Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sahebrao Gaikwad
Submit a review for Dr. Sahebrao GaikwadYour feedback matters!
I am 23 yr old i am suffering from dandruff prblm in last 3-4 yr.So many hair fall. I have consult many docter but no relif. My hair scalp is very weak. Kafi gaps bhi aa gya hairs m. So pls give me best solution.
My head is paining from last three days. Doc says I have problem ogmf migraine. He told me to take combo flame tablet. Will it work. Or should I consult another doctor.
Hello My Name is Shaik Nadeem Ahmed and I am 22 years old I just need to know how I wanna lose my weight My weight is 82 My height is 5'9"
Wife has had a lump in her right breast for 3 years, it is about the size of a large egg. The nipple is retracted as well, she will not go to her doctor, she has had so many complaints about hospitals and doctors treating us as animals, and have no sympathy. Can she walk into a hospital and ask for the lump to be removed and leave the same day?
When you feel pain or pressure in your head, it may become difficult for you to assess whether you are experiencing a common headache or a migraine. Let's understand how different they are from each other.
A typical headache usually affects both sides of your head and varies from a mild to moderate pain. It can last from 30 minutes to up to a period of one week.
Some specific areas which get affected by a headache are:
- Back of your neck
Factors that trigger this headache type are a muscle strain, stress or anxiety.
A migraine, on the other hand, is also a type of a headache which results in an acute throbbing sensation in one part of your head. Usually, migraine headaches are highly painful. Migraine pain makes it difficult for a person to carry out his/her daily tasks. Symptoms or signs associated with migraine attacks are:
- Sensitivity to sound or light
- Pain in the temples
- Temporary loss of vision
- Pain behind your ear or eye
What are the common causes of a migraine?
- Hormonal imbalances in women - fluctuations in oestrogen, especially during menopause or pregnancy seem to trigger a migraine
- Drinks like wine and extremely caffeinated beverages
- Foods such as salty foods, aged cheese as well as processed foods can trigger the migraine attack.
- Medications - vasodilators such as nitroglycerine and oral contraceptives can intensify migraine pain.
How to treat a headache?
Fortunately, you can get rid of stress-induced headaches through over-the-counter treatments, which include:
How to treat a migraine?
If you experience migraine attacks less frequently, these medicines may give you quick relief:
- Triptans, such as rizatriptan (Maxalt) or almotriptan (Axert)
- Antinausea medicines, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), promethazine (Phenergan) or prochlorperazine (Compazine)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as acetaminophen, naproxen sodium, aspirin or ibuprofen
Some preventive tips:
- Make changes in your diet such as avoid such foods, including caffeine and alcohol which are believed to trigger headaches.
- You can also try muscle relaxation exercises, yoga or meditation to ease the migraine attack. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.