Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravi Kiran
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi KiranYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my throat since three months and I am a thyroid patient what is the cause of this pain.
I am suffering from throat infection since past 2- 3 days. Bad cough and pain in throat. Is azithral recommended?
I am 5 months pregnant. I have low BP 65/107. I am feeling dizzy while changing my position. What should I do?
I am 28 years old, I had sinus problem for that I am taking medicines. But apart of that I am having snoring problem a lot of sound is coming from my throat during sleeping time. Please help me how I can minimized that.
I am of 24 age and before some days I got dizziness like I was feeling my head is circulating whenever I got up or lay down. What cause of reason could be there?
I am having throat problem from morning. I cannot speak. Voice is not coming out. Please help me out. There is no throat pain, only the problem is I couldn't speak.
I need permanent treatment for tonsillitis/tonsils. I consult with many doctors/ENT specialist, took lots of medicines/anti-biotic but after few days tonsils activate again. Please suggest me any method or any medicine/treatment.
I am 22 years old and I have facing sneezing problem for the last 3 years. My nasal septum is slightly deviated in the left side. In the morning after waking up when I get the water in my nose its starts sneezing. I was taking allergic pills and nasal spray for last 2 and half year, when I stop taking this pills it starts again.
- Consult your doctor: Before deciding on undergoing a nose surgery, speak with your doctor regarding issues with your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
- The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep).
- The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
- Recovery after the surgery: You will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over. You should avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 6 weeks. Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Type of rhinoplasty you can opt for
- Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring.
- Open rhinoplasty: An additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks associated with it
Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
- Adverse effect to anesthesia
- Unfavorable outcomes
- Visible scarring
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic nosebleeds
- A perforated septum
- Burst blood vessels
- Nervous damage
- Possibility of revision surgery
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!