Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh Mange
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh MangeYour feedback matters!
I've had this problem with my ears since fall 2012. I was outside a lot during this time & started hearing ringing, ears super itchy, clogged, a lot ear wax and at some point the earwax smells really bad & I ruptured both ear drums. My Dr. prescribed this medicated ear drops for me (don't remember the name) & it worked but next fall came & I had the same symptoms again! It's been an endless cycle since then & it gets really bad during the extreme heat season (basically all year round in FL), humidity. However it goes away in the winter/ whenever it is cold. My aunt has this too & I was wondering what can I do? Why does it keep coming back? How do I properly clean my ears/ how can I prevent this from happening over and over again?
The most common ear infections happen because of bacterial or viral growth in the middle ear, the part which lies just behind the ear drum. Middle-ear infections can be very painful and children are most commonly reported in children. Most of these infections are caused by the blockage of the Eustachian tube, which connects the ear and the throat, causing the build-up of fluids and swelling. Here is a guide to the most common forms of ear infections and their symptoms, ranging from the acute to the chronic.
Acute infections have intense symptoms but can be cured with time and treatment. They generally last for shorter durations.
In Chronic cases of infections, the patient complains of recurrent symptoms multiple times. Chronic ear infections have the potential of causing permanent damage to the ear.
Symptoms reported by most patients with Ear infections:
1. Pain in the ear (Mild to severe): This is caused due to increased pressure owing to the blockage of the Eustachian tube. Collection of fluid inside the ear would increase the intensity of pain in most cases. Children will keep tugging at their ear and most likely be cranky.
2. Redness and swelling: Both of these are inevitable accompanying symptoms in case of any infection in the body.
3. Oozing of the fluids: The blockage leads to the fluid being released from the ear which can be watery, thick yellow or mixed with blood depending on the severity and type of infection.
5. Difficulty in sleeping.
6. In some cases when the infection spreads, difficulty in balancing the body is experienced as body balance is maintained by ears.
7. The patient might also experience increased irritability.
8. Ear infections can also cause a hearing problem if the condition continues to go untreated.
Ear infections should be promptly dealt with to prevent long-term damages. So here is what should be done when you have ear pain symptoms.
1. Consult an ENT who will prescribe pain medication as the first line of treatment.
2. After the necessary tests are done, antibiotics are prescribed in most cases by the doctor. Other medications for palliative treatment (to ease the symptoms) are administered. However in a few rare cases, the infection might be because of non-bacterial causes in which antibiotics might not cure the state.
3. In case the problem keeps recurring, one must visit the doctor again and get further tests and treatment done.
As prevention is always better than cure, care should be taken to avoid all chances of carrying the infection to your ear. Maintain cleanliness in and around, especially in the case of children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I feel very weak and I also get tired quickly. I feel dizzy sometimes and I vomited few times, what should I do.
I have discomfort in chest with irritation in throat and tingling in both hands and feet also feels weak sometimes I have shortness of breath while walking few steps I have abdominal discomfort with loose stools after I ate.
I have a friend who used dog ear drops with name as calm ear in her nose. Suddenly realized and washed it thoroughly. Is it necessary to seek doctor advice or can relax on it.
I had right ear discharge since 10 years so I loss hearing. Two ears back I had right ear surgery, some times i'm having discharge, at present right ear not hearing means I loss hearing. How I get hearing.
What is new drum repair surgery?
Majority of patients coming with ear discharge or hole in ear drum or hearing loss when advised Tympanoplasty or Tympano-mastoidectomy ask what is new ear drum? Tympanoplasty means exploration of middle ear , removal of disease if there any and repair of ear drum &/or ossicles (3 tiny bones for hearing). New drum formation takes place after 3 wks or more, after we put temporalis fascia taken from behind & above pinna or perchondrium &/or cartilage as graft when disease demand only ,then mastiod bone (which is extension of middle ear cleft behind) is also drilled open or removed. Bones of hearing may be refashioned from existing ones if needed or may be cartilage or titanium etc prosthesis can be used to improve hearing. Successful operation means stoppage of discharge, closure of hole and improvement in hearing. Patient should not have complaints of persistent pain or itching hence preoperative nasal sinus and throat infections must be treated and pt must avoid cold exposure and infections. Head wash must be avoided for 3wks so also forceful blowing nose. However a valsalva exercise in absence of cold is beneficial. Microsurgery of ear today has very high success rate,done under local anaesthesia except in children and should not be feared. patient can go back to his/her town next day and resume work on day 3rd.