Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashila
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RashilaYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy is one of the most successful alternative systems of medicine, which has gained prominence with time. Homeopathy has always been associated with various controversies, but has emerged successfully due to its principles and scientifically proven products.
In spite of its success over the years, many people still abstain from using homeopathic medicines for healing purposes. Here are some myths about homeopathy nullified:
- Homeopathic medicines are slow to act: This is one of the most important myths which abstain people from using homeopathic treatment. Homeopathic medicines are selected on the basis of the characteristics of the signs and symptoms and not just on the basis of diagnosis of a certain case. In homeopathy, an exact match needs to be done between the medical symptoms and symptoms of the disease. In case the symptoms do not match, the effect of the medicine becomes slow. The mismatch occurs due to the homeopaths mistake, and it is not a mistake of homeopathy. When the medical symptoms and disease symptoms match, homeopathic medicines work effectively and fast.
- Some homeopaths do not disclose the name of the medicines they give: This is another major myth about homeopathic medicines. Homeopaths do not hide the names of medicines they give you, and if you are educated enough to understand the depth of homeopathy, you should know that there is nothing like homeopaths hiding the names of medicines theyre giving you. Homeopathy differs and unlike modern medicines, its remedy differs from person to person. For example, for two people suffering from common cold, the remedy may not be the same. If you get to know about a homeopathic medicine, which has cured cold in a friend and use it on yourself abruptly, you may have side effects or no effects at all. Even in one particular patient, the symptoms may vary every time he gets a similar cold, and the medicines also have to be changed. You must always consult a homeopath before using a homeopathic medicine on your own.
- While having homeopathic treatment, the patient's symptoms get aggravated: Homeopathic medicines are given when the medical and disease symptoms match. Thus, during the initial period of a homeopathic treatment, a little aggravation of the symptoms indicates that the medicines have started acting. This is a good sign and also denotes that the right medicine has been selected. This aggravation does not continue for long and after a short period, the patient experiences great relief. In many cases, the patients do not experience such early aggravation or symptoms. Extreme aggravation sometimes denotes improper medicine selection.
Homeopathy is a trusted and the most natural medicine that exists. There are certain myths about homeopathy, which are wrong and need to be cleared, so that more people can resort to homeopathy. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My wife is pregnant since 6 weeks and her last missed period date is March 8 and her last period date is Feb 8. I wanted know how many month of pregnancy is this and when the scanning should be taken?
Ayurveda states that all our bodily and mental energies are divided into three major doshas, the Vata dosha, pitta dosha and kapha dosha. The kapha dosha is derived from Earth and Water elements and is the energy required for building as well as lubricating the body to provide the body with a physical form and also provide smooth organ functioning. So, basically, the kapha dosha glues and lubricates the body into one. Kapha has qualities that include cold, moist, heavy, sticky, soft, dull, and static. A kapha person usually shows physical and mental qualities that have the reflections of these qualities.
Where exactly does kapha exist and what does it do?
Kapha is mainly located in areas such as the chest, lungs, throat, lymph, head, connective tissue, fatty tissue, tendons, and ligaments.
- Physiologically- The kapha dosha helps in moistening the food, lubricating the joints, giving bulk to the tissues, storing energy and relating to cooling bodily fluids like lymph, water and mucous.
- Psychologically: The kapha dosha helps in aspects of love, patience, greed, forgiveness and attachment.
Individuals with an imbalance in the kapha dosha may exhibit bodily disorders like sinus, cough and cold, obesity, congestion and anything related to mucous. Mentally, the kapha imbalance may lead to lethargy, depression and unnecessary attachment tendencies.
Causes of kapha imbalance
Eating kapha aggravating foods like meat, wheat, fatty and fried food excessively, indulging in eating to offset emotions, spending a lot of time in dampness, not carrying out many physical activities, spending a lot of time indoors are a few of the causes of kapha imbalance, to begin with.
Tips to have a balanced kapha dosha
- One should eat a kapha balancing diet, which includes light, warm, dry and rough foods.
- One should not eat foods like meat, wheat, fried food after sundown.
- One should eat in a nice, caring and loving environment.
- One should not indulge in a luxurious and the leisurely lifestyle.
- One should try and focus on non- attachment in their daily lives.
- One should do their own housekeeping regularly.
- One should make time for some introspective activities like meditation.
- One should try and understand the difference between being-nice and being-taken-advantage-of.
- One should try to have a proper sleep cycle by going to bed as well as rising early. Daytime naps should be avoided.
Hence these are some of the ways to achieve a balanced kapha. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi. I masturbate 2 times a day (I use my finger. Sometimes pens and banana). ANd my vagina becomes very larger. What should I do .please suggest?
Avoid cold diets, ice cream, curd, sour things, spicy items, fruits, etc. And take fresh ginger piece and tulasi leaves 4; 5, and prepare paste add two spoon of honey and take every day morning and evening