Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I have gastric and kidney Stone problem. Flow rate of urine not well, every hour and minutes also want go toilet regarding urine.
Hi. Whenever I paas urine I feel burning sensation and little pain. Have done ultrasound todays. Reports says 8 mm calculus is seen at left VUJ with upstream hydroureteronephrosis. Both kidneys are normal. What should I do now. please suggest treatment.
I am 24 years old. Last month I got to know that I don't have my right kidney and left one has a swelling. But I don't feel any problem with myself and I am fit. My GFR reading is 94ml/min. Doing pyeloplasty operation at this point of time is necessary or I can avoid for now? I was about to join my 1st ship in merchant navy when I got to know this. Please help.
My son is 14 years his height is short ldid tasting all but report is normal he is in hostel he plays basket boll and swimming. When he is new born he has problem of nimonia and one kidney is absent but now he is allright.
My gall bladder was removed in 2010. Now after six years a stone 3 mm has been detected at the bile duct opening to stomach and I had to go for ercp. A plastic stunt was inserted which was removed after four weeks. Why the stone did't pass to stomach. When the gall bladder has been removed long back, from where this stone has come up now. Can it happen again. What is the treatment that stone does not come again.
I have little pain while urination, at place where urine comes out, it's not exactly pain and it only happens while urination, only this problem no blisters or pimples or anything, it's happening from last 5-7 days, I had one unsafe sex about 10 days back but I didn't bleed or anything.
Those two, small bean-shaped organs are indeed essential for a perfectly healthy life. To check if a person is dead or living, medical practitioners need to confirm response from three organs of the human body heart, brain and kidneys. Kidneys absorb impurities from the blood, thus, purifying it and lead to the production of urine. Urine is necessary to rid your system of body wastes. Kidneys play a key role in maintaining hormone balance. The presence of any factor that could impede free functioning of this organ should be diagnosed, treated and eliminated at the earliest possible. Kidney diseases and subsequent kidney failure see no age bar. It affects both young and old people. In case of younger folks, the symptoms take years to surface and thus the chances of a fatal outcome are even higher.
Causes of kidney failure at a tender age:
- Chain smoking is a trigger: Smokers suffer from a higher risk of kidney failure. Smoking is a bad habit that has engulfed almost ninety percent of young adults. Irrespective of awareness programs and warning messages, there are millions who smoke nonchalantly. Smoking is known to impair kidney function which again can have frightening implications.
- High blood pressure levels must be controlled: Since stress is a common phenomenon among most individuals high blood pressure is also prevalent among a majority of these individuals. Younger people suffer from high blood pressure due to workplace politics and familial tensions. High blood pressure should not be taken lightly. Exercising and regular medications should be opted for in order to counter the threat of kidney failure at a young age.
- If you are obese, you are stepping closer to the threat: If not optimal; being close to the optimal body weight is very necessary to keep health disorders in check. If you are obese, you are not safe; one must make efforts to lose weight or else face the alarming situation when his or her kidneys fail to function properly.
- Consumption of junk food can cause complications: Junk food is fatty. One must keep away from high-protein and high-fat diet. Food items rich in protein and fats can push you towards chronic kidney diseases.
- Genetics may discern the health of your kidneys: The incidence of kidney failure in your family history can make you prone to a similar condition. Extra care should be taken to avoid any such possibility. Regular health check-ups should be undertaken.