Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RamanYour feedback matters!
I'm 27 year old female. Since past 2 days i'm getting lot of burps after eating food. I tried having ginger tea, lemon juice etc. But still having this problem.Please help sir .
Palpitations is the feeling that you experience when your heart beats abnormally. Heart palpitations can be felt in the form of rapid, fluttering or pounding heartbeats. They can be frightening as when you palpate, you heart beats so hard that it even skips a beat and the sensations are so strong that they can be felt all through your chest, neck, and throat.
Palpitations are also common especially in young people because of abnormal electrical circuits in heart from birth. However, they may have normal hearts on Echo. Such palpitations are curable by a nonsurgical methods called Radiofrequency Ablation.
Palpitations can be triggered as a result of a number of reasons like stress, certain medications, exercise etc.
Here are a few prominent causes of heart palpitations.
Causes unrelated to the Heart -
- Anxiety, fear, and stress
- Consumption of alcohol and drugs like caffeine, nicotine etc.
- Consumption of street drugs likes cocaine, amphetamines etc.
- Certain medical conditions such as thyroid, anemia, dehydration, low blood pressure and low sugar levels etc.
- Hormonal changes that occur as a result of menstruation, pregnancy, menopause etc.
- Certain nutritional and herbal supplements
- Certain medications like asthma inhalers, diet pills etc.
- Abnormal levels of electrolyte
- Sensitivity to certain food items like some carbohydrates
Causes related to the Heart -
- Coronary artery disease
- Prior instances of heart attack
- Congestive heart failure (a condition wherein your heart's chambers get affected)
- Problems associated with the heart valves or the heart muscles
Immediate Relief Mechanisms-
It is crucial to go to the most easily available doctor to get an ECG done during palpitations as ECG will give an exact diagnosis, which helps in identifying the clear line of treatment.
Here are a few techniques that can help you in getting immediate relief from heart palpitations until you are able to visit a doctor in case of a serious condition.
- Cough it out
- Splash cold water on your face or take a cold shower
- Practice slow, deep breathing exercises
I am a 20 years boy. I had vercofsi means testis balls swelling from past 3 years. So what I have 2 do.
Hi, 19 year old girl has taken I pill (after) intercourse on 22nd around 18: 00 hours and had sex again on 24th at morning 5 o clock. Does she need to take any I-pill or other emergency contraceptive medicine, or will the earlier one will work since last intercourse took place within 36 hours of the I pill taken. Please suggest.
Hello every body This is ram according to my perception sleep cycle varies according to temperature. Becoz, I am getting nice sleep during winter than summer. In summer I am unable to get proper sleep I usually get out of sleep in the midnight rather than winter and unable to sleep 1-2hours and at early mng again I am getting nice sleep. So, my do but is is it normal or I am I facing any problem. Plz, help me.
I am 23 year old girl and I am Having irregular periods and has cyst in the right ovary plus gaining weight also. How to overcome from this situation?
Munch on these lip smacking evening snacks:
- Spicy tangy aloo chaat- Potatoes, unless fried, have an array of health benefits. Boiled or mashed potatoes can be used to make aloo chaat for an evening snack. Potatoes are rich in nutrients like potassium, copper, manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin B3, and vitamin C. The best part is consumption of boiled or baked potatoes can keep your tummy satisfied for a considerable amount of time. Aloo chaat is easy to make; one can add cucumber, tomato, coconut shavings, peanuts, mint chutney, herbs, lemon juice to diced boiled potatoes to enjoy an evening meal. For flavor, you might even add tomato sauce.
- Munch on some dry fruits- Dry fruits are high in dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Having a handful of dry fruit is good for your bowel movements and especially for your skin. It is known to regulate a person's cholesterol levels. People suffering from anemia should have nuts regularly and experience the health benefits.
- Upma is a healthy snack- Upma made from suji can keep you fit while fulfilling your hunger. It takes time to digest and thus you feel full for quite some time. This kind of snack will raise your energy levels preventing you from being slackened. It is also great for your kidney health. Suji among Indians is also prepared as a dessert containing lots of sugar. Preparing Upma can keep you safe from the ill- effects of sugar.
- Poha is filling and nutritious- Poha is a dish that originated in the land of Maharashtra. It is easy to make and is not time- consuming at all. One may use very little oil while cooking this dish and still have a tasty snack to eat. The dish usually contains vegetables like beans, carrots, and peas and therefore has a high mineral content. It supplies you with iron, necessary carbohydrates and also with vitamin B.
- Adai is rich in protein- Lentils and rice in communion can gift us with wonderful snack recipes. A mix of lentil and rice can be used to make an iron and protein rich snack named adai. This snack is a reliable source of fiber, legumes and carbohydrates. It has a rich taste and flavor and can be had with a tomato and coriander dip.
- Spiced corn cobs- Corn cobs are the easiest solution to rumbling tummies. One may spice it with salt, chili powder and a generous amount of lemon juice. Corn cobs defend your body against hemorrhoids and colorectal cancer.