Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S S Gholap
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. S S GholapYour feedback matters!
Sir I am having allergic rhinitis for 4 years. I have taken lots of antihistamines but as I stop taking it attacks again. Kindly help me.
I am a 52 yrs old. My throat got infected whenever I use chatni and other khati thing, at present I am having throat infection, pl. Advise treatment. Last time when I got treatment of my throat, I face urine problem and still I am taking treatment for urine problem for the last 2 months.
I am having sore throat from last 4-5 days. Tried gargling with hot salty water from last couple of days but no relief from it. I don't have any other symptoms with this just a sore throat. And when I wake up in morning I have very dry throat. Please suggest what is this and suggest some medication for this.
I have heartburn, acidity problem from a long time. Always having irritation in throat. I want to consult a doctor in gurgaon. please help me.
Hello Doctor, Please advise. I'm suffering from Allergic rhinitis with the following symptoms: Itchy nose, eyes, throat, skin, sneezing.
Hi. I hv blemishes on my chicks nd nose and my skin become very dull and blackish. . Please advise what remedy should I take to avoid these skin problems. .
Sir for last two month I have problems in my throat such a as heaviness, pain, feeling of internal cuts and upper back pain. I have consulted four doctors in my home. They gave me medicines and I took these for 45 days. Now I am not taking any medicines after the visit of last Doctor Who told that everything is alright and he said to meet him after three months. I also feel pain when I speak for long sometimes I feel loss of words. My profession is teaching. Suggest me as I am afraid of any future problems or thinking about something unexpected in future.
I am suffering from nose blockage. Every tyn the season changes my nose gets blocked for 24 hrs. Whole day whole week whole year. I use otrivin to breathe. And Dr. preferred for operation bt some says tht aftr some tym of operation you will suffer again ths prob. So operation is nt a gud idea. Wht should I do.
I have suffer in nose bleeding. It's clear at to take a tablet period only. Just I want immediate relief. So give your valuable suggestion.
What should I do. M having snoring and nasal congestion (it means, my one nose's hole close) due to what I dont know specially left side. It ll not work properlly compare to right side nose's hole.
I am able hear very low as I think there is lot of dust inside my ear, but no pain. Let me know how to clear / clean the dust. Is there a drops that I can apply. I tried to clean using ear bud, but could not, as I feel the dust is deep in the ear. Please suggest.
Ear discharge may occur due to several reasons. Injury or trauma to the ear canal, a ruptured ear drum or an infection in the middle ear may be the most common causes of ear discharge. Eczema, swimmer’s ear and other skin irritations may also lead to this problem. While there are some simple home remedies to treat this disorder, always consult an ENT specialist if the discharge does not stop after the application of those treatments.
Let us look at some common ways to treat this disorder.
- Use gravity: While this method does not treat ear discharge per se, it does help in draining the fluid build-up in the ear. Just lie down on your side keeping the affected ear parallel to the ground. Use your finger to create a vacuum inside your ear and drain the fluid inside it. The finger must be clean. You can also use a cotton wad for this purpose. Another way could be by simply lying on your side with a towel under your ear.
- Use a warm compress: This treatment promotes the flow of ear discharge to its outer part, thereby alleviating the pain. Dip a clean piece of cloth in warm water, wring the cloth as much as you can and then place it around your ear for 2-5 minutes. Lie down on your side.
- Inhale steam: Inhaling steam, opens up the Eustachian tube, thereby promoting the flow of the trapped ear discharge. Simply mix a little bit of eucalyptus oil with some water, boil the mixture and inhale the steam. Tilt your head to one side so that the fluid drains out. Do this exercise for 5-10 minutes. Cover your head and the water with a towel to prevent the steam from escaping. Repeat this exercise as needed.
- Use vinegar and rubbing alcohol mixture: Vinegar and rubbing alcohol have excellent anti-microbial properties. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Put some drops of the mixture in a dropper. Lie down on your side with the infected ear upwards. Insert some drops of the solution with the dropper in your ear. Wait for 10 minutes and then drain out the ear discharge by tilting the infected ear to the other side. Repeat this exercise twice a day for better results.
- Use garlic oil: Crush 2-3 garlic cloves and extract its oil. Use a dropper to put 2-3 drops of this extract into your affected ear. Tilt the head to one side so that the juice settles down. Now hold a dryer next to the infected ear and let the warm air blow inside it. Repeat this exercise twice a day for better results.