Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priya DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Most women have started menstrual periods in 11 to 13 years of age, that is called as" menarche. That time period may be irregular because of menarche or hormonal imbalance, menstrual periods also may be irregular at the other end of the menstrual years that is called as" menopause"
Causes of irregular period:
1- Excessive weight loss or gain, obesity is also a very common cause of irregular period
2- Emotional stress
5- Medicines such as birth control methods, which may cause lighter, less frequent, more frequent, or skipped periods or no periods at all
6- Hormone problems. This may cause a change in the levels of the hormones that the body needs to support menstruation
7- Problems with the pelvic organs, such as imperforate hymen, polycystic ovary syndrome
9- Hypo or hyperthyroidism
10- Improper diet
Treatment for this:
1- Relax after work and make time to de-stress. Try yoga, a hot bath or reading a book
2- Take proper diet
3- The warming properties of turmeric improve the hormonal imbalance and regulate the menstruation cycle, its anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties reduce the cramping. Take a ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder and add it to the lukewarm milk, take it every day.
4- Carrots are the good source of iron and regulate proper functioning of the hormone, drink carrot juice in daily basis.
Can any help. Me understand this report for my sister in law. She is pregnant and we eat to understand whether the baby is fine or not before we consult the doc. Physically. Gravid uterus shows a single well defined gestational sac in it at the time of examination foetal Heartbeat is seen on real time scan fHR is 168 /BPM Lmp is equal to 15th March 2017 that is 8 weeks and 5 days G.A. By CRL (17.2 mm: 7 weeks 5 days G.A. By SAC (38.9 mm) Internal OS is Closed No Maya material SOL is seen Cystic changes seen in left ovary measuring (41.1 * 27.1 mm) Impression: Single live intrauterine pregnancy of 7 weeks 5 days gestational maturity in uterine cavity cystic left ovary - suggested clinical correlation.
I am a 21 year girl. Recently from 2 months i am not having my periods! infsct I had a sex I am sure nothing went wrong, I did a test also at home which showed negative! what should I do now ?
1.5 month ka bacha girana hai hame. Hum Dr. k pas 26 august ko gaye te Hamne Dr. ko bhi bataya. 9 July 2016 ko sex hua tha hamara. Periods nhi aye to hamne test kiya to result positive aya. Dr. ne kuch tablets diye hai 3 types k or bola 10 din tak ye khane hai. Wo kha rahi hai usdin se mgr tablets khane k baad bhi usko wahi sab hone laga kal se Jo ek pregnant lady ko hota hai. Bhuk jyada lagna. Baar baar toilet ana. Yesterday usko to ek ulti bhi hui. Kya ap bata sakte hai tablets ka asar hone time lagta hai. Pura course hone k baad hi asar hoga. Ya ussay dawai ka asar nhi horaha. Kya horah hai ye sab plss batao .or ha pregnancy k first month se hi ye ulti nd all sab shuru hota hai kya. Agr hota hai to dawai bhi kha rahi hai na wo. Ab kya karu mai plss answer me.
My wife is 39 years old, 2 weeks before she was pregnant (3 month) but we aborted it because my wife has some illness like mental problem and under treatment from 2005 also for her age, now we have decided to go for family planning. What is the best option? Operation or competitive? Please help us with full details.
After having intercourse the fluid which comes out from vagina, is that of male or female partner or both.
Regular exercise helps to protect you from many diseases. An exercise schedule of 15 to 20 minutes is good for health benefits. It includes activities such as aerobics, stretching, cycling, muscle strengthening, physical activity or yoga.
Everyone benefits from regular exercise, at least five times a week. It helps to:
• Control weight
• Build strength and stamina
• Improve flexibility of joints and prevent injuries
• Relieve stress
• Improve appearance and self esteem
• Strengthen bones and joints
• Reduce menstrual cramps
• Maintain strength and independence in old age.
How to do exercise with busy schedule
On the way
• Take the stairs instead of lift.
• Get off the bus one stop earlier and walk the rest of the way.
In the office
• Stand up and stretch while talking on the phone.
• Get colleagues to join in for a lunch time workout session.
• Do some stretches or sit-ups during commercial breaks on TV.
• Join kids at the playground after work.
• Go for walks after dinner instead of always sitting around watching TV.
Am recently married girl. We r not trying to conceive now. I have never experienced any irregular period before marriage. But now my period was irregular in a month after marriage. It came in 15 days. And one month it is there for 3 days and the next 6 days with less flow. Now my problem is I got brown discharge at early morning alone for 3 days on my 18th days after period. What is this due to?
Black pepper is one of the oldest spices known to mankind. It is found in abundant quantities in the Southern states of Kerala. Its medicinal qualities can successfully counter disorders such as indigestion, pyorrhea, cough, dental problems and cardiovascular diseases. Black pepper is extensively used for food preservation owing to its antibacterial properties. Being rich in fiber, vitamin C, manganese, vitamin K, it acts as a great anti-inflammatory agent as well.
Here are some of the well-known benefits of black pepper:
- Beneficial for stomach: Black pepper enhances the secretion of HCL i.e. hydrochloric acid in the stomach which in turn facilitates digestion. This ensures proper digestion and keeps away diseases such as colic and diarrhea. Pepper enhances urination and sweating which in turn ensures that external toxin has a safe way out. It also has the capability to limit gas formation within the body.
- Weight Loss: Black Pepper’s outer layer helps in breaking fat cells. Also, foods that are made with pepper are an effective way to shed weight. Once the fat cells are broken down, the body uses it as a component of enzymatic reactions. The excess fats are eradicated from the body. Black pepper can be used in curries or consumed daily in the morning along with hot water to fetch rich benefits.
- Skin Health: Pepper is a very good agent in curing skin diseases such as vitiligo. The latter is a condition where patches of skin lose the normal pigmentation and become white. Recent studies have shown that pepper combined with UV therapy is a better alternative compared to chemical-heavy treatments. Furthermore, black pepper can successfully prevent skin cancer.
- Respiratory Relief: Pepper is known to be extremely effective when it comes to cough and cold. It is known to be a great agent for nasal congestion and sinusitis. The expectorant property of the black pepper is known to attack the phlegm and mucus and give instant relief. The fact that it is a natural irritant, helps the mucus to get out of the body through the nostrils. This helps the body to heal quickly.
- Peptic ulcer and whooping cough: Quite a few studies have shown that black pepper is beneficial for patients suffering from peptic ulcer and gastric mucosal. The anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties also help to treat respiratory diseases such as asthma and persistent cough.
- Anti-oxidant properties: The anti-oxidant properties of black pepper help to counter the effects of the free radicals, helps in fighting cardiovascular diseases successfully and counter life-threatening diseases such as cancer. Furthermore, it can help the body fight premature ageing conditions such as macular degeneration, spots, wrinkles etc. Studies have also proved that black pepper enhances memory and impair memory loss.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 33 years old, I want to know that if I am not using condom and taking Viagra while having sex with my pregnant wife. Are there any chances of side effects to my wife.
Hi, I am 24 year years old. Married since 11 months. 10 months back I came to know that I have a thyroid (Hyperthyroidism) problem so I am having tablet Thyrox-50 daily and it is in control. And my periods are also irregular. 3 months I took the treatment to regularize that periods by having birth control pills (Yasmeen tablet 21 tablet. After stopping the treatment I got my periods after 40 days. Again after 20 days days I got one more time. Now also the process is in same sequence like 40 and 20. From past 7 months we are trying for pregnancy still I don't conceive. Kindly tell me any suggestions for me to conceive. Because My husband doesn't know about my irregular periods and thyroid problem. I did the scanning also my uterus is clean and my ovaries are in correct size only. And I am having Iron (hb-10.5) and folic acid tablet also. Kindly suggest any treatment for me to become pregnant as soon as possible. Kindly reply me soon.
There are certain glands in the vaginal walls and uterine cervix of a woman, which cleanse the vagina by producing a small amount of fluid. This clear or milky white coloured vaginal discharge is normal for a healthy woman if it doesn’t smell unpleasant. But if you observe that the colour, consistency, odour or amount of your vaginal discharge differs from usual, it may indicate an infection or a disease.
Here are 6 common factors behind abnormal vaginal discharge.
1. Bacterial vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis is a medical condition characterised by agray discharge, which has a lingering fish-like odour. Moreover, if you experience irritation and burning sensation in the vagina, which is increased by intercourse, it’s a strong indication of bacterial vaginosis.
2. Yeast Infection
It often happens that your vaginal area’s natural bacterial balance is disturbed due to certain factors such as use of antibiotics, decreased immunity, stress, uncontrolled diabetes or consumption of excessive sugary foods. This results in yeast overgrowth in the vagina, known as simply yeast infection or candidiasis. It’s characterised by a thick and whitish-grey discharge from the vagina.
Caused by the bacteria Neisseria Gonorrhoea, this sexually transmitted disease is an infection, which causes vaginal discharge of an intense odour. Other symptoms of this disease include feeling of pain while urinating, chills, fever and irregular discharge of menstrual fluids. If left untreated, gonorrhoea can transform into a pelvic inflammatory disease and can even lead to infertility.
4. Genital Herpes
Genital herpes, a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that leads to formation of small watery blisters on the vaginal area, and causes irritation, itching and pain while having intercourse or urinating, may also be the cause of a vaginal discharge of watery texture.
5. Atrophic Vaginitis
After menopause, there’s a considerable decrease in oestrogen levels of the body along with the occurrence of changes in tissues of the vaginal cavity. This medical condition, known as atrophic vaginitis, can lead to a watery vaginal discharge, which can sometimes get bloody. Some other symptoms of this disease are vaginal inflammation and thinning or atrophy of tissues.
6. Infected IUD
In some situations, it may happen that the intrauterine device (IUD- a form of contraceptive) inserted in the body of a woman can get infected. This results in a purulent discharge (pus) from the vagina. Getting the IUD removed as soon as possible is the best thing to be done in this situation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Am not getting my periods on date. Some 8 to 20 days difference. And I have thyroid and am taking tablet for that. But still my periods are not regular.
My vagina is very loose and my chest loose and small so my husband is every time crying me for this problem please Help me.
Dear Sir/Mam, I am planning to conceive. But When ever we have sex, Sperms doesn't go inside properly & it comes down. Pls suggest how can I manage or the positions that the sperm goes inside properly & for how long I should not get up after sperm gets inside. Pls suggest. Thanks.
I have a problem of lucarea means secretion (in simple words hormones of sex) I'm 20 years unmarried girl. I am weak in looking so that my friend advice me to use soon as kit for that problem. please give me advice can I use it or not?
My wife had 45 day cycle and we started our intercourse from 6th day onwards. We exactly do no the fertile days. Till what day we should have intercourse and please let me know how many days once we should have intercourse.
One of the common personal problem in college girls is uti (urinary track infection) female are more prone to have uti compared to male. Personal hygiene, premarital sex, uretric stone like obstructing pathology etc can cause recurrent utl.
Symptoms are fever, dysurea, increased frequency of urine, back pain etc. Patients must contact the doctor as early as possible because if not treated properly it can cause many complications.