone told its because I am having twins and radiodiagnostic doesn't notice the another baby? Is it possible? Transverse oblique lie only happens in case of twins?
Menopause is never an easy time in a woman’s life. Between all the hormonal changes and everything else, things can get more than a little tough to deal with. In fact, doctors prescribe medicines which are full of chemicals and are not of much help. So, why not try homeopathy?
When a woman is going through menopause, the symptoms expected can vary, but generally include depression which is coupled with mood swings along with some anxiety and weight gain. In addition to these symptoms, there may be a loss of libido, and this can really drive a wedge in the intimacy of the woman’s relationship with her partner. Now, all these symptoms may affect a woman, but at the same time it does not necessarily mean that a woman’s life is affected to a large extent on account of menopause.
When it comes to solutions then certainly, homeopathy has for the symptoms of menopause, it is to be noted that they are free from any untoward side effects. If a woman going through menopause is suffering from depression, the homeopathic medicine ignatia is most likely to be recommended. Not only is depression reduced but the swings or the volatility in the mood of a woman is also brought under control to a large extent. However, it is best to consult a specialized homeopath regarding this.
Due to bodily changes which occur around this time, many women who are menopausal end up going through a period of weight gain. Gaining excess weight may cause loss of self-image and low self-confidence. Graphites are the answer homeopathy has to address an issue such as this one.
Sepia is a medicine which can help in battling the irritability a woman may be prone to during the menopause period. The effects of this all natural medicine are pretty great! Another medicine which is known as a result of its super beneficial impact is calcarea carb. This is of great use when a menopausal woman has osteoporosis as well. It must be kept in mind that menopause can lead to other conditions as well.