Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, here I am consulting for my daughter. She just 1.5 Years. She automatically goes Unconscious with out any specified reason. Here locally I discussed with doctor. They suggest me. It is noting. It is her zid only. Please suggest.
I have one daughter age 3.5 years doctors telling mucopolysaccharides 3B type diseases telling. But telling no cure treatment before 5 months. Now any status available any treatment pls inform and help me.
My son has lactose intolerance so we give him nusobee he is 3 years 3 months from past six months he get fever with in 40 days some time with in 15 days very often early he was diagnosed with urine infection but we given him medicine so I agai checked his urine routine and culture which was negative and ultra sound also done which was ok .i also give him medicine medicine for urine infection urine for 3 months so that he should not have this infection again .i give him tonoferon for iron I got tested his thelsymia when he was born because iron was very less report was negative. So please tell me reason why he get fever so often otherwise he is very active he plays runs in fever also .i just give ibugesic plus and antibiotic and he will be fine fever stays for 3 days only. So should I ger his blood test done and if yes which test I should do .
Homeopathy is a natural and mild form of medication. The remedies are natural substances, which have been diluted and potentized. Homeopathic medicines are best applied during childhood and work very effectively with children. A child's self-defense or immunity gets stimulated naturally towards a healthier state without any kind of side effects. Homeopathic remedies are very safe, effective and mild. They are especially effective for children, on the grounds that the remedies work by stimulating vitality of a child's body. Children have a higher vitality naturally and thus, homeopathic medicines are extra effective during childhood. Moreover, homeopathic medicines are soft globules, which dissolve in the mouth. They are easy to take and have a sweet, pleasant taste as well.
Here is a list of diseases and disorders, which are common during the childhood along with their homeopathic remedies.
- Chamomilla is used in case of painful teething during childhood. It is used when a child has got one hot cheek and one cold cheek.
- Coffea Cruda may be used to treat restlessness in teething children.
- Calcarea Phosphorica is another homeopathic remedy used for delayed and difficult teething in children.
- Dioscorea is the common homeopathic medicine for treating colic cramps in the abdomen.
- Colocynthis is also used to relieve intense cramps and pain in children. The irritability factor of the pain is treated.
- Magnesia Phosphorica treats colics with spasmodic or intermittent characteristics.
- Aconite is an effective homeopathic remedy for treating sudden fever. The child's skin is likely to be hot, and the temperature of the cheeks may differ.
- Ferrum Phosphoricum is used for treating fever that occurs due to inflammatory problems. This kind of fever gives you pale, red cheeks.
Irritability and restlessness:
- Passiflora is an ideal homeopathic relaxant for children.
- Avena Sativa is used when a child cannot sleep due to restlessness.
- Kali Phosphorica treats restlessness in children occurring because of over stimulation.
- Magnesia Phosphorica and Natrum Phosphoricum are other homeopathic medicines, which act as relaxants.
- Ipecac is the best homeopathic remedy for constant coughing along with nausea.
- Aconitum Napellus is used when a child wakes up from sleep with a dry, hoarse cough.
- Spongia Tosta cures cold, croup and cough which start from the throat.
- Antimonium Tartaricum is the homeopathic medicine used when mucous accumulates in the chest, giving rise to coughing.
Homeopathy is best applied in childhood as a child is at risk of developing a number of diseases. A child's body is delicate and much more sensitive than adults and is prone to getting affected easily. Moreover, homeopathy is natural and is the safest form of medicine for children. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My 9 months old baby is suffering from fever since 2 days, one day I given fepanil but she has high fever 103.8 so I started metal p. After giving medicine in a hour temperature is reducing and ll be OK for 4 hrs. But still fever is there and I am out of station from my city. Here there is no good doctors. In fever she will be dull but once temperature come down she starts playing and very active too but in fever she'll be dull.
I have two children; soo, How much the calories should be required for the children between age of fifteen to twenty.
Sore found on my 10 months baby body its spread more and also in faces how to control and how to prevent in future ?
My six month baby get injection of dpt. One month ago. Then injected place were hard and red. What I do. One month l.
2. Ensure the head is protected
3. Release any tight clothing
4. Move away from a dangerous position.
5. Use intranasal midazolam (insed or midsip nasal spray as advised by your doctor) as first-line treatment.
We all got together to indulge into our favourite foods this holiday season, where platter overflowed with sweet, spicy and acidic foods. However, when it comes to teeth, sugar isn’t the only culprit that cause tooth decay. High levels of acid in everyday foods and drinks are equally harmful. Lemons to wine, high-acid foods and drinks erode your teeth, causing decay, sensitivity and discoloration. But that doesn’t mean you have to strike all acidic foods and drinks from your diet. The way you consume these items can lessen their damage on your teeth.
It is a type of tooth wear where, the protective surface of your teeth or the enamel wears away exposing the underlying material, called dentin. This leaves your tooth vulnerable to tartar, plaque and bacteria, which cause decay.
Causes of tooth erosion:
Calcium is a key ingredient in building strong teeth. Unfortunately, exposing your teeth to acid can leach calcium from your enamel, causing this protective surface to break down. Foods which have Ph. below 5.0 to 5.7 are acidic. This acid can come from many sources, including the following:
· Carbonated drinks. All soft drinks, including “diet” options, contain high levels of acid that can easily dissolve your enamel.
· Wine. Whether you choose red, white or rosé, drinking wine will soften your enamel.
· Pickles. Which are traditionally seen in an Indian platter
· Fruit juice. The most acidic options include lemon, cranberry, orange and apple.
· Citric fruits. Snacking or sucking on lemons, oranges and limes can wear down your teeth.
· Candy. No sugary sweets are good for your teeth, but you should pay extra attention to avoid sour gummies and candies.
· Sugar. Even though sugar itself does not contain high levels of acidity, it promotes the growth of acid-creating bacteria in your mouth, creating an acidic environment.
· Stomach acid. Vomiting and reflux also can cause serious tooth damage when stomach acid comes into contact with your teeth. If you suffer from an eating disorder, acid reflux or a related condition, seek professional help.
Signs of tooth erosion
Acid wear may lead to serious dental problems. It is important to notice the signs of tooth erosion in its early stages (sensitivity and discoloration) before more severe damage occur, such as cracks, pain and decay.
· Sensitivity. As your teeth’s protective enamel wears away, you may feel a twinge of pain when you consume hot, cold or sweet food and drink. As more enamel is worn away, teeth become increasingly sensitive.
· Discoloration. Teeth can become increasingly yellow as the thinning enamel layer exposes the underlying dentin.
· Rounded teeth. Your teeth may have a rounded or “sand-blasted” look.
· Sharp edges. You might notice thinning of teeth with sharp edges which might cut your tongue and cheeks.
· Transparency. Your front teeth may appear slightly translucent near the edges.
· Cracks. Small cracks and roughness may appear at the edges of teeth.
· Cupping. Small dents may appear on the chewing surface of the teeth, and fillings may appear to be rising up out of the tooth.
What you can do to prevent tooth erosion
Follow these tips to reduce the effects of acid on your teeth.
· Eating higher pH. Food alongside. This helps in lowering the acidity. Includes food like nuts, cheese, oatmeal, mangoes, melons, banana, apples, eggs, vegetables, brown rice and whole grains.
· Eat with meals. Instead of snacking throughout the day, save acidic foods for mealtimes. This will reduce their contact with your teeth and help neutralize the acid by eating it with other foods.
· Wash down with water. Sip water alongside or after the acidic food or drink to wash it out of your mouth.
· Use a straw. While having acidic beverages, reduce their contact with your teeth by using a straw and finishing the drink quickly, instead of sipping over a long period of time.
· Say no to bubbles. Swap out carbonated drinks with water, milk or tea.
· Wait before brushing. Acid softens your enamel, so brushing immediately after eating or drinking high-acid foods or drinks can actually cause damage. Wait at least half an hour and then start brushing. In the meantime, you can always rinse your mouth with tap water.
· Quit smoking. Studies have showed that smokers are more prone to acidity leading to acid reflux and teeth erosion
· Professional help. See your dentist twice a year for dental cleaning and oral screening.
· Sugar free gums. Chewing on sugar free gums increase the saliva flow which, neutralise the acid and help the teeth to stay strong.