Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratima Latkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratima LatkarYour feedback matters!
I am a 23 year old single female. I have my periods usually over a gap of 32-33 days. Now it's over 36 days, and the periods hasn't started yet. I have been experiencing problems like severe mood swings, leg pain and headache. Is there any problem? Why there is a sudden change in periods?
1. Cuts Risk of Cancer
2. Protect against skin disorder
3. Increases metabolism
4. Stay Young
5. Control Blood Pressure / Cholesterol
6. Tea is naturally rich in antioxidant & hence helps to reduce the harmful effect of stress, Pollution, smoking, etc.
7. Preventing damage to healthy cell and tissue
8. Good for Brain power , Lungs , Liver , Bad Breath , Immunity & Bone
Is it ok to travel with 1 month old baby in flight? Delivery was normal. Flight journey is around 3 hrs. Please help.
Can I use amala juice and cinnamon powder when I on breastfeeding? Will this effect my baby? My son is 8 months old.
Can I take unwanted 72 twice in a month? Will it affects my ovaries ?will it affects my health if I want to conceive a baby after few months?
Do you know that eating just 1.5 ounces of nuts a day can reduce your chance of getting heart disease? Almonds and peanuts can both protect your heart and do much more for you to live healthy for a long life.
But, which one is better for you- almonds or peanuts? Let’s explore, shall we?
Vitamins and minerals: Both almonds and peanuts are storehouses of healthy vitamins and minerals and they both contain equal quantities of micronutrients. One ounce serving of dry roasted almonds has 170 calories, 6 gm of protein and 3 gm of fibre. The same amount of peanuts contains 166 calories, about 7 gm of protein and 2 gm of fibre. But, it’s also known that peanuts have more B vitamins, but almonds are a better choice for vitamin E and minerals in general.
Healthy fats: Peanuts and almonds content equal amounts of fats -Almonds have 15 gm and peanuts contain 14 gm of total fat in a one-ounce serving. This fat is mostly the heart healthy unsaturated fats which lower your risk of cardiovascular disease by reducing cholesterol levels in your blood and fighting inflammation. Experts suggest that you should have 20 - 35 percent of your daily calories from fats, with as much as possible coming from unsaturated fat for a healthy heart.
Which nut is better?
- Almonds and peanuts contain the same vitamins like B and E, but in different amounts. You should eat more almonds if you need to boost your intake of antioxidant vitamin E as they have 45 percent of your recommended daily allowance in just a one-ounce serving.
- On the other hand, peanuts are better sources of the B vitamins like folate and niacin.
- Just one ounce serving of peanuts can give you 10 percent of your recommended daily allowance of folate and about 24 percent of the RDA of niacin. Almonds have less of these healthy vitamins.
- Magnesium content in both is there in good amount, but almonds contain marginally more magnesium.
- Almonds have two times more iron and five times more calcium than peanuts, though they both have the same amount of zinc.
So, the verdict is in favour of almonds, as they are better nutritionally than peanuts as they contain more iron, calcium, magnesium and healthy fats. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.