Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti SardarYour feedback matters!
I am having pain in my jaw at times. The pain is when opening the mouth and move the jaw upward and downward. There will be pain in the left ear at times. If necessary shall I have to consult and ent surgeon or dental surgeon.
I wanted to ask that a diabetic can go for teeth implant n r there any side effects .will that teeth won't create any problem in future?
I have germs in my mouth. Always it was bleeding. And my mouth is always smelling. Please tell me some solution for this cause.
My mouth gets dried up and it smells though I brush my teeth two times daily. Please suggest me to get rid of this problem.
My one front teeth has changed in yellow color and in my front uper gum has swel. Kindly suggest me.
I am diabitic my all teeth have already gone except 3, 4 of my lawyer jaw please suggest whether I can go for implantation or a new jaw. I want some fix arrangement.
I am facing short term memory loss. Example. Sometime when there are two thread of discussion I forget the first one. When meet someone yesterday I used to forget their name next day. I am 42 male with 12 years of diabetic history and 3 months of BP. BP and Sugar in control. My triglyceride is usually high around 260-400. My wt is 98 kgs. Height 5.6. Also have bad breadth problem for 12 years. My teeth and gum is normal but smell cum from side gums. My side teeth are very dense. Dental hygiene is normal but smell come from beneath gums. Normal scaling does not help. Other issue. Lack of concentration and stress. I take glycomate gp-1 forte twice daily and Telma H in morning.
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.