Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratibha LokhandeYour feedback matters!
With more people frankly discussing about the loss of libido, studies have been conducted to investigate the reasons behind this. Surprisingly, in addition to hormonal and functional causes like genital issues, one common factor that causes loss of libido in both men and women is lifestyle changes. In addition to improper food habits and loss of exercise, loss of sleep is one of the most common causes of reduced sex drive.
Listed below are some reasons how sleep affects your sex drive:
- Lowers testosterone levels: Optimal amounts of testosterone in the body are required for having a good sex drive. Sleeplessness reduces the amount of testosterone produced in the body, thereby directly affecting the person's libido. A week with only 5 hours of sleep daily can reduce testosterone levels by 15%, which is equivalent to approximately 10 to 15 years of ageing.
- Vaginal lubrication: Studies have shown women who sleep regularly are wetter and have less pain during sex. Painful sex in turn reduces the sex drive in women.
- Erectile dysfunction: Improper sleep habits also reduces the quality of erection, thereby leaving you dissatisfied. Patients with sleep apnea who breathe irregularly with pauses in between were identified to have erectile dysfunction. The correlation gets stronger when the erectile dysfunction and sleep apnea improved drastically with regular sleep habits.
- Sleep induced depression: Sleeplessness leads to depression and general fatigue, and the last thing one wants to indulge in when depressed and tired is to have a sex.
- Impaired cognitive function: In addition to depression, deprived sleep also leaves you with overall reduced cognitive function, which leads to a vicious cycle of not reacting to your partner's instincts, etc. If you are not able to decipher whether or not the other person is interested, then the frequency and more importantly the quality of sex is reduced. This again sends out wrong signals to the partner, who will also not make the first move. And that again leads to a gradual decline of your sex life.
- Reduces love: Ever wondered why good sex is followed by a sound sleep and leaves you feeling fresh. There are strong chemical reasons to it sex induces hormones like prolactin which helps you relax and feel rested; it also produces the cuddle hormone oxytocin which increases the goodness feeling; it also reduces cortisol which is the stress hormone. All these increase feelings of belonging and love between the partners, which are affected by lack of sleep.
So, if you and your partner have been have been wondering how to rekindle your love life, think of getting a good night's sleep and sex will happen on its own.
Please help. Is Ipill (ecp) really effective. I took ipill after 6 hours of intercourse and had bleeding after four days which continued for 4 days. It's been 45 days since my intercourse and I have done 4 home Urine pregnancy tests after 21 days of Intercourse. All are NEGATIVE but I am very scared. please help as my periods have not came yet. Do I have to worry about pregnancy and is ipill really effective.
I am having pcos. Was having dronis as birth control pill. But not regularly. Had unprotected sex. Had them for 3 days. Then again had intercourse. Can I become pregnant? What medication to have to get my periods?
1. Protein: lean meats, chicken, seafood, legumes, eggs and dairy products
2. Omega fatty acids: tuna, salmon and sardines and for vegetarians please supplement yourselves with omega fatty acids
3. Iron & vitamin c: legume, red meat, citrus fruits, capsicum
4. Nuts: for essential fatty acids
5. Beta carotene: carrot, watermelon, tomatoes.
6. Vitamin d: cheese, beef, mushrooms and plenty of sunlight.
Beauty is surely from within. Don't look for quick fixes look for long term solutions.
Eat healthy! stay healthy!
Respected Doctors, I am 45 years old 9 years married and my wife age 29 years. Her period 1 or 2 days late when me use condoms for birth control but her period in normal cycle when she use ocp. Why this happened. Also I want to know withdrawn method useful or risk?
Hi I'm a vegetarian and my age is 25 and my weight is 65 and I want to reduce my weight at least 10 kg and I hv also PCOS pbm so please guide me how to reduce weight. I'm thinking to take aloe Vera juice daily but I don't know is it good for my health or not? please tell me should I take aloe Vera juice or not?
Today employees working in rotating shift duty at different services across 24 hrs in each week (24/7)is a common work culture phenomena. Being a consultant I found that shift duty as a major cause of some common but persistent health problems. Shift rotating duties may lead to increased degeneration process of the body. If we consider increasing age as a factor along with this, it can lead to serious health problems in some individuals. In addition to this employees take a meal in canteens but its food quality, making methods and nutritional value are different from home. All these factors lead to health problems commonly related to the digestive system and other systems of the body.
Shift duties as risk factors to diseases
1) Cardiovascular disease (heart diseases)
2) Stress, depression
3) Insomnia (no sleep), headache
5) Gastrointestinal disorders -acidity, bloating, IBS etc.
6) Musculoskeletal disorders - joint pain, back pain etc.
7) Diabetes, asthma...
It's not just about shift duty; our body is well adjustable to any situation. It just needs time to adjust .As the body and circadian clock trying to adjust; your duty shift rotates again. In this cycle of the rotation, body tends to have more wear and tear resulting in health problems as it affects body metabolism and immunity. Research shows that injuries and accidents have been estimated to increase by 15% in evening shifts and 28% in night shifts. U S - NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY and HEALTH recommends employers to avoid quick shift changes and should rotating shifts schedules should rotate forward.
A Recent study shows that 12am to 3 am is the natural time of healing and detoxification of the body. This period is essential to maintain an equilibrium of body as well as of mind.
Ayurveda says that constituents of the human body should be in SAMYA AVASTHA (BALANCED) to maintain body health and mind health. That becomes hard to achieve due to shifting duties nowadays. Ayurveda will help you in this regard by
1) Suggesting lifestyle changes
2) Diet plan
3) Exercise and yoga
4) Detoxification therapies
5) Medicines -if needed to treat health problems.