Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RattaYour feedback matters!
Tomorrow 3rd Oct'15 will be my son's first birth day. He doesn't have a single tooth as of now. What should be the probable reason for the same.
My daughter is suffering from stomach ache and loose motions form yesterday night ,moreover I found blood in her motions so please prescribe me duet as well as any medicine.
I have 2.5 month baby she is suffering from cold and cough from 1 week I saw her a child Dr. He gave him asthakind and switch drop but no benefit Can you suggest me any best treatment Thanks.
My baby is 10 months old. As I am a working lady, he was fed formula milk along with breast milk since birth. He started eating when he became 6 months old. Now he is on food and breast milk, formula milk is totally discontinued. Can I give him cow's milk now?
Hello Dr. mera baby one and half month ka hai aaj wo subah se sota hi jaa rha hai even rat me bhi puri rat soya tha wo feed be kam kar rha hai kya reason ho skta hai plzz rply urgent.
Is it just that more cases are being reported or is there an actual increase in child abuse cases? This can be debated, but the hard-hitting fact is a definite increase in the number of child abuse incidents. Unbelievable as it may sound, the abuse is not always about strangers. It could come from unsuspected corners – close family and friends who frequently visit the home and have access to the child. It is not just limited to the girl child; male child abuse is equally likely and is happening.
As much as we try to look for possible culprits, it would not be. Given the number of people in our social circles, both close and extended, it is very difficult to always be on the look. Plus, there are a number of people who are totally unfamiliar (schools, workplace, parks, shops, etc.). The best defense for the parents would be to teach the child about what he or she should watch out for. This should be further enhanced by the parent knowing the signs to watch for as a result of child abuse.
Educating the child is extremely important. Also, emphasize on the child coming back and telling you if anything unpleasant has happened. This is the most difficult and effective aspect for parents.
- Talk to your child about good touch and bad touch.
- Teach them names of private parts (or alternates if you prefer) and get them to use these.
- Emphasize that unless someone is involved in their health and hygiene, there is no need to touch their private parts.
- Even lingering touches inappropriately in certain parts (buttocks, chest, thighs, etc.) should be discussed.
- Give them the confidence to talk to you, if they even doubt that someone touched them badly.
- Do not chide or scold the child, as it is not their mistake.
- Even if they are complaining about someone close, do not disbelieve them.
- Give them a patient hearing about the full episode, let them talk, and if required, you can always ask for more details.
- Cutting them off in the first instance will take away their complete confidence, and they will never confide again. This is very important, as the child needs to believe that he/she is being listened to and believed.
- Do not be mad at them; it was not their fault. Give them this assurance multiple times, and let them know that nothing changes as you will help them.
Children get scared and withdraw into a shell if anything happens, and unless they have the confidence, they may not open up at all. Therefore, educating the child is the most important and effective way to control child sexual abuse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.