Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin NaikYour feedback matters!
I am 27 year old female. Experiencing vaginal itching with discharge which is white odourless. The itching is not intense nor throughout the day nor the discharge is always only sometimes. please help.
I am 20 years old. I have been on medication for epilepsy for the past 4 years and I still on medication, I am using levipil 750 mg, twice a day. Recently in the month of june I got pregnant with my boyfriend currently living in china. I have consulted a Chinese doctor there and had a surgical abortion, after the abortion I had been taking some medicines and from the 4th day of my abortion I have been taking yasmin 3mg once a day as recommended by my doctor. But due to translation problems between Chinese and English I have misunderstood the way of taking the medicine and have been taking yasmin continuously from the 4th day of my abortion, it's been 5 weeks and 3 days till now. I have experienced unusual headaches continuously in the 4th week of taking the medicine. But now since a week it has reduced. Recently I found out that I have been taking the medicines wrongly as I was supposed to take yasmin 3 mg for only 21 days and then stop for a week (which I didn't). Please suggest me what steps should I take next.
I have itching rashes and burning in my vagina I took so many medicine cream hygiene wash etc but all vain I met gynac and dermatologist both since 3 months it's only temporary relief what to do to get complete relief.
Sweet potatoes come laden with many benefits. For 11 of the many fantastic reasons listed below, they are indeed dietary powerhouse!
1. Rich Source of Antioxidants: There are plenty of antioxidants in sweet potatoes like anthocyanin and beta carotene that have anti-inflammatory properties. This also helps in keeping ailments like asthma, gout and arthritis at bay.
2. Loaded with Manganese: Sweet potatoes contain reasonable amount of manganese, a vital mineral, which keeps body’s energy levels high. This mineral enables easy absorption of other nutrients and strengthens bones.
3. Contains Quercetin: Quercetin, an important dietary nutrient, is present in sweet potato that helps in lowering bad cholesterol and in reducing inflammation. This nutrient is also a natural antihistamine for combating even chronic allergies.
4. Controls Blood Sugar: Despite the presence of carbohydrates, sweet potatoes effectively control blood sugar by modifying insulin metabolism.
5. Healthy for Heart: Sweet potatoes come loaded with Vitamin B6 and potassium that are beneficial for heart. While Potassium helps in regulating blood pressure & curing muscular cramps and injuries, Vitamin B6 breaks down homocysteine that is known to harden the arteries.
6. Enriched with Vitamin C: Sweet potatoes have high content of vitamin C and capable of meeting as much as 40 percent of its daily requirement. This keeps skin and joints healthy.
7. Laden with Vitamin D: Vitamin D in sweet potato keeps immune system healthy and boosts energy levels.
8. Aids Digestion: Sweet potatoes, especially with skin, have good amount of fiber that helps in healing digestion and relieving constipation.
9. High in Folate: Sweet potatoes can be safely consumed by pregnant women for high content of folate in it. A good dose of folate helps in development of fetal tissue and cells.
10. Holds Anti-Inflammatory Nutrients: Presence of color-related pigments make sweet potato anti-inflammatory agent. Sweet potato phytonutrients diminish inflammation and associated problems.
11. Anti-bacterial and Anti-fungal: Presence of resin glycosides in sweet potatoes makes this tuber an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My periods are usually on 3rd of every month but this time till today I hav not got my periods what could b the reason n next week I ll b travelling out station n I don't want my periods tat time please help me with this.
Hello doctor. I am 28 years old female got married before 2 years. Try to conceive but not capable and also I have pcos problem so what should I do.
Contrary to popular belief, not all bacteria are harmful to us. Within our body, each 'human' cell is complemented by 10 microbial cells. These range from bacteria in the gut to viruses and fungi in other parts of the body. Gut bacteria help us to digest food, produce vitamins, communicate with the immune system and create small molecules that help the brain to function.
Thus, it is essential to have a healthy gut, by which we mean a gut with plenty of friendly bacteria. There are many different types of bacteria living in the gut. Each of these thrive on different foods. Thus to have a healthy gut, your diet should include a variety of cereals, fruits, and vegetables, etc. Here are a few tips to keep your gut bacteria healthy.
- Increase your fiber intake: A diet that is rich in fiber is the best way to promote the growth of diverse microbes in the gut. This includes fruits, vegetables, beans, lentils, cereals and nuts. Fiber also helps prevent constipation and has been linked to lowering the risk of cancer. To prevent the buildup of gas and bloating it is advisable to increase intake of fiber and drink plenty of water with all your meals.
- Include probiotic foods in your diet: Probiotics need not only be taken in the form of supplements. This can easily be incorporated into your daily diet. These can be defined as live bacteria and yeasts that help the digestive system. Yogurt is one of the most common sources of probiotics. Kimchi or fermented vegetables, miso, cheese, buttermilk, fermented condiments and lentil sprouts are other examples of probiotic foods you should include in your diet.
- Try having some carminatives in your meals: Carminative foods soothe the digestive system of the body. Some common carminatives are cumin, ginger, oatmeal, cardamom, cinnamon and fennel. While cumin helps with the digestion of black beans, cooked oatmeal lines the stomach and soothes it.
- Eat weight loss friendly food: Being overweight not only affects how you look, but also affects the digestion process. When you lose weight one of the first things you would notice is a lowered amount of abdominal discomfort as your gut begins to feel healthier.
This is because weight loss lowers the pressure on the lower esophageal sphincter. This does not allow the valve to open more than necessary and hence prevents food and stomach acid flowing back into the esophagus. Along with increasing your intake of fruits and vegetables, switch your cooking oil to olive oil and notice the difference.
Female 27 years old my last menstruation date was 3feb after that I had sex so done upt five times in five weeks with morning urine sample but it was negative then why my periods are late doctor gave me norethisterone(primoun-n) for five days. By self examination I have soft congested vagina do I have to worry about pregnancy?
Me n my husband r trying to conceive a child from last 5 years. My all reports r normal. But my husband semen report is not good. His motility is 0% of A&B grade. Sluggish sperm is 5%.so wat shud v do. please suggest. He took many medicines. But no improvement in motility. Sperm count is good more thn 70. please suggest true advice.
What is natural cycle IVF?
Natural cycle IVF involves collecting and fertilising the one egg that you release during your normal monthly cycle. No fertility drugs are used in this treatment.
Is natural cycle IVF for me?
It may be worth discussing this treatment option with your clinician if your periods are fairly regular and you are ovulating normally.
You are unable to take fertility drugs (for example, cancer patients or those whose clinician has suggested that they are at risk of OHSS – ovarian hyper-stimulation – a dangerous over-reaction to fertility drugs) because for personal or religious beliefs you do not wish to have surplus eggs or embryos destroyed or stored.
How does natural cycle IVF work?
The treatment is the same as conventional IVF, but without the fertility drugs that are used to stop natural egg production and hormones that boost the supply of eggs.
As your ovaries aren’t being artificially stimulated, you don’t need to rest as you would after conventional IVF.
If your treatment is unsuccessful, you can try again sooner if you wish.
Cuts and bruises is a common occurrence in any household. In most cases, they’re ignored and left to heal on their own. However, some injuries can take a while to heal. If you think about it, you’ll also notice that when you’ve injured yourself somewhere, you tend to keep hitting that spot against things and make it worse. Homeopathy is a form of treatment that has negligible side effects and is very effective at speeding up the healing process for bruises and other wounds. Here are a few common homeopathic medicines that you should keep at home to treat bruises etc.
- Arnica: Arnica is very effective when it comes to dealing with deep seated bruises. It can also be used to reduce swelling at the site of the injury. Arnica can be used in pill form or applied in the form of a cream. However, arnica should never be used on an open wound where the skin is cut. In the pill form, arnica can also be used to stop internal or external bleeding.
- Calendula: Calendula can be used to fasten the healing process. Along with bruises, it can also be used to treat ruptured muscles and tendons. When applied topically, it draws out dirt and prevents infections.
- Hypericum: This homeopathic remedy is very useful in treating injuries and wounds that cause nerve damage. It also ensures that a bruise heals from the inside and not only superficially.
- Ledum: Wounds that are caused by a sharp object or formed as a result of painful injections or the after effects of an epidural can be treated with Ledum. It promotes the removal of pus and prevents septic infections.
- Staphysagria: Staphysagria is used to treat sensitive wounds where the tissue is lacerated. In such cases, the sphincters are also found to be lacerated and stretched due to foreign bodies. Staphysagria can also be used to treat extremely painful wounds.
- Phytolacca: This is an excellent remedy for wounds that have a tendency to ulcerate or injuries that cause soreness and can trigger tetanus. Injured fibrous tissue or osseous muscle sheaths can also be treated with phytolacca.
- Bufo: Wounds that cause the area to feel numb and which trigger muscle spasms that leave the patient unable to move the part can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. It can also be used to treat regional hematomas triggered by the rupturing of blood vessels due to the trauma.