Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rujuth MathweYour feedback matters!
I have having heavy eye vision problem from last one year my specs no. Has increased from 0.25 to 2.50 please suggest me some exercise and medicine which can help me in having more clear vision.
My eyes become red for sometime and normal later. Only right eye had this redness for the last 2 years and now left eye also become redness. It disappears later.
I have GLAUCOMA and CATARACT in my eyes from past 3 years. CATARACT is very minor but in center of my both eyes that troubles me to see. Two days later I have my operation for CATARACT. But due to GLAUCOMA this will not help me much. Pressure of my eyes is14. 6 . I regularly use EVERFRESH drop 4 times a day and LUPITROS drop every night before sleep. Please suggest me something for this GLAUCOMA.
I am 28 Year Old and I am suffering from Eye prob where my half of my part will become red and I start getting irritation and Headache, When I consulted the Doc they have given me Flow-gel which I feel only Temporary Solution for prob that I have. So could please suggest some permanent solution for my Eye prob.
I am diabetic and consistently getting my long site vision poor. I am using cylindrical eyesight specs suggest me diet plan I am taking Glycomet gp2 forte twice a day.
Hi sir/Madam I am suffering from falling 3 to 4 times a day in which Im getting memory and eyes problem. Die to this I can't work and can't study also. My age 20 years. It is a request to suggest me good.
Sir, water is coming from my eyes from many days. It is not an eye viral something else would you suggest some possible reasons with medicine names.
Sir mujhe eyes ke upper wale jaha eye bro hai waha sojan rahne lag gayi or mujhe pairo ke taluo me bhi pshina aata hai please tell me suggestion.
My eyes are going weak and I am suffering from myopia n my spectacle no. Is -4.5 and I am really worried that it goes on increasing rapidly so what I do to control it and reduce it.
What is voluntary nystagmus? Is this nystagmus result of eye strain? I mean to say how common is voluntary nystagmus? I experience set of uncontrollable eye moments for couple Of Seconds because I have to much eye strain. Also I cannot stare my eyes on something for more than 5-6 seconds. When I cover my one eye my other eye become More strained I after that l cannot. Put my one opened eye focused on something? Is this nystagmus? Or result of strain?
Hii Dr. There is some pain in my eyes. Everyday water is coming out from my eyes what can I do plzzz help dr.
I am 22 and my eys go red and watery mostly in sun. Sometimes a white spots is seen in my right eye and it is painfully to see anything. Give me suggestions please.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing laser treatment for removal of spectacles Number -3 & -4.
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: The persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.