Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rahuldatta PatilYour feedback matters!
I am 23 and I have been told I have problem of PCOD. Well I haven't had my periods since 17 sep 2016 and its making me tensed. One of my colleague has the same problem and her doctor prescribed her to take meprate medicine thrice a day for 3 days. Should I eat the same thing? Or what? Please help.
Hi 3 month back delivered baby girl, till now no periods happen, we check pregnancy test thrice its negative.
Maine jab se apni bikni wax karvayi hai mera vaginal discharge bahut zyada ho raha hai aisa kyu hai n mujhe iska koi solution bataye?
Hi, I am suffering last 3 years irregular periods so that am not conceive so please help me I am waiting for my pregnancy.
According to contemporary medical studies, loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
There are multiple factors that contribute to this problem including psychiatric or physical disorders, relationship issues, hormonal disorders etc. Let us look at the causes of this disorder at length:
1. Medical Disorders:
a) There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
b) Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
2. Hormonal Disorders:
a) Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
b) After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
c) With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
3. Lifestyle Disorders:
a) In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
b) In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
c) Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
4. Psychological factors:
a) Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
b) After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire.
The first and foremost step towards dealing with it is to make your partner understand your problem. Then, it is important to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause, thereafter, treatment of the cause can normalize the condition. Since there are multiple causes of the problem, there are different ways by which the loss of libido can be easily managed and treated. Some of them are discussed below:
1. Treatment of Hormonal Disorders: The doctors will suitably treat problems like thyroids or recommend surgical treatment for fibroids to manage HSSD.
2. Change in Medications: Since some of the medications are responsible for the lack of libido, the doctors will replace the medications to reverse this lack.
3. Addressing the psychological factors: Your doctor will either arrange for suitable psychiatric sessions or ask your partner to coordinate mutually.
4. Sex Therapy/Relationship Counseling or Testosterone Therapy: While sex therapy or relationship counseling brings back the interest by effectively counseling the individual, Testosterone therapy involves off-label usage of testosterone hormone since it is not recommended by FDA.
Proper treatment and consulting a medical expert can reverse this disorder efficiently. So, talk about the problem more openly to seek proper guidance and cure. You can also submit your queries or seek for our advice in detail by writing to us.
Last date of period 22nd April, in mid month of month little bleeding spotting for 3 to 4 days, m breastfeeding mother, 2 days back I checked with preganews result is negative, still no periods m I pregnant, very confused. Help me with medicine for periods.
My wife is not able to get pregnant, we tried so many times but it's not happening What should I do?
Mein 19 saal ki married hu 30 april ko meri shadi hui this year tab se husband k sath unprotected sex chalu hai but no pregnancy signs? Is there any problem? And give me tips for remain pregnant? Pllz suggest.
Hello doc, my daughter told that she is having a brown discharge 2 days ago and I taught that she will have her periods but no she did not. Now she is telling that she is having a watery discharge. Will she have her periods next day or so? Tell help out doc cause we have to attend some events.
My periods are delaying so much. Because I took I pill before 20 days. I cannot see any symptoms of pregnancy in me. So pls suggest me anything because it's more than 1 n half month now.
Hi ,I am 22 years female and trying to conceive. I took ultrasound which says i am having pcod my doctor prescribed me to take normoz tab. Will it help me to come out of pcos and help me to get pregnant soon? please suggest me.
The act of pleasuring oneself is one topic, which has always been questioned by the society at large, but in reality it offers a number of benefits. Masturbation refers to the act of inducing sexual arousal and deriving pleasure from it by stimulating the genitals. This may be done using your own hands, sex toys, fingers or grouping together the effect of these. Mutual masturbation among partners is also a fairly common phenomenon. There are varied opinions on the topic, whether actual sexual penetration gives more pleasure or masturbation. Read on to find out what effect each has on your body and which one is more preferred by most people.
- Health benefits: Studies reveal that engaging in sexual intercourse is associated with a lot of health benefits like controlling your blood pressure level, keeping the prostrate and heart healthy for men, acting as a pain reliever etc. Masturbating may not affect your health in the way sex does, but it certainly has a different set of benefits, which includes preventing cancer, boosting immunity, reducing risks of premature ejaculation etc.
- Associated risks: Sexual intercourse often comes with various risks like STDs, if your partner is infected or chance of an unwanted conception, if unsafe sex is practised. Masturbation has comparatively lower health risks than sex, though it is not entirely free from drawbacks. You can get skin irritations and in rare cases, even penile fractures due to excessive masturbation.
- Effect on relationship: The quality and frequency of the sexual intercourse you have with your partner has a direct effect on your relationship. However, masturbation mostly does not involve your partner's participation and so doesn't visibly have a reflection on your relationship.
- Role in knowing your sexual preferences: In case of both men and women, masturbation helps people to identify their sexual preferences and things which give them greater pleasure. This usually leads to a more satisfying sex life and is considered to be easier than figuring out what pleases you while having sex.
Even after considering the above points, which one (either sex or masturbation) gives you more pleasure, completely depends on your personal preferences. If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
After having sex for 3 years now I am facing problem in my periods. From last one year I am not in any sexual relationship but still I am having periods for only 2 days. Due to this I am getting fat. Or will I get any troubles in pregnancy?
My wife age 48 years her period is not properly twice or thrice in a month, she not takes any medicine for stopping period, please advice treatment (medicine, she is suffering more than 5 yrs.
Mery shadi ko 5 years ho gaye he mery wife ke breast loose ho gaye he unko kaise tight kiya ja saqta he any oil suggest me.
Please suggest me a medicine to delay the periods as I have to go to a religious place and how many times it till to taken and for how many days? My periods will start from 16th.
Obesity is a disorder which is characterized by accumulation of fat in the body resulting in various health problems. Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that occurs when the sugar in the blood does not get efficiently utilized by the body. This is due to the inability of the body to produce enough insulin to metabolize the sugar.
Diabetes is classified into two types, Type 1 diabetes wherein the body is unable to produce enough insulin and Type 2 wherein the body develops a resistance to insulin. Diabetes is known to cause diseases such as blindness and kidney problems. The risks of suffering from a stroke and other cardiovascular problems go up significantly if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
Weight plays a big role in the development of Type 2 diabetes and so weight loss is recommended. Other factors such as stress, age, pregnancy and medications also contribute to this disorder. Usually, a majority of the people who have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes are found to be overweight. Being obese makes it difficult for the body to utilize insulin effectively in order to metabolize blood sugar.
As obesity is closely linked with diabetes, it becomes essential to focus on weight loss as a preventive measure against diabetes.
- Try to exercise on a regular basis. Add cardiovascular exercises to your regimen such as running and swimming as they are very effective in burning fat from your body thus reducing the weight/fat.
- Lifting weights also promotes fat loss by boosting your Resting Metabolic Rate or Basal Metabolic Rate (the body’s rate of burning off calories while you are at rest).
- Follow a well- balanced diet that focuses on low carbohydrate and high protein based meals.
Apart from these lifestyle changes, focus can be brought on the following techniques also as effective means to shed off the excess fat:
- Ultrasonic liposuction: This technique involves using high energy sound waves to eliminate fat from your body. It is a non-invasive procedure that inflicts no trauma on the adjoining tissues in the body and thus providing better weight / inch loss..
- Mesotherapy: It is a non-surgical treatment that involves injecting medications into fat tissues. These medications target the adipose cells in the body and destroy them. This is a permanent procedure that is very effective in removing stubborn fat from the body and helping further in weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.