Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Pratima LatkarYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years female, I am married, I don't know about me, but my hubby got so many pimples on his penis after getting intimate with me it burns like anything it's been 1 year those pimples are not going. We showed to so many doctors but they just keep changing the tablets but none of them is working out on him. Bcoz of dis disease we don't get intimate also its been more than 6 months. One double said this disease name is called herpes. Please help us.
I am unmarried woman. I always miss my periods so many times. I have consulted to doctor she told me that I have hormonal problem. Please suggest me.
What happens to married women if she is excited very much and didn't get sex? Is this called "tadap" Whether she looses control on her body? What are its side effects?
Dear Doctor, Me & my wife are planning for a baby. She had her periods this month 12th sep however we had intercourse two days prior to her ovulation & continued intercourse from 23 til 27th sep. My question is within how many days can we find out she's pregnant. Used KY gel for intercourse also there was white discharge after sex the white discharge decreased unlike last time there was more curdy discharge. I noticed from two days early morning around 3 am she say she wants to go to pee which unusual she never goes to pee that time. Are there chances for her to be pregnant. Kindly advice.
Sir / Madam, I am 29 years old. My last period cycle First day is 4 Dec. I and my husband had a relationship between 15 Dec to 22 Dec. But I missed my periods now. There also blood stains in urine. Is it related to pregnant?
Hello im 30 years of age. My LMP was on 17th April 2016 I indulged in intercourse on 30th 1st and 3rd are there chances of pregnancy.
Hello doctor I am 23 years of age I am suffering from pcos .i m getting treatment of that bt my weight is gaining day by day what should I do now?
My gf is 1 week late so she checked in on pregnancy kit and the result was negative. But I have a fear that the pregnancy kit is showing wrong data. Any help.
Cycling efficiently exercises the hips and legs the largest muscle group of the body helping reduce weight in those areas. Additionally aerobic activities are said to be great mood enhancers. It is ideal for both solitary and group interactions and people of all ages and fitness levels can ride a cycle. Even those too young to pedal can reap the benefits of fresh air and unfold scenery from a bike seat or a trailer
I am 11 week 1 day pregnant now. Today morning I found little brown discharge. Is it normal or anything went wrong?
I have undergone the laparoscopy two days before doc said uterus mouth is so tight dat may also be the cause of infertility and they loosed it during laparoscopy and saying there s a chance .my doubt is once if uterus mouth is loosed it will remain the same hereafter and can easily conceive.
I have lower abdominal pain and lower back pain from 2weeks and my period is missing from last 2 months. Than I take a medicine (mensurol) this month for getting my period, but I get my period for 3 days only. Few days before, my breasts is paining and now it becomes sensitive. What should I do? please help me.
Today my wife had normal delivery. And when I have to sex with my wife again? After getting delivery today. Please tell.
I am having burning and itching in vagina last few days. It increased after intercourse. Please advice.
Rare forms of bone oriented tumours are giant cell tumours, which are mostly found in the bones that are long. This tumour is mostly found in young people between the age of 25 to 40 years and is more common in women than in men. The slow progressive growth of this tumour is more like a lesion rather than a mass, and it causes significant pain. It can also lead to bone destruction. Let us find out the various facets of these tumours including causes, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
- Causes: The actual cause of this condition is not yet known, although many orthopaedic specialists tend to associate it with Paget disease, which is a chronic bone disorder. The main symptoms of this disease include enlargement and deformity of the bones. Giant cell tumours are not associated with injuries, genetics or environmental factors.
- Symptoms: There are many symptoms that can point at the presence of the giant cell tumour. These include pain in the joints surrounding the bone on which the tumour is growing. Also, inflammation and fractures might be caused due to this growth. The surrounding joints may face difficulty as far as movement goes, and fluid retention might also take place.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is usually done by an orthopaedic specialist who will conduct an x-Ray to study the area surrounding the bone. This will help in throwing up images of the tissue, bones and other organs in the area. The doctor may also carry out a biopsy during which tissue samples will be procured for further examination under a microscope, so as to determine whether or not the growth is a malignant one. Also, radionuclide bone scans may be conducted to find out if there is any bone change due to other bone diseases and this tumour.
- Treatment: The treatment of this condition will depend largely on the patient's age and medical history where the doctor may take stock of any other ailments and diseases which may or may not interfere with the chosen path of treatment. One of the ways of treating this condition is with surgery that will help in removing the damaged bone. In very severe cases, amputation may also be required. Further, bone reconstruction surgery can also be followed for treatment.
- Prognosis: Local recurrence is a risk as far as giant cell tumours are concerned. A CT scan of the chest, abdomen and pelvic area should be carried out in a routine manner for at least two years after treatment.
Any persistent inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor to detect any such growth.