Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
On March 3, I suddenly had mouth ulcer (may be due to fish bone). Then the doctor gave antibiotic for it. And after 2 days I had chill shiver and the next I had body rash covering my chest at ist and den face back and abdomen and hand and also legs and itchy rash with swollen lymph nodes near my ear. The swollen became normal within a week. From then I used to feel tired at times I used to have muscle twitched with localised body heats in different parts. Then I had pain in my muscles and joint which now became normal. And I have thus often, tightness feel in throat which goes away. But one thing was common, the tiredness, its always the same till now with muscle pain near the top right and left corners of my chest. In bright sunlight I have blurry visions. I showed doctor twice and and had to do cbc test, RA, widal test, urine test, hepatitis test which all came normal. All tests was done 4 months ago. Recently I did ANA test which came 1: 64 as negative. I just do not know why this malaise is not going.
Doctor I have a small lump in my tongue for the last 15 years it is neither increasing in size nor it is decreasing. Is it a cause of concern. What is your suggestion please. I am 55 years old. Thank you.
One of my female friend is suffering from mucocele. She's gone to a local doctor and he pressed the mucocele and asked her for wait for 3 to 4 days. And again she is having the same problem and this time more wide and she is feeling some pain as well. What should she do?
I have put up braces on my upper teeth last Friday. Since then apart from the pain I am experiencing a lot of ulcers in my gums especially in the gum line above of the upper teeth.
You may not look forward to a dental examination, but you can't avoid it. A dental checkup every six months is crucial to your dental health and to maintain that beautiful smile. Skipping a dental checkup may save you time and a little discomfort now, but can cost you much more pain, time and money in the long run.
Here are 6 reasons to maintain a regular dental check up schedule:
- Fight Cavities: A clean up is a big part of a dental examination. No matter how well you brush and floss, there will always be spots that you miss out on. With time, plaque and tartar can build up in these spots leading to cavities if not addressed in time. The worst part about cavities is that you can feel them only once the tooth has been damaged. Thus, if you skip your dental examination, you may need a filling instead of a simple cleaning.
- Prevent gum disease: Plaque and tartar affect not only your teeth, but your gums as well leading to diseases like gingivitis and periodontitis. These are marked by shrinking of the gums that makes teeth sockets loose and eventually lead to tooth loss. Gum disease treatment can be very painful and expensive hence it is best to get plaque and tartar cleaned regularly before they begin to cause a problem.
- A brighter smile: Your daily cup of coffee or tea can stain your teeth with time. Wine and cigarettes also contribute towards making your teeth look dull. A professional dental cleaning can help remove these stains and give you a brighter smile.
- Find hidden problems: X rays are also an important part of a dental examination. An X-ray can detect problems that lie under the surface like misaligned teeth, bone decay, tumors and cysts. These problems rarely show any symptoms in their early stages and hence without an X-ray you would have to wait for it to advance to a more painful stage before seeking treatment.
- Boost overall health: Regular dental checkups can also lower your risk for heart disease and stroke. In addition to checking your mouth, a dentist will also check neck, jaw and lymph nodes during a regular check up for swelling and other abnormalities. This can help in the early detection and treatment of a number of diseases.
- Detect oral cancer: Oral cancer is easily treatable if diagnosed in its early stages. However, the only way to diagnose this correctly is by visiting the dentist. A test for oral cancer is pain free and takes hardly any time.
So, think about it. Visiting the dentist may make you a little uncomfortable but in the long run is well worth.