Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh GundechaYour feedback matters!
In which month baby can turn on his tummy or we should do this for sometime? And how much time he can be on his tummy?
My son who is 3 months old has a reflux immediately after a feed every time. Is this a matter of concern?
My daughter, aged 6.5 years underwent bilateral femoral osteotomy in Dec 2015 and Jan 2016. She was in hip spica cast for a total of eight weeks, followed by hip brace for four weeks. But her knees were flexed inwards after she came off the spica cast . After regular therapy for the past five months, it has opened out from 150 degrees to about 50 degrees now, Hips are in abducted attitude. Abduction is possible to about 50-60 degrees, but hip abduction movts seems to be quite painful for her. Her recent xray which was done few days back show " left femoral head dislocated inferiority" Her adductor muscles and hamstrings are tight. Kindly advise regarding further treatment possible to correct the dislocation. Thanks a lot.
The problem of early childhood trauma refers to disturbing experiences that take place in children during 0-6 years of age. The traumas that young children experience can be the effects of natural disaster, war or accidents or that of intentional violence like sexual abuse, domestic violence or physical abuse.
What Does this Condition Impact Childhood?
Traumatic events have a significant impact on your child's life and can break his sense of safety. The problem has been linked with a decrease in the size of the brain cortex. This is the part of the brain that controls several complex functions like thinking, consciousness, memory, attention, awareness, and language. The changes that occur as a result can affect your child's IQ as well as his or her ability to control emotions. As a consequence, he or she may harbor feelings of danger and become more afraid or it may manifest in other personality issues which are not very obvious.
How do you identify this condition?
Generally, children who suffer from traumas face problems in regulating their emotions and behaviors.
They may display signs like:
- Fear of new situations
- Being clingy to their parent(s) or somebody close
- Become easily frightened
- Display aggressive and/or impulsive behavior
- Are difficult to comfort
- Display deterioration in behavior and functioning
- Easily forget newly attained developmental skills
- Difficulty in sleeping
Depending on the age during which your child may go through a traumatic event, he or she can exhibit signs relevant to his or her age.
Children aged 0-2 years may also display reactions like poor verbal skills, memory problems, excessive temper, experience nightmares, etc.
On the other hand, children aged 3-6 years can face difficulties in learning as well as develop poor skill and learning disabilities, face problems in social interaction, may be unable to trust people and so on.
If this condition remains unattended or unresolved for longer, it may create personality issues and can deeply impact the individual's relationships, or equations in the society, as they grow up and even after they become adults. In fact, many behavioral problems can be traced back to childhood trauma.
Related Tip: What Really Causes Personality Disorders?
My son 7 years old he do not doing morning natural calls regularly. What should he do. And also he is very lean.
For fruit juice what is the measuring medium? Table spoon or tea spoon. I am giving my daughter 20 teaspoons of lemon juice. Is it an excess dosage? Shes exactly two years old.
My daughter is 3 yr old now till 9 months she was fine due to measles vaccination she lost her head control, sitting n all consulting neurology doctors can you suggest what to do so she can able to sit.
Hi, I am Dr Rajiv Singh. I am a consulting paediatrician in Max, Vaishali. I Have my own clinic in Shipra’s city.
Today I will be talking about a very important aspect of growth in newborn babies. After 6 months the babies are supposed to start on a weaning diet. We need to decide what the best nutrition is for the baby in this period. So, I just give you some simple tips.
- After 6 months of life, you start on semi-solid, mashed blanded vegetables, khichri, your halwas and mashed bananas, soup, juice.
- Remember to keep getting milk out of your nutrition and keep giving proper nutrition to the baby.The baby should have proper nutrition 3 times- morning, lunch, dinner and in-between snackings.
- Remember not to start giving milk with bottles and not to give cow’s milk or any kind of animal milk. If mother is having sufficient breast milk, you can continue to give breast milk or else formula milk.
- Baby should have liking for the food so, for that, you give salt and sugar to taste.
- You can use ample of butter, ghee in the food to make it very tasty.
- Water can be given as much as the baby wants.
- Remember to keep taking milk backwards and keep introducing new foods every one week or so.
- Very important to keep monitoring the baby’s growth during this period. Baby should be appropriately gaining weight according to the growth chart of the baby.
- For any nutrition supplements, you must contact your doctor before starting on any supplementary diet.
- Do not believe in giving animal’s milk or giving through any bottle.
- Try and make interesting scenarios. Try and make the condition and the house very suitable for the baby to enjoy diet food and mother and father should also sit with the baby and spend time, and start giving milk.
Initially you can have fussy babies. They might vomit few times; they might pass undigested semi-solid food which is very normal. So, do not get hassled up. Some babies are sweety, some babies are salty. Keep having a look at their taste and keep changing their diet. This is a very crucial phase in the babies’ growth. Don’t get too anxious that your baby is not eating. Just keep a watch at the growth. If the growth is normal, the baby is taking as per her /his appetite and it may not suit you according to your needs or your desires that your baby should be taking certain amount of diet.
If there are any further queries in this aspect which is my forte, you can always contact me through the excellent application of Lybrate.
My 9 Month old daughter swallowed a plastic pen cap (back side of the pen). She is not showing any signs of distress. Please suggest what to do?
It's about my son. According to his age my son takes a good diet. But sometimes after every meal he passes motion it's neither hard nor watery it's semi solid kind off. The quantity of motion is little. Is this normal?
I have a small baby boy of 11 months old. What would be the diet I can give to keep healthy for my baby.?
Hello my baby 4 plus old. She some time carry very highly in night and tell I feel that some body kick my neck so I request to your good self what can I do.
Mouth gargling with warm water with salt added to it is a very effective method especially in chilling winters to reduce tooth ache arising due to sensitive teeth. Though it relieves the pain, consult your dentist for permanent cure.
I have 4. 5yr old son is suffering with adhd. He was not cried at time of birth and blood circulation not maintained in mind at time of birth. His seating, walking is time to time about 1 and half yr he was walking regularly but body is very weak. Now his speech, understanding power, development quotion is delay. So please advise me for this child's development and how we handle his for his mind develop.
Erythroblastosis fetalis is also known as haemolytic anaemia in the newborn. This occurs due to blood incompatibility in the mother and foetus. Due to this incompatibility, the antibodies present in the mother’s blood, will pass through the placental barrier and attack the blood cells of the foetus. This will lead to the destruction of the red blood cells of the foetus and it is likely to cause anaemia in the foetus. This condition varies from mild to very serious. In its moderate or severe stage, the erythroblasts or immature red blood cells are formed in the blood of the foetus and this disease is called erythroblastosis fetalis.
Why does it happen?
The two main causes of erythroblastosis fetalis are Rh incompatibility and ABO incompatibility.
- Rh Incompatibility: When the mother is Rh –ve and the father is Rh +ve, there is a good chance for the baby to be Rh +ve. The antigens present in the blood of the Rh +ve baby will behave like a foreign agent and the mother will produce antibodies against it. If it is the first pregnancy, then the child may not be at risk, however, if the second child ends up being of +ve blood group again, then the antibodies present in the mother’s blood will attack the baby and may result in a spontaneous abortion.
- ABO Incompatibility: This usually occurs when the mother’s blood group A, B, O does not match the baby’s. This causes fewer complications in comparison to Rh incompatibility, but it may be severe if the child has a very rare blood group.
How to avoid it?
It is a highly preventive condition. Firstly, you have not tested your blood group; it is advised to get it tested along with the blood group of the father. If you already know your blood group, then you must mention it to your doctor. If the father has negative blood group, then there will be no problem. However if the father is Rh positive, then it is advised to get routine tests done by the doctor.
The other preventive measure to take is a treatment called RhoGAM or the Rh immunoglobulin. It reduces the reaction of the mother to the baby’s blood cells. This shot is administered around the 28th week of the pregnancy. It is also administered 72 hours after the birth of the baby with the positive blood group.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!