Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PriyankaYour feedback matters!
Sedentary lifestyle has made lives comfortable but simultaneously it is a silent killer. It has increased the risk of many deadly diseases and one of them is diabetes. Diabetes has taken lives of people more than aids.
There are 3 types of diabetes:-
1. Type 1 diabetes- When uncontrolled blood sugar level is diagnosed under 25 years of age then it is said to be type 1 diabetes. It is often seen in childhood age.
Sugar that we consume is used for energy production in our body and this happens with the help of insulin hormone produced by pancrease. In this type of daibetes, pancrease fails to produce insulin and sugar in blood is not used for fuel production, as a result sugar level in the blood is on higher level.
2. Type 2 diabetes- This type of diabets occur above 25 years of age. In this type, insulin secretion is there in the body but cell doesn't use it to produce energy.
This is called insulin resistance. As a result blood sugar level increase beyond normal.
3. Gestational diabetes- During pregnancy due to additional demand of baby, body becomes resistant to insulin and blood sugar level increases.
Pancrease increases secretion of insulin to control blood sugar level but when it is unable to meet the demand, sugar level increases and it leads to gestational diabetes.
There are more chances of gestational diabetes if:-
1. You are obese before pregnanacy.
2. There is family history of diabetes.
3. Blood sugar level is on higher side before pregnanacy period but not as high as in diabetes.
Ayurveda that is our tradional health system has termed diabetes as'prameha'.
Types of prameha
Depending upon different types of aggravating factors, there are different types of prameha, like if kapha aggravating factors are more then it will lead to kaphaj prameha, similarly pittaj and vataj aggravating factors leads to their respective type of pramehas.
1. Vataj prameha-vasa meha, majja meha, hasti meha and madhu meha.
2. Pittaj-kshara meha, kala meha, neela meha, rakta meha, manjishtha meha and haridra meha.
3. Kaphaj meha-udaka meha, ikshu meha, sandra meha, sura meha, pista meha,
Shukra meha, sikatra meha, sheera meha, shanai meha and lala meha.
Pathogenesis according to ayurveda.
As per ayurveda, prameha is a'kleda pradhana vyadhi. Kleda is one of the dooshya where water (jala mahabhoot)
Is predominant. Both kapha and pitta regulate kleda.
Indulgence in the nidana leads to vatiation of kapha and pitta and as a result kleda is imbalanced. These imbalanced doshas move towards medo dhatu and further leads to imbalance of kleda.
How our body manages kleda?
मूत्रस्य क्लेदवाहनम्, स्वेदस्य क्लेद विधृतिः ।
When the moisture of body increases, it eliminates it through urine and sweat. But in diabetic patients due to sedentary life style there is not secretion of sweat and all kleda moves towards urinary system and increases production of urine, gradually leading to prameha.
At this stage there will be poorva roopa (initial symptoms) like accumulation of impurities on the teeth, burning sensation in palm and feet.
If not treated on time then there will be a condition called'bahu abaddha medas'
That is accumulation of fatty tissues that has lost its firmness. Gradually excess kleda moves into deep tissues and affects all body tissues except asthi dhatu and cause'dhatu shaithilyata.
As per my experience diabetes was a disease that occur at the age of 50 or above and moslty to obese people leading sedentary life style. But since last few years it is being seen in our youth moslty at 28 or 29 years of age. Moreover it has no link with obesity as it has stepped in farmers even who are born hard workers.
All this is due to stress factor. In this modern world person is under stress, whether young or adult. Stress is more observed in teenagers when they have to decide what to do after high school, where to get in good college etc.
In adults workplace has been found as one of the main cause of stress when the job demands are more and their control over meeting the demands is less.
More working hours and less authorities, not able to give time to the family etc.
Symptoms due to diabetes:
1. Feeling of thirst
2. Burning sensation in hands and feet
4. Sexual weekness
6. Weight loss
7. Blurred vision
8. Gastric-nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain.
How stress affects our blood sugar level?
Under stress our blood sugar level tends to rise as body releases some hormones such as adrenalin and cortison. These hormones tend to raise blood sugar level so that it is processed into energy to prepare body to fight. This is calles fight and flight reaction. In diabetics, due to insulin deficiency or insulin resistance blood sugar level gets high and produce symptoms such as ataxia, giddiness, difficulty in breathing etc.
Now every second memeber of the family is suffering from diabetes. Especially you will see it in younger members. In my pracrtice of pure ayurveda I have observed diabetes either in youth of age 28 or 29 years or children of age 4.
Maximum detrioration of body tissues occur in this type disease thats why it affects vital organs of the body deeply and slowly drag you towards death.
Today sweetness in the relations have decreased which ultimately left you alone and as a result your body increases sweetness inside it (diabetes) in response to that loneliness (stress. This article is to create awareness among people for diabetes as it is like a slow poison that is killing you slowly without your acknowledgement because usually it attacks you without causing any symptoms and you get alert when it has already affected your vital organs.
So get your blood sugar levels checked regularly especially if you have family history of diabetes and if you are obese.
My penis does not stand. When I am with my wife, no sensation or no feeling of sex comes. Even since last 4 month, I never masturbated. Also no night fall or self discharge since last 4 month. I am newly married and suffering from diabetes. I have undergone check up of testosterone level and found 310. When I try to masturbate, penis stands after some more time. One more thing, when I fantasy with some other girl, it stands. But in normal cases, I do not have feeling of sex in my routing life.
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs that develop on a woman's ovary. A patient might experience abdominal and pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, menstrual irregularities, pain during intercourse or irregular bowel movements. These symptoms indicate an ovarian cyst developing inside you. Ovarian cysts are common in women and may develop during menstruation. In many cases, symptoms are not observed, and you may get ovarian cysts without knowing. Usually being harmless, ovarian cysts may sometimes lead to severe health conditions.
Here are 7 important things you should know about ovarian cysts:
- You should know the reason behind the formation of ovarian cysts. When the follicle does not release the egg, it may grow bigger in size and take the form of a follicular cyst. A corpus luteum cyst may also develop, which is a cavity that gets formed after the egg is ruptured and released from the follicle. The cysts may bleed and cause pelvic pain.
- It is important for you to know if you have an ovarian cyst. Many ovarian cysts do not show symptoms and go away by themselves. Follicular cysts do not change your menstrual cycle, but corpus luteum cysts may cause bleeding.
- You should know how to detect an ovarian cyst. You should visit a gynecologist regularly for diagnosis. Bigger cysts can be diagnosed via a pelvic examination. Ultrasound is also used for detection.
- You should have an idea about all the symptoms associated with ovarian cysts. These include fever, nausea and vomiting. These symptoms indicate that you have an infection. Sometimes, a cyst might twist an ovary, which may cut off blood supply to the ovary, causing permanent damage.
- In case you are at a risk of twisting of the ovaries, you have to undergo a surgery. Surgery is also considered when the cyst lasts longer than three menstrual cycles and it is bigger than four inches in size. The cyst may also pose the risk of being a tumor. The common surgical procedures for ovarian cysts are laparoscopy and laparotomy.
- You can prevent ovarian cysts be taking birth control pills, which help in suppressing ovulation and prevent the formation of a cyst. Birth control pills may help only if you are not pregnant.
- Ovarian cysts are more common in premenopausal women. However, these are possible in postmenopausal women as well, especially in the early postmenopausal stage.
Sometimes, there might be chances of an ovarian cyst being cancerous in nature, which may lead to ovarian cancer. The risk of cancerous ovarian cysts increases with age. It is recommended to consult a gynecologist for the proper diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cysts in women. Pain medications and heating pads are used as alternative treatment methods for less serious ovarian cysts.
I am 30 year old suffering from hypothyroidism (taking thyroxine 25mg /day) and my wife is 20 year old she is suffering from PCOS (taking Harmoni F. Is PCOS is curable? my wife can give birth or not. What should I do that my wife become pregnant.
I want to have sex with my wife also want to make her pregnant but how I will be doing unprotected sex then there may be chances of hiv also please help me out how should get out from it.
I am 24 years old unmarried girl but I have notice some milky substance from my breast. So I am very much worried about it. Please help me.
While having an intercourse. I feel immense pain and burning sensation in my vagina's inner part from past few days. It pains so badly that I fear having sex again. Please suggest a proper medication.
I had unprotected sex with my partner during my fertile window. Although withdrawal was done, I'm afraid that I might get pregnant. I am due my period. What should I do.
Hi doc I am pregnant of 8 months but actually mene 3 times apna urine test krwaya aur hamesha pus cell 15-20 me h aate h mene iske liye medicine bhi khyi but no effect culture bhi krwa lia uski jo medicine h wo bhi kha li but no effect please tell me what I am do now which medicine will be effected and please tell me isse mere inside baby ko to koi effect nhi ho rha hoga please reply me please.
My friend is not having periods before this she have it till 15th of every month this month it is 18 nd she is saying that she is going over weight.
With cosmetic surgery, today, it is possible to reshape the contours of your face anyway you like. Rhinoplasty is one of the most common types of cosmetic surgeries. This is a surgery to restructure the shape and size of your nose. This procedure can be done under local or general anesthesia. Depending on the amount of restructuring needed, the surgery can be performed as an outpatient procedure or may require an overnight stay at the hospital.
To change the structure of the nose, the surgeon makes an incision on the nose to access the bones and cartilage. This incision can be made inside the nose to keep the scar from being visible after surgery. Depending on how the nose is to be structured, bone and cartilage may be removed or tissue from another part of the body may be added. Once this is done, skin and tissue is re-draped over the bone structure. A splint is added outside the nose to support it while it heals.
This splint and internal dressings remain in place for about a week. The area around your nose and eyes will also feel swollen and appear bruised. This swelling and bruising will take at least a fortnight to subside. The swelling may make your nose feel congested and cause slight bleeding and drainage of mucus. Cold compresses and pain medication can help relieve the discomfort.
Here are a few other tips to help speed up the healing process:
- Keep your head elevated and relatively still for a few days after the surgery
- Take bucket baths instead of showers while the nose is bandaged
- Avoid blowing your nose
- Avoid making extreme facial expressions
- Limit movement of the upper lip by brushing your teeth gently
- Eat fiber rich foods to avoid constipation
- Avoid wearing clothes that need to be pulled over your head and instead wear front closing clothes
- Avoid strenuous activities like aerobics and jogging
- Do not wear sunglasses or spectacles that put pressure on your nose for at least a month
- Protect your nose from the sun by using sunscreen whenever outdoors
- Limit your salt intake
To be completely satisfied with the results of your rhinoplasty surgery, will require patience. It can take a few months for the cartilage and tissues to settle into place. It is also necessary for you and your doctor to be aligned as to the kind of correction needed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.