Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RattaYour feedback matters!
There is a kid about 11 months old in my locality. I noticed that he is v anaemic though the child is very playful. What should be done? I think parents are not providing proper diet. Child also looks small in size.
I have 5 months old baby, she is on teething n now she is facing problems like frequent motions which is now green in color n 100 fever. What shud I do?
My daughter is 1 year 6 month old. Her weight is about 7 kg. She is not fair and her skin looks very dull. She is very lean and thin also. Please sugest me some medicine or other things such as food schedule to make her fair a And improve her weight.
My baby is 3 and half months old now and has slight hairfall. Is this normal? What can I do reduce hair fall in my baby?
My baby is 25 days old and every time she passes gas or even otherwise little poops comes out. Her normal poops are abut 3 to 4 times per day but this small ones means I am changing her nappy in every five minutes. Please advise is this normal or not.
My son is 10 months old. From how many months water is given to kids? I give him milk, juices (including water however), but not water as a whole.
Children are more susceptible to health problems as their immunity is still developing and along with frequent infections such as fever or stomach problems, skin problems are a common affliction. Most skin problems within children are a manifestation of the underlying conditions such as allergies or other sicknesses. Some of the common skin allergies and problems are mentioned here.
- Heat Rash or Prickly Heat: This is possibly the most common skin condition that children are generally afflicted by. These are small red bumps on the skin which look like minute pimples. It is caused due to the blockage of the pores and excessive sweating due to hot weather or wearing warm clothes.
- Ringworm: Unlike the name, this condition isn’t actually caused by the infection from a worm. Ringworm is named so due to the ring that forms on the skin which is scaly, inflamed, red in color and can be quite itchy. It is mostly caused by a fungus that lives on the skin. Ringworms are mostly passed through skin to skin contact.
- Chickenpox Rashes: Although there are vaccines that have minimized the occurrence of this disease, it still occurs from time to time. One of the tell-tale signs of this disease are the rashes that may develop all over the body which is accompanied by fever. Although, these may go away, some marks from the rashes may remain and it is important to take care so that they don’t leave any mark behind.
- Eczema: This is another very common skin condition that afflicts many kids and is usually attributed to allergies and asthma. The typical symptoms usually include a patch of raised skin which is inflamed and red. Children often complain about excessive itching and the affected skin tends to be quite dry. Although topical medications are useful, curing or treating the underlying symptoms shows remarkable improvement.
- Impetigo: This is a type of bacterial infection which primarily occurs around the mouth and nose but repeated scratching can spread it around other parts of the body as well. In this condition, red sores or blisters may develop on the skin and then develop a yellow crust which may even ooze fluid sometimes. It is mostly spread by the use of objects such as toys and clothing items or even towels. Antibiotics may be required to treat this condition.
- Allergic reactions or contact dermatitis: Another very common skin problems that affect kids, this occurs as a reaction to certain chemicals such as those found in certain foods, soaps, plants or insects which may either cause a lesion or an inflamed area on the skin. In some cases, it may form blister, although all of these will go away on their own. However, if it persists for more than a week or two or if it is extremely painful, you should immediately take your child to the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
My daughter is 2 and half months now. She is. Passing stools from last two weeks in a watery way. And it happens as soon as I feed her. Coming along with a fart. She is only on breast feeding. She s not sleeping in the day time after this. Am not eating anything from outside. Only diet from home. Kindly guide.
My baby girl was born on 3rd october premature at 32 weeks. She was in NICU for 3 weeks due to infection. Her OAE test results REFER however the child responds to sound of rattles. When the child cries and we use rattle to soothe her she stops crying instantly Please suggest of she has hearing loss.
My daughter is 3.5 years old but she has not started eating everything now can you help me for the same that she should start eating and she also eats chocolates more, also she is on feeding what are the ways to leave her feeding. Please help.
Hi my son is Situs inverses totalis .And he had aspiration pneumonia on his 2nd day of birth .He was given treatment in Rainbow hospital Hyderabad. Now he is 4 months old. And his growth is normal. He caughs too much during night time and vomits frequently . His activities are quite natural .We are worried about his caught and he gets frequent cold. Please advice.
My child is suffering from fever. On the first day, he is having 102 Fahrenheit and now i. E. After three days - 101 Fahrenheit. He is 15 years old. His eyes are red. When he eats spicy food, he is having motions too. Would you consult me tablets.
My daughter 3 months old and she is suffering from lice in hair. Please suggest the best brand hair oil to prevent from lice?
What is full treatment for a 5 year old child with typhoid and what food he should take and what exercise he should. Can he go to school and eat normal food. Please reply soon.
Hearing health has come a long way in the last 10 years, yet there are still a lot of misconceptions about hearing loss. Do you think hearing loss only affects the elderly? or maybe you believe your primary care physician can tell you if you have a hearing loss during a routine physical. Do you believe hearing aids will give you back normal hearing or that your health won't be affected if you have hearing loss in just one ear? how about this myth: hearing loss is a consequence of aging - and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
If you recognize your school of thought when you read any of these five myths, it's time to change your perspective. There's no reason misconceptions should stand in the way of hearing your best.
1)Hearing loss only affects the elderly.
In fact, teens and young adults are at risk for developing a very preventable type of hearing loss. Noise-induced hearing loss (nihl) is one of the most common causes of hearing loss, affecting approximately 26 million americans between the ages of 20 and 69. According to the centers for disease control and prevention (cdc), as many as 16 percent of teens age 12 to 19 have reported some hearing loss which may be caused by loud noise. Approximately 20 percent of americans - around 48 million americans - report some degree of hearing loss. Additionally, hearing loss occurs in five out of every 1, 000 newborns each year in the united states. Hearing loss can be caused by any number of factors: ototoxic medication, environmental factors, disease or genetics. In some cases, the cause of hearing loss is simply unknown.
2) My primary physician will tell me if my hearing is failing.
The last time you went for a physical, did your doctor perform a hearing test on you? chances are he or she didn't, because very few doctors do. Your doctor relies on you to bring any health problems to light just as much as you rely on your doctor to do the same. Since your general practitioner is only so well-versed in specific areas of the body, you should have your hearing checked routinely by a hearing health practitioner, just as you have your vision checked or your teeth cleaned.
Hearing health professionals are specifically educated and trained to administer hearing tests, diagnose hearing loss and prescribe treatment. If you notice your hearing has diminished, find a hearing healthcare professional in your area and make an appointment. At the very least, you will have established a relationship with someone you trust who now has a baseline of how well you hear. If you visit them annually, just like you do your primary care physician, they'll be able to detect any hearing loss as it occurs.
3) I notice a difference in one ear, but the other is fine so I'm ok.
Your brain is a thing of wonder. If the hearing in one ear starts to fade, your brain will adapt to the changes, at least up to a certain point. Your hearing loss could be well-advanced before you even notice a difference. There are countless stories of people who were oblivious to the extent of their hearing loss before they finally admitted they needed hearing aids. A regular hearing test can help track your hearing capability.
Here's another brain fact. Your brain is so involved with your sense of hearing, it can 'forget' how to hear certain sounds if the auditory pathways become damaged and hearing loss is untreated. That's one of the reasons why it's important not only to have your hearing checked regularly, but to seek treatment once hearing loss has been diagnosed.
Untreated hearing loss has also been associated with dementia, social isolation, depression and anxiety - other good reasons to see your hearing healthcare professional as soon as you notice you are not hearing well.
4) Hearing aids will restore my hearing to normal levels.
Today's hearing aids are technological marvels. Their sensitive microphones can focus on speech while tuning out background noise, they can be programmed with the touch of a smartphone, and they work in tandem with many other personal electronic devices in our lives. The one thing hearing aids can't do; however, is restore your hearing to 'normal.' as much as we've learned about how our sense of hearing works, there is no man-made device that can completely replicate human hearing.
The good news? hearing aids can significantly improve your ability to hear well, which leads to enhanced communication with family, friends and co-workers. The key is to work closely with your hearing healthcare professional to make sure your hearing aids help you hear your best in each of your personal listening environments.
5) My hearing loss cannot be helped.
Have you asked a hearing health practitioner about your hearing loss? many forms of hearing loss can indeed be improved, whether it be by hearing aids, surgery, medication or a simple ear wax removal procedure. You'll never know if you never ask. And, if it's been a few years since you've seen a hearing healthcare professional, consider making another appointment. The field of hearing health is rapidly changing. Hearing loss that was difficult to address even a few years ago may be treatable now.
I have a girl child of 2 years 4 months. She is staying with my parents. She is a hyper active girl. For the past 3 days. She could not report the urine. What I mean to say is .previously she was repeating us when she wanted to urinate. And we will take her out/wash room. But now she could not recognize that. And pissing automatically in dress. Daily at night time. We use has to her. Day time she used to tell about urine / motion. Now also she will tell about motion but not urine. She Is not feeling any pain in vagina. Is that any bad sign or need to consult doctor. Kindly suggest.
Scientists: Galileo, Louis Pasteur, Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, and Alexander Graham Bell.
Actors: George C. Scott, George Burns, Steve McQueen, and Sylvester Stallone.
Authors: Hans Christian Anderson, George Bernard Shaw, and F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Musicians: Mozart, Beethoven, John Lennon, and Cher.
Athletes: ?Magic? Johnson, Bruce Jenner, Carl Lewis, and Nolan Ryan.
Politicians: John F. Kennedy, Nelson Rockefeller, Dwight Eisenhower, and Woodrow Wilson.
Military leaders: General Patton and General Westmoreland
- See more at: http://www.Learningrx.Com/famous-people-with-learning-disabilities.Htm#sthash.B5tMXOng.Dpuf
Learning Disabilities results from a difference in the way a person's brain is "wired" Children with learning disabilities are as smart or smarter than their peers. But they may have difficulty reading, writing, spelling, reasoning, recalling and/or organizing information if left to figure things out by themselves or if taught in conventional ways.
A learning disability can't be cured or fixed; it is a lifelong issue. With the right support and intervention, however, children with learning disabilities can succeed in school and lead successful lives, often distinguished careers later in life.
Parents can help children with learning disabilities achieve such success by encouraging their strengths, knowing their weaknesses, understanding the educational system, working with professionals and learning about strategies for dealing with specific difficulties.This condition affects the brain's ability to receive and process information. This disorder can make it problematic for a person to learn as quickly or in the same way as someone who is not affected by any such issues. First step in helping such brilliant minds is understanding without judging.
My son is only 1.2 years old, abd he is suffering from cold issue. Can any doctor suggest me for best remedy? And please help me what kind of medicine I have to stock for emergency for kids?
Both natural and homeopathic remedies can efficiently deal with lactose intolerance and thus you should check the reports of the patient for finding the best solution. You can choose any of these remedies or else can continue with both.
List of homeopathic medicines for treating lactose intolerance
- Aethusa Cynapium: The medicine helps in the digestion of milk so that unwanted stomach aches can be easily avoided. On the other hand, health condition of the kids can also be improved to a great extent using this medicine. Loose tools or green colour diarrhea due to dairy products can be prevented with care.
- Apis Mellifica: Milk allergies can be easily cured with this medicine and thus kids are often prescribed the drug by a homeopathic expert. A few symptoms are found in kids due to lactose intolerance like breathing difficulty, body itchiness, redness, swelling, skin rashes and others. All these symptoms can be treated by this homeopathy medicine.
- China Officinalis: This medicine is mainly prescribed to those kids for whom Apis Mellifica is not the suitable one. Flatulence, belching and bloating can be properly controlled or regulated by taking this drug regularly. Excessive mucus formation, chest's rattling sound and excessive coughing might occur with dairy intolerance and these symptoms might get severe. This is the reason the doctors often prescribe this medicine as the best option.
A few natural remedies for treating lactose intolerance
- Probiotics: These are specialized bacteria that not only help in improving digestion, but proper nourishment can also be gained.
- Coconut milk: This is now considered as one of the leading substitutes for different dairy products.
- Apple cider vinegar: Lactose intolerance signs can be completely eradicated along with the maintenance of body balance by consuming apple cider vinegar regularly. This is a natural product, and thus you can take the same regularly without taking a doctor's permission.
- Fermented products: Kimchi and Sauerkraut are those fermented foods that can create helpful bacteria as a result of which the gut can be re-populated and digestive system can be regulated. The symptoms will get reduced slowly with the consistent intake of these foods.
- Yogurt: This can be taken with meals as it is enriched with beneficial bacteria that can help in digesting different other dairy products. With the consumption of yoghurt, Lactose can be broken down naturally, and on the other hand, digestion can be improved.