Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajguru
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajguruYour feedback matters!
After missing the period. We gone for urine pregnancy test but result is Negative. What could be the reason. Consumption of folic acid will be fine na. We are planning for baby.
One single kidney in place of two is a scenario which is often termed as solitary kidney.
Who has a solitary kidney?
- Their body functions normally and are generally not unhealthy. This is also known as renal agenesis.
- In some cases, people are born with two kidneys with just one of them healthy and fully functional. The other one does not function fully or partially. This condition is known as kidney dysplasia.
- A person who had to undergo a kidney removal surgery (nephrectomy); such a surgery is conducted when a person has an infected kidney or diseased, malfunctioning/cancerous growths on the kidney.
- A person who has donated a kidney to someone who required kidney transplantation.
What potential health risks does a person with a solitary kidney have?
- Normally, a person born with a single kidney does not have any such potential health risks. They are generally healthy and lead normal lives.
- Later in life, there may or may not be slight loss or degradation in the functioning of the kidney.
- The life span of a person with a single kidney is normal. There is no apparent effect on the mortality rates.
What kind of special diet must a person with a single kidney follow?
- There is no need of any such special diet for a person with a single kidney.
- Normal healthy balanced diet with all the essential nutrients should suffice.
- You must be careful about your animal protein intake and calcium supplements.
- Drink sufficient quantity of water to remain hydrated all day and prevent the urine from turning acidic.
- Controlled consumption of alcohol and caffeine is a must. It is also important to reduce the consumption of aerated drinks.
Exercises and Physical activities for a person with a single kidney:
- A person with a solitary kidney can function like any other normal individual.
- You may also participate in sports. However, you must take enough precaution to prevent injuries to your kidney. Proper padding and protection around your lower abdominal region and back is of utmost necessity.
- You can hit the gym, run a marathon and nothing is impossible for you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 29 yrs old female. I feel I'm pregnant 10 weeks but still getting a negative urine teat. I have symptoms like gas, fluttering inside belly, mild cramping, heavy breasts and so on. I still have period like bleeding. Please suggest.
My cousin's age is 23 years. Before two months she came to know that there is a cyst in her left ovary. Earlier its size was 42 mm but now, after two months it is of 82 mm. She was taking medicines preferred by doctor but even after that its size was increasing. Sometimes there is also pain in her stomach. We are not understanding what we should do. Please help us. Few doctors are suggesting to put hot cloths but few are not to do that. Please suggest us. Is it curable by medicine or we need any kind of operation.
Hi respected doctors. Want to know. I am 7 mnth pregnant. I want normal delivery. So I want information how it can possible. Coz I deliver my first baby with cesarean. N it took 4 year. Is niw possible normal delivery for me.
We are all looking for ways that will help us to lose weight quickly. But while trying to lose weight in a hurry, we should ensure that the various measures we are taking to lose weight are safe too. Best dietician in india says that,to lose weight quickly and safely, a proper plan is needed. Here are a few things that you can do that will ensure weight loss quickly as well as safely:
- Cut back on the junk
Junk food contains lots of empty calories that make us to put on weight. So, if you wish to lose weight quickly then you must totally cut back on the junk food. Eat healthy instead. Instead of having junk, eat a healthy home-cooked meal. This will help you a long way in losing weight.
2. Plan your meals
Make a plan of what you are going to eat. Planning your meals will help you in keeping track of all the food that you have had and all that you are going to have. The meal plans should be calorie controlled. You can make use of the internet for this purpose or you can also refer various books that will guide you in planning meals effectively.
3. Increase water consumption
Increase the amount of water that you are drinking daily. Drinking lots of water is associated with weight loss. Drinking a glass of water before your meal will make you fell satiated and hence you will consume fewer calories during the meal.
4. Consult a nutritionist/ dietician
A doctor or a dietician will guide you better on what to eat when you are trying to lose weight. They can help you make a better diet plan that suits your body.
Being productive physically is very important to lose weight. Make it a point to exercise at least 5-6 times a week. You can go for a walk or a jog. Or you can join a sport that you like. Or you can go cycling. Yoga and other exercises can also be performed. Work out for at least 45 minutes to an hour daily.
Best dietician in Lucknow says that, follow the above tips to lose weight quickly and safely. But most importantly, be a little patient.
The most devastating period for any pregnant women is a miscarriage. This normally happens because of genetic abnormality noticed in the fetus caused due to tripling of a chromosome. This is also called ‘spontaneous abortion’ because the body rejects the random genetic abnormality. Apart from this, there are many other reasons for miscarriage namely blood clotting, deshaped uterus, uterine fibroids, unhealthy cervix and so on. Now, this could lead you to the next question - What can we do to prevent miscarriage?
Time to meet the gynaecologist:
When there is tripling of chromosomes or genetic mismatch, the body actually rejects the fetus, thereby preventing birth of an unhealthy baby. But, if the miscarriage repeats several times, then you have to meet your gynaecologist for further tests and appropriate medical intervention.
Symptoms of miscarriage:
In the normal course, when miscarriage occurs, the women would experience back pain or vaginal bleeding or blood in the vaginal mucus or cramping or abdominal pain. Ironically, sometimes the miscarriage may happen without any of these symptoms. It would get noticed only during routine scanning. However, in the normal course, the chance of a miscarriage is highest before the 12th week. But if miscarriage happens after the 12th week and before the 24th week, then it is called spontaneous abortion. Thereafter, it is known as a ‘still born’ baby.
However, there are some steps that can help women prevent a miscarriage. These steps are briefly explained here.
- Nicotine retards growth of fetus and it is for this reason the couple should shun smoking, months before they plan pregnancy. This change in lifestyle has remarkable effects in preventing miscarriage. Similarly, caffeine can also be the cause of miscarriage. Therefore, women should regulate their intake of coffee as per the advice given by the gynaecologist.
- Women suffering from chronic ailments like lupus, problems with thyroid, epilepsy and such other ailments are prone to a miscarriage. Similarly, it is also advisable that women should get tested for STD/HIV because these ailments can cause a miscarriage. Women suffering from such ailments should be under constant medical care.
- In addition to these, the women should take food rich in vitamins, proteins, Omega-3 and fibres. Further, they should also do physical exercises as per the instructions given by the gynaecologist. One should drink enough water so as to keep oneself sufficiently hydrated. Women must practice meditation, which helps in reducing stress.
The causes of a miscarriage are many; women should discuss about the issues relating to a miscarriage with their gynecologist. This helps them take appropriate preventive steps against this unwanted situation.