Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. S M SathyeYour feedback matters!
Hi sir. Some black dot is moving in my right eye. Is there any thing loss of vision happened to me. Clarify my doubt. Thanking you.
Dear doctors I am having problem that my eyes are becoming yellow so what should I do for whitening.
I am having headache problem since last 3-4 months and also there is pain in the eyes, whereas I had shown to 2-3 doctors but there is head ache without eating but some time when I wake up there is little . please tell me what to do and also Whether CT scan or MRI should be taken.
My left eye is twitching since last 5-6 days. It is very irritating please help me with the cure of this problem.
Good day to everyone. I was wondering if I can get some advice before making an appointment to see my doctor. I have quite extensive arthitius in my neck and spine. Painkillers that I am using are working quite well at the God! I have now started to have slight numbness in my.
I am 26 years old male. Every morning when I wake up I find a sort of swelling around my eyes. It is this swelling that makes me lazy all that day Kindly look into the matter.
My eyes keep watering at nights and when got to check eyes get red till morning can you please give any solution.
I am suffering for glaucoma. I am using 9 pm eye drop. Please suggest me appropriate solution for this defect.
My new born baby of 15 days has got watery eyes. Water keeps coming out of her eyes. What needs to be done in this case.
I am having eye problem I have got dust in my I I can feel it but we tried Manny things It can not be seen.
My father is suffering from serious gastric problem, he even have a sever chest pain while coughing in gas, he know even started loosing his eye site because of gas. please sir/ mam help me out and prescribe some useful medicine and exercise.
I am 21 years old having myopia corrected with glasses having no. -1.75D and -1.25D want to remove this completely is it possible?
Hi I am told that I have carnia in my eyes. I have been advised to go for scan before performance of cataract surgery. Whether by taking macugold tab for 3 months that can be cured and in that case scan may not be needed. Doctors say contract surgery is not needed urgently and can be postponed for 6 months, during this six months period whether the above medicine advised for 3 months will have desired effect on carnia
I am 29 years old girl. I have pain in my eyes head cheekbones n area around. I cannot bend my head and do any work. Sometimes I have pain in my jaws also. What should I do?
My daughter is 3year 10 months old. In her left eye there is a clout from 2 months. Doctor said it puss. How it can be treated?
If you’ve ever played Blind Man’s Buff you know how helpless it can feel to be unable to see. While some people are born blind, others lose sight as a result of health issues, accidents etc. Imagine how a person would feel to be able to see something for the first time or to regain their sight?
Every human being with sight can choose to donate their eyes after their death and gift another person vision. When it comes to eye donation, there is no restriction on the person’s age or overall health. Even a person who has had surgery on their eyes can choose to donate them as long as the cornea is unaffected. It is not only noble but the thought of being able to give some a chance to see the world with your eyes can give you immense joy.
However, just a thought is not enough, there are few other facts to be kept in mind before going for eye donation:
- Eyes need to be donated within 6 hours of a person’s death: For your eyes to be viable for a donation they must be harvested within 6 hours of death. Thus, if you choose to be a donor, it is important for you to inform your family and friends of this decision. Eye donation can also be authorized by the deceased’s next of kin.
- Donation does not cost money: There are no costs involved in donating your eyes. Profiting by buying and selling human organs and tissues is a criminal at and can be punishable by law.
- The whole eye is not transplanted: The most common cause of blindness is a damaged or diseased cornea. Thus, only this area is transplanted to enable a person to see. The cornea is a thin, transparent flap located in front of the colored part of the eye. Thus, donating eyes does not disfigure the deceased person in any way.
- Even people who wear spectacles can donate their eyes: Short sightedness or far sightedness are conditions caused by irregularities with the lens inside the eye and do not affect the cornea. Thus these conditions do not interfere with their ability to donate their eyes after death. Even people who have been operated upon for cataracts, retinal detachments or glaucoma may choose to donate their eyes. It is even possible for a person who has received a corneal transplant to donate their eyes as long as the cornea is healthy and clear.
- Corneal Transplants have a high success rate: There is no blood supply to the cornea and hence there is a very low risk of the body rejecting a donor cornea. In many cases, this rejection can be treated and suppressed with medication.
Though over 30,000 corneas are donated and transplanted each year, there is still a long waiting list at eye banks. Thus, it time you take a pledge to make someone else's life beautiful. Do not think twice about donating your eyes and encourage people around you to do so as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.