Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratibha LokhandeYour feedback matters!
After using "Today's women contraceptive" my wife feels some pain while passing urine like something stopping from urine to come out. Any solution to this?
I have redness and rashes below my penis on my scrotum , it itches at times , I do not know how did I get it ? Which cream should I apply, will it go by it self, is it a sexually transmitted disease?
I am 27 years, its 2 years long I have been married. Now I am planning for kid. We also consulted doctor she told me that there is some problem with the cyst. Is it a serious issue? Please help me.
When will my first period start after csec, I am breast feeding, have delivered on 14th November 2015. Please advise.
I want to check my fiancee virginity and want to confirm that she is not involved in a physical relationship with someone else before me. How can this be possible?
Hello I am 1 20 years I missed my periods fr 2 months now I consumed about 2-3 delay tablets after I got my chumps and it got stopped after that I got intercourse with my partner n consumed an ipill with 72 hrs BT after that its been 2 months I did not get my chumps I took a pregnancy test thrice BT it all shows negative n my gums gave me regestrone the same pill I took to delay please help!
There is white discharge and itching sensation in the vagina. Consulted doctor. But the problem occurs again after a month or so. Was using initiwash. Not much helpful. Want to know the reason and permanent cure.
I am a 29 yrs old. I have pcos and a subserous fibroid in uterus. I have a missed abortion on 8 th nov, after that we tried but no result. My body wait is 69 kg. Now I take normoz 2 tab daily but recently doc says take 3 tab of obimate sr 500 and normoz also. What can I do please tell me?
- Firstly check sleeping and waking time most important thing.
- Follow: sleep at 11pm and wake up at 5am. Atleast 6hrs sleep you have to take.
- Secondly maintained your lifestyle avoid sitting or standing for a long time.
- Follow: frequently change your posture.
- Thirdly in this fast life are you giving time for your mind relax?
- Follow: walk for 30 minutes or do simple exercise daily in morning.
- Fourthly how much water you are taking and in what manner?
- Follow: drink 12 to 14 2 glasses of water in 24hrs and drink first after waking in morning atleast 2 glasses and before and after 40 minutes every meal.
- Fifthly how you are eating and what you are eating important thing?
- Follow: take balanced diet eat more fruits and vegetables raw frequently.
- Take 3 times meal properly.
- Drink a glass of skimmed milk and warm for diabetics without sugar daily in morning. 4 dates in morning.
- Eat walnuts and almonds.
- Follow positively
- This will keep you fit.
There are many essential oils that have positive effects on your skin, including lavender, ylang ylang, juniper, chamomile, neroli, jojoba, frankincense, rosehip seed and juniper berry essential oils, among others. Offering a huge range of antioxidant, anti-aging, astringent, moisturizing, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating properties, each of these oils has a different composition of active ingredients, giving them a unique set of benefits for your skin!
List of best essential oils to stop acne and improve your skin
1. Frankincense oil – this ancient essential oil has numerous antioxidants that can improve skin elasticity, while also reducing the appearance of scars, stretch marks and blemishes. It can also stimulate the growth of new cells, speeding up the repair process for damaged or inflamed areas of skin.
2. Jojoba oil – with high levels of vitamin e, vitamin b, copper and zinc, this essential oil is excellent for moisturizing the skin and stimulating healing. Vitamin e is a common ingredient in many different products, and functions as an antioxidant, removing signs of aging, such as wrinkles, blemishes and age spots, while also forming a natural layer of oil that locks in moisture.
3. Tea tree oil – the antimicrobial and antibacterial nature of tea tree oil makes it an excellent essential oil for eliminating acne symptoms and improving the appearance of your body’s largest organ. A great deal of research has been done on the subject, and it shows that patient using tea tree oil have much lower occurrences of acne breakouts and the existing lesions from past acne breakouts can be notably reduced by using this powerful oil.
4. Ylang ylang oil – to stimulate the growth of new cells, applying ylang ylang oil to irritated or inflamed skin is a quick and effective remedy. This oil is also excellent for combating acne, given its antibacterial nature, which can eliminate the bacteria that causes overproduction of sebum.
5. Juniper oil – with an ability to detoxify the body and speed healing time for wounds and irritation, juniper oil is one of the best essential oils for your skin. Many people choose to apply juniper oil to bumps or uneven areas of their body, as well as patches of cellulite, as the active ingredients can clear out the toxins that cause those conditions.
6. Clary sage oil – acne may be caused by bacteria within the sebaceous glands, but it is also known as an inflammatory condition. As such, clary sage oil is an ideal remedy, given its high concentration of anti-inflammatory compounds, such as linalyl acetate. This essential oil can also control oil production, leaving your skin ph more balanced and giving a cleaner, healthier look.
￼7. lavender oil: this popular essential oil tackles the problem of acne in a few different ways. First of all, lavender oil is known to reduce stress, and there is a proven connection between stress levels and acne on the face. Furthermore, lavender oil is packed with antioxidants and antiseptic properties, so it can quickly neutralize the bactSweet basil oil – eria causing your acne symptoms, preventing the excess sebum production and addressing the problem at the root.
8. Rosehip seed oil: as a natural cleanser, few things are better than rosehip seed oil. Due to the high concentration of natural vitamin a, this oil can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, clear up blemishes and age spots, and stimulate collagen production and the growth of new cells. Furthermore, rosehip seed oil can tighten up the skin and improve elasticity, giving you a more youthful look.
9. Juniper berry oil – powerful antibacterial compounds found within this essential oil, namely alpha-pinene and beta-pinene, can quickly seek out and destroy the bacteria that is causing your acne symptoms. Known to eliminate skin infections very quickly, and reduce inflammation and redness, this oil should be on your shopping list if acne is a common issue you face.
10. Sandalwood oil – our skin is exposed to the natural elements and pollutants more than any other organ in the body, so the repair of skin cells is a constant process. Sandalwood oil can speed this process by stimulating the production of new cells, while also smoothing the surface of the skin and limiting signs of aging.
Essential oils for dry skin and skin tags
While many of the oils outlined above can help with skin health, the following are specifically recommended for dry skin and skin tags. Dry skin can be caused by a number of things, including irritating clothing, harsh soaps or conditioners, certain medications, and as a side effect of other medical conditions. Skin tags, on the other hand, are small, soft growths that usually occur on the groin, armpits, eyelids, beneath breast folds, neck and upper chest. These tags are caused by collagen and blood vessels bunching up beneath another piece of thicker skin. They usually occur in a person’s middle ages, but they can develop earlier, primarily where skin rubs against skin.
1. Myrrh oil – when the skin dries out, it can become cracked or chapped, which can cause painful irritation and open you up to infection. Not only can myrrh oil protect you from any infections or pathogens that could enter the body through the skin, but it also helps to lock in moisture and prevent dehydration. It can also help to heal sun damage quickly, which can make your skin even drier.
2. Orange oil – this essential oil is a natural moisturizing agent, meaning that it can prevent the body from losing excess moisture, while also delivering rejuvenating antioxidants and organic acids deep into the skin layers, protecting cell integrity and making it harder for your flesh to dry out.
3. Grapeseed oil – high in antioxidants and capable of regulating the oil production of the skin, grapeseed oil is the perfect essential oil if you are constantly experiencing dry skin. By boosting the ability of the body to retain its moisture, while also providing a barrier to prevent excess moisture loss, this oil can keep your skin supple and soft, even as you age.
4. Neroli oil – with powerful antioxidant and circulation-stimulating properties, neroli oil is great for eliminating skin tags and preventing them from returning. The flow of blood to the top layers of the skin can eliminate toxins and result in the growth of new cells, which helps to even out lumps and tags.
5. Oregano oil – boasting strong antibacterial and antioxidant properties, oregano oil can help heal skin tags within a few weeks of use. It will stimulate blood flow and promote detoxification, which can often cause the flesh to even out, thus reducing the appearance of unsightly tags.
6. Sweet basil oil – with antiseptic, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, sweet basil oil has been directly linked to the reduction of these tags. If you regularly apply this oil to the skin tags, they will eventually fall off, or flatten out and disappear.
Having Multiple Sex Partners - Good or Bad? Multiple sex partners means having more than one person that you engage in sexual activity with. There are many risks associated with having multiple sexual partners, such as an increase in risk of pregnancy and transmitting a sexual disease. However, some people believe that it is natural to have multiple sex partners and that it can keep your sex life exciting if you are not just having sex with one person. It is your personal choice to have sex with multiple people, however you need to be careful particularly as it carries multiple risks. The more sexual partners you have, the higher the risk of catching a sexually transmitted infection (STI). There are many reasons why people have lot of sexual partners. This may be from the use of alcohol or drugs, which make you want more sex. This may also be from the excitement that you get from having multiple partners, or that you feel liberated having casual sex with multiple partners. Drugs or alcohol increase your chance of having risky sex and making decisions that you wouldn't normally make in these situations, such as having unprotected sex if your judgement is clouded. If you are having sex with multiple people, only one of them needs to be infected with an STI for it to be passed between everyone. You can pass it to your partners, and if they are all having sex with multiple partners this can be passed to their partners, and so on. You cannot ever be sure whether someone has an STI by just looking at them or their behaviour, so you need to make sure that you are extra careful and dont take any unnecessary risks. If you are in a relationship and you both agree to have multiple partners, you need to be open with your partner and honest about any risks you may have taken, such as having unprotected sex. Having multiple partners while you are in a relationship can cause major strain and both physical and emotional trauma, so if this is something that you want to engage in, you need to have a hard think about whether this will harm your relationship. Ask yourself why you want to have multiple partners, and how your partner will feel about this. You also need to consider the emotional implications that can come from having multiple sex partners. Can you handle having so many people close to you, and prevent yourself from getting attached? Will you be okay with having impersonal sex that wont provide any emotional fulfillment? There is also a risk of making yourself a bad reputation if you always have multiple sexual partners; you dont want people to think that you are easy . This could possibly lead you into situations where people may assume that you are willing to have sex or may take advantage, so you need to be careful and always be sensible if you have multiple sexual partners and having casual sex. You are also at a higher risk of getting pregnant if you are having sex with multiple partners, as it is often in a casual manner so you are less focused on using protection, particularly if drugs or alcohol are involved. There is also a high risk of getting pregnant, and if this happens, you may then be facing with the problem of figuring out who the father of the baby is. The main thing you have to worry is how this may affect your health, and the steps you can take to be safe if you have multiple partners to ensure that you are never in danger.
Hi sir I had a sex with a prostitute and I used two condoms while having sex and condom did not blow it was just 20 sec sex only so there is any problem sir please help me sir!
Had unprotected sex with a sex worker. Got tested with HIV 4th generation test after 4 weeks, results were negative. It has been 8 weeks now, do you recommend testing again? I did had sore throat last week, also I am facing itching in scrotum, tiny red spots come and go on shoulder and chest. What to do. Should I test again now and also what all other tests will you recommend for me to rule out STDs?
I am a mother of five year old boy. My husband is in abroad. I am unsatisfied with sex. My thoughts are in that way. How can I overcome?
My wife has a hbsag positive in blood, can she go through iui procedure due to infertility problem. Or if there is any problem in iui if there is a hbsag positive and also reports shows viral load is high and we are taking "tenofovir 500 mg" tab to cure hbseg.
I took pill on 27 april nd got my withdrawal bleed on 6th may. Does that mean I am not pregnant? When will I get my next periods? Is withdrawal bleed date the new mensuration date? For how long my periods will fluctuate? My last mensuration before pill was 18th april.
This is a common question asked by people suffering from pimples.
- For someone who is prone to pimples or who has just finished treatment it is important to use specific face washes as a preventive factor. A number of articles are written on the subject and several face washes and anti-acne bars are promoted by the media as well as the medical profession for treating acne/pimples.
- For a person who is under medication for pimples would use tablets, creams and gels to keep the skin dry and prevent pimples. So face washes containing drying agents like Salicylic acid or glycolic acid will be beneficial as it would support the treatment. Do not use face washes or soaps containing moisturising substances and glycerine as they would add more oil to the skin.
- After treatment of pimples is over from the doctor, it is better to continue using the drying face washes so that pimple causing bacteria do not accumulate on the skin.
- For people who would not want to spend much on costly facewashes for a long period, using any non-moisturising soap will also do. This is because the substances contained in soaps/bars/gels/face washes etc. remain in contact for not more than 15-20 seconds on the skin.