Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preethi
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. PreethiYour feedback matters!
I hv developed glaucoma in left eye with a peripherial vision loss of 35%. What ayurved fees that the damage can be recovered or JUST LIKE ALLOPATHS IT ALSO HELPS IN PREVENTIG FURTHER DAMAGE. At present I am using allopathic eye drops XALATAN once daily in night and AYURVEDA drops n kashyam n table. Please advise.
I am 20 year old male and I am a student. I have a to spend lots of time on laptop which makes my eyes go dry because of which I can not sleep properly. And this also cause sever head ache. Please let me know the solution of it.
I have colour blindness. Is any treatment is available in medical science for my problem? Please help.
Is the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (with an e-ink screen) easier on the eyes as compared to an iPad (with an LCD screen)? Also, should paper books be preferred to the e-books?
In today’s world, most of the work that you do is on your computer. With an increasingly digitized world, computers can’t be replaced. Though they have made your work easier, they do come with certain disadvantages as well. The rays emitted by a computer screen can be harmful to your eyes if exposed for an extended duration.
It is important that you take certain precautionary measures to protect your eyes:
1. Wash your eyes: Wash your eyes on a regular basis; it facilitates cooling and relaxation of the eyes. Make it a routine to wash your eyes at least 5 to 6 times in a day.
2. Get computer glasses: Use computer glasses to protect your eyes as they help to minimize the effect of the radiation from the screen. If you work for long hours in front of the computer, then you should consider getting a pair of computer glasses.
3. The position of your screen: The screen should ideally be positioned at an arm’s length and the viewing angle of the monitor should be around 35 degrees. Make sure you position your chair accordingly keeping these tips in mind.
4. Eye exercise: You should exercise your eyes to reduce the strain and relax your eyes. Follow the 20-20 rule wherein after working on your computer for 20 minutes, you redirect your gaze to an object that is around 20 feet away. This helps your eye muscles to relax and thus, improves your eye health.
5. Don’t work at a stretch: Take breaks in between your work sessions to reduce fatigue in your eyes. Constantly staring at a screen for an extended amount of time can cause problems in your eye. Take 2 minute breaks for every 30 minutes you spend working on your computer. This helps to reduce the strain on your eyes also helps to release tension in the muscles of the neck and back.
6. Blink more than usual: Blinking moistens your eyes and causes tear production which does not allow the eye to suffer from dryness. It also prevents eye irritation and helps in clearing out dirt from the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.